money 2005 crash after XP SP2

Hi all please help me

I keep getting this send error to Microsoft the second my money file opens. 
The interesting is that a new file can be created and the money software 
won't crash, only with my money file I get this error, I was sure it’s the 
SP2 or Norton 2005 antivirus. i tried disabling while installing (didnt 
worked)

error : 
appName : msmoney.exe AppVer:14.0.0.805 ModName: msofd.dll

I am using money 2005.  I tried your solution but nothing is working. Not 
with the 2004 nor 2005 money file.

please tell me if you got something

Eliran

0
Maximus (4)
11/5/2004 9:49:08 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

2 Replies
250 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

I'm in the same boat as you of 3 days ago (exact same error message)... did 
you ever find anything that worked?  I'm also using Money 2005 but I don't 
think SP2 was the cause of the problem because Money worked fine for several 
weeks after I installed SP2.  I have an older version of Norton Anti-Virus 
but got the same results as you did ... so I don't think that is the problem 
either.  I tried re-installing the program three times but it didn't help.

Since your post is dated 11/5 ... I'm hoping you found something that worked 
by now ... but if not, at least you will know that you're not alone looking 
for an answer. 

"Maximus" wrote:

> Hi all please help me
> 
> I keep getting this send error to Microsoft the second my money file opens. 
> The interesting is that a new file can be created and the money software 
> won't crash, only with my money file I get this error, I was sure it’s the 
> SP2 or Norton 2005 antivirus. i tried disabling while installing (didnt 
> worked)
> 
> error : 
> appName : msmoney.exe AppVer:14.0.0.805 ModName: msofd.dll
> 
> I am using money 2005.  I tried your solution but nothing is working. Not 
> with the 2004 nor 2005 money file.
> 
> please tell me if you got something
> 
> Eliran
> 
0
jelang (1)
11/15/2004 4:27:01 AM
cant find the way to work this error out but i did some research :
i think it's somthing with the installation, i have 3 pc here 1 is new
HP a week old, all have the same DLL error, 2 are xp SP2 and another is
2000 PRO so it's not the SP2 problem for sure. mybe norton or somthing
i cant find it

eliran

jelang wrote:
> I'm in the same boat as you of 3 days ago (exact same error
message)... did
> you ever find anything that worked?  I'm also using Money 2005 but I
don't
> think SP2 was the cause of the problem because Money worked fine for
several
> weeks after I installed SP2.  I have an older version of Norton
Anti-Virus
> but got the same results as you did ... so I don't think that is the
problem
> either.  I tried re-installing the program three times but it didn't
help.
>
> Since your post is dated 11/5 ... I'm hoping you found something that
worked
> by now ... but if not, at least you will know that you're not alone
looking
> for an answer.
>
> "Maximus" wrote:
>
> > Hi all please help me
> >
> > I keep getting this send error to Microsoft the second my money
file opens.
> > The interesting is that a new file can be created and the money
software
> > won't crash, only with my money file I get this error, I was sure
it's the
> > SP2 or Norton 2005 antivirus. i tried disabling while installing
(didnt
> > worked)
> >
> > error :
> > appName : msmoney.exe AppVer:14.0.0.805 ModName: msofd.dll
> >
> > I am using money 2005.  I tried your solution but nothing is
working. Not
> > with the 2004 nor 2005 money file.
> > 
> > please tell me if you got something
> > 
> > Eliran
> >

0
maximus
11/15/2004 9:11:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Excel 2007 crashes on exit
Hi there, On two different machines, both running Vista Business and Office 2007, Excel crashes when exiting if there is a workbook. When first closing all workbooks and exiting, there is no crash. Eventlog shows the following entry: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 19/02/2007 20:48:28 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: HERMES.dataworx.local Description: Faulting application EXCEL.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x45428263, faulting module OLEAUT32.dll, versi...

Microsoft Money 2002
I have recently installed MS Money 2002 on my computer. I am still learning how to use the software. My ? is how do I restart and do another profile. I have completely confused myself and would like to start over but I do not know how. I don't want to create an new file but actually start from scratch. HELP! File|New??? "Jessica" <jessicagoff@knlology> wrote in message news:070601c34046$ce6fd5f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently installed MS Money 2002 on my computer. > I am still learning how to use the software. My ? is how > do I restart and do ...

Revising Money 2003 for better tax results
After doing my taxes (via Taxcut) I realize that I really don't have my accounts set up properly to come up with a good, automatic tax return. How do I best reset Money as of the beginning of this calendar year to do this? Any suggestions--books, manuals, anything? In microsoft.public.money, Les Proctor wrote: >After doing my taxes (via Taxcut) I realize that I really >don't have my accounts set up properly to come up with a >good, automatic tax return. How do I best reset Money as >of the beginning of this calendar year to do this? > >Any suggestions--books,...

Outlook 2003 w sp3 crashes on closes
hello I have outlook 2003 and just about everytime I close it, it crashes. In the past I just ignored it. But now it's getting annoying. here is the event log. I have searched the net with no luck. Any help would be great. ---------------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 10/4/2008 Time: 12:42:59 AM User: N/A Computer: LAPTOP Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, stamp 3e561eac, debug? 0, fau...

spelling outlook windows XP
I want to have spelling available for spanish ,english and portuguese at the same time Even trying to use word , was not posible ...

Microsoft XP vs 2002
I am running Microsoft 2002 and have another person running Microsoft XP. When the other person tries to open an Excel file XP does not recognize the formula with NETWORKDAYS in it. It gives him erros messages with the NAME as the error. Does the XP have to be updated??? Thanks Frank "FrankB" wrote... >I am running Microsoft 2002 and have another person >running Microsoft XP. When the other person tries to open >an Excel file XP does not recognize the formula with >NETWORKDAYS in it. It gives him erros messages with the >NAME as the error. Does the XP h...

user checklist formula needed XP
I have a task list of things that need to be done on RMA's. what I want to do is have a cell where the user inputs a model number or description (perhaps 6 choices), then the cells that don't apply to that part number would display an N/A =IF(SEARCH("SS", C6, 1)>0, "N/A", " ") works only for words containing ss, anything else creates an error. =IF(C6="SS", "N/A", " ") works only if the input is ss Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Well, you could always nest AND statements ... =IF(AND(ISERR(FIND("...

I need to recover my .pub files after re-installing xp...
Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY important files. Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be appreciated, and free options would be really helpful. Spunky1 wrote: > Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way > to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to > re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY > important files. > > Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be > appreciated, and fr...

Not to load Window XP from CD
Purchased one COMPAQ Laptop and get one CD for Windows XP but not to able to load the same due to mismatch of Password in CD. Please confirm the actual procedure for loading the same CD in system Nirmalya wrote: > Purchased one COMPAQ Laptop and get one CD for Windows XP but not to > able to load the same due to mismatch of Password in CD. Please > confirm the actual procedure for loading the same CD in system What exactly do you wish to do? A Clean Install? A Repair Install? Use the Recovery Console (that's the only activity that involves a password)? What lice...

How to force cahced mode with SP2
I can find plenty of material talking about the fact this feature exists but nothing at all to tell me how to enable it. Most of my clients are Outlook 2003 SP2 and I want to force them all to be in cached mode. Another question - I presume older Outlook versions will still be able to connect 'online'? Thanks in advance You can do it via group policy... "Chris Stenson" <nospamchris,stenson@rickerbys.com> wrote in message news:uN6I4td5FHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I can find plenty of material talking about the fact this feature exists but > nothing...

Excel XP: Why do my controls move to left side of sheet when I do.
I have placed controls (text boxes, command buttons, etc.) and set the placement on all of them to Freefloating ("Do Not Move or Resize with Cells"). When I perform a Print (or Print Preview), all the controls are moved to the far left side of the worksheet. This does not happen when I set the placement of the controls to MoveAndResize. This was fixed in the 10/12/2004 Security Update which you should be able to get at Office Update. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Phil Burlison" <Phil Burlison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEAEE1D6-2D6E-41B1-8ED3-C...

Money 2006 thoughts
Hi, I just installed Money 2006 from Price Costco upgrading from 2004 with no apparent problems. Here's some things I noticed: 1) Speed appears to be about the same but it Money 2006 appears to be doing things a little more intelligently. For example, after starting Money 2006, and after welcome screen comes up, one can see processor activity that Money is using. For 2004, I would have to wait until processor activity subsided before using Money or it would take forever for each mouse click. With 2006, apparently I can use Money with no noticeable slowdown. My guess is that b...

What is Money Essentials?
Bought a new laptop the other day and it has Money 2007 Money Essentials on it. What the heck is that? I normally use Money 2006 Standard. Can this Essentials thing do the same stuff or should I uninstall it and put 2006 standard back on? Thanks. What is MEss? A toy Microsoft hopes to use to wean lots of new users from a complex and expensive-to-support product toward something much more like a bank web site. They are, apparently, filling the OEM channels chock full of this thing. The probably license it to the OEMs for a $5 discount on the O/S or something. Can it do the same st...

MS Money 2007 Pop-up problem
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe and I'm thinking it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer. When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and it will load the next page. This will happen for...

Money 2007 Premium Asset Allocation
Hello, Money 2007 has just the basic asset allocation categories. Has anyone found a way to add categories such as International Funds/ Real Estate / Commodity Funds ? It is annoying to have everything bunched under "Other". Thanks in advance. SN On Aug 27, 1:38 pm, desihorn <desih...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Money 2007 has just the basic asset allocation categories. Has anyone found > a way to add categories such as International Funds/ Real Estate / Commodity > Funds ? > > It is annoying to have everything bunched under "...

Cannot Print Portfolio Money Premium 2005
Suject self-explanatory. Print preview is also grayed out. Numerous other little gotchas relative to account balances. How did it get out of the useability lab. Some of it is as nonintuitive as it comes. This thing does not look like it was ready for prime-time on its release date. Had I known it was this bad, I wouldn't have dropped the $79. The old version of Investor at least worked. -- R. Riley ...

SP2 #2
Hello We are running Exchange Server 2003 (SP1) on Windows Server 2003 (SP1). We are interested in applying EXCH SP2, but was owndering if it is necessary to have Windows 2003 SP2 installed first? Also, does anyone have experience applying Exchange server 2003 sp2? Any gotcha's? Thanks, Mark Clark On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:52:04 -0800, "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > > We are running Exchange Server 2003 (SP1) on Windows Server 2003 (SP1). >We are interested in applying EXCH SP2, but was owndering if it is necessary &...

XP to Windows 7
I have a Dell Inspiron 530, Intel dual 2.2 CPU computer running XP/Sp3/IE8 with all updates. It has 3 identical, 320G SATA HDs, all cloned to the same software, and 2 gigs of memory. The three HDs are located in the two internal positions and one external enclosure. I have been given a gift of a legal Windows 7 disk and wish to install W7 on one of the drives. My questions: If I install W7 on one of the HDs, I realize that the XP (and everything else) on that HD is gone and I have no problem with that as I will still have two fully operational XP systems and all my apps on...

xp does not boot after virus cleanup and repair
My xp pro Dell 4550 with a 60 GB IDE hard disk got infected by a virus and would not boot - always got a blue screen during boot. So took out thr hard disk and hooked it up to a laptop using an ide to usb adapter and ran Mcafee virus checker which quarantined quite a few files. I then put thedisk inthre original Dell and tried to repair the installation using a Win XP installation CD. The machine does not boot at all. After POST I get a black screen that remains so for hours. I did a chkdsk /r but that made nodifference. I tried hooking the disk to the laptop again but now it sho...

Outlook XP crashes repeatedly
Have just changed up from O2K to Office XP - CD installation. Everything seems fine EXCEPT Outlook. This crashes and restarts incessently. The error string is always the same... AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2616.0 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.0 Offset: 0000d756 I have tried to do the SP1 upgrade but it fails partway through, says something has previously been patched and then fails and backs out. Any history of this problem and suggested solution? ...

Money 2005 Mileage tracking and assigning it to tax sheets
I'musing the mileage tracking and would ike to assign it to an account on my schedule C. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

Batch conversion of XP files to 97 files
Is anyone aware of a tool to convert multiple Excel XP files into an earlier version? The fileformat for xl97, xl2k, xl2002 and xl2003 are all the same. xl97 should be able to open the file. But if there were features used that were added after xl97, then they wouldn't be available in xl97. (But opening should work fine.) AG wrote: > > Is anyone aware of a tool to convert multiple Excel XP files into an earlier > version? -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave, I must have been suffering from a “senior moment.” I have many macros written in Excel 5 format, so I keep a copy of t...

sql 2005 full-text search error while installing CRM 3.0
While installing Small business CRM 3.0 it checks prerequisites first one is full-text search, second one sql 2005 workgroup edition does not compliant with CRM (SQL 2005 is coming with Windows Small business server 2003 R2). Is there anybody who would have fix this problem before? i have same problems "Pleiades" wrote: > While installing Small business CRM 3.0 it checks prerequisites first > one is full-text search, second one sql 2005 workgroup edition does > not compliant with CRM (SQL 2005 is coming with Windows Small business > server 2003 R2). > > Is the...

big crash!
Hi all, Just had a major crash (mbr, boot.ini, the works) which seems to have started somewhere in the My documents folders. Ran a chkdsk /r and fixmbr which has at least let me recover windows (2000 sp4) and the majority of docs/software. Seem to have lost the outlook express 5 contacts and mail database, tho, any ideas where i'll find them and how to reimport? thanks! Paul --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.593 / Virus Database: 376 - Release Date: 20/02/2004 Search for dbx-files For more assista...

Error with eConnect on SQL 2005
I have a customer where we have just migrated to SQL Server 2005. eConnect 9.0 is now throwing up a weird error message. Eventhough I have done all the required setup for MSDTC, Integrated security, etc. on both the server and the client. The error indicates that a Stored Proc doesn't exist on the database eventhough it definitely does. Any ideas? By the way, can anyone get eConnect 9.0.2.0 to install? I get a Network Error when trying to install it or the runtime version. Here is the message (this message appears for other transcation types also): Unique MessageId = Line Number=...