Money 2004 illegal operation error

Hi,
Recently, about a week ago, whenever I close my Money 2004 program I get an
illegal operation error as follows; MSN has caused an invalid page fault in
Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff9db61. I have checked everywhere I can think of to
find the problem with no results. This only occurs when I close the program.
Sometimes when I click close on the error message it goes away and I can
continue normally, other times the error message just keeps popping right
back and I have to reboot to get rid of it.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.
I am using Windows 98se and IE 6.0.
Thank you for your time,
John S.
0
john6769 (1)
11/29/2004 8:05:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Sorry John,

Your're not likely to get many replies.  There are so many things that can
cause page fault's in 98 it isn't even funny.  98 and money 05 should have
been bundled together now that I think about it;)

Have you done security updates and maybe the problem started after that?
Any new programs installed?  General OS rot could be an issue as well.  You
might try reinstalling Money, but I think the problem comes from 98.  Which
if you search for illegal operation + Win98 or invalid page fault + win98 on
google you can read until you are an old man and not have a resolution.

"John S" <john@sampley.net(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Recently, about a week ago, whenever I close my Money 2004 program I get
> an
> illegal operation error as follows; MSN has caused an invalid page fault
> in
> Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff9db61. I have checked everywhere I can think of to
> find the problem with no results. This only occurs when I close the
> program.
> Sometimes when I click close on the error message it goes away and I can
> continue normally, other times the error message just keeps popping right
> back and I have to reboot to get rid of it.
> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.
> I am using Windows 98se and IE 6.0.
> Thank you for your time,
> John S.

Two computers, one Money file.

Error Code: 0x80246002 02-27-10
this error code appears when i try to install update: Windows XP x64 Edition Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB978207) i tried the 2 methods on the microsoft website to no avail. Any ideas? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed IE8? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the comput...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

previously functional Office 2004 now won't launch after Mac OS updates
Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 applications and cannot open any of my files. Any advice? Thanks, Mark On 6/27/07 1:02 PM, in article 1182974541.212063.281740@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "breadhead420@gmail.com" <breadhead420@gmail.com> wrote: > Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X > Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). > Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 app...

money 2002 #26

error with big email
my outlook 2003 for some reason gives me this error: AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp: 3f130f0 ModName:outllib.dll ModVer:11.0.5608.0 ModStamp: 3f35d24e fDebug:0 Offset:0013ce97 Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Randy Your subjects states, "error with big mail", are you trying to send a large email, or receiving one, or something of that nature? >-----Original Message----- >my outlook 2003 for some reason gives me this error: >AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp: 3f130f0 >ModName:outllib.dll ModVer:11.0.5608.0 ModStamp: ...

money 2005 #11

SMTP errors #2
We just recently migrated from 5.5 to 2003, a few users are occasionally receiving this error when sending messages out and I'm not sure what to do about it: Any idea what would be the problem? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: jwinston@scadirect.com on 11/03/2004 12:49 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ExchNY.nycpdc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <jwinston@scadirect.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [209.73.208.162]> -- Thanks The recei...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

CCheckList box causes Debug Assertion Error (WintCtr3.cpp Line 41)
Hello, I am developing an activeX ctrl using MFC (VS.NET 2003). While using a CheckListBox in one of the dialogs, the dialog is shown but an Debug Assertion error pops up (Wintctrl3.cpp line 41). The List Box has following properties set: Ownerdraw - Fixed HasStrings - True Sort - False Selection - Single. Am I missing some specific attribute while using checklistbox? Thanks, Punit. "Punit" <punitparikh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7dbbecea.0503090519.1a5fcf1f@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I am developing an activeX ctrl using MFC (VS.NET 2003). While usi...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Advance Filter Error Message?
Excel 2000 ... I have 1 single stand-alone Column (Q) where I am trying to get unique records ... Issue is ... I keep getting the following error message pop-up. "Extract File Name missing or invalid" I do not recall ever getting this error message before & have no clue what it means or why the data or structure is causing this? I have nothing extraordinary here ... Any ideas? ... Thanks ... Kha I haven't seen that error message either. One thought.. Excel assigns the name "Extract" to the range that the unique list is created in. You might look at it in ...

Problems with Money 2005

Trying to change the picture name in VBA is giving me permission error
I have something like this Sheet1.Shapes(i).Name = "picture" + cstr(i) But it gives me an permission error (70) Anyway around this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com That should work unless that name already belongs to another shape. I get a permission denied error too in that case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Error message when downloading
I get an error message when I try to download from outlook saying process "timed out." One FAQ mentioned changing settings on a certain router but it is not the one I use. My ISP says Outlook may be corrupted. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

MSCRMAddressBook Error
I've Installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 and the Outlook tools and everything worked fine for about two days. Now I'm getting the following error when I startup Windows and of course CRM for outlook never loads. ***Begin **************************************************** An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could not be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM server availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005. Context=Access check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940. ******End*********************************...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?