Money 2005 'C' Column

I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft
Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited by
two users.  A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and
checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the
information.  What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation column.
 The reconciliation is done on my system.  Then, the entries that are marked
with a “C,” don’t display a “C” for my co-worker.  She can never tell which
entries have cleared the bank.  It is a puzzle why all the information pulls
up accurately for both of the users, except the information in the C column.

I have checked all the settings on both computers, have searched the
websites, the discussion threads and the user’s guides to no avail on what is
a solution.  Nothing seems to have been addressed to solve this problem.  I
would appreciate a response from those that are Microsoft Money experts.
Please Help!
0
Kathy1 (132)
2/20/2007 8:20:23 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

This may not be helpful, Kathy - when you "reconcile" (balance) an account,
the column displays a R, not a C. Downloaded transactions are marked with an
E. C is intended to mean "cleared" and can be entered manually. I've never
used a C designation.

--
Michael Gordon

"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft
> Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited
> by
> two users.  A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and
> checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the
> information.  What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation
> column.
> The reconciliation is done on my system.  Then, the entries that are
> marked
> with a "C," don't display a "C" for my co-worker.  She can never tell
> which
> entries have cleared the bank.  It is a puzzle why all the information
> pulls
> up accurately for both of the users, except the information in the C
> column.
>
> I have checked all the settings on both computers, have searched the
> websites, the discussion threads and the user's guides to no avail on what
> is
> a solution.  Nothing seems to have been addressed to solve this problem.
> would appreciate a response from those that are Microsoft Money experts.
> Please Help!

0
gordonm (1013)
2/21/2007 1:00:54 AM
It might be that the 'C' designation is a local thing to your copy of the
data and is not uploaded. If you balanced the account, does you co-worker
see the 'R' designations and the balance date?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money.
To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft
> Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited
> by
> two users.  A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and
> checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the
> information.  What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation
> column.
> The reconciliation is done on my system.  Then, the entries that are
> marked
> with a "C," don't display a "C" for my co-worker.  She can never tell
> which
> entries have cleared the bank.  It is a puzzle why all the information
> pulls
> up accurately for both of the users, except the information in the C
> column.
>
> I have checked all the settings on both computers, have searched the
> websites, the discussion threads and the user's guides to no avail on what
> is
> a solution.  Nothing seems to have been addressed to solve this problem.
> would appreciate a response from those that are Microsoft Money experts.
> Please Help!

0
glyn1 (1534)

2 Columns
I have 2 Columns A & B Column B contains all of the data in Column A and then some. I need a function that will show all of the extra items in Column B. Hi, If the data are in A2:A101 and B2:b151, use the following formula in C2, and fill-in the formula down in Column B. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$101,0)),"X","") Or, you could use conditional formatting to shade cells in B that do not have a match in A. For that, select the entire range in B (i.e., B2:B151), go to conditional formatting, and use Formula Is =ISERROR(MATCH($B2,$A$2:A$101,0)) and format to s...

How to index the data of last column
How to index the data of last column if the column contains blank data ex. 1 2 _ 3 4 _ 8 5 if didn't use temp data is it possible to get the "5" by one formula? Thanks a lot Man, that is confusing. :confused: What are you trying to do? -- Mallycat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553002 =INDEX(1:1,1,MAX((COLUMN(1:1))*(NOT(ISBLANK(1:1))))) Array formula, to be validated w...

Report output to Excel columns issue
I edited the SUMMARY HISTORICAL AGED TRIAL BALANCE report to make it export to excel easily. When I export to excel the coumn headers show up in the correct order but the data in column one and the last column get switched. It is behaving like it's wrapping or something. In the below example, notice that the customer # appears in the 90 column. But the column with the cust name needs to be shifted down 1 cell because customer Accu Freight is missing. I'm on GP10 and did this in Report Writer. Thanks!!! Customer Number Name Balance Current 30 60 90 Air City Inc. $0 $0 $0 $0 $...

Execute C++ from Excel
HI all, can anyone tell me how to execute a simple C++ code from an excel spreadsheet? For example take a C++ program that adds two integers, how does one execute it from an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance -- serine ------------------------------------------------------------------------ serine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27884 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473888 ...

How do I format catalog merge pages so the output is in columns n.
In Publisher - when I do a catalog merge (I am trying to make a an address directory) the output (names & addresses) merge correctly but I want to be able to read them up and down in columns instead of across in rows. How can I format? You need to setup your data differently. There is an Excel example here: http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B624CD4-90D8-4986-A2FF-A2807467E6F5@microsoft.com... &...

Starting new year with money 2004 or 2005
Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size. Tired of slow response with money. Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and import just my accounts. I don't need the balances as I can imput them myself. Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on the bottom of each account. Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for the forecasting to be complete. It's bad enough on my desktop computer which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook) Than...

Insert duplicate rows based on numeric value in column
Is there a way to insert new duplicate rows in an excel worksheet based on a value in a column? For example I have 2 columns as follows Place Number London 3 Paris 5 Lisbon 2 France 2 I want to achieve the following Place Number London 3 London 3 London 3 Paris 5 Paris 5 Paris 5 Paris 5 Paris 5 Lisbon 2 Lisbon 2...and so on So I basically want the first column and its value repeated the number of times specified by the associated value in the Number column. I hope that makes sense. I hope someone can help as this is driving me nuts and I a...

Need subreport column headers to repeat when data goes onto next p
Hello, I've a subreport that has columns of data. I need the column headers to repeat when the data spills onto the next page so that users will know the type of data they are viewing. How can I do this? Thank you for the help, Where are the headers currently placed? Placing them in the Page Header section should automatically put them on top of each page. They are in the subreport headers as there are multiple subreports comprising the main report. I've a different header for the page header that I need to be repeated; it works well. "ghetto_banjo" ...

Unable to update a change of stock symbol in Money 2007
I have shares of American Eagle Outfitters, which until recently traded under AEOS on NASDAQ. However, it just moved to NYSE, and the new symbol is AEO. When I try to go toAEOS' "Investment Details" in my portfolio and change to the new ticker symbol, I get the following eror message: "AEO is already being used as a name or symbol for another investment. Please enter a different choice." I looked all over my portfolio for share of AEO, but I can't find them...what gives? In microsoft.public.money, spaz_pop wrote: >I have shares of American Eagle Outfi...

Money 2004
Are any other Australian users of Money 2004 having problems getting downloads of stock prices? For the last three weeks I've been clicking on the "Update Prices" link when I log on each night. Then I'd sit there, fat, dumb and happy, believing that the "Call Completed" message signified that all was well. That was until I noticed that the prices didn't seem to be moving much, and by looking at the Update Manually dialog I found that the prices had in fact only updated once each week; interestingly enough on the Friday. The error message "Money was unable ...

FRX: TTM column & % of Revenue
I have a column with twelve trailing months of data. I am trying to get TTM Gross Profit as a percentage of TTM Total Revenue. What appears to be happening is that the calculation is happening for each month and being added together (Jan =20%, Feb =22%, Mar=1% ... = 269%) I tried making the orignal TTM column non-printing and making a new column that took the value from the original but that had no effect. Changing the report to calculate columns instead of rows worked but that wrecked 4 other columns worth of data. Thanks all! ...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file #2
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard ...

Money Standard 2005 Account Settings
I want to change the credit limit and interest rate that was originally entered when I set up a particular credit card account. Going into "Change Account Settings" does not offer an option to change the settings in question. How can I change them? In microsoft.public.money, ronmaggi wrote: >I want to change the credit limit and interest rate that was originally >entered when I set up a particular credit card account. Going into "Change >Account Settings" does not offer an option to change the settings in >question. How can I change them? See if htt...

Problem converting Quicken to Money 2008
I am trying out the new Money since I'm having so much trouble downloading quotes from Quicken. When I convert, it MOSTLY goes ok, but for some reason, certain transfers dating after Oct. of 2005 do not get converted as transfers. They are generally withdrawals from my checking account that get transfered to the Cash account. Cash transfers that are part of a split show up fine as transfers, but transfers that are not part of a split have nothing in the category section, and Money treats them as expenses. There are also a lot of transfers from checking to pay my credit card that...

Need Money
You need fast money?????, visit http://dinero4ever.blogspot.com Now!!! ...

SRS Report
I have the following CRM 3.0 data in a custom Entity related to the Opportunity Entity Strengths Weaknesses Threats Opportunities Company 1 Company 2 Company 3 Company 4 The # and company could change depending on the number of Rows and are obviously are static DESCRIPTION fields. There are no number fields, these are all description fields. I need to data to be used in SRS to be: Company1 Company2 Company3 Company4 Strengths Weaknesses Threats Opportunities How can I do this for the report? There are another 7 additional descr...

money #37
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Money is the root of all evil</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

transactions frmo year 2005 showing in year 2006
Using Mney 2004. 4 transactions for year 2005 are showing up in year 2006 under the category and payee list, but they are not showing up as a transaction under the account name. When I try to delete these transactions, Money will not let me delete for change the date, payee, amount. This makes my running balance for that account inaccurate in the Accounts List. when I go to the account, these transactions are not there and do not affect the balance. How can I correct this problem? -- Jack W In microsoft.public.money, Jack W wrote: >Using Mney 2004. 4 transactions for year 200...

Find the maximum value in a row or column with text and numbers
would someone be able to help me out in finding the maximum value in a row or column containing letters and numbers. letters in this case would be a lower value compare to the numbers. for example in a row: A B C D <- returns the value D as max A B 0 1 <- returns the value 1 as max thanks for A B C D use array-entered (i.e. insert the formula with CTRL+SHIFT +ENTER): =CHAR(MAX(CODE(A1:D1))) for A B 0 1 use: =MAX(A1:D1) On 17 Lis, 09:26, bengles <beng...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > would someone be able to help me out in finding the...

MS Money Not Saving Recent Transaction
Need help! I have MS Money on my computer. I usually have a CD in my computer for back up. When I take the CD out for a few days, and reload the MS Money program without the CD all transaction are lost! How is this possible? Doesn't Money save transactions? PLEASE HELP. I have lost 11 months worth of business transactions. How do i restore recent downloaded transactions, bills, any everything I have put into it? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, cjkube wrote: >Need help! I have MS Money on my computer. I usually have a CD in my computer >for back up. When I take t...

Integration Manager does not show Columns in Text Files
I am attempting to add a single new GL account to 82 branches. I have tried CSV, Tab-delimited and space delimited text files. The column headings are not being recognized. When I open the files within Notepad everything looks fine. It is cleaner than the Accounts.txt example included with Integration Manager. To make this recurring process (Adding new accounts to 82 branches) as simple as possible I have done the following, I have constructed an Excel workbook, with 2 worksheets. The second worksheet is a template with all Branch numbers and the regions, our account setup is GLA...

Importing text file into Excel 2003 - C#
Hi all, I am a newby in Excel programming so my question could be an easy one. I found lots of VB code snippets on this issue but almost none in C#. I want to import in a new Excel 2003 doc a character delimited text file. Here is my code: Excel.Workbook lWB = this.excelApp.Workbooks.Add(System.Reflection.Missing.Value); Excel.Worksheet lWS = (Excel.Worksheet)lWB.ActiveSheet; string myfilename = "TEXT;C:\\tmp\\test.txt"; Excel.Range lRange = lWS.get_Range("A1","A1"); /////// the following call generates: System.ArgumentException - The p...

Hide certain columns in range
Hi All........ I have a Range named "Months" which is B25:AW25. Each cell in that range contains a number of 1-12 standing for a month. I would like to be able to hide all columns except the Month number I choose, and the one on each side of it. For example, if I choose the month 7, then I want to hide all columns except those with a 6,7, or 8 in my range. And of course if I choose month 1, I want all except 12, 1, and 2 to be hidden, etc. TIA for any ideas Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Are your month numbers in consecutive order through the range B25:AW25 li...

Flip Columns Upside-Down?
How do you flip columns upside-down (esp. where there are no trends in the numbers/data)? Try: Fill an adjacent helper column with running numbers (1,2,3,...) down as many rows as that present in the target column Select both helper & target columns Sort by the helper column > Descending > OK -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in thread Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ------------------------------------------------------- "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC0F0FC4-0A22-42BB-8...

Money Updates #2