Money 2005 Internet Connection

I recently purchased a new computer with Money 2005 preinstalled. I uploaed
my old Money 2000 file fine but the converted file will not connect to the
internet through Money and I cannot update quotes,etc. on line. Anyone else
have this problem? Suggestions.
0
Pags (6)
10/29/2005 2:39:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Pags wrote:

>I recently purchased a new computer with Money 2005 preinstalled. I uploaed
>my old Money 2000 file fine but the converted file will not connect to the
>internet through Money and I cannot update quotes,etc. on line. Anyone else
>have this problem? Suggestions.

Let Money 2005 create a new Money file (File->New->NewFile),
clicking Decline in the process.  It will do an update.  Close
Money.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...  says you then
have version 14.0.*.1105.

The point is, that you want to already have the update (.1105) on
Money before doing the conversion. So reconvert:

Find the *.mn8 backup that Money created when it converted your
Money 2005, and copy it to something like Pags05.mny . Then
File->Open your Pags05.mny file.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/29/2005 4:19:50 AM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Pags wrote:
>
> >I recently purchased a new computer with Money 2005 preinstalled. I uploaed
> >my old Money 2000 file fine but the converted file will not connect to the
> >internet through Money and I cannot update quotes,etc. on line. Anyone else
> >have this problem? Suggestions.
>
> Let Money 2005 create a new Money file (File->New->NewFile),
> clicking Decline in the process.  It will do an update.  Close
> Money.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...  says you then
> have version 14.0.*.1105.
>
> The point is, that you want to already have the update (.1105) on
> Money before doing the conversion. So reconvert:
>
> Find the *.mn8 backup that Money created when it converted your
> Money 2005, and copy it to something like Pags05.mny . Then
> File->Open your Pags05.mny file.
>
> Thanks Cal. I folowed the direction above but I still cannot get into hte net through Money. The version of Money that I am using is 14.0.50.724. Any other advice?

Pags
0
Pags (6)
10/30/2005 12:35:02 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Pags wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Pags wrote:
>>
>> >I recently purchased a new computer with Money 2005 preinstalled. I uploaed
>> >my old Money 2000 file fine but the converted file will not connect to the
>> >internet through Money and I cannot update quotes,etc. on line. Anyone else
>> >have this problem? Suggestions.
>>
>> Let Money 2005 create a new Money file (File->New->NewFile),
>> clicking Decline in the process.  It will do an update.  Close
>> Money.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...  says you then
>> have version 14.0.*.1105.
>>
>> The point is, that you want to already have the update (.1105) on
>> Money before doing the conversion. So reconvert:
>>
>> Find the *.mn8 backup that Money created when it converted your
>> Money 2005, and copy it to something like Pags05.mny . Then
>> File->Open your Pags05.mny file.
>>

> Thanks Cal. I folowed the direction above but I still cannot get into hte net through Money. The version of Money that I am using is 14.0.50.724. Any other advice?

OK. That needs an update. But wait. Isn't your version 14.0.80.724?
I don't think there is a 14.0.50.724 version

Let Money 2005 create a new Money file, clicking Decline in the
process.  It will do an update.  Close Money.  Then open Money and
check that Help->About...  says you then have version 14.0.80.1105,
or shall we say 14.0.*.1105.

Then go ahead with that copying of the *.mn8 backup, and reconvert.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/30/2005 4:33:43 AM
Cal,

Thanks again for responding. First I confirmed the version of Money. It is
14.0.50.724. It will probalby expire in 90 days. (now probably 70) as it is
only a temporary susbscription that is with the new computer.

When I create the new file it will not let me into the internet to do an
update. When I get to "getting your institutiuon" it tells me "the list is
temporarily unavailable. I tried it on 3 different occasion on two days.

Even with only a 90 day subscription it should let me into the net. I am
connecting now through a cable modem that goes through a Hawking wirless
router (also new).

Anything else you can suggest?

Pags

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Pags wrote:

> >> Let Money 2005 create a new Money file (File->New->NewFile),
> >> clicking Decline in the process.  It will do an update.  Close
> >> Money.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...  says you then
> >> have version 14.0.*.1105.
> >>
> >> The point is, that you want to already have the update (.1105) on
> >> Money before doing the conversion. So reconvert:
> >>
> >> Find the *.mn8 backup that Money created when it converted your
> >> Money 2005, and copy it to something like Pags05.mny . Then
> >> File->Open your Pags05.mny file.
> >>

> > Thanks Cal. I folowed the direction above but I still cannot get into hte net through Money. The version of Money that I am using is 14.0.50.724. Any other advice?
>

> OK. That needs an update. But wait. Isn't your version 14.0.80.724?
> I don't think there is a 14.0.50.724 version
>
> Let Money 2005 create a new Money file, clicking Decline in the
> process.  It will do an update.  Close Money.  Then open Money and
> check that Help->About...  says you then have version 14.0.80.1105,
> or shall we say 14.0.*.1105.
>
> Then go ahead with that copying of the *.mn8 backup, and reconvert.

0
Pags (6)
10/30/2005 3:45:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Pags wrote:

>Thanks again for responding. First I confirmed the version of Money. It is
>14.0.50.724. It will probalby expire in 90 days. (now probably 70) as it is
>only a temporary susbscription that is with the new computer.

14.0.50.* is a version I am not aware of.

In general, 14.0.*.724 needs to update to 14.0.*.1105 to work right.
If this came with a new computer, I would ask customer service of
your computer maker. For OEM versions of Money, it is the computer
maker/seller who does the support.

>When I create the new file it will not let me into the internet to do an
>update. When I get to "getting your institutiuon" it tells me "the list is
>temporarily unavailable. I tried it on 3 different occasion on two days.
>
>Even with only a 90 day subscription it should let me into the net. I am
>connecting now through a cable modem that goes through a Hawking wirless
>router (also new).
>
>Anything else you can suggest?

If you are in the US, I suggest you try the Microsoft Money Deluxe
2006 trial. It is good for 90 days, but be aware that Money is never
backwards-compatible. An earlier version cannot make sense of a
Money file from a later version.

If you have your CD from Money 2000, you can install it on your new
replacement computer. You will need to both install it and run it
from an administrative account, but that does bother most people.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/30/2005 4:21:25 PM
Thans again Cal. I did try HP support -- my manufacturer -- and after several
calls with on line support the tech center tecnician(s) sent me to Microsoft.
MS wants to charge me for the help. Basically, HP wanted me to reload the
Explorer and Money. They really were no help. I guess I will try the place I
bought it from as they have some support as well. if they cannot help then I
will try Money 06 for 90 days assuming I can use the 2000 file and it will up
convert. Can you confirm that my old file will work with the 06 version?

I do have the Money 2000 CD but like some of the new features in this latest
version even thought I cannot connect.

Pags

This is what I get with preloaded software.

Pags

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Pags wrote:
>
> >Thanks again for responding. First I confirmed the version of Money. It is
> >14.0.50.724. It will probalby expire in 90 days. (now probably 70) as it is
> >only a temporary susbscription that is with the new computer.
>
> 14.0.50.* is a version I am not aware of.
>
> In general, 14.0.*.724 needs to update to 14.0.*.1105 to work right.
> If this came with a new computer, I would ask customer service of
> your computer maker. For OEM versions of Money, it is the computer
> maker/seller who does the support.
>

> >When I create the new file it will not let me into the internet to do an
> >update. When I get to "getting your institutiuon" it tells me "the list is
> >temporarily unavailable. I tried it on 3 different occasion on two days.
> >
> >Even with only a 90 day subscription it should let me into the net. I am
> >connecting now through a cable modem that goes through a Hawking wirless
> >router (also new).
> >
> >Anything else you can suggest?
>
> If you are in the US, I suggest you try the Microsoft Money Deluxe
> 2006 trial. It is good for 90 days, but be aware that Money is never
> backwards-compatible. An earlier version cannot make sense of a
> Money file from a later version.
>
> If you have your CD from Money 2000, you can install it on your new
> replacement computer. You will need to both install it and run it
> from an administrative account, but that does bother most people.

0
Pags (6)
10/30/2005 8:06:01 PM
"Pags" <Pags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ...Can you confirm that my old file will work with the 06 version?
>
> I do have the Money 2000 CD but like some of the new features in this
> latest
> version even thought I cannot connect.

Money 2006 will copy and convert your Money 2000 data file. I suggest that
you simply purchase a copy of 2006 at Sam's or a similar discount location.
It's relatively inexpensive. Many users have problems with downloaded
versions. It's often recommended here to avoid download as a source of
program. Besides that, it's more expensive.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/30/2005 10:09:16 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the advice. That will be my next step. I just hope I do not have
to deal with India if I have another problem with my HP or any of its
preloaded software.

Pags

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "Pags" <Pags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ...Can you confirm that my old file will work with the 06 version?
> >
> > I do have the Money 2000 CD but like some of the new features in this
> > latest
> > version even thought I cannot connect.
>
> Money 2006 will copy and convert your Money 2000 data file. I suggest that
> you simply purchase a copy of 2006 at Sam's or a similar discount location.
> It's relatively inexpensive. Many users have problems with downloaded
> versions. It's often recommended here to avoid download as a source of
> program. Besides that, it's more expensive.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
Pags (6)
10/31/2005 1:03:02 AM
> Thanks for the advice. That will be my next step. I just hope I do not
> have
> to deal with India if I have another problem with my HP or any of its
> preloaded software.

Purchasing a retail copy gets you free support from Microsoft, which I find
satisfactory where problems are resolvable. Some problems are related to bad
code and have been there for years. Those can't be resolved by technical
support, regardless of the source or quality. Some can be worked around, to
varying degrees of satisfaction.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
NoSpam1246 (979)

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Outlook connecter to hotmail features?
I am using outlook connecter but the synchronising is painfully slow, sometimes it takes hours to download onto the outlook, can anything be done to speed this up and improve syncing? Also when i open e-mails in the outlook and sometimes delete e-mails they are not shown as deleted in the hotmail, again is there something that can be done for this? ANother question is with outlook can you set it so the outlook application starts immediately on the start-up of your computer? My final question is does using outlook connecter limit certain features that outlook offers, i am in th...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Cannot Watch Internet TV Using Media Center
I would like to watch Internet tv in Windows Media Center but whenever I attempt it I get a notice "Sorry Internet TV is not Available in Canada." I live in New York State. My computer clock is set for EST time. I have no idea why the media center thinks I am in Canada. My OS is Vista, SP2. Thank you. Check the followings:- 1]Time zone 2]Regional and Language Options control panel 3]Language set into the Internet Languages option 4]If the above are OK then rerun the Media Center Setup using proper US Zip Code. regards, S.Sengupta[MS-MVP] "Nissi...

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

disallowing specific users to send email to the internet
Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 to restrict specific users from sending emails to the internet? We have a couple users that are sending too many personal emails out and we would like to block them. Thanks Add them to the delivery restrictions box on the IMS. On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:01:55 -0700, "Jason Gallas" <jgallas@usa.nospam.net> wrote: >Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 to restrict specific users from sending >emails to the internet? We have a couple users that are sending too many >personal emails out and we would like to block them. > >Thanks >...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Problem with some mailbox recieving e-mail from Internet.
Hi I'm still running exchange 5.5 sp4 and windows 2000 sp4. (I'm planning to migrate this year) This is my problem: Some mailboxes are not able to recieve e-mail from Internet, it is happened with a specific Internet domain. I'm totally confused because the same e-mail is recieved by others mailboxes. I went to KB and found nothing, check for the message tracking log, there I can see the e-mail addres of the sender, so it is logged but I find no way to understand what's going on. Any help will be very appreciated. Thank You. On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 05:13:12 -0400, "...

Monitor inactive connections
We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great Plains. They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night, etc. Is there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and logs them off or terminates them after a period of inactivity? Thanks, Reid This would be a great feature. This is a battle i constantly fight to get people to log out when they leave. Robert "Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message news:eG8XnYxjGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Gre...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Connection error?
I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks. This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windo...

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Nothing about Dynamics GP 10.0 Upgrade SQL Server 2005 to 2008?
Good evening. We previously received a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 standard installation disk from Microsoft and that is it. I can not find any clear instructions on how to take upgrade a GP 10.0 running on Win Svr 2003 with SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008. Any thoughts? Is it just back up your data, stick the disk in and follow the prompts? It can not be that easy. :-) -- Thanks, KevB KevB, My 2 cents would be to not upgrade an existing SQL Server instance. Instead I would install a new instance of SQL Server 2008 and follow the instructions in this KB article: https://mbs...