Money 2004 standard

I have Window me, I have been using money 2001 & i have
been trying to up to 2004.  Upon installing it gets as far
as 64% and stops. It says "installing interent explorer 6
web browser". Do I have to uninstall 2001 befor I install
2004?  I received no errors.  I also stoped my anti-virus
protection. My PC is about one year old. I need help, Thank you
0
harperrw (1)
10/11/2003 12:02:06 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You shouldn't have to. However, you might want to install IE6 independently
before trying the Money installation. Go into the IE directory on the CD and
run the ie6setup.exe file from there.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Richard" <harperrw@appstate.edu> wrote in message
> I have Window me, I have been using money 2001 & i have
> been trying to up to 2004.  Upon installing it gets as far
> as 64% and stops. It says "installing interent explorer 6
> web browser". Do I have to uninstall 2001 befor I install
> 2004?  I received no errors.  I also stoped my anti-virus
> protection. My PC is about one year old. I need help, Thank you

0
glyn1 (1534)

Money 2004 doesn't list available CD-R/CD-RW to back up to....
In Money 2004, why wouldn't it list an available CD-RW to back up to in the drop down box at Tools/Options/Backup? According to this article in the MS Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=265130&Product=mny http://tinyurl.com/4bzoj ....it should list it, and on another machine that I have Money 2004 installed on, it lists the A: and a ZIP drive I have installed as D:, but no CD-RW drive. What am I missing that's keeping these two machines from seeing the CD-R/CD-RW as an available drive to write to? -- bill evans WHEvansIIINO@SPAMcharter.net Ha...

See reader's reviews of Money 2005 at Amazon
I just visited Amazon's website to read how their customers rated Money 2005. It appears most hate it. I now do after three days of frustration with a newly installed and ineptness of help from Microsoft. I will remove my copy and go back to 2002 when I am sure I don't make things worse. You may wish to go to this Amazon Money 2005 review site: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B0002D1572/ref=cm_rev_all_1/103-6391682-0548618?%5Fencoding=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=software Here is a cut and paste of just one of the comments: Worst piece of crap ever from Mi...

Money 2001
Money 2001 came bundled w/my HP Pavillion (which is a little over a year old). When I try to launch Money I get a series of messages saying that mpcont.dll may be corrupt, and MSMoney caused an error in ofdutil.dll... Says I should reinstall Money, but when I tried to do this I'm getting the following error: 'Error 1408. Could not get sub key names for key software\microsoft\money\9.0. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personnel." HP Customer Support said they'd have to charge me about $30, which is more than it would cost to p...

2010 and beyond Holdays are not importing in 2004 calendar
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop 2010 and beyond Holdays are not importing in 2004 calendar? <br> Please advise > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348671999_7771509 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On 2/10/10 6:23 PM, in article 59bb2a0f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "4sure@officeformac.com" <4sure@officeformac.com> wrote: > 20...

Reported Positions don't match Money Account
I've been downloading my stock portfolio details for years with no problem. For some reason one of my brokerage accounts has gotten out of whack - Money is reporting "Positions reported....don't match those in your money account". If I don't update and manually compare the account summary with my online statement, every quantity for every symbol matches exactly. Yet for some reason, Money thinks it can only fix this problem by creating an empty symbol and inserting some shares. I think that somehow money is trying to map a few new transactions into the wrong ac...

Money 2006: Setting up fidelity netbenefits w/ 401(k) and ESPP acc
Hi - I purchased Money2006 last week and set it up with my credit and bank accounts. I added Fidelity Netbenefits - where I have a 401(k) and a ESPP account - same company. However, Money only pulls the transactions from my 401k account. I don't see a way of setting it up so it also works with the ESPP account. The ESPP account in fidelity doesn't seem to have an account number. Any ideas? thanks Rodney "Rodney" <Rodney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C91BDBBA-AF8C-44DF-BB7E-CD5293D4A26A@microsoft.com... > Hi - I purchased Money2006 last we...

PowerPoint 2004 replaces charcters with black squares when printed- PPT v.X does not
After installing Office 2004, I tried to print a PowerPoint technical document (138 pages) that I had originally generated in PowerPoint v.X. Many of the 2004 print pages contained black squares in place of the actual character. I used Helvetica for the text, had embedded graphics generated by Canvas X, and MathType 5.1 for equation generation. Some of the imported graphics which had text also showed the "black death" phemnomenum. Note when I printed the document under PPT v.X everything came out perfectly. I am running a dual 2 GHz G5 Macintosh with 3.5 GB RAM under OS 10.4.3 (Tig...

How do I get the budget part of Microsoft Money to work?
I'm trying to work with my budget in Microsoft Money and am running into all sorts of problems. 1) I have multiple accounts set up in Money but I want ONLY ONE account to be reflected in the budget. I have gone to every category's page and have selected my cash flow be for that one account and yet it continues to show other transactions from my other accounts in my budget. How do I get to do only one? 2) It doesn't seem to reflect accurate information when I look at a report. For example, I have a category I budgeted 70 dollars in. My report says I've only spent 91 cent...

Money Not Crashing Anymore
Suddenly it stopped crashing when I exited. The only thing I did was install the latest Win98SE update to fix the Media Player. For whatever reason, thanks Bill. Tony Make the appropriate sacrificial offering and be grateful! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "TonyK" <tonyk73@msn.com> wrote in message news:e5qr$7nPGHA.964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Suddenly it stopped crashing when I exited. The...

Can't redownload money!!!
Hi. I recently upgraded to money 2004 Deluxe from the trial version. I recently reinstalled my system and need to reinstall money. I can't get the trial version to upgrade. I have my activation number and I found a knowledge base article about this. However after I follow the link, put in my activation code and hit submit, I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. Does someone have the correct link so I can redownload this??? I had that same problem a couple weeks ago. I tried it again and again with no luck. Then the next day it was working again, and told me I had exceeded ...

Money Update #2
I am trying to re update my Money 2002 to 2003 Deluxe I had to reformat my computer and now need to re update I have a activation # but I dont know how to go about using it In microsoft.public.money, tamib wrote: >I am trying to re update my Money 2002 to 2003 Deluxe I had to reformat my >computer and now need to re update I have a activation # but I dont know how >to go about using it See what happens if you enter you code into http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp Let us know what happens. When I put my code into the update box it tells me you canno...

What do you use for Payee when moving money from one acct to anoth
I have a bunch of different things for Payee when I transfer money around. Sometimes I have myself listed, sometimes the account, sometimes, simply "transfer." What do you guys use? In microsoft.public.money, db wrote: >I have a bunch of different things for Payee when I transfer money around. >Sometimes I have myself listed, sometimes the account, sometimes, simply >"transfer." > >What do you guys use? If I enter it by hand, I usually leave it blank. I use my first name or my wife's, depending on which account the transfer is linked to. &q...

Dictionnairy for Swiss German
I both Office 2004. Where can I get a dictionairy for swiss german? Hi , Under word menu preferences Spelling and grammer tab click on dictionaries button where you will have Language dropdown menu where you can choose language for dictionary Mahesh "Thomas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:433c01c47fe5$f0bad170$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I both Office 2004. > Where can I get a dictionairy for swiss german? > ...

Can I install Money on 3 Computers
I currently have Money 2002 Deluxe and I'm thinking of upgrading to 2006. I have money installed on 3 computers in my home. Would I be able to install the program on all three computers and activate them all or would I have to buy 3 separate packages of Microsoft Money. Thanks, Len If I remember correctly the license allows you to install on a PC and a Notebook. So strictly you need a second copy for the third PC. PS you do not activate Money in the same way as MS Office or Windows XP. All registration gets you is a load of spam from MS marketing. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft...

Money 99 Lockups
When I try to enter a new transaction in an account, the whole lower portion of screen with the details blanks out and the computer/Money 99 Lockups up. I tried to re- install and remove and install Money 99 again. Same thing occurs. Please send some suggestions! Tahnk You! Does it work in a new file or maybe even other accounts? If it does not work in a new file, take a look at the corruption FAQs: http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=14 "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1802b01c41a8d$df47c4b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to ente...

Problem with Money 2003 report
I am trying to make a report with Money 2003, I hae used this program for some time. I used Money 2002 prior to this. Up till now I have been ale to make a report by going to "Reports", "What I Have", "Account Balance History". Now I am getting a error message "There Has Been an Error Reading or Writing the File '.'" and a small window apperars "MSMONEY, with a yellow triangle and a !" When clicking the OK box or the Close X, nothing happens. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close it out. Can someone help. I need to ma...

Money 2005 charts
Just wondering if i should buy Money 2005... I know Money can generate bar graphs and pie graphs, but will it create line graphs of expenses/account balances? I just find this easier to view all of it on one graph with different lines. Some standard reports e.g. Net worth over time are already line graphs, and for most others you can customise the display type. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Andrew Rooke&quo...

Money 2004
I've got a handful of transactions that when money autocompletes them, they have no category or an incorrect category. Everytime I go back and correct the category, but the next time, my corrections never show up. How can I get the corrections to stick? Or delete the existing autocomplete entry so I can recreate it. Thanks. Ray. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Money 98 gain
Why is the performance report showing a gain on an investment in which I actually have a loss. For example Cost 1000 Div Reinvestment 773 Total Cost Basis 1773 Value @ 9/30 1275 Performance report showing gain of 275 when it should be a loss of 520? Thanks, Mary In microsoft.public.money, Mary wrote: >Why is the performance report showing a gain on an >investment in which I actually have a loss. For example > >Cost 1000 >Div Reinvestment 773 >Total Cost Basis 1773 >Value @ 9/30 1275 > >Performance report showing gain of 275 when it should be a >loss of...

Hebrew Support in Office 2004
I am new with Mac. I buyed Office 2004 in Mexico and I need to use hebrew for my work. I want to know if there is a posibility of making Office 2004 capable of reading and writing in hebrew. If not, please tell me if there is another way to do it. I really need this. I also want to know if there is a right to left option in Office 2004 for Mac, because as you know, you write hebrew from right to left. Waiting for a quick answer Beto Maya There is no right to left. Office 2004 should display Hebrew characters, but it does not really support the language. If you use Google Groups to searc...

Money Synchronization Problems
I have been using Money 2003 for Pocket PC for a few months as the main tool for keeping track of my finances. I have recently installed Money 2003 on my laptop but I'm unable to synchronize. When I synchronize, my money data on the Pocket PC gets wiped out and I have to restore it from a backup on the Pocket PC. Here is what I tried: 1- Installed Money 2003 to the default directory on the laptop 2- Reinstalled activesync 3.7 3- Reinstalled Money for pocket PC and made sure it installs to default directories on both the Pocket PC and the laptop 4- Followed the synchronize instructions in t...

Money Deluxe 2003 #2
I have 3 bank accounts set with positive starting balance and debit transactions in each but still with positive ending balances. However the value for each when I look at the account list is approx -$260,162,607,883,900. I can't find any logic as to how this number was arrived at. In microsoft.public.money, ET wrote: >I have 3 bank accounts set with positive starting balance >and debit transactions in each but still with positive >ending balances. However the value for each when I look at >the account list is approx -$260,162,607,883,900. I can't >find any log...

Office Professional 2004
I ordered the Office Professional upgrade 2004 several months ago. I = hear=20 that it's been released. So why haven't I received it yet. I did hear = that=20 perhaps the Professional Version is not finished yet. Does anyone know = if=20 this is true? Thanks for any help In article <31e501c46508$7c0f2e90$7d02280a@phx.gbl>, "Dan Mueller" <kyriem@sio.midco.net> wrote: > I ordered the Office Professional upgrade 2004 several months ago. I hear > that it's been released. So why haven't I received it yet. I did hear that > perhaps the Professional...

Mappoint 2004
We have a list of 500 properties that we are trying to load into mappoint. Our properties are numbered from 1 to 500. We would like to have the property number appear on the map instead of one of the pushpins, dots etc. Is this possible? If this is not possible, how can I get the pushpin to be named something other than the street address? ...

Money Deluxe 2004
I purchased Money Deluxe 2004 on Thursday, installed it that evening converted my MS Money 2003 file and was rewarded with an inability to enter my accounts from the "Account List". I can access these accounts but not through the "List". I receive an Error Message that re- starts the program and asks to send a "Report" off to Microsoft with all the gory details. I'm not sure how this report will help, as, after reviewing the contents, I don't see any reference to me at all. I sent in a request for e-mail support that evening and have not been cont...