Money 2005 Budget Problem

Will Microsoft ever fix the problem with the budget?  I have budgeted values
that are 10-15 times the amount in my budget.  I tried all the "workarounds"
posted and none worked.   Especially the one that suggests creating a new
category, moving transactions, removing from budget, etc.   It would be
easier for me to export transactions and migrate to Quicken.

Does anybody have any real solutions to this problem?  I saw one post for
Money 2002 that suggested the following:

1. Quit Money 2002.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
4. Locate, and then right-click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\10.0
5. Click New, and then click DWORD Value.
6. Type DeleteBudgetPlan, and then press ENTER.
7. Right-click DeleteBudgetPlan, and then click Modify.
8. In the Value data box, type 1.
9. Make sure that Hexadecimal is selected under Base, and then click OK.

Will this work for 2005 or is there a similar workaround available.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

It would be easier to assume Money 2005 does not have budget capabilities.  I
was able to get around the multiple budget amounts, but there are other
problems that just doesn't allow it to work.  For example:

I have a recurring bill always shows in the Budget Summary as zero.  It
shows in "Enter your expenses" section of the budget correctly however.  I
have countless other categories that fall under similiar problems.

I've lost more functionality than I've gained going from 2003 to 2005.  I
used Quicken back in 1999, I think I may relook at that for next year if
Money problems don't get resolved.

Graham

"Jeff Shockley" wrote:

> Will Microsoft ever fix the problem with the budget?  I have budgeted values
> that are 10-15 times the amount in my budget.  I tried all the "workarounds"
> posted and none worked.   Especially the one that suggests creating a new
> category, moving transactions, removing from budget, etc.   It would be
> easier for me to export transactions and migrate to Quicken.
>
> Does anybody have any real solutions to this problem?  I saw one post for
> Money 2002 that suggested the following:
>
> 1. Quit Money 2002.
> 2. Click Start, and then click Run.
> 3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
> 4. Locate, and then right-click the following key in the registry:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\10.0
> 5. Click New, and then click DWORD Value.
> 6. Type DeleteBudgetPlan, and then press ENTER.
> 7. Right-click DeleteBudgetPlan, and then click Modify.
> 8. In the Value data box, type 1.
> 9. Make sure that Hexadecimal is selected under Base, and then click OK.
>
> Will this work for 2005 or is there a similar workaround available.

Graham8706 (123)
12/24/2004 4:23:06 PM
Well I may of found a solution to my problem at least.  I took the payee and
entered in address information and now the budget values are showing.  Go
figure... must be a feature because it cannot be a bug!

Graham

"Graham" wrote:

> It would be easier to assume Money 2005 does not have budget capabilities.  I
> was able to get around the multiple budget amounts, but there are other
> problems that just doesn't allow it to work.  For example:
>
> I have a recurring bill always shows in the Budget Summary as zero.  It
> shows in "Enter your expenses" section of the budget correctly however.  I
> have countless other categories that fall under similiar problems.
>
> I've lost more functionality than I've gained going from 2003 to 2005.  I
> used Quicken back in 1999, I think I may relook at that for next year if
> Money problems don't get resolved.
>
> Graham
>
> "Jeff Shockley" wrote:
>
> > Will Microsoft ever fix the problem with the budget?  I have budgeted values
> > that are 10-15 times the amount in my budget.  I tried all the "workarounds"
> > posted and none worked.   Especially the one that suggests creating a new
> > category, moving transactions, removing from budget, etc.   It would be
> > easier for me to export transactions and migrate to Quicken.
> >
> > Does anybody have any real solutions to this problem?  I saw one post for
> > Money 2002 that suggested the following:
> >
> > 1. Quit Money 2002.
> > 2. Click Start, and then click Run.
> > 3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
> > 4. Locate, and then right-click the following key in the registry:
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\10.0
> > 5. Click New, and then click DWORD Value.
> > 6. Type DeleteBudgetPlan, and then press ENTER.
> > 7. Right-click DeleteBudgetPlan, and then click Modify.
> > 8. In the Value data box, type 1.
> > 9. Make sure that Hexadecimal is selected under Base, and then click OK.
> >
> > Will this work for 2005 or is there a similar workaround available.

Graham8706 (123)

Problem printing picture on a report
I would like to print a picture on a report behind the report data. The picture prints fine on all pages of the report except the first page; I can't get it to show up on the first page. I have the following code in the On Format event of the detail line; If Me.Office = "home" Then Me.Picture = "I:\My Documents\My Pictures\home.bmp" Else Me.Picture = "I:\My Documents\My Pictures\branch.bmp" End If Any ideas why the picture won't print on the first page but does on all the others? Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://w...

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

CRM Sales for Outlook Client
H I have installed CRM V1.2. Installation was 100% perfect. However, I am experiencing problems when installing the sales client for outlook. After specifying the url where the website is hosted, an error appears stating that no crm server components were located. I am unable to continue from there. OS: Windows XP, SP Office: Office 200 Please find attached the log file [19:48:05] CSetup::Initialize result: 0x0 [19:48:05] Checking v1 product GUID: {505D5841-FB9D-452A-9381-6AD6904769AB} [19:48:05] Checking component GUID: {0C5FCCD4-3F44-4d2a-A68D-3FE77927BF1F} [19:48:05] No existing CRM ...

Signature Problem
Any ideas on how to fix this problem? We set up universal style signatures for everyone here. I set all Outlook apps on each machine to Rich Text because then HTML could view it correctly. With HTML set on all machines, the signature was messed up. Problem now is that when printed out, the signature is distorted. For instance, Carla D. Goodloe has the . blending with the D. They are on top of each other when printing. Another example is De Young, where the e blends with the D. I do not know what is going on but it prints like this in both Rich Text and Html format. The signature ...

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

problems opening new email/calendar entries
when I try to open a new email/calendar entry, I get the following error message in Outlook 2007: Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found. I have had this problem previously but can't remember where I found the solution which was somewhere on this forum. I know I have to delete a specific file folder, but can't remember which one. anyone who can assist? Thanks! ...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problem about Sample Database
Dear all, I have a MS CRM license with MSDN. I completly installed MS CRM with organization named "Adventure Works Cycle. I got 6 licenses of Suite Professtional. But when I tried to install sample database following http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/m aintain/20_samdb.mspx . It was error in step of add license. I added 8JUNYZUK3U66WXTRP7WE1 and the error screen was shown "You must enter a valid license key". Please help me solve this problem. Thanks !!! dinorex "dinorex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

remote shutdown problem: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED
Hi All, host: CentOS 5.4 (Linux) guest: XP-Pro-SP3 Virtual Machine: Virtual Box 3.0.12 I am trying to shut down my Windows XP guest from my Linux machine with the following code: $ net rpc SHUTDOWN -C "some comment here" -f -I 192.168.224.207\ -U administrator%iamnottellingyou I get back: Shutdown of remote machine failed result was: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED I tried it with my user account (which has admin rights) too. No joy. I did disabled my XP firewall for the test. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? What is WERR_ACCESS_DENIED? Many than...

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Problems with Money 2005

CRM Quick campaign problems.
Hi all. I'm having an issue with our CRM system, and it looks like it's by design and not a fault. When we send a quick campaign to our marketing list it goes along realy well, create the email, add the unsubscribe etc, create the activities and auto send the emails. Now that's all good, but at a random point through the campaign it will abort, different places in different campaigns, different lists etc and we couldn't work out why. Now on Friday I did a campaign to a list of 1000 contacts, it failed after 9, so I went through the list and discovered that the contact on #10 h...

Money 2000 user guide

Void Deferral Transactions Problem
I am having a problem voiding some deferred transactions. I entered the transactions through Receivables Management. I can see these transactions under the customers in the Deferral Inquiry window. However, they do not show up in the Void Deferral Transactions window for me to void. Some other transactions entered the same way in the same batch as these but under different customers do show up. Cannot figure out why that would be. I have tried check links and deferral check links to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks! Paul ...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

ADC problem
Hi I installed 2 new exchange 2003 servers as part as my existing Exchange 5.5 organization. I configured a 2 way ADC connector too. So, when I move a user from a Exchange 5.5 server to a Windows 2003 server my Exchange 5.5 shown the user Home Server accordingly to the movement. My problem is when I move users between Exchange 2003 server......so my exchange 5.5 servers doesn't realize the change and they continue shown the old user Home Server. When I create a new user in Exchange 2003 server, the user Home Server is set to "None" in Exchange 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks a lot ...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Searching problem
I was trying to search for an emailed receipt for a mouse I had purchased and discovered that there are no records past about a year ago. Apparently everything past then was archived. How can I search archives? I opened the archive folder and there is nothing in there past a year either. If I use the File / Open command I can see past Outlook data files from 2006 and some backup files from earlier times also. I am leery of opening one of those files because I don't want to lose my current mail. How can I safely view these old files to search them? You just open them. Eaxactly ho...