Money 2007 Canadian Version

Anyone if and when a canadian version will come out and also which version
it will be?

0
purzelbc (3)
7/23/2006 6:08:24 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Purzel wrote:

>Anyone if and when a canadian version will come out and also which version
>it will be?

There is no longer a Canadian specific product.  Canadians can
actually use any version.  They will get Canadian banks, they just
won't get other Canadian specific info (taxes, RRSP vs 401k, etc).
If they use a US term such as IRA, they can parallel many of the
functions.  I expect this will be some problem for tax preparation
in that the basis rules for Canada (average across all accounts)
vary from US rules (basis within accounts with some more choices in
some cases).

Canadian banks are included in the unified list, altho the Money
interface of the banks themselves is often limited to the Web
interface.

Money 2007 does not have a "Canadian" mode as did some earlier
versions of Microsoft Money.  I expect Money 2007 should be able to
convert the Money files Canadian versions since Money 2000, but of
course I can't be sure.  The current file format is a unified North
American English version. I don't know what the situation is for
Canadian French files.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/23/2006 7:31:40 PM
Does it still only include Canadian banks in the Standard version? I am using
the 2007 Trial and I don't see any Canadian banks.
--
Eric Bennett

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Purzel wrote:
>
> >Anyone if and when a canadian version will come out and also which version
> >it will be?
> >

> There is no longer a Canadian specific product.  Canadians can
> actually use any version.  They will get Canadian banks, they just
> won't get other Canadian specific info (taxes, RRSP vs 401k, etc).
> If they use a US term such as IRA, they can parallel many of the
> functions.  I expect this will be some problem for tax preparation
> in that the basis rules for Canada (average across all accounts)
> vary from US rules (basis within accounts with some more choices in
> some cases).
>
> Canadian banks are included in the unified list, altho the Money
> interface of the banks themselves is often limited to the Web
> interface.
>
> Money 2007 does not have a "Canadian" mode as did some earlier
> versions of Microsoft Money.  I expect Money 2007 should be able to
> convert the Money files Canadian versions since Money 2000, but of
> course I can't be sure.  The current file format is a unified North
> American English version. I don't know what the situation is for
> Canadian French files.

0
SolaDude (11)
7/24/2006 1:47:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, SolaDude wrote:

>Does it still only include Canadian banks in the Standard version? I am using
>the 2007 Trial and I don't see any Canadian banks.

They seem to be prefixed with  "Canada-" within the account setup in
Money, but are interspersed in the
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=R&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly
list.

I see that RBC is not in the lists.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/24/2006 3:16:57 PM
Thanks, the link you provided does show a good number of Canadian banks
prefixed by "Canada -" in the list.

However when setting up online services in Money 2007 only ING Direct is
listed as truly "online".

The other banks all fall into the category of providing the following:

Web Services allow you to download your statements and transactions into
Money by accessing your financial institution's web site and then clicking
"Download to Money".

I have been doing the above "manual" downloading for some time, but maybe
the other banks will soon be providing full automated online services.
--
Eric Bennett

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, SolaDude wrote:
>
> >Does it still only include Canadian banks in the Standard version? I am using
> >the 2007 Trial and I don't see any Canadian banks.
>
> They seem to be prefixed with  "Canada-" within the account setup in
> Money, but are interspersed in the
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=R&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly
> list.
>
> I see that RBC is not in the lists.

0
SolaDude (11)
7/25/2006 1:11:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, SolaDude wrote:

>I have been doing the above "manual" downloading for some time, but maybe
>the other banks will soon be providing full automated online services.

Microsoft would be interested in assisting that. Your bank might
want to see http://www.microsoft.com/money/fi.mspx
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Two computers, one Money file.

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Can't copy outside of Excel 2007 after copying within a spreadshee
I do a lot of copy and paste from Excel to external files/applications and vice versa. In Excel 2003, I could copy a value in a spreadsheet, paste it into an external tool or file and run a search or process, copy the results from the external process, then paste back into Excel. However, since moving to 2007 I can no longer to do this. I am able to copy the value in Excel and paste it externally, but when I try to copy an external value and paste it back into Excel, the value that I copied in Excel is pasted instead. It's basically ignoring the information that I copy ou...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

Exchange 2007 on DC single server
Hello Any issues with installing Exchange 2007 on a DC? I have one server so everything has to go on this box. one more question I will be using the anti spam agents that come out of hte box with 2007. I know how to install the agents on the HT server role, but is there a compand that i need to run to enable the junk-mail threshold? I was under the impression that the junk-mail folder wont work unless i turn it on using a shell command. All users are running outlook 2003 sp2 Hi a) you can have Exchange and DC on a single box but it is not recommended. b) Junk-mail thresholds can be...

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Exchange 2007 and EFORMS REGISTRY
Hi, on technet I found the information that custom forms are de-emphasized. Does that mean that even if I create a public folder store in Ex2007 I cannot have an organizational forms library for my MAPI form definitions? If that is true, how am I supposed to manage the GUI of MAPI items of my message classes in the enterprise? Please don't tell me that MAPI form configurations have to be published to each and every mailbox where my message classes should be useable. That sounds like a deployment nightmare. Please don't tell me either that one has to keep a pre-Ex2007 server jus...

2007-- word categories for contacts
Please help me to discover how I can type in words into the category field when creating new contact entries in 2007, instead of the colours. [I have a word based category system used for about 2000 contacts from Outloook 2003, using 100 or more category words]. Thank you SR Open the Contact and from the Show group in the Ribbon select All Fields. Set Select from to: Frequently-used fields. Locate the Categories field and type your categories in the Value column. You can separate categories with a ; or a , -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Ou...

money vs simply accounting

Updating from Version 8.0 to 9.0
I was just wondering if anyone had did the GP update from version 8.0 to 9.0 and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for when I'm doing this? If you are planning to upgrade your 8 to 9 and wanting to sQL SERVER 2005, upgrade first your Great Plains in SQL Server 2000. Upgrade in SQL SERVER 2005 do not work. Gerald "jake" wrote: > I was just wondering if anyone had did the GP update from version 8.0 > to 9.0 and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for when I'm > doing this? > > The biggest tip I can give you is to do a test upgrade bef...

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Publisher cannot open files from a different version (again!)
I've gone through lots of messages about this problem and have tried the Norton and dragging the file to the desktop suggestions but neither have worked. My version of Publisher is: Microsoft Publisher 2000 SR-1. I have received a CD today which has 3 templates on it which I need to access but I keep getting the above error message. On the files I can't open it says the version is Publisher 2000 Version 6. I really am not technical but I presume that means it is a newer version than my own, yet they are both Publisher 2000 - will I need to purchase a newer version of Publishe...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

How to switch between different e-mail accounts in Outlook 2007?
Hi! How do you switch between the different e-mail accoounts in Outlook 2007? It was so easy with my old Outlook Express. Having created the different e-mail accounts I can see anywhere to switch between the difffernt e-mail addresses. Thanks all You either set up your multiple email accounts in the same OL profile, or with the Mail Applet set up another Profile with new data file and the required email account. NB you cannot switch between Profiles without shutting OL down, unlike OE where you can switch Identities "Edgarki" <Edgarki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...