Money 2007 backup errors

I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flash drives and Money 2007
keeps indicating the disk is full and requests a second disk.  I checked the
backup path and it appears to be the correct path.  A further check of the
USB drives, shows there is a partial backup money file on the drives, but
they are considerably smaller than the compressed file stored on my HDD.  I
have googled for a fix, but haven't turned up anything yet.  Any suggestions
on how to remedy this situation?

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Boskey wrote:

>I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flash drives and Money 2007
>keeps indicating the disk is full and requests a second disk.  I checked the
>backup path and it appears to be the correct path.  A further check of the
>USB drives, shows there is a partial backup money file on the drives, but
>they are considerably smaller than the compressed file stored on my HDD.  I
>have googled for a fix, but haven't turned up anything yet.  Any suggestions
>on how to remedy this situation?

Add a big extra file or so to make the drive have less than 2 GB of
free space to work around this. It is fixed in Money Plus.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/28/2007 3:56:22 AM
Or buy a 2G drive which will work as you want.  They are cheap and you will
free up the entire 4G drive for other uses.
--
Peace,
BobJ

> In microsoft.public.money, Boskey wrote:
>
>>I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flash drives and Money
>>2007
>>keeps indicating the disk is full and requests a second disk.  I checked
>>the
>>backup path and it appears to be the correct path.  A further check of the
>>USB drives, shows there is a partial backup money file on the drives, but
>>they are considerably smaller than the compressed file stored on my HDD.
>>have googled for a fix, but haven't turned up anything yet.  Any
>>suggestions
>>on how to remedy this situation?
>>

> Add a big extra file or so to make the drive have less than 2 GB of
> free space to work around this. It is fixed in Money Plus.

0
Privacy1 (389)
11/28/2007 4:48:18 AM
"Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
> Or buy a 2G drive which will work as you want.  They are cheap and you
> will free up the entire 4G drive for other uses.
> --
> Peace,
> BobJ

Thanks all for the quick response.  Looks like I'll pick up 2 GB USB drive
for backup purposes.

"Boskey" wrote:

> I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flash drives and Money 2007
> keeps indicating the disk is full and requests a second disk.  I checked the
> backup path and it appears to be the correct path.  A further check of the
> USB drives, shows there is a partial backup money file on the drives, but
> they are considerably smaller than the compressed file stored on my HDD.  I
> have googled for a fix, but haven't turned up anything yet.  Any suggestions
> on how to remedy this situation?

0
XGURO (1)
12/2/2007 1:18:01 PM
Mount the USB Flash Drive to an empty folder and point the MS Money
(broken-ware) to there and it should no longer incorrectly complain about
disk being full.  For example C:\Flash Disk\

Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management
Right Click on Disk and select Change Drive Letter and Paths...
Click the "Add" button
Select the button labeled "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder:"
Click the "Browse" button.
Click the "New Folder" button.
Type in name for the empty mount folder. ex: Flash Disk
Click the "OK" button.
Click the "OK" button.

You should now be able to access you USB Flash Disk with the following path:
C:\Flash Disk\

"Boskey" <whoknows@whocares.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flash drives and Money 2007
>keeps indicating the disk is full and requests a second disk.  I checked
>the backup path and it appears to be the correct path.  A further check of
>the USB drives, shows there is a partial backup money file on the drives,
>but they are considerably smaller than the compressed file stored on my
>HDD.  I have googled for a fix, but haven't turned up anything yet.  Any
>suggestions on how to remedy this situation?

Two computers, one Money file.

Error Code: 0x80246002 02-27-10
this error code appears when i try to install update: Windows XP x64 Edition Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB978207) i tried the 2 methods on the microsoft website to no avail. Any ideas? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed IE8? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the comput...

Brick Level Backup With Backup Exec V9 overwriting Exchange Securi
When you wan to make Brick Level backups of Mailboxes in Exchange 2000, you need to have the 'Send as' and 'Receive As' right OR be added to the group 'Exchange Domain Servers' (so you receive this right). THis works fine when you work to recover a single mailbox with ExMerge (KB273642) or when you have to configure 'BrightStore - ArcServe'. For Veritas Backup Exec V 9.0 Rev 4454 THIS IS NOT NEEDED. It is sufficient to have the right: "Exchange Administrators" in the Exchange Organization and to be "Local Administrator" of the Exchan...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Can't copy outside of Excel 2007 after copying within a spreadshee
I do a lot of copy and paste from Excel to external files/applications and vice versa. In Excel 2003, I could copy a value in a spreadsheet, paste it into an external tool or file and run a search or process, copy the results from the external process, then paste back into Excel. However, since moving to 2007 I can no longer to do this. I am able to copy the value in Excel and paste it externally, but when I try to copy an external value and paste it back into Excel, the value that I copied in Excel is pasted instead. It's basically ignoring the information that I copy ou...

money 2002 #26

Exchange 2007 on DC single server
Hello Any issues with installing Exchange 2007 on a DC? I have one server so everything has to go on this box. one more question I will be using the anti spam agents that come out of hte box with 2007. I know how to install the agents on the HT server role, but is there a compand that i need to run to enable the junk-mail threshold? I was under the impression that the junk-mail folder wont work unless i turn it on using a shell command. All users are running outlook 2003 sp2 Hi a) you can have Exchange and DC on a single box but it is not recommended. b) Junk-mail thresholds can be...

money 2005 #11

SMTP errors #2
We just recently migrated from 5.5 to 2003, a few users are occasionally receiving this error when sending messages out and I'm not sure what to do about it: Any idea what would be the problem? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: jwinston@scadirect.com on 11/03/2004 12:49 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ExchNY.nycpdc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <jwinston@scadirect.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [209.73.208.162]> -- Thanks The recei...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

Advance Filter Error Message?
Excel 2000 ... I have 1 single stand-alone Column (Q) where I am trying to get unique records ... Issue is ... I keep getting the following error message pop-up. "Extract File Name missing or invalid" I do not recall ever getting this error message before & have no clue what it means or why the data or structure is causing this? I have nothing extraordinary here ... Any ideas? ... Thanks ... Kha I haven't seen that error message either. One thought.. Excel assigns the name "Extract" to the range that the unique list is created in. You might look at it in ...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Test Backup restore from Exchange 2000 to StandbyServer
I would like to perform a full restore (db and mailbox) from my ExchangeProduction to ExchangeStandbyServer to make sure I become familiar with new backup software setup recently. I also would like to have an idea of time it takes to perform that backup and test data integrity often. Besides my StandbyServer, currently I have just one server available (not the same hardware used in the Exchange production) that I could use to setup a lab for the testing. I have no $ for DLT or other servers like DC's I would need to setup the lab. Would be possible, viable and safe perform this restore t...

Trying to change the picture name in VBA is giving me permission error
I have something like this Sheet1.Shapes(i).Name = "picture" + cstr(i) But it gives me an permission error (70) Anyway around this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com That should work unless that name already belongs to another shape. I get a permission denied error too in that case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Exchange 2007 and EFORMS REGISTRY
Hi, on technet I found the information that custom forms are de-emphasized. Does that mean that even if I create a public folder store in Ex2007 I cannot have an organizational forms library for my MAPI form definitions? If that is true, how am I supposed to manage the GUI of MAPI items of my message classes in the enterprise? Please don't tell me that MAPI form configurations have to be published to each and every mailbox where my message classes should be useable. That sounds like a deployment nightmare. Please don't tell me either that one has to keep a pre-Ex2007 server jus...

2007-- word categories for contacts
Please help me to discover how I can type in words into the category field when creating new contact entries in 2007, instead of the colours. [I have a word based category system used for about 2000 contacts from Outloook 2003, using 100 or more category words]. Thank you SR Open the Contact and from the Show group in the Ribbon select All Fields. Set Select from to: Frequently-used fields. Locate the Categories field and type your categories in the Value column. You can separate categories with a ; or a , -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Ou...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

sync. backup folders...
I am using exchange and outlook 2003. My boss is using her Treo phone which I was able to sync. with her outlook mail, calendar and contacts. Everything sinycs. fine except contacts sub folders. For some reason it sync. some of her sub folder backup contacts and not the original sub folder. Any idea? By the way, she is using another computer at home and connects through VPN to access outlook. "Dooma" <nowhere@noway.com> wrote in news:OYE8zfpUGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl: > I am using exchange and outlook 2003. My boss is using her Treo phone > which I was able...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2