Money 2005 - Can't merge MSN Bill Pay Account with Checking Account

I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005.  I then turned off MSN Bill Pay
and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web.  After synchronization, my
MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list.  I want to
link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate
Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge.

The help file tells you to follow these exact steps.  Does anybody know a
work-around to get this working?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

0
bmccarty (2)
10/11/2004 1:53:28 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Don't follow the directions given.  Instead, try the following:

Open your 2004 file within Money 2004.
Turn off synchronization
Upgrade to Money 2005
Billpay should now be working and no duplicate account to merge.

If you then want to access your accounts on the web, do not turn off Billpay
as the directions claim.  Follow the below "backdoor" method for
synchronization that I stumbled upon:

1.  Open MSN Moneycentral and load the Portfolio Manager by going
to MSN  Money and selecting Portfolio within the Investing section.

2.  Once the shell of the Porfolio loads, go to the left hand tasks bar at
the bottom and click on "More|File Options|Restore backup".

3.  Select your current Money 2005 data file "xxx.mny" as the source
to restore from.

Apparently, this restore backup option actually invokes a sync with Money.

It's that simple.  No requirement to disable Billpay and you don't end up
with duplicate accounts.

Jeff

"Brian McCarty" <bmccarty@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005.  I then turned off MSN Bill
Pay
> and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web.  After synchronization,
my
> MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list.  I want
> link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge
Duplicate
> Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge.
>
> The help file tells you to follow these exact steps.  Does anybody know a
> work-around to get this working?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Brian

Jeff,

I am trying to follow your directions, but I run into a problem when I
get to #2. I cannot find More/File Options/Restore Backup.

When I go to MSN Central on Explorer, there is no left hand task bar
on the Portfolio Page. When I go to MSN Central from within Money,
there is a More option on the left hand side of the Portfolio page,
but there is not a choice for File Options.

Question 1: Are you in Money or Internet Explorer when you go to MSN
Central?
Question 2: If you are in Money program itself, when you click on
More, is it under the heading OTHER TASKS on the left hand pane?
Question 3: If you are on the web, can you give me a hyperlink to the
exact webpage you are going to?

Lori

"Jeff M" <jamacq-remove@erols.com> wrote in message news:<u97FoezrEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> Don't follow the directions given.  Instead, try the following:
>
> Open your 2004 file within Money 2004.
> Turn off synchronization
> Upgrade to Money 2005
> Billpay should now be working and no duplicate account to merge.
>
> If you then want to access your accounts on the web, do not turn off Billpay
> as the directions claim.  Follow the below "backdoor" method for
> synchronization that I stumbled upon:
>
> 1.  Open MSN Moneycentral and load the Portfolio Manager by going
> to MSN  Money and selecting Portfolio within the Investing section.
>
> 2.  Once the shell of the Porfolio loads, go to the left hand tasks bar at
> the bottom and click on "More|File Options|Restore backup".
>
> 3.  Select your current Money 2005 data file "xxx.mny" as the source
> to restore from.
>
> Apparently, this restore backup option actually invokes a sync with Money.
>
> It's that simple.  No requirement to disable Billpay and you don't end up
> with duplicate accounts.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Brian McCarty" <bmccarty@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005.  I then turned off MSN Bill
>  Pay
> > and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web.  After synchronization,
>  my
> > MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list.  I want
> > link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge
>  Duplicate
> > Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge.
> >
> > The help file tells you to follow these exact steps.  Does anybody know a
> > work-around to get this working?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Brian

0
junkbiz (1)
10/24/2004 3:16:46 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote:

>When I go to MSN Central on Explorer, there is no left hand task bar
>on the Portfolio Page.

There is not? Click "Enlarge/reduce portfolio".

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/24/2004 3:24:04 PM
I cannot see anything on this page that says Enlarge/Reduce Porfolio.

I could send you a screen shot... I don't know if it would post on this forum.

I see two tabs. One says Portfolio and the other News
On the Portfolio Screen there are 5 buttons right below this that say: New
Account, New Transactions, View Options, Refresh page, Trade Now.
Then there are two drop down menus that are named Account: and View:
Then I see my two retirement accounts listed and MSN Stock Lists and this
row go all the way across my screen. Above this and below this are
advertisements only.
On the menu bars there are no Enlarge/Reduce Portfolio options or More
options.

I MUST be on the wrong screen.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote:
>
> >When I go to MSN Central on Explorer, there is no left hand task bar
> >on the Portfolio Page.
>
> There is not? Click "Enlarge/reduce portfolio".

0
lori1 (126)
10/24/2004 3:47:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote:

>I cannot see anything on this page that says Enlarge/Reduce Porfolio.
>
>I could send you a screen shot... I don't know if it would post on this forum.
>
>I see two tabs. One says Portfolio and the other News
>On the Portfolio Screen there are 5 buttons right below this that say: New
>Account, New Transactions, View Options, Refresh page, Trade Now.
>Then there are two drop down menus that are named Account: and View:
>Then I see my two retirement accounts listed and MSN Stock Lists and this
>row go all the way across my screen. Above this and below this are
>advertisements only.
>On the menu bars there are no Enlarge/Reduce Portfolio options or More
>options.
>
>I MUST be on the wrong screen.

Try http://moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/webquote.dll?iPage=pmx

Perhaps you have not installed the Deluxe Portfolio there. I think
that would explain things.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/24/2004 3:55:14 PM
Yes, that was it. I had to upgrade to Deluxe Portfolio.

Now I can see the More/File Options/ Restore Backup.

THANKS!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote:
>
> >I cannot see anything on this page that says Enlarge/Reduce Porfolio.
> >
> >I could send you a screen shot... I don't know if it would post on this forum.
> >
> >I see two tabs. One says Portfolio and the other News
> >On the Portfolio Screen there are 5 buttons right below this that say: New
> >Account, New Transactions, View Options, Refresh page, Trade Now.
> >Then there are two drop down menus that are named Account: and View:
> >Then I see my two retirement accounts listed and MSN Stock Lists and this
> >row go all the way across my screen. Above this and below this are
> >advertisements only.
> >On the menu bars there are no Enlarge/Reduce Portfolio options or More
> >options.
> >
> >I MUST be on the wrong screen.
>
> Try http://moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/webquote.dll?iPage=pmx
>
> Perhaps you have not installed the Deluxe Portfolio there. I think
> that would explain things.

0
lori1 (126)

Email to all contacts in an account
Hello, I have CRM 4.0 and i was trying to send an email to an account with related contacts. the email was deliverd to the account email but not to the related contacts. i couldnt find a way to do it. Is there any way for the email to be sentl automatically to the contacts related to an account when sending an email to the account? any help would be highly appreciated. regards ...

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Merging data in workbook
I have a workbook containing 20 sheets. Each sheet is identical (used up to 80 rows, columns A to W) and is used to record peoples working hours each day of the week in different departments. Could someone please tell me how to consolidate all the data on the 20 sheets into a single sheet so that this will allow me to see how many hours were worked per day by each person. I don't know if these are complications - each sheet uses 80 rows but some of these will be blank rows; the same applies to the columns. In some cases people will have worked in different departments during the week so...

How to check Removed Attachments?
I have a user who has a problem with sending emails with an attachment to one specific recipient. I have an Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. There is no restriction sending emails (include no limit for attachments as we are getting and sending huge attachments). But, there is a limit for the mailbox size, and she didn’t get the limit. After she sent an email with an attachment, she got a call from the recipient saying that they didn’t get the attachment while other recipients got the attachments. So, she forwarded the email to her manager and he sent the email with the attachments to the...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Reassigning accounts changes owenr on ALL objects....
We had a sales guy leave so I reassigned his accounts to various other reps....worked great EXCEPT it reassigned all objects related to that Account....even the completed ones. Where it screws me up the most is on orders already created and the reportinig that I have created....it moves those historical orders to new rep. reports have to be based on order owner vs created by because we have admins that do some order entry. Is there any way to reassign account and NOT have it change the owner on any activity/order/etc that has been completed or is in the past?????? maybe an append query at th...

Duplicate Funds in Money

duplicating a Project Accounting Billing invoice
Does anyone know if the workaround described in Techknowledge document id 3007 will work with Great Plains version 8 to reprint an invoice? ...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

How do you keep Excel currency formatting during a mail merge?
I would like to be able to enter currency in Excel as a simple number (ex: 2000) and, when I merge the database to my MSWord Document using Mail Merge, I would like the number to show up formatted as currency (ex: $2,000.00). How do I do that? Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://hom...

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

merge catalogues
is there a way after merging catalogues to update them automatically after? For example if i create a pricelist catalogue in publisher from an execl file, if i change something in the excel file can the publisher file be updated automatically, without the need of manual update? Thanks Rodia, You would have to merge again. "Rodia" <Rodia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B663CCE-971C-4172-967C-50AF1BF8EC90@microsoft.com... > is there a way after merging catalogues to update them automatically > after? > For example if i create a pricelist catalog...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

401(k) Accounts
OK...I must admit it: I'm completely baffled by how Money 2004 tracks 401(k) accounts. My setup so far: * I have a 401(k) account set up with a cash (contribution) side and an investment side. * My paycheck deduction goes into the cash (contribution) side. I have this data accumulated for three years now. * I've never put in any investment transactions at all. I've been told I should be paying attention to cost-basis and that I should track share purchases in as much detail as possible. What I fail to comprehend is how money flows from paycheck to cash account to inv...

Mail-merge inconsistences
There are two different behaviors in mail merging: 1. From an Advanced View, of leads (for example): you can select some items, and make a MSWord mail marge, and then BulkEmail service takes care of tracking all emails correctly, setting the regarding field, and solving responses. 2. From a campaign, is no that good. When making mail merge from MS Word, it sends mails, but don't take care of: a) Unsuscribe part of email (doesn't appear at all) b) Tracking mail from CRM: it doesn't post CRM:xxxxx token, neither attachs mail to leads nor campaign. It simply takes MS Word to send...

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Add userdefs to Unit Account setup
Can you add userdef fields to the Unit Account Setups form? We have users that could make use of those fields. It looks like it would be an easy thing to add. I can use Modifier, but if it's out of the can, it would be better for our clients. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Reinstall Money Plus problems