Money 2007 and Vista user account control

I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimate.
If uer acount control is turned on Money opens the file in program files
then writes all its changes to the vitural store.  When I close Money and
open it again the file that is opened is the old file from program files not
the file that contains the changes made last time.  Is there another way to
fix this behavior other than turning UAC off?

Thanks in advance

John A. Dwyer, MCSE

0
dwyerja (2)
3/13/2008 12:00:10 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, John A. Dwyer, MCSE wrote:

>I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimate.
>If uer acount control is turned on Money opens the file in program files
>then writes all its changes to the vitural store.  When I close Money and
>open it again the file that is opened is the old file from program files not
>the file that contains the changes made last time.  Is there another way to
>fix this behavior other than turning UAC off?

Yes. Do not have your Money file or backup files in ProgramFiles.
Your Documents folder is the normally-suggested place for those.

Search on the term "File Virtualization" for an explanation of what
happens.
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
3/13/2008 12:10:25 AM
Thanks I'll give it a try

> In microsoft.public.money, John A. Dwyer, MCSE wrote:
>
>>I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimate.
>>If uer acount control is turned on Money opens the file in program files
>>then writes all its changes to the vitural store.  When I close Money and
>>open it again the file that is opened is the old file from program files
>>not
>>the file that contains the changes made last time.  Is there another way
>>fix this behavior other than turning UAC off?
>
> Yes. Do not have your Money file or backup files in ProgramFiles.
> Your Documents folder is the normally-suggested place for those.
>
> Search on the term "File Virtualization" for an explanation of what
> happens.

0
dwyerja (2)

Email to all contacts in an account
Hello, I have CRM 4.0 and i was trying to send an email to an account with related contacts. the email was deliverd to the account email but not to the related contacts. i couldnt find a way to do it. Is there any way for the email to be sentl automatically to the contacts related to an account when sending an email to the account? any help would be highly appreciated. regards ...

Two computers, one Money file.

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

Great Plains Requsition Managment Data Extraction for end users
For the role of Requisition Purchaser, there is not way for these users to view all outstanding req's at any point in time and answer questions such as, "What is the status of my req?" Ereq used to provided a vry simple qry that would display this information, in BP2.5 & RM there is no option to quickly and easily see ALL reqs that are out there. For instance, which approver is sitting on a req and not moving it along. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Can't copy outside of Excel 2007 after copying within a spreadshee
I do a lot of copy and paste from Excel to external files/applications and vice versa. In Excel 2003, I could copy a value in a spreadsheet, paste it into an external tool or file and run a search or process, copy the results from the external process, then paste back into Excel. However, since moving to 2007 I can no longer to do this. I am able to copy the value in Excel and paste it externally, but when I try to copy an external value and paste it back into Excel, the value that I copied in Excel is pasted instead. It's basically ignoring the information that I copy ou...

money 2002 #26

Exchange 2007 on DC single server
Hello Any issues with installing Exchange 2007 on a DC? I have one server so everything has to go on this box. one more question I will be using the anti spam agents that come out of hte box with 2007. I know how to install the agents on the HT server role, but is there a compand that i need to run to enable the junk-mail threshold? I was under the impression that the junk-mail folder wont work unless i turn it on using a shell command. All users are running outlook 2003 sp2 Hi a) you can have Exchange and DC on a single box but it is not recommended. b) Junk-mail thresholds can be...

money 2005 #11

RichEdit Control Colour #2
Hi all, I've a problem in setting the text & backgroup colour in MFC's CRichEditCtrl. In my program, I need to have a text editor having 1. backgound color = Blue 2. Text colour = Yellow I can succesfully set it in the CRichEditCtrl by using SetBackgroundColor() & SetDefaultCharFormat(). It works fine. However, when the text in the CRichEditCtrl was selected, the color will be inverted! (i.e. Text = Blue & backgroud = yellow). How can I change this default behaviour? say Text = Orange & backgroup = black. Can I do so? Rgds, Marco ...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Percent Format: Allow user to type Percent, not decimal?
Seems like when a field's underlying value is a decimal amount, but the presentation format on a field in a form is "Percent", the user still has to type the decimal equivalent of the percent when editing the field. e.g. CouponRate=.05437 is shown as "5.437%", but when the user clicks into the field to type something, they have to type, for instance, ". 04798" to get 4.798 percent to show. Seems logical from one perspective, but my users don't care for it. I can think of one way to handle this, using event code, but I'm wondering if there is a Good-...

Reassigning accounts changes owenr on ALL objects....
We had a sales guy leave so I reassigned his accounts to various other reps....worked great EXCEPT it reassigned all objects related to that Account....even the completed ones. Where it screws me up the most is on orders already created and the reportinig that I have created....it moves those historical orders to new rep. reports have to be based on order owner vs created by because we have admins that do some order entry. Is there any way to reassign account and NOT have it change the owner on any activity/order/etc that has been completed or is in the past?????? maybe an append query at th...

disallowing specific users to send email to the internet
Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 to restrict specific users from sending emails to the internet? We have a couple users that are sending too many personal emails out and we would like to block them. Thanks Add them to the delivery restrictions box on the IMS. On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:01:55 -0700, "Jason Gallas" <jgallas@usa.nospam.net> wrote: >Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 to restrict specific users from sending >emails to the internet? We have a couple users that are sending too many >personal emails out and we would like to block them. > >Thanks >...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Exchange 2007 and EFORMS REGISTRY
Hi, on technet I found the information that custom forms are de-emphasized. Does that mean that even if I create a public folder store in Ex2007 I cannot have an organizational forms library for my MAPI form definitions? If that is true, how am I supposed to manage the GUI of MAPI items of my message classes in the enterprise? Please don't tell me that MAPI form configurations have to be published to each and every mailbox where my message classes should be useable. That sounds like a deployment nightmare. Please don't tell me either that one has to keep a pre-Ex2007 server jus...

Migrating Accounts #2
Hi all, I have same error Luis Murguia exposed in the group on 2004-06-02 08:59:04 PST. I want to migrate accounts. Right now I'm testing only with one record. This is the content of cdf_account table: AccountId = 1 TerritoryId = 3 OwningUser = 1 OwningUserName = Administrador Name = 'CTA TEST' IsPrivate = 0 StatusCode = 1 StateCode = 0 The other fields are null The cdf_systemuser table has this: SystemUserId OrganizationId BusinessUnitId DomainName SourceUserName ------------ -------------- -------------- ---------------------- ------------- 1 1 1 ABITSCOL\...

2007-- word categories for contacts
Please help me to discover how I can type in words into the category field when creating new contact entries in 2007, instead of the colours. [I have a word based category system used for about 2000 contacts from Outloook 2003, using 100 or more category words]. Thank you SR Open the Contact and from the Show group in the Ribbon select All Fields. Set Select from to: Frequently-used fields. Locate the Categories field and type your categories in the Value column. You can separate categories with a ; or a , -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Ou...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2