Money 2006 date format

Hi,

I have bank accounts in the UK and in the US, and am trying to set up
Money 2006 Deluxe to allow importing of statements from both countries.

The UK banks use dd/mm/yyyy date format in their OFX files.  The US
banks use mm/dd/yyyy.  Money seems only to handle one format - the one
that the PC is set to use.  As my PC is set to use US date format, the
statement from my UK bank gets entered incorrectly (day and month get
transversed).

Ideally there should be a setting for each account to specify the date
format that the bank uses, but according to Microsoft support there is
not.

Does anyone know of a way to correct this behaviour?

Many thanks!

Tim

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"Tim" <timothy_s_moore@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have bank accounts in the UK and in the US, and am trying to set up
> Money 2006 Deluxe to allow importing of statements from both countries.
>
> The UK banks use dd/mm/yyyy date format in their OFX files.  The US
> banks use mm/dd/yyyy.  Money seems only to handle one format - the one
> that the PC is set to use.  As my PC is set to use US date format, the
> statement from my UK bank gets entered incorrectly (day and month get
> transversed).
>
> Ideally there should be a setting for each account to specify the date
> format that the bank uses, but according to Microsoft support there is
> not.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to correct this behaviour?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Tim

Open the OFX file in not pad, change the dates to mm/dd/yyyy format, save
the file then import it.

0
Shadowz (42)
9/9/2005 8:11:23 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Tim wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have bank accounts in the UK and in the US, and am trying to set up
>Money 2006 Deluxe to allow importing of statements from both countries.
>
>The UK banks use dd/mm/yyyy date format in their OFX files.

You are probably thinking of QIF files. All OFX files use yyyyMMdd.
At least they all start that way. They can be yyyyMMddhhmmss and
then some. the part after dd is optional.

> The US
>banks use mm/dd/yyyy.  Money seems only to handle one format - the one
>that the PC is set to use.  As my PC is set to use US date format, the
>statement from my UK bank gets entered incorrectly (day and month get
>transversed).
>
>Ideally there should be a setting for each account to specify the date
>format that the bank uses, but according to Microsoft support there is
>not.
>
>Does anyone know of a way to correct this behaviour?

Assuming QIF, your choices are to change date format when you
process each, or to use a program to manipulate one of them.

>Many thanks!
>
>Tim
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Two computers, one Money file.

Conditional formatting-Date range
I am creating a spreadsheet which is a checklist for a shipping processs. At the top I key in customer name and date the shipping process starts- let say Feb/15/2010. I require a number of documents that prompt other portions of the process. Therefore I need an indicator if I do not receive these within 7 days of the start date ie: Column 1 Column 2 Date received Date verified If column 1 remains blank (no date entered) and is past the start date by 7 days I would like it to turn red. NEXT if there is a date entered in that cell I need an additional c...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

date at chart
I am using MS EXCEL 2003. I want to add date dynamicly (only MONTH)to a chart. How can i do this? -- external ------------------------------------------------------------------------ external's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36592 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=563748 In article <external.2bawah_1153494309.1666@excelforum-nospam.com>, external.2bawah_1153494309.1666@excelforum-nospam.com says... > > I am using MS EXCEL 2003. > I want to add date dynamicly (only MONTH)to a chart. > How ca...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

Address book in public folder is formatted as a message
Hi I just installed a new copy of exchange 2003. Now my addres book in the public folder is formatted as message. I created a template with the view I want i.e. card with details for the addresses, but it does not allow me the flexiblity I have when it was a card view. Another problem is that no aone in the company is able to add, or change any address. What am I doing wrong? phunterqa@yahoo.com ...

Default date formats
In Excel 2002, dates entered in a worksheet as "dd/mm" default to a custom format of "d-mmm". For example, 4/26 shows as 26-Apr in the worksheet cell even though it is shown as 4/26/2005 in the Formula Bar. I want them to default to "mm/dd/yyyy". In the Regional settings, the default short date format is shown as "dd/mm/yyyy". Any ideas? J Fultz wrote: > In Excel 2002, dates entered in a worksheet as "dd/mm" default to a custom > format of "d-mmm". For example, 4/26 shows as 26-Apr in the worksheet cell > even tho...

HELP
we have page overflow and date format issues with excel macro. this macro generates about 20 pages of charts... 18 of 20 are printing on two pages when we run on xl2002 sp-2, same reports are on one per page in xl97 and xl2000. any suggestions as to a fix would be greatly appreciated. thanks, bluec ...

money 2005 #11

Adding Date and Time?
hello all, I need to calculate a specific value everyday at specific hour and I don't know how to concatenate the time to the TODAY() function. example: I added in A1 the TODAY() function so that gives me 8/10/2006 and I have in B1 cell 5:00 AM, anbd in B2: 8:00 AM, and B3: 13:00,..etc I need only one cell that combines these two cells A1, B1 so I can go ahead and do the same for A1, B2 and A1, B3,..etc does anyone one know how? thanks You can add dates and times together, like: =A$1+B1 and format the cell as Custom and choose a format from the scrollable list. This assumes that ...

Percent Format: Allow user to type Percent, not decimal?
Seems like when a field's underlying value is a decimal amount, but the presentation format on a field in a form is "Percent", the user still has to type the decimal equivalent of the percent when editing the field. e.g. CouponRate=.05437 is shown as "5.437%", but when the user clicks into the field to type something, they have to type, for instance, ". 04798" to get 4.798 percent to show. Seems logical from one perspective, but my users don't care for it. I can think of one way to handle this, using event code, but I'm wondering if there is a Good-...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for 5/9/2006
Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing May 9, 2006 Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: www.microsoft.com/technet/security and www.microsoft.com/security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center o...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports Querying of OpenDocument Format
[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports MySQL; adds Extended File- Type Support & Output Enhancements. [Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml, DataDirect Technologies has released an updated version of DataDirect XQuery, an easily embeddable, Java-based implementation of the XQuery 1.0 and the XQuery API for Java standards. Here are some of the highlights of the new release: * Extended file type support and output enhancements, DataDirect XQuery version 3.1 further simplifies the performance of combining and processing heterogeneous data sources. The product now supports the abil...

How do you keep Excel currency formatting during a mail merge?
I would like to be able to enter currency in Excel as a simple number (ex: 2000) and, when I merge the database to my MSWord Document using Mail Merge, I would like the number to show up formatted as currency (ex: $2,000.00). How do I do that? Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://hom...

Problems with Money 2005

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Dispaying the Day in the Date
I can display the date as 30th March 2007 is there a way to display the day as well Friday 30th March 2006 Thanks To display a day... =Format([YourDateFieldNameHere],"dddd") -- Rick B "Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message news:1175285103.670939.291200@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I can display the date as 30th March 2007 is there a way to display > the day as well Friday 30th March 2006 > > > Thanks > Simon Have you looked at the Long Date format in your table/field definition? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Acc...

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2