money 2005 - a warning

Just a recommendation to all potential money 2005 purchasers...don't do it!

Look around the message boards and you'll see countless examples of the
program ruining peoples data; unfortunately, I'm one of those people to.

Ever since i installed the program it has been updating my information on
MSN Money as well.  Everything was fine until I wanted to stop doing this and
use Money 2005 independently of the web service.  When I tried to erase the
data from MSN server I couldn't.  Then, when Money 2005 opens up my file it
connects to the server and all hell breaks lose.  My checking account goes
from 1,000+ to 8000-, my stock and bond purchases disappear, bills appear
that need paying yet they were due 5 months ago, etc.

Anyways, I've repeadetly tried to fix this problem but Msoft does not even
respond to continuous emails.  Tech support sucks, online synchronization
sucks, and money 2005 sucks.

Stick with the older version and I'll never, ever buy another Msoft product
brand new until I read message boards like these to see what other people say
about the product.

Just some advice..take it to heart...seriously.
0
site400 (3)
11/4/2004 6:12:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Turn off data access warning
I have publisher files that are linked to a Microsoft Access Table. Everytime I open one of these publisher files I get a warning that asks if I want to open the publication and access the external data. Is there any way to turn off this warning? Not sure any of these articles will be helpful Description of Office features that are intended to enable collaboration and that are not intended to increase security http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822924/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us...

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

MSSQL$MICROSOTBCM warning messsage
Hi, I recently installed Bisiness Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 and noticed that I get the following warning message in Event Viewer/Applications: The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355. The only relevant information I fo...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

out of stock warning needs improvement
When picking up a Work Order containing items RMS thinks are out of stock, it will display a warning. The warning does not specify what item(s), it just says something like "This item is out of stock. Would you like to continue?" It would be more helpful if the warning specified what items are out of stock. That way one could check into the matter -- it could simply be that a PO was not yet received but that an item was taken out of the box for the customer. Alternately, it could indicate a wrong inventory quantity. Note: this issue does not apply to standard transactions (whe...

Nothing about Dynamics GP 10.0 Upgrade SQL Server 2005 to 2008?
Good evening. We previously received a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 standard installation disk from Microsoft and that is it. I can not find any clear instructions on how to take upgrade a GP 10.0 running on Win Svr 2003 with SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008. Any thoughts? Is it just back up your data, stick the disk in and follow the prompts? It can not be that easy. :-) -- Thanks, KevB KevB, My 2 cents would be to not upgrade an existing SQL Server instance. Instead I would install a new instance of SQL Server 2008 and follow the instructions in this KB article: https://mbs...

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...

MS Money 2006 and Money for PPC
I have installed MS Money2006 trial version and microsoft money for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 operative system,device i-mate JASJAR. i can't sinchronize both money data pn PC and PPC and all the time ther is window with message "reading device databases". With Windows Mobile 2003 SE with same softwares there was no problems. I'm using also ZoneAlarm Firewall. If somebody know solution, I will appreciate it! Thanks in advance. Davor Opic P.S. Please, if you want, answer on my email addres: davor.opic@po.htnet.hr ...