Money 2006 - Payee List

My new year's resolution is to clean up my Payee and Catagory list in
Money...consolidate catagories, payees, etc.  I just went to the Payee List
for the first time in awhile and noticed that in addition to picking up the
Payee from the Payee field in the check register, the Payee List also picks
up on the Memo field in every one of my investment accounts and shows any
memo as an actual Payee.  Strange, but when I got to that transaction and
erase my memo, it stops showing up as a Payee.  I don't want to erase all my
comments from all my transactions in all my accounts, but it would eliminate
a few hundred extra payees from my Payee list.  Please comment if you have
any suggestions...thanks in advance.
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Which version of Money? Do you have roaming enabled?

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

"Matt McLelland" <MattMcLelland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My new year's resolution is to clean up my Payee and Catagory list in
> Money...consolidate catagories, payees, etc.  I just went to the Payee
> List
> for the first time in awhile and noticed that in addition to picking up
> the
> Payee from the Payee field in the check register, the Payee List also
> picks
> up on the Memo field in every one of my investment accounts and shows any
> memo as an actual Payee.  Strange, but when I got to that transaction and
> erase my memo, it stops showing up as a Payee.  I don't want to erase all
> my
> comments from all my transactions in all my accounts, but it would
> eliminate
> a few hundred extra payees from my Payee list.  Please comment if you have
> any suggestions...thanks in advance.

0
gordonm (1013)
1/2/2006 5:50:29 PM
I'm running 2006 Deluxe.  Roaming enabled?  Not sure if I know what that is
(maybe that's my problem).  It's not a shared file and it's completely local
- i.e.  not shared with the MoneyCentral site.  Does that help?

"Michael Gordon, MVP" wrote:

> Which version of Money? Do you have roaming enabled?
>
> --
> Michael Gordon
> MVP
>

> "Matt McLelland" <MattMcLelland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My new year's resolution is to clean up my Payee and Catagory list in
> > Money...consolidate catagories, payees, etc.  I just went to the Payee
> > List
> > for the first time in awhile and noticed that in addition to picking up
> > the
> > Payee from the Payee field in the check register, the Payee List also
> > picks
> > up on the Memo field in every one of my investment accounts and shows any
> > memo as an actual Payee.  Strange, but when I got to that transaction and
> > erase my memo, it stops showing up as a Payee.  I don't want to erase all
> > my
> > comments from all my transactions in all my accounts, but it would
> > eliminate
> > a few hundred extra payees from my Payee list.  Please comment if you have
> > any suggestions...thanks in advance.

My experience is that sharing with MoneyCentral sometimes causes this
behavior; but if you're completely local, then something else is at work.

--

> I'm running 2006 Deluxe.  Roaming enabled?  Not sure if I know what that
> is
> (maybe that's my problem).  It's not a shared file and it's completely
> local
> - i.e.  not shared with the MoneyCentral site.  Does that help?
>
> "Michael Gordon, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Which version of Money? Do you have roaming enabled?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Gordon
>> MVP
>>

>> "Matt McLelland" <MattMcLelland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > My new year's resolution is to clean up my Payee and Catagory list in
>> > Money...consolidate catagories, payees, etc.  I just went to the Payee
>> > List
>> > for the first time in awhile and noticed that in addition to picking up
>> > the
>> > Payee from the Payee field in the check register, the Payee List also
>> > picks
>> > up on the Memo field in every one of my investment accounts and shows
>> > any
>> > memo as an actual Payee.  Strange, but when I got to that transaction
>> > and
>> > erase my memo, it stops showing up as a Payee.  I don't want to erase
>> > all
>> > my
>> > comments from all my transactions in all my accounts, but it would
>> > eliminate
>> > a few hundred extra payees from my Payee list.  Please comment if you
>> > have
>> > any suggestions...thanks in advance.

0
gordonm (1013)
1/12/2006 9:42:42 PM
Figured it out...when Money was bringing in transactions from my Investment
accounts, if there was no real Payee, it was taking the value from the "Memo"
field and using that as the Payee.  There's actually a place in setup where
you can turn this off....so it doesn't do this anymore.

"Matt McLelland" wrote:

> Figured it out...when Money was bringing in transactions from my Investment
> accounts, if there was no real Payee, it was taking the value from the "Memo"
> field and using that as the Payee.  There's actually a place in setup where
> you can turn this off....so it doesn't do this anymore.

How did you do it?
I have the same problems with transfer transactions and it is pretty
annoying. Since transfer transaction has no real payee Money always replaces
the payee with the content of the memo field, even when I delete it. Yes, I
delete memo before accepting a match, accept the transaction and memo
replaces the payee I entered by hand!! So , I have to go to the transaction
again delete the payee and accept save the transaction.
0
Potomac (2)

Price Lists
We have different percentage of retail pricing for our different customers. For example, we have Distributors, General Dealers, SubDistributors, etc. I am supposed to set up another category with a different percentage discount for House dealers. Where do I go to do this? Thanks Angie I found some notes from my predecessor and figured it out. Thanks! Angie "Angie" <angelam@dansr.com> wrote in message news:eJcYuNVfIHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We have different percentage of retail pricing for our different > customers. For example, we have Distributors...

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

Using Drop Down List to Autofill
Hello there, I need to send a word doc with the same structure to multiple counterparts. I want to create a drop down list so that when I select the name, the address, telephone and email details all autofill. I would also like other parts of the document further down to autofill based on the name selection. Is this possible, and if so, how? Many thanks, Paul -- PaulM This sort of document is described in http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please po...

List #3
I have created a drop-down list for my spreadsheet, please advise on how do i format the list in a way that when i hit the "D" it will jump to the entries that are starting with "D" This would be helpful when I have a extremely long list. Thanks Hi if you use a listbox from 'Data - Validation - List' no way to achieve this "Alicia" wrote: > I have created a drop-down list for my spreadsheet, please advise on how do i > format the list in a way that when i hit the "D" it will jump to the entries > that are starting with "D&...

money 2005 #11

Authorized senders list
Is there a 3rd party utility or otherwise that would allow an account holder to maintain a list of authorized email senders? A remote pop account is used as the gateway. It would pull mail from the remote pop account only from authorized senders. Is there some way to accomplish this? Nick Not natively with Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Nick Mirro" <nmirro@ticnet.com> wrote in message news:%23%23yPSQz7HHA.5096@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a 3rd party utility or otherwise that would all...

Excel last open file should move to top of list when used
When opening Excel I see list of last documents which I have used. I think that document which is opened from the list now, should move to the top of the list. That how frequently used documents would be on the list always. Now document need to be opened once every 9 (maximum numbers of history) different file used. You could send a message to MS asking for this enhancement: mswish@microsoft.com or xlwish@microsoft.com Put Excel in the subject so that it goes to the correct group. (then cross your fingers and get your checkbook out to by the newest version!) Matti Simperi wrote: > ...

Duplicate Funds in Money

How to know # of address in Distribution List
Hi.. 1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each distribution lists of 50 addresses. In Outlook Express it shows how many email addresses in a group, but whereas in Outlook it doesn't show. Is there a way to know how many address in each Distribution List. 2) Can I do some VBA scripting to show each address a serial number in the Distribution List. I would appreciate your tips & tricks about Distribution Lists. Thanks Wael >-----Original Message----- >Hi.. > >1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each >distr...

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for 5/9/2006
Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing May 9, 2006 Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: www.microsoft.com/technet/security and www.microsoft.com/security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center o...

Adress list drop down button crashes Outlook 2003
Hello! I got a probem with my Outlook 2003: When I press the button "New Mail" then push "To:" the address book with my contacts open. There is a drop down button on the upper right which should show the list of address books and contact folders. As soon I push this button, the drop down list doesn't open, Outlook reports a "serious error" and crashes - it can only be terminated by the task manager. First I tried to delete to Outlook Address Book in "Control Panel - Mail" because I thought this was corrupt. Deleted it and created a new one. T...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

SP4 Issue with SLB and Refresh lists
After applying SP4, not one of my smart lists that are based on SQL views will work. All the lists worked prior to the patch. I ran a refesh cache and refresh lists on the lists to see if that would fix it. Refresh lists gives me the following error when it hits a smartlist based on an SQL view: SQL Error: 105 [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Unclosed quotation mark after the character string MYVIEW If I go into SLB, the lists do not have any columns specified. When I add the columns and then save the list, it works until another refresh list is ran, at which point they giv...

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Catalog Items Listed
Short of coming up with a better idea while creating a library of articles, my intention is to first generate a list of all the services that could be involved (50 to 60) in an array, all of the 16 departments in an other and the six or seven teams in an other. Creating my articles catalogue (containing a slew of detail columns), on every record, I need to list, for example, in a cell, all the services involved (using the standard predefined names), in an other, all the departments and finally all the teams in an other. As a result, I could query (filter) and list all the articles involv...

Picking Information from a list
I have a list and want to pick out certain items. The list is a list of players and the team that they play for. I want to automatically pull them out into their own list so as to identify all players from a club. I have spent quite a while trying to do this and have now turned to you. Any help greatly appreciated. -- eddie84 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eddie84's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14942 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265732 If you have a column fo...