Money 2005 and Vanguard

I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.

Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?

0
bigme99 (8)
9/27/2004 4:59:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote:

>I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.
>
>Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?

Connecting to Vanguard for me.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/27/2004 5:14:32 PM
Not working for me either... I get:

MS Money could not receive information from your bank or brokerage, please
set up this account again blah blah... (Money was unable to complete the
operation. The internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to
contact encountered an error.  Please try your call again later.
(OFXHTTP500))

"bigme99" <bigme99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.
>
> Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?

I just tried on 2004, it works fine. But not on 2005. Are which version are
you using?

> In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote:
>
> >I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.
> >
> >Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?
> >

> Connecting to Vanguard for me.

0
bigme99 (8)
9/27/2004 5:39:59 PM
(1) I tried to connect using Money 2004, and everything is working fine. But
when I switch to 2005, it won't connect.
(2) I tried to add Vanguard within MSN Money, hoping that it will bypass
whatever local installation/firewall issues I might have, but it still
reports the same error

So it seems to me that 2005 is not working properly for Vanguard.
Unfortunately, Vanguard tech support doesn't have 2005. After spending 50
mins with them on the phone, my problem still wasn't resolved...

"bigme99" <bigme99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.
>
> Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?

0
bigme99 (8)
9/27/2004 5:55:49 PM
In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote:

>I just tried on 2004, it works fine. But not on 2005. Are which version are
>you using?

14.0.125.825 without Passport on the file.

You might consider making an extra copy of your Money file.
Discontinue online access for Vanguard. Then set up online access
again.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/27/2004 6:11:20 PM
I have the exact same version, except it's the Small Business Ed. I did what
you said, but it's still not working. I don't understand why it wouldn't
even work when I try to add it from MSN. Very frustrated....

> In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote:
>
> >I just tried on 2004, it works fine. But not on 2005. Are which version
are
> >you using?
>
> 14.0.125.825 without Passport on the file.
>
> You might consider making an extra copy of your Money file.
> Discontinue online access for Vanguard. Then set up online access
> again.

0
bigme99 (8)
9/28/2004 5:15:04 AM
Just an FYI -- 14.0.150.825 Small Business connects fine
to Vanguard for me.

message
>> In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote:
>>
>> >I just tried on 2004, it works fine. But not on 2005.
Are which version
>are
>> >you using?
>>
>> 14.0.125.825 without Passport on the file.
>>
>> You might consider making an extra copy of your Money
file.
>> Discontinue online access for Vanguard. Then set up
online access
>> again.
>

>.

0
cduerr (3)
9/29/2004 6:15:17 PM
Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote:
>

>>I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.
>>
>>Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?
>>

> Connecting to Vanguard for me.

I can connect without a problem but I am having issues with the statments
0
driscollw (5)
10/5/2004 6:02:21 PM
I can also connect without a problem but a bug was introduced with 05 that
causes Money to want to REMOVE shares on you (it's only recognizing the last
entry of a position if multiple entries for the same position are reported).
I have a case open and they've reproduced it (with a little prompting) and
it's supposedly been forwarded to engineering.

For a more complete list of known and reported issues see
http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm

Joe Guidera
jguidera@msn.com.remove

"William Driscoll" <driscollw@cox.net> wrote in message
> Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote:
>>

>>>I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.
>>>
>>>Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?
>>>

>> Connecting to Vanguard for me.
>>
> I can connect without a problem but I am having issues with the statments

0
jguidera (124)
10/10/2004 4:02:26 AM
Joe Guidera wrote:
> I can also connect without a problem but a bug was introduced with 05 that
> causes Money to want to REMOVE shares on you (it's only recognizing the last
> entry of a position if multiple entries for the same position are reported).
> I have a case open and they've reproduced it (with a little prompting) and
> it's supposedly been forwarded to engineering.
>
> For a more complete list of known and reported issues see
> http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm

  That is really good to know. A money program that doesn't add right
??? I don't know about that. I pulled my hair out for about an hour
before I read the newsgroups.
0
driscollw (5)
10/14/2004 3:34:21 AM
Vanguard Group, The
This financial institution have confirmed that it is an issue on their
website and they are working on it.
No time frame has been given as yet.
thanks'

"bigme99" wrote:

> I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard.
>
> Anyone else having the same problem using online updates?

0
Cathy (60)

Money 2007 Internet Updates
I presently use Money 2002 Deluxe and only use Internet Updates to update my portfolio stock quotes and it's free withing Money 2002. With 2007 it says Internet updates are only good for 2 years. Does that mean after 2 years it won't update my portfolio as Money 2002 does? If yes, I'll just stick with my 2002 version. Thanks "rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95E29B9F-1E37-4790-8620-89AD32DEBE4A@microsoft.com... >I presently use Money 2002 Deluxe and only use Internet Updates to update >my > portfolio stock quotes and...

Issues with upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Plus
I have been working satisfactorily with Money 2006 until I was forced by Microsoft to upgrade to Money Plus. This works fine except for two issues: 1. Every time I start Money Plus I get a message that a program update needs to be installed. If I click OK Money is stopped and it looks as if updates are being downloaded. However this ends with the message that the update is already running. This is not a real problem as I can work by clicking cancel. However I do not know which update I am now missing. 2. Importing bank statements in the form of ofx files always went fine in Money 2006,...

Money 2002 #14
I reinstalled Money 2002 and when I try to open it, it says "Can't display End User License agreement, which needs to be displayed and accepted. Reinstall the application". What should I do? I already reinstalled Money 2002 three times. In microsoft.public.money, Jimena wrote: >I reinstalled Money 2002 and when I try to open it, it >says "Can't display End User License agreement, which >needs to be displayed and accepted. Reinstall the >application". What should I do? I already reinstalled >Money 2002 three times. See http://support.microso...

Money 2001 Crash, file verify on restart fails/locks
On reading the unnofficial FAQs for the newsgroup through a websearch for a solution to my problem, it sounds like I may have no hope, but didn't address my specific problem so I thought I'd see if anyone had a clue as to what I should do. Upon opening M2001 last night, it crashed and said (I believe) msmoney.exe must shut down as it experienced a fatal error (I was only trying to open the program) it has done it a few times before, but upon reopening the program it will open my money file and work fine. This time, when I reopened it told me that I had not properly closed the file th...

Money 2008
I wanted to know anyone knew when money 2008 would be coming out. I am trying out money 2007 and will expire in August. I am debating on whether to purchase money 2007 or wait until money 2008 gets released Thank You Anybody who "knows" can't say. That having been said, things have been pretty quiet on that front. Time will tell. I wouldn't count on one by August, but it is possible. "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D7ADE1B-F677-4F2F-9D54-BE5FC67ED53B@microsoft.com... >I wanted to know anyone knew when money 200...

Money Plus
Are they the same thing? I can't tell from thse posts but it seems so. Also - is it compatible with Vista Ultimate. I am running Money 2007 currently and have no issues. Thanks in advance. Money Plus is the official Microsoft marketing name. Money 2008 seems to be frequently used. I think it's a tic from habit. "xanadu99" <xanadu99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39B1116-846B-4209-B96B-64C0E1FCC283@microsoft.com... > Are they the same thing? I can't tell from thse posts but it seems so. > Also > - is it compatible with Vista Ul...

Cannot load Money 2003
Every time I try installing Money, I get window that shows the program did not install and click finsh to exit. I cannot get setup to run. Try some of the suggestions in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827814&Product=mny "Starfury9" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f2201c46ed8$72448160$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try installing Money, I get window that > shows the program did not install and click finsh to > exit. I cannot get setup to run. ...

Upgrade GP 8.0 SQL Server 2000 to Dynamics GP 9.0 SQL Server 2005
I'm planning to upgrade Great Plains on SQL Server 2000 to Dynamics Great Plains 9.0 on SQL Server 2005. Is it best to do the SQL Server 2000 to 2005 upgrade first on 8.0 and then go to 9.0 or do the upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0 first and then upgrade from SQL Server 200 to 2005. Any suggestions or things to watch out for doing this upgrade? I think the appropriate proceedure would be to update to 9 first, then the SQL Server. However, if you're doing it all at once, I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. Just make sure you backup everything first, and then go from...

Multiple Money 2006 Issues
Hi- I recently bought a Sony VAIO with Vista. I installed Money 2006. It worked fine and all was well. About 3 weeks ago, my transactions downloaded and said they were ready to be reviewed but did not show up in my register. So I decided I would uninstall Money and start from scratch. I had to remove it and install it like 6 times and I could still not set up online services for my bank. It didn't indicate that the problem was with my bank because it said if the problem persisted to contact customer support which charges a fee. And when I installed it new, it continued to h...

Can't see "Items to Review" with MS Money Plus Deluxe
I've been using MS Money for years and this weekend downloaded, installed and activated Money Plus Deluxe. Now, suddenly, I cannot see downloaded "Items to review" in my checking account register. Each morning, I visit the Bank of America website and download checking account transactions. I save this as an .ofx file, then import the file into Money (File/Import/Downloaded Statement). That all works fine; the file is successfully imported (I know that because I can see there are 5 items to review in the upper left corner of the Account Register screen). The problem is th...

To CAL Learner re: Old Money 1998 and missing stuff
Thanks, but where would I find that file? I can't seem to. ...

Money online/backup
I have just recently opened my money online account for backup. i have been backing up to a usb for ages but i decided it would be easier if i just had the balances all in one place. i still have my backup on the usb but i find i can't get to it because everytime i want to access it money wants me to sign in to money online and the accounts have not been transferred to the online account yet. they are still on the usb. the result is a catch 22. i can't access my balances on my usb and there are no balances in the account (online) that i can access. I also cannot access my usb ...

Problem with Money 2006 for PPC
The files doesn't sync between PC and PPC. I have an icon in ActiveSync BUT no way to select it (no checkbox). Using Money 2006 Deluxe, Money 2006 for PPC, Win XP, ActiveSync 3.8, Windows Mobile 2003 Premium (HP iPAQ 4150). Best, Hogar Do not use "reply to sender" - I'm using antispam address. Hi, Did you reinstall ActiveSync after installing Money 2006 on the PC? -- Chris De Herrera http://www.pocketpcfaq.com http://www.tabletpctalk.com http://www.pocketpctalk.com http://www.mobilitytalk.com "Hogar" <nosapam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eCRwuV...

Money 05 OFX import?
I just got MS Money 2005. The OFX import from my bank, which used to work fine in Money 2002 is now broken. When I try to import the OFX, Money 2005 tells me: The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If the problem continues, contact your financial institution. Seems like an import that worked in 2002 should work in 2005; anybody have any suggestions? suzy In microsoft.public.money, suzy c wrote: >I just got MS Money 2005. The OFX import from my bank, which used to >work fine in Money 2002 is now broken. &g...

Portuguese Money
Does anyone knows about Money 2004 in Portuguese ...

Cannot update online accounts anymore (Money 2007)
Hi, I have been a Money customer since 2000 or so. I have recently upgraded to 2007 from 2006, and ugraded my money file in conjunction. I cannot update my online accounts anymore. When I read the call summary messages I usually get: Your account information is being updated, which may take a few minutes. If this message appears for more than five minutes, try again. Sometimes I get: "Update Unsuccessful", or the real fun one which says "Update in Progress", which stays even after I close and re-open Money This is for all 10+ of my accounts (banking, credit, etc.),...

Bill Reminders in 2005?
I just upgraded to Money 2005 (from 2003)and I cannot for the life of m figure out how to get the bill reminders to work.. In 2003 there wa that MoneyExpress program, but I don't see anything like that in 2005. I extended the reminder period out to 30 days and stil saw nothing. Help! Oh yeah, I would have searched the forums here, but I don't see search function anywhere -- adam7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adam75's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=281 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187057244 In micr...

[RESOLVED] Money 05 OFX import?
Guys, I finally had enough of this problem and went thru the OFX, transaction by transaction, to find out WTF is wrong with Money 2005. As usual, it's something stupid: if your OFX statement has an & in it, Money 2005 can't import the OFX file. I guess they're using an XML parser which doesn't like that very much. To "fix" this, change your file association for OFX to notepad, replace any &'s with something else, and save the fixed OFX to the desktop, then import it manually with Money. I'll call MS about this to let them know, but thought I'd...

Money 2k7 Home & Business: new account created every time I do upd
My PayPal Providian Visa card was updated with a name change, and is now the "Washington Mutual Credit Card (formerly Providian)". Not a problem; after the name change, I updated the info, and was getting online updates. For the last couple of weeks, however, every time I do an online update, Money creates a NEW account (typically called "Washington Mutual Credit Card (formerly Credit" or Washington Mutual Credit Card (formerly Credit #2"), and I merge the duplicate accounts - only to have money do it AGAIN on the next update! !@#$%^&*()!!!! The worst part...

How-to upgrade the trial version of MS Money Plus deluxe?
After upgrading to the full version of MM+ deluxe, both Money and Insight can't start - "Money has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify your if a solution is available"´. Anyone seen this before or has a pointer where I should check? I have re-installed after [de-installing, restarting, shutting down One-Live-Care and installing]. Same result. My system is: Dell XPS 1710, runs Vista Ultimate (US-EN), German Keyboard, OneLive care, IE8, 2GB RAM -- Daniel Kutchin In microsoft.publ...

"Floated" (or loaned) Money paid back in cash
All, I'm sure variations on this question have been asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer that makes sense in my situation. I have a cash account that I use for loaning money, borrowing money, etc. I call it Misc. Assets and Liabilities. I've used this successfully in the past when I've floated someone money--for example, I bought my mother's computer on my credit card. She sent me a check, I put the deposit against that account, and all was well. In my current situation, I pre-paid my volleyball team fees. The total was $360, $60 of which was for myself. ...

Stop Downloading Statements in Money 2004
I don't want to download statements in Money 2004. I've tried to find somewhere to stop this, but everytime I stop the statement downloads, I stop online bill pay. Is it possible to seperate the two? ...

Tax Estimator and Capital Gains on Money 2007
I have the tax estimator panel enabled on my home page. What I am seeing is that Money estimates the taxes that I currently owe but does not include any capital gains in that calculation. So, the tax number is not correct. I have tried to set this up but have not been successful. Can anyone help me to set this up? Or is there a bug in this version that needs to be fixed? Thanks. A "limitation" rather than a "bug"? -- Michael Gordon "Rajen Shah" <Rajen Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:688FA0E1-E532-49AF-8126-A002FB243369@micros...

Money 05
Is there a public site where all of us disgruntled users can go to find out what MS is doing to fix this program? This software has great potential, so I continue to endure its shortcomings. But my patience is wearing thin. If I knew that MS was listening to the complaints and taking action to adress them, I would hang on. Talk to us MS. What's up? This is a pretty public site! We occasionally get the MS Money guys posting here when they have something to say. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Money Essentials #6
How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essentials? -- faf In microsoft.public.money, faf wrote: >How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essentials? It cannot be done. See "*" note on http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=002&active_tab=Compare You don't. Money Essentials knows nothing about real Money files. Trade in Money Essentials For Deluxe. "faf" <faf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1E0E88-8B95-407F-8704-3B1EF4F08692@microsoft.com... > How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essential...