Money 2005 Deluxe account balance error/hidden transactions

To all,

As others who have posted before me, I have discovered an error in the
home page balance of my AMEX account and the register balance.  The
transaction report showed 4 hidden transactions in 2006 (I haven't
archived '06 yet), all which were originally scheduled bill payments,
but did not allow me to edit/void them (amounts "grayed out.")  I ran
multiple salvage/repair file actions, and the hidden transactions have
in fact disappeared.  BUT, my home page balance and the register
balance still show the discrepancy.  This same discrepancy shows when
I adjust my view in the register to "unreconciled transactions."

Since I don't have the hidden transactions appearing on the "Account
Transaction" report, how can I get the balances to agree?

Regards,
Pamela

0
pamela1 (9)
2/15/2007 2:38:15 AM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, psoberg wrote:

>As others who have posted before me, I have discovered an error in the
>home page balance of my AMEX account and the register balance.  The
>transaction report showed 4 hidden transactions in 2006 (I haven't
>archived '06 yet), all which were originally scheduled bill payments,
>but did not allow me to edit/void them (amounts "grayed out.")  I ran
>multiple salvage/repair file actions, and the hidden transactions have
>in fact disappeared.  BUT, my home page balance and the register
>balance still show the discrepancy.  This same discrepancy shows when
>I adjust my view in the register to "unreconciled transactions."
>
>Since I don't have the hidden transactions appearing on the "Account
>Transaction" report, how can I get the balances to agree?

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838713&Product=mny

If the Money 2004 register gives different balance when
the view is changed to show only unreconciled transactions or
in some other way, then expect to make it to method 3.

You could shortcut step 3-5 by only deleting transactions in the
copy that correspond to the hidden transactions, and then deleting
all but the four corresponding records in the QIF file before
importing.

Keep an extra copy/backup in case you want to undo something.
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
2/15/2007 2:46:35 AM
Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838713&Product=mny
>
> If the Money 2004 register gives different balance when the view is changed to show only unreconciled transactions or in some other way, then expect to make it to method 3.

Thanks for replying.  Okay, followed the steps and found the 4 hidden
transactions in the QIF file.  Also found the erroneous balance in
that file; deleted that transaction.  Imported file, had numerous
minor "not .qif file" type warnings, but continued on.  I deleted the
4 "visible" transactions in the main money file, but the account
balance still shows the erroneous amount.

I retraced my steps, importing the .qif file again and noticed
something strange.  The Adj. Balance amount "increased" when I added
in the 4 transactions by the ~$1550 error.  After deleting the
transactions again, my balance reduced to the prior wrong amount.

> You could shortcut step 3-5 by only deleting transactions in the copy that correspond to the hidden transactions, and then deleting all but the four corresponding records in the QIF file before > importing.

I deleted everything, all 14 months worth of transactions.

> Keep an extra copy/backup in case you want to undo something.

Have multiple backups and not overwriting anything.

Should I have set the account balance in the .QIF file to something
different, besides deleting the entry?  What else can I do?

Regards,
Pamela

0
pamela1 (9)
2/15/2007 3:37:26 AM
In microsoft.public.money, psoberg wrote:

>Should I have set the account balance in the .QIF file to something
>different, besides deleting the entry?  What else can I do?

You can delete that initial balance record.

You probably deleted something wrong if you got an error on import
of the QIF file.

You can change the initial balance in the account settings. If you
have all transactions, then the initial balance would be zero.

The first line in the file should be
!Type:xxxx

where xxxx represents the account type.

each record should start with a "D" (date) line,
and end with a line having only "^" on it.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
2/15/2007 3:52:35 AM
On Feb 14, 9:52 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, psoberg wrote:
>
> >Should I have set the account balance in the .QIF file to something
> >different, besides deleting the entry?  What else can I do?
>
> You can delete that initial balance record.

Okay, here is the balance record - which lines do I delete?

!Type:CCard
D4/24'2006
T-6,098.84
CX
POpening Balance
L[American Express - 27th]
^

> You probably deleted something wrong if you got an error on import
> of the QIF file.
>
> You can change the initial balance in the account settings. If you
> have all transactions, then the initial balance would be zero.

No, I don't think changing account settings will work.  I have only
2006 - 2007 transactions in there, with a prior balance from the
archived data.

> The first line in the file should be
> !Type:xxxx
>
> where xxxx represents the account type.
>
> each record should start with a "D" (date) line,
> and end with a line having only "^" on it.

I'll await your response on the balance data before I do anything
more.

Thanks for helping me, Cal.

Regards,
Pamela

0
pamela1 (9)
2/15/2007 4:15:33 AM
In microsoft.public.money, psoberg wrote:

>On Feb 14, 9:52 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
>wrote:
>> In microsoft.public.money, psoberg wrote:
>>
>> >Should I have set the account balance in the .QIF file to something
>> >different, besides deleting the entry?  What else can I do?
>>
>> You can delete that initial balance record.
>
>Okay, here is the balance record - which lines do I delete?
>
>!Type:CCard
>D4/24'2006
>T-6,098.84
>CX
>POpening Balance
>L[American Express - 27th]
>^

Of that, delete everything except the "!Type:CCard" line.

So you will have the four records, but you don't need the opening
balance record.

>> You probably deleted something wrong if you got an error on import
>> of the QIF file.
>>
>> You can change the initial balance in the account settings. If you
>> have all transactions, then the initial balance would be zero.
>
>No, I don't think changing account settings will work.  I have only
>2006 - 2007 transactions in there, with a prior balance from the
>archived data.
>
>> The first line in the file should be
>> !Type:xxxx
>>
>> where xxxx represents the account type.
>>
>> each record should start with a "D" (date) line,
>> and end with a line having only "^" on it.
>
>I'll await your response on the balance data before I do anything
>more.
>
>Thanks for helping me, Cal.
>
>Regards,
>Pamela
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
2/15/2007 5:02:49 AM
On Feb 14, 11:02 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:

> >Okay, here is the balance record - which lines do I delete?
>
> >!Type:CCard
> >D4/24'2006
> >T-6,098.84
> >CX
> >POpening Balance
> >L[American Express - 27th]
> >^
>
> Of that, delete everything except the "!Type:CCard" line.
>
> So you will have the four records, but you don't need the opening
> balance record.
>
> >> You probably deleted something wrong if you got an error on import
> >> of the QIF file.

Cal, you are a genius!!  I deleted the lines you indicated, imported
and had no error notices, and the adjusted balance is now accurate.
Thank you ever so much for assisting me in this matter.

PS - how can I get this entire thread emailed to me?

Regards,
Pamela

0
pamela1 (9)
2/15/2007 2:56:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, psoberg wrote:

>n Feb 14, 11:02 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
>wrote:
>
>> >Okay, here is the balance record - which lines do I delete?
>>
>> >!Type:CCard
>> >D4/24'2006
>> >T-6,098.84
>> >CX
>> >POpening Balance
>> >L[American Express - 27th]
>> >^
>>
>> Of that, delete everything except the "!Type:CCard" line.
>>
>> So you will have the four records, but you don't need the opening
>> balance record.

>Cal, you are a genius!!  I deleted the lines you indicated, imported
>and had no error notices, and the adjusted balance is now accurate.

Great!

>Thank you ever so much for assisting me in this matter.
>
>PS - how can I get this entire thread emailed to me?

You can view the thread at
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/4e8300605846e51f/e1d02f9eeb6de5fb

0
via_newsgroup (13115)

Email to all contacts in an account
Hello, I have CRM 4.0 and i was trying to send an email to an account with related contacts. the email was deliverd to the account email but not to the related contacts. i couldnt find a way to do it. Is there any way for the email to be sentl automatically to the contacts related to an account when sending an email to the account? any help would be highly appreciated. regards ...

Two computers, one Money file.

error in public folder
I get this error, when i try to save a new address in a eksisting distributions list. Your changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the deault folder for the item? I have owners rights in the folder. It's a exchange 5.5 with SP4, and the client i use is outlook2000 SP3. Erik Drachmann ...

How to Hide inactive accounts
I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts. I'd especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks, Bill In microsoft.public.money, Bill Howell wrote: >I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts. I'd >especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either. Anybody know >how to do this? In the Account List, right-click and select account is closed. I don't know how that affects Pocket PC. Thanks Cal, I'll let you know tomorrow whether that affects the PPC syn...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

SMTP errors #2
We just recently migrated from 5.5 to 2003, a few users are occasionally receiving this error when sending messages out and I'm not sure what to do about it: Any idea what would be the problem? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: jwinston@scadirect.com on 11/03/2004 12:49 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ExchNY.nycpdc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <jwinston@scadirect.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [209.73.208.162]> -- Thanks The recei...

Reassigning accounts changes owenr on ALL objects....
We had a sales guy leave so I reassigned his accounts to various other reps....worked great EXCEPT it reassigned all objects related to that Account....even the completed ones. Where it screws me up the most is on orders already created and the reportinig that I have created....it moves those historical orders to new rep. reports have to be based on order owner vs created by because we have admins that do some order entry. Is there any way to reassign account and NOT have it change the owner on any activity/order/etc that has been completed or is in the past?????? maybe an append query at th...

Multi-currency Detail Trial Balance
We use GP8, use the Detailed Trial Balance (Multi-currency), & have locations in US, Canada, and Europe. How do you show beginning & ending balance on the Multi-currency Detailed Trial Balance in European, Canadian, & US currencies? ...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

Account View Is Strange
I just added a US Bank Credit Card account to my Money 2007 file and the Account Register looks much different than all of my other accounts and I do not see a transfer option to transfer from one card to another. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Bgreer5050 wrote: >I just added a US Bank Credit Card account to my Money 2007 file and the >Account Register looks much different than all of my other accounts and I >do not see a transfer option to transfer from one card to another. > >Any ideas? I suggest you set Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)-&...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Advance Filter Error Message?
Excel 2000 ... I have 1 single stand-alone Column (Q) where I am trying to get unique records ... Issue is ... I keep getting the following error message pop-up. "Extract File Name missing or invalid" I do not recall ever getting this error message before & have no clue what it means or why the data or structure is causing this? I have nothing extraordinary here ... Any ideas? ... Thanks ... Kha I haven't seen that error message either. One thought.. Excel assigns the name "Extract" to the range that the unique list is created in. You might look at it in ...

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Trying to change the picture name in VBA is giving me permission error
I have something like this Sheet1.Shapes(i).Name = "picture" + cstr(i) But it gives me an permission error (70) Anyway around this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com That should work unless that name already belongs to another shape. I get a permission denied error too in that case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Migrating Accounts #2
Hi all, I have same error Luis Murguia exposed in the group on 2004-06-02 08:59:04 PST. I want to migrate accounts. Right now I'm testing only with one record. This is the content of cdf_account table: AccountId = 1 TerritoryId = 3 OwningUser = 1 OwningUserName = Administrador Name = 'CTA TEST' IsPrivate = 0 StatusCode = 1 StateCode = 0 The other fields are null The cdf_systemuser table has this: SystemUserId OrganizationId BusinessUnitId DomainName SourceUserName ------------ -------------- -------------- ---------------------- ------------- 1 1 1 ABITSCOL\...

money vs simply accounting

401(k) Accounts
OK...I must admit it: I'm completely baffled by how Money 2004 tracks 401(k) accounts. My setup so far: * I have a 401(k) account set up with a cash (contribution) side and an investment side. * My paycheck deduction goes into the cash (contribution) side. I have this data accumulated for three years now. * I've never put in any investment transactions at all. I've been told I should be paying attention to cost-basis and that I should track share purchases in as much detail as possible. What I fail to comprehend is how money flows from paycheck to cash account to inv...

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2