Money 2005 No Longer Communcates with Bank or MSN

I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it should until
last Saturday. Now, when I clicked on the little update button, it does its
thing and then gives errors that it couldn't communicate with the bank and
couldn't sync with MSN Money. These both worked flawlessly all along until
now. I haven't changed anything and I bank with Bank of America - Formerly
Fleet. Anyone know what gives?
0
Seguin (2)
10/28/2004 2:29:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, "Pat Seguin" <Pat
Seguin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it should until
>last Saturday. Now, when I clicked on the little update button, it does its
>thing and then gives errors that it couldn't communicate with the bank and
>couldn't sync with MSN Money. These both worked flawlessly all along until
>now. I haven't changed anything and I bank with Bank of America - Formerly
>Fleet. Anyone know what gives?

Could it be your firewall? I don't know how to operate your
firewall.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
10/28/2004 3:36:27 PM
Same EXACT thing happened to me.  Had to stop msn billpay - delete and
re-add the bank accounts - and everything worked OK.  However everything
that got downloaded was messed up (and much uncategorized) and then when I
reassociated billpay (merged account) it messed everything up again to the
point I started at.

To top it off I had to figure out how to get anywhere by myself, the support
guy insisted on closing the case - first he wanted to close it as resolved,
I declined, then he wanted to close it as unresolved.  Declined there too.
So he said he would leave it open and close it in two days unless he hears
from me.  Tough to hear from me when he hung up without giving me his
contact info....

Ken

> In microsoft.public.money, "Pat Seguin" <Pat
> Seguin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it should
until
> >last Saturday. Now, when I clicked on the little update button, it does
its
> >thing and then gives errors that it couldn't communicate with the bank
and
> >couldn't sync with MSN Money. These both worked flawlessly all along
until
> >now. I haven't changed anything and I bank with Bank of America -
Formerly
> >Fleet. Anyone know what gives?
>
> Could it be your firewall? I don't know how to operate your
> firewall.

0
ksesasms (2)
10/28/2004 7:59:32 PM
Update the issue on the web.

Joe Guidera
jguidera@msn.com.remove

"Ken" <ksesasms@xelagem.com> wrote in message
> Same EXACT thing happened to me.  Had to stop msn billpay - delete and
> re-add the bank accounts - and everything worked OK.  However everything
> that got downloaded was messed up (and much uncategorized) and then when I
> reassociated billpay (merged account) it messed everything up again to the
> point I started at.
>
> To top it off I had to figure out how to get anywhere by myself, the
> support
> guy insisted on closing the case - first he wanted to close it as
> resolved,
> I declined, then he wanted to close it as unresolved.  Declined there too.
> So he said he would leave it open and close it in two days unless he hears
> from me.  Tough to hear from me when he hung up without giving me his
> contact info....
>
> Ken
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, "Pat Seguin" <Pat
>> Seguin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it should
> until
>> >last Saturday. Now, when I clicked on the little update button, it does
> its
>> >thing and then gives errors that it couldn't communicate with the bank
> and
>> >couldn't sync with MSN Money. These both worked flawlessly all along
> until
>> >now. I haven't changed anything and I bank with Bank of America -
> Formerly
>> >Fleet. Anyone know what gives?
>>
>> Could it be your firewall? I don't know how to operate your
>> firewall.

0
jguidera (124)

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

Banking
Using CRM, how do we import real time banking information to update balance. Simular to Quicken and MS Money Do you know of any modules to perform this task? what information ar you looking to import and where are you looking to store it in CRM? "Hal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D753280-0C3A-4F8C-A36F-23F3F17236E5@microsoft.com... > Using CRM, how do we import real time banking information to update balance. > Simular to Quicken and MS Money > Do you know of any modules to perform this task? Hal, What exactly do you want to impor...

Spell Check states no longer offered for this language. Does anyone know how I can get spell check?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CB285B.1005C660 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0046_01CB285B.1005C660" ------=_NextPart_001_0046_01CB285B.1005C660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ------=_NextPart_001_0046_01CB285B.1005C660 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>...

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

MSN Bill Pay #7
Are there additional fees for using MSN Bill Pay with Deluxe 2006? I thought a user got 2 years of Bill Pay with Deluxe 2006, but I want to be sure. Thanks in advance for your time. ...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Nothing about Dynamics GP 10.0 Upgrade SQL Server 2005 to 2008?
Good evening. We previously received a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 standard installation disk from Microsoft and that is it. I can not find any clear instructions on how to take upgrade a GP 10.0 running on Win Svr 2003 with SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008. Any thoughts? Is it just back up your data, stick the disk in and follow the prompts? It can not be that easy. :-) -- Thanks, KevB KevB, My 2 cents would be to not upgrade an existing SQL Server instance. Instead I would install a new instance of SQL Server 2008 and follow the instructions in this KB article: https://mbs...

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Online Banking Setup and SNRTINET.INI
As I have read in so many posts, I am experiencing the same problem with SMRTINET.INI on Money Updates with Money 2004 Deluxe. I also appear to be unable to set up new online banking services for accounts that I set up at new banks. Is it possible that these two are interelated? When I attempt to set up the banking services, I receive a dialog stating a required call could not be completed. All other updates/internet connectivity is working without a problem. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Dave Brand wrote: >As I have read in so many posts, I am experiencing the same problem >...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...