Money 2005 and IE 7

I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7

Any ideas please
0
oldnick1 (2)
10/27/2006 3:03:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote:

>I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7
>
>Any ideas please

In IE6, I would go to
Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and
uncheck "Require server verification...  ".  In the trusted sites
list I would add these:

  moneycentral.msn.com
  fdl.microsoft.com
  passport.com
  passport.net
  login.live.com
  g.msn.com
  money://

Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/27/2006 3:06:51 PM
I was also advised to do this, by a tech person on "chat" help, but
unfortunately it didn't work.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote:
>
> >I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7
> >
> >Any ideas please
>
> In IE6, I would go to
> Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and
> uncheck "Require server verification...  ".  In the trusted sites
> list I would add these:
>
>   moneycentral.msn.com
>   fdl.microsoft.com
>   passport.com
>   passport.net
>   login.live.com
>   g.msn.com
>   money://
>
> Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
> Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.

0
gillman (6)
10/27/2006 3:59:02 PM
BTW -- Apparently my problem is not with IE7.  I just uninstalled IE7 and
tried running the updates but that also didn't work.  Apologies for butting
into this discussion!

"gillman" wrote:

> I was also advised to do this, by a tech person on "chat" help, but
> unfortunately it didn't work.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote:
> >
> > >I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7
> > >
> > >Any ideas please
> >
> > In IE6, I would go to
> > Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and
> > uncheck "Require server verification...  ".  In the trusted sites
> > list I would add these:
> >
> >   moneycentral.msn.com
> >   fdl.microsoft.com
> >   passport.com
> >   passport.net
> >   login.live.com
> >   g.msn.com
> >   money://
> >
> > Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
> > Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.

0
gillman (6)
10/27/2006 6:32:01 PM
I believe that 2005 Standard has a 2 year limit on updates.  If you
installed 2005 Standard more than two years ago the update feature will have
timed out.  If you have a different version of Money or you installed it
less than two years ago, your problem is obviously different.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"gillman" <gillman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> BTW -- Apparently my problem is not with IE7.  I just uninstalled IE7 and
> tried running the updates but that also didn't work.  Apologies for
> butting
> into this discussion!
>
> "gillman" wrote:
>
>> I was also advised to do this, by a tech person on "chat" help, but
>> unfortunately it didn't work.

>> > In IE6, I would go to
>> > Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and
>> > uncheck "Require server verification...  ".  In the trusted sites
>> > list I would add these:
>> >
>> >   moneycentral.msn.com
>> >   fdl.microsoft.com
>> >   passport.com
>> >   passport.net
>> >   login.live.com
>> >   g.msn.com
>> >   money://
>> >
>> > Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
>> > Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.

0
Privacy1 (389)
10/28/2006 4:32:51 AM
Thanks to all who tried to help, but I have now discovered the trouble was
caused by settings in my Comodo Fire Wall.

0
oldnick1 (2)

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Email not working when called from IE or a directory file
When I right click on a file in a directory (such as a photo) I get a menu that includes 'Send to' and an option to 'Mail recipient'. When I click on that it used to launch an email composition window from Outlook and the file is an attachment. For some reason, that function has stopped working. I checked my Outlook preferences and the box designating Outlook as the default email client is checked. I am using Outlook 2003 SP1 and this problem has just started in the last week. My OS is XP Home 5.1.2600. In addition, if I am using Internet Explorer (IE) and try to email a ...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

MSN Bill Pay #7
Are there additional fees for using MSN Bill Pay with Deluxe 2006? I thought a user got 2 years of Bill Pay with Deluxe 2006, but I want to be sure. Thanks in advance for your time. ...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Nothing about Dynamics GP 10.0 Upgrade SQL Server 2005 to 2008?
Good evening. We previously received a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 standard installation disk from Microsoft and that is it. I can not find any clear instructions on how to take upgrade a GP 10.0 running on Win Svr 2003 with SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008. Any thoughts? Is it just back up your data, stick the disk in and follow the prompts? It can not be that easy. :-) -- Thanks, KevB KevB, My 2 cents would be to not upgrade an existing SQL Server instance. Instead I would install a new instance of SQL Server 2008 and follow the instructions in this KB article: https://mbs...

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Live Mail - smapi.dll
I'm an MS Access developer. I've use VBA code to access Windows Live Mail. In Vista the smapi.dll file worked for me. In Windows 7 the smapi.dll file no longer works for me. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the smapi.dll files from Vista to Windows 7? More specifically, in Vista smapi.dll is located here: c:\program files\windows live\mail\smapi.dll In Windows 7 smapi.dll is located here: c:\program files (x86)\windows live\mail\smapi.dll In my VBA code I have the following... 'Declarations below: '************************** ' CONS...

Calendars #7
How do I circle a date on a calendar. When I try to add a circle over a date the date moves over. The "layering" techinique does not work because the calendar is a table. HELP! What calendar are you using? Have you added objects? Shouldn't matter if it is a table. I can circle dates and text without issue. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Asphalt" <Asphalt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD60B24-0BE0-4D6D-B857-8C5FE0E2A1C8@microsoft.com... &g...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...