Money 2007 Premium on-line services

Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money
2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09?  I've used this version since
it came out.

chris

0
Repent34 (12)
8/6/2009 10:03:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:

>Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money
>2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09?  I've used this version since
>it came out.
>
>chris

I don't know about bill pay itself.

Expect the Money 2007 to not expire on schedule. You should be good
for at least the next 3 months without action. After that, we will
see what, if anything, is needed for you to act on. I expect you to
not be locked out of File->Import of OFX and QIF statements, but the
specifics of how that is accomplished are not yet stated.  Expect
more definitive info later.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/6/2009 10:15:31 PM
When it comes to my finances I'm not comfortable waiting for answers
or a "Let's see" mentality.  No insult meant to you Cal.

Just to expound on your statements though, why should I not expect
Money 2007 Premium to not expire on schedule, when the Plus versions
apparently expire their on-line services and Bill Pay on 9-1-09?
Without the on-line services this program is useless to me.

Why should I be good for the next three months without action?  Do you
have sources for this statement?

thanks;
chris

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:15:31 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:
>
>>Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money
>>2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09?  I've used this version since
>>it came out.
>>
>>chris
>
>I don't know about bill pay itself.
>
>Expect the Money 2007 to not expire on schedule. You should be good
>for at least the next 3 months without action. After that, we will
>see what, if anything, is needed for you to act on. I expect you to
>not be locked out of File->Import of OFX and QIF statements, but the
>specifics of how that is accomplished are not yet stated.  Expect
>more definitive info later.
0
Repent34 (12)
8/6/2009 10:51:42 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:

>Why should I be good for the next three months without action?  Do you
>have sources for this statement?

Yes.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/6/2009 10:57:53 PM
and your sources are????  The project lead or manager of the MS Money
program?

chris

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:57:53 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:
>

>>Why should I be good for the next three months without action?  Do you
>>have sources for this statement?
>
>Yes.
0
Repent34 (12)
8/10/2009 4:44:43 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:

>and your sources are????  The project lead or manager of the MS Money
>program?

What I understand and try to express is not a commitment from
Microsoft. Pay attention to
http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx for the words of
Microsoft.

>chris
>

>On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:57:53 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
><via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:
>
>>In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:
>>

>>>Why should I be good for the next three months without action?  Do you
>>>have sources for this statement?
>>
>>Yes.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/10/2009 4:52:11 PM
On Aug 10, 12:52=A0pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:
> >and your sources are???? =A0The project lead or manager of the MS Money
> >program?
>
> What I understand and try to express is not a commitment from
> Microsoft. Pay attention tohttp://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspxfor=
 the words of
> Microsoft.
>

> >chris
>
> >On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:57:53 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
> ><via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote:

> >>Yes.- Hide quoted text -

TRANSLATION: If you are currently using Microsoft Money Plus you own a
program that you DOWNLOADED from Microsoft's third party distributor.
Otherwise you may be currently using a boxed copy of Microsoft Money
2005, 2006 or 2007 Premium, Deluxe, or Home & Business. The boxed
copies HAD a CD which you should have kept and should be available to
you now. Microsoft's latest communications on August 5th concerned
Money Plus, NOT the earlier versions of Money. In their June 10th
communication they SPECIFICALLY recommended that owners of Microsoft
Money 2006 and 2007 should NOT update to Microsoft Money Plus. To me
this all adds up to what Cal is intimating in his above post. My copy
of Microsoft Money 2007 Premium says online services will expire two
years after it is installed or September 1, 2009 whichever is earlier.
I installed this on my old computer in August, 2006 shortly after it
came out at Costco Warehouse. I transferred it to my current computer
in January, 2007. I have always been able to use online services, now
well over the two years stated. I anticipate that on September 2, 2009
and (hopefully) until I convert to Quicken or until January 31st, 2011
my online service with Microsoft Money will continue to work. JMHO.
Steve

0
sjcohen730 (458)
8/10/2009 8:31:48 PM
Ahhh, how refreshing a straight answer is. Why so coy?

Anyway,  I too own Money 2007 Premium that I bought from Costco back
in 2007 and still have on hand.  I did see in their announcement that
they specifically spoke of the "Plus" versions and I also saw where
they mentioned that current 2007 owners aren't being advised to
upgrade.  I understood that to mean that since the product is being
dropped, not to bother upgrading.  I vagely remember something about
the 2 years or so of on-line updates being available when I installed
in back then but don't remember the dates given.

I bought a copy of Quicken 2009 Premium at Costco the other day to try
to get ready for the loss of on-line services come 9-1-09 since that
is critical to me.  Now I'm wondering if I should return Quicken 2009
for a refund and if on-line services will in fact continue till
1-31-2011 I'd have plenty of time to get accustomed to Quicken 2010.
I'm hoping that in Quicken 2010 they will have a reliable data
converter, a cash flow feature as nice as Moneys, as well as being
able to change a single instance of a recurring bill event instead of
only the bill series.

If MS was trying to "hint" around that current users of Money 2007
non-Plus versions should stay where they are at because then their
on-line services won't expire till 1-31-2011 like the users who had
Plus and upgraded prior to the end of June I wish they'd just spit it
out.  We're all leaving them sooner or later anyway.  I'd just rather
it be later so I'm better prepared.

chris

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:31:48 -0700 (PDT), Steve <sjcohen730@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Aug 10, 12:52�pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
>wrote:
>> In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote:
>> >and your sources are???? �The project lead or manager of the MS Money
>> >program?
>>
>> What I understand and try to express is not a commitment from
>> Microsoft. Pay attention tohttp://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspxfor the words of
>> Microsoft.
>>

>> >chris

>TRANSLATION: If you are currently using Microsoft Money Plus you own a
>program that you DOWNLOADED from Microsoft's third party distributor.
>Otherwise you may be currently using a boxed copy of Microsoft Money
>2005, 2006 or 2007 Premium, Deluxe, or Home & Business. The boxed
>copies HAD a CD which you should have kept and should be available to
>you now. Microsoft's latest communications on August 5th concerned
>Money Plus, NOT the earlier versions of Money. In their June 10th
>communication they SPECIFICALLY recommended that owners of Microsoft
>Money 2006 and 2007 should NOT update to Microsoft Money Plus. To me
>this all adds up to what Cal is intimating in his above post. My copy
>of Microsoft Money 2007 Premium says online services will expire two
>years after it is installed or September 1, 2009 whichever is earlier.
>I installed this on my old computer in August, 2006 shortly after it
>came out at Costco Warehouse. I transferred it to my current computer
>in January, 2007. I have always been able to use online services, now
>well over the two years stated. I anticipate that on September 2, 2009
>and (hopefully) until I convert to Quicken or until January 31st, 2011
>my online service with Microsoft Money will continue to work. JMHO.
>Steve
0
Repent34 (12)
8/10/2009 10:15:43 PM
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:15:43 -0700, Repent <repent34@hotmail.com> wrote:

>If MS was trying to "hint" around that current users of Money 2007
>non-Plus versions should stay where they are at because then their
>on-line services won't expire till 1-31-2011 like the users who had
>Plus and upgraded prior to the end of June I wish they'd just spit it
>out.  We're all leaving them sooner or later anyway.  I'd just rather
>it be later so I'm better prepared.

They not only did NOT spit this out, but when I contacted Microsoft customer
support about this very issue, I was specifically told that if I wanted to use
online services after Sep 2009, I would need to purchase the newer version.

In the below quote, "it" in the second paragraph refers to the latest Money
Plus:

"Thank you for your response. The main incident is that Microsoft wants their
customers to know that the Online Services are going to expire. In no means,
they are doing this to force the customers to purchase a new copy of the
software. This is what I really meant in my previous e-mail, Ron. There is no
intention in making the customers buy new copies of the software. The decision
is totally on the customers' side.

"As I have explained, if you want to extend the Online Services, you would need
to purchase it; nonetheless, the program will continue working with the basic
features as long as they do not require an Online connection.
Thank you for choosing Microsoft."
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/10/2009 10:59:09 PM
On Aug 10, 6:59=A0pm, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenf...@nospam.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:15:43 -0700, Repent <repen...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >If MS was trying to "hint" around that current users of Money 2007
> >non-Plus versions should stay where they are at because then their
> >on-line services won't expire till 1-31-2011 like the users who had
> >Plus and upgraded prior to the end of June I wish they'd just spit it
> >out. =A0We're all leaving them sooner or later anyway. =A0I'd just rathe=
> >it be later so I'm better prepared.
>
> They not only did NOT spit this out, but when I contacted Microsoft custo=
mer
> support about this very issue, I was specifically told that if I wanted t=
o use
> online services after Sep 2009, I would need to purchase the newer versio=
n.

> In the below quote, "it" in the second paragraph refers to the latest Mon=
ey
> Plus:
>
> "Thank you for your response. The main incident is that Microsoft wants t=
heir
> customers to know that the Online Services are going to expire. In no mea=
ns,
> they are doing this to force the customers to purchase a new copy of the
> software. This is what I really meant in my previous e-mail, Ron. There i=
s no
> intention in making the customers buy new copies of the software. The dec=
ision
> is totally on the customers' side.
>
> "As I have explained, if you want to extend the Online Services, you woul=
d need
> to purchase it; nonetheless, the program will continue working with the b=
asic
> features as long as they do not require an Online connection.
> Thank you for choosing Microsoft."
> --ron

It always interests me when the Microsoft "spokesman says the company
line and people tend to interpret it differently. If I am quoting what
Ron said he was talking about Money Plus. Nowhere does he reference
Money 2007 in his comments.

Why would Microsoft attempt to shut off the box set owners if the will
still continue to service online until January, 2011. It is Money Plus
that they put the activation code in, along with the expiration date
code and apparently also a "notice" code that lets the Money Plus user
know his online services will be terminating. I have never received
ANY notice and I know I am not alone. It would be a gigantic mess for
Microsoft to somehow be able to go into my coding, as well as everyone
else who has earlier boxed versions of the product and cause the
online service to be stopped while at the same time NOT stopping the
service for all the Money Plus users who have extended time or whose
original two years are not yet up. I may be wrong on this, but I do
believe there are a few thousand dedicated Money users who today are
not even aware that this online service is going to stop. We shall
see. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

Find and replace new line character
I would like to find and replace a return character (or new line, or \n, or chr(10) -- take your pick) at the beginning of a field with an empty string "". I would really rather not have to write an update query or a script. Is there a way to enter special characters into the find & replace dialogue box? I would expect to be able to find "\n" and replace with "", matching "Start of Field" but that doesn't work. I'm using Access 2003. On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:50:00 -0800, mmapes <mmapes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The F&...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Can't copy outside of Excel 2007 after copying within a spreadshee
I do a lot of copy and paste from Excel to external files/applications and vice versa. In Excel 2003, I could copy a value in a spreadsheet, paste it into an external tool or file and run a search or process, copy the results from the external process, then paste back into Excel. However, since moving to 2007 I can no longer to do this. I am able to copy the value in Excel and paste it externally, but when I try to copy an external value and paste it back into Excel, the value that I copied in Excel is pasted instead. It's basically ignoring the information that I copy ou...

money 2002 #26

Exchange 2007 on DC single server
Hello Any issues with installing Exchange 2007 on a DC? I have one server so everything has to go on this box. one more question I will be using the anti spam agents that come out of hte box with 2007. I know how to install the agents on the HT server role, but is there a compand that i need to run to enable the junk-mail threshold? I was under the impression that the junk-mail folder wont work unless i turn it on using a shell command. All users are running outlook 2003 sp2 Hi a) you can have Exchange and DC on a single box but it is not recommended. b) Junk-mail thresholds can be...

money 2005 #11

Moving average trend line
When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the weighting function? Thanks, Don Culp no weighting is done. Don Culp wrote: > When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all > data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent > data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the > weighting function? > > Thanks, > Don Culp ...

Word between lines
Hi, I´m working in Publisher 2003. Can you guys help me out ? I need to changes words between lines, can I do it automatic? So if changes the text I don´t have to go and take all the - (meaning-ful) out. Asa Edit, find... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ASA" <ASA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42A5C3B-822C-4E59-855A-C542697E6B39@microsoft.com... > Hi, I�m working in Publisher 2003. > Can you guys help me out ? I need to changes words between lines, can I do &...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

CCheckList box causes Debug Assertion Error (WintCtr3.cpp Line 41)
Hello, I am developing an activeX ctrl using MFC (VS.NET 2003). While using a CheckListBox in one of the dialogs, the dialog is shown but an Debug Assertion error pops up (Wintctrl3.cpp line 41). The List Box has following properties set: Ownerdraw - Fixed HasStrings - True Sort - False Selection - Single. Am I missing some specific attribute while using checklistbox? Thanks, Punit. "Punit" <punitparikh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7dbbecea.0503090519.1a5fcf1f@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I am developing an activeX ctrl using MFC (VS.NET 2003). While usi...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Exchange 2007 and EFORMS REGISTRY
Hi, on technet I found the information that custom forms are de-emphasized. Does that mean that even if I create a public folder store in Ex2007 I cannot have an organizational forms library for my MAPI form definitions? If that is true, how am I supposed to manage the GUI of MAPI items of my message classes in the enterprise? Please don't tell me that MAPI form configurations have to be published to each and every mailbox where my message classes should be useable. That sounds like a deployment nightmare. Please don't tell me either that one has to keep a pre-Ex2007 server jus...

2007-- word categories for contacts
Please help me to discover how I can type in words into the category field when creating new contact entries in 2007, instead of the colours. [I have a word based category system used for about 2000 contacts from Outloook 2003, using 100 or more category words]. Thank you SR Open the Contact and from the Show group in the Ribbon select All Fields. Set Select from to: Frequently-used fields. Locate the Categories field and type your categories in the Value column. You can separate categories with a ; or a , -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Ou...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

CURVED LINE MEASUREMENT
Dear all, It's my first time on international discussion groups, I usually use spanish groups home. I have a question about how to get the correct measurement of a curved line. Actually I'm working with visio 2003 and I can not find an stencil that let me the measurement of a curve line. I mean that if I want to know the distance between a curved line the measurement is the straigt line between X to Y but not the real measurement of the curve. I need a tool like the pensil to draw a paht on a map where are included straig lines and curved lines and then get the result of the ...

how to display the count of lines found by autofilter?
Using autofilter to filter rows in a range used to give a count of the number of rows found in the bottom left hand of the screen. Now I have excel 2003 that very useful feature does not seem to be there. Is this a setting I have not found? Is there anyway of getting it back? It's still there, and it still disappears every once in a while. Debra Dalgleish has some workarounds at: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count elaineb wrote: > > Using autofilter to filter rows in a range used to give a count of the number > of rows found in the bottom left hand of...

Reinstall Money Plus problems