Money 2005 'C' Column

I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft
Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited by
two users.  A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and
checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the
information.  What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation column.
 The reconciliation is done on my system.  Then, the entries that are marked
with a “C,” don’t display a “C” for my co-worker.  She can never tell which
entries have cleared the bank.  It is a puzzle why all the information pulls
up accurately for both of the users, except the information in the C column.

I have checked all the settings on both computers, have searched the
websites, the discussion threads and the user’s guides to no avail on what is
a solution.  Nothing seems to have been addressed to solve this problem.  I
would appreciate a response from those that are Microsoft Money experts.
Please Help!
0
Kathy1 (132)
2/20/2007 8:20:23 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

This may not be helpful, Kathy - when you "reconcile" (balance) an account,
the column displays a R, not a C. Downloaded transactions are marked with an
E. C is intended to mean "cleared" and can be entered manually. I've never
used a C designation.

--
Michael Gordon

"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft
> Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited
> by
> two users.  A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and
> checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the
> information.  What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation
> column.
> The reconciliation is done on my system.  Then, the entries that are
> marked
> with a "C," don't display a "C" for my co-worker.  She can never tell
> which
> entries have cleared the bank.  It is a puzzle why all the information
> pulls
> up accurately for both of the users, except the information in the C
> column.
>
> I have checked all the settings on both computers, have searched the
> websites, the discussion threads and the user's guides to no avail on what
> is
> a solution.  Nothing seems to have been addressed to solve this problem.
> would appreciate a response from those that are Microsoft Money experts.
> Please Help!

0
gordonm (1013)
2/21/2007 1:00:54 AM
It might be that the 'C' designation is a local thing to your copy of the
data and is not uploaded. If you balanced the account, does you co-worker
see the 'R' designations and the balance date?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money.
To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft
> Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited
> by
> two users.  A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and
> checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the
> information.  What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation
> column.
> The reconciliation is done on my system.  Then, the entries that are
> marked
> with a "C," don't display a "C" for my co-worker.  She can never tell
> which
> entries have cleared the bank.  It is a puzzle why all the information
> pulls
> up accurately for both of the users, except the information in the C
> column.
>
> I have checked all the settings on both computers, have searched the
> websites, the discussion threads and the user's guides to no avail on what
> is
> a solution.  Nothing seems to have been addressed to solve this problem.
> would appreciate a response from those that are Microsoft Money experts.
> Please Help!

0
glyn1 (1534)

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect #2
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? Yes, use 2D charts. They provide a better representation of the values being plotted without the implied false third dimension. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ emwashburn wrote: > Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" > > This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect > > Is there a way to ...

Display index of column headers in column A
A worksheet has data organized in columns that will be used to create drop-down lists. How can I display in column A the contents in the column headers - i.e. row A contents (which are the titles of each list) so that I can see the names of all the column headers without having to scroll across the screen. Note that there are empty columns which will be filled with new lists that will be added at later times, so the formula should ignore columns that have not header (blank A column) and return column headers that contain text, but without creating blank cells in column A that ...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

How to find paired values in one column
How to find paired values (e.g. Surnames or Names) in one colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Nothing about Dynamics GP 10.0 Upgrade SQL Server 2005 to 2008?
Good evening. We previously received a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 standard installation disk from Microsoft and that is it. I can not find any clear instructions on how to take upgrade a GP 10.0 running on Win Svr 2003 with SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008. Any thoughts? Is it just back up your data, stick the disk in and follow the prompts? It can not be that easy. :-) -- Thanks, KevB KevB, My 2 cents would be to not upgrade an existing SQL Server instance. Instead I would install a new instance of SQL Server 2008 and follow the instructions in this KB article: https://mbs...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...

MS Money 2006 and Money for PPC
I have installed MS Money2006 trial version and microsoft money for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 operative system,device i-mate JASJAR. i can't sinchronize both money data pn PC and PPC and all the time ther is window with message "reading device databases". With Windows Mobile 2003 SE with same softwares there was no problems. I'm using also ZoneAlarm Firewall. If somebody know solution, I will appreciate it! Thanks in advance. Davor Opic P.S. Please, if you want, answer on my email addres: davor.opic@po.htnet.hr ...