Money 2005 "additional progam files are being downloaded"...NOT

I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after
leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem).

I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that
additional modules are being downloaded.

Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround?

suzy
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

What is the patch level on your money 2005?  Got to Help About and the
last three digits of my version following the download is .825

suzy c wrote:

> I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after
> leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem).
>
> I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that
> additional modules are being downloaded.
>
> Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround?
>
> suzy

0
art4580 (318)
9/19/2004 9:28:21 PM
Same.

Joe Guidera
jguidera@msn.com.remove
Beta 240949
"Art McClinton" <art@nova.org> wrote in message
> What is the patch level on your money 2005?  Got to Help About and the
> last three digits of my version following the download is .825
>
> suzy c wrote:
>
>> I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after
>> leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem).
>>
>> I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that
>> additional modules are being downloaded.
>>
>> Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround?
>>
>> suzy

0
jguidera (124)
9/19/2004 10:00:20 PM
Go to File/Passoword Manager.  Sign in using the email address you
provided when you downloaded Money.  It should download the additional
files in less than 5 minutes (broadband) and then ask you to restart.

Good luck.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:28:21 -0400, Art McClinton <art@nova.org>
wrote:

>What is the patch level on your money 2005?  Got to Help About and the
>last three digits of my version following the download is .825
>
>suzy c wrote:
>
>> I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after
>> leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem).
>>
>> I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that
>> additional modules are being downloaded.
>>
>> Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround?
>>
>> suzy

0
me994 (146)
9/20/2004 1:25:54 AM
Did you buy M2005 on-line?

If so the problem is that you are not supposed to be able to do so until
27th Sept. The link you used effectively goes nowhere. MS made a mistake in
setting up a partial on-line purchase system. You need to go back to M2004
until after 27th.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"suzy c" <scoltraine69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after
> leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem).
>
> I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that
> additional modules are being downloaded.
>
> Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround?
>
> suzy

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)
9/20/2004 9:20:58 PM
Apparently Microsoft caught this error too.  Over the weekend the
"Order Money" page (http://www.microsoft.com/money/order.aspx)
included a link allowing downloads of Premium, Deluxe, and Standard
(but not Small Business).  I downloaded the installation file (about
700KB) and Money downloaded the remaining modules without any problem.
The current Order Now page allows you to Order -- but not Download
Now.

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:20:58 +0100, "Bob Peel, MVP"
<Bob_Peel@NO_SPAMkiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Did you buy M2005 on-line?
>
>If so the problem is that you are not supposed to be able to do so until
>27th Sept. The link you used effectively goes nowhere. MS made a mistake in
>setting up a partial on-line purchase system. You need to go back to M2004
>until after 27th.

0
me994 (146)

Money 2005 "additional progam files are being downloaded"...NOT
I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem). I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that additional modules are being downloaded. Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround? suzy What is the patch level on your money 2005? Got to Help About and the last three digits of my version following the download is .825 suzy c wrote: > I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after > leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem). > > I cannot ge...