Money 2004: How do I remove some MF from my portfolio?

I track my 403(b) mutual fund accounts in MS Money 2004 Deluxe.  Recently I
consolidated some poorly performing MF's into fewer, but better performing
MF's.  Whenever I get into Money it automatically connections to Fidelity
and downloads updated financial statements.  I would have thought that it
would "notice" that I had moved the money from some different mutual funds
into other, but it hasn't.  Instead MS Money thinks that all of the money
still exists, in the old funds and in the new funds.

Why is that?  And how do I fix it?

Rod

0
Rod9506 (98)
9/10/2005 2:27:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Publisher 2004?
Hi Thinking about upgrading from 2002 to 2003 but due to the high cost would prefer to hold off until the next release. Does anyone know when 2004 is due? Thanks Current scuttlebutt has it sometime in 2006 but you know how that goes........ -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Angelina" <palmtree@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:ekVNrGEzEHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi > Thinking about upgrading from 2002 to 2003 but due to the high cost would > prefer to hold off until the next release. > Does anyone know when 2004 is due? > Thanks &g...

Upgrading from Money 98 Canadian Edition
I am currenlty using and have been for several years Money 98 Financial Suite Canadian Edition. I want to download info from my bank, ect. so I have down loaded the Money 2006 Deluxe Trial version. When I attempt to open My Money file from the 98 version with 2006 a message comes up to send error report which send me to a blank screen. I have tried restoring from a backup file as well as repairing the file all with similiar results. Any suggestions? -- Don In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >I am currenlty using and have been for several years Money 98 Financial Suite >Canadi...

Database Will Not Migrate or Repair
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have a fully functional version of Office 2004 - with all of the latest updates - with an Entourage database that is about 10.5 gb. I was able to install 2008 and without any problems. When I go to start Entourage 2008 it went through a very long process to upgrade the messages and then at the very end indicates that there is a problem accessing the data and to repair the database. (it does not show up in the 2008 repair utility) When I go back to 2004 and do a verify there are no problems reported. I can compact the...

Problem with money 2002
Hi, I can't seem to get my monthly spending thermometer to work. For example, I've logged into my register this month about $100 in the catagory gasoline but the "thermometer" on the bottom of the register says you've spent $0 on gasoline this month. I've exhausted all the help options and set the proper FYI options but I still can't get it to read right. It even says it should display if I don't have a budget set up yet so that can't be it either. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeff ...

upgrade to Money 2000
Hello, I recently received an e-mail from my bank stating that they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000. I have enjoyed the use of this program, however do NOT wish to lose any financial information I have saved. When I upgrade ... 1. Do I delete the OLD Money program first ? Saving my *.mny file for upgrade purposes. 2. Do I leave the program installed and let the new money over-right the old program ? thanks for your help, Jason Either one will work. Always have backups, regardless. Were I you, I'd find a copy of M04 while you can. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm ...

Money error #2
I'm getting the following error when I run Money 2000, never got it before: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library Runtime error Program c:\program files\microsoft money\system\msmoney.exe abnormal program termination. How do I fix this? It is Money 2000 on a Win 98SE Pentium 3. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Amy Gray <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<723770t14fj6gogioanp17ib179g447na0@4ax.com&...

HELP! Money Files and Backup files lost!!
I had a computer guy work on my computer and asked him to consolidate folders because we had folders all over the place and I wanted them all in a centralized location. As a result, Money can't find my files. I tried doing a search for *.mbf & *.mny files to no avail. The files that show up are EMPTY!! AND as luck would have it, BOTH my backup floppies are corrupt!! Can anyone help me find my files? The computer guy insists that he deleted nothing. I'm using Microsoft Money 2001. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as we're talking about 8 years of finanacial d...

Money 2000 windows 98 security settings problem
When I try to start money 2000, I get a messages that says "There is a problem with your windows security settings. Money can not open a data file, or create a new file. Let money help you fix this problem." When you click to get the help suggested, you are instructed to find "rsabase.dll" and note it's location, which I did, then go to run and enter "regsvr32c:\windows\system\rsabase.dll" which I did, but I get a response that says "unable to open this internet shortcut, The protocol regsvr32c does not have a registered program. So I am stuck...

How to remove history?
How can I delete the Internet Explorer History folder (e.g., C:\Windows\History). SHGetSpecialFolderPath() will return the path of the Internet History folder but how do you delete the entries? Thanks! See if this old thread from the google archive helps you http://tinyurl.com/fmvy -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "~Mark F." <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4FMLa.31391$hV.1946747@twister.austin.rr.com... > How can I delete the Internet Explorer History folder (e.g., > C:\Windows\History). SHGetSpecialFolder...

SSL port removed form IIS autometiclly
HI I have one problem with my OWA I have enable the SSL on my OWA (running on Frount-end) and its working fine. Problem is this after every day SLL port seeting form IIS is removed autometically and OWA is not accessible by users aand i have to manually give SSL port in OWA virtual server the next day. In Exchange system manager HTTP virtual server SSL port setting is disabled and i can not configure SLL port from Exchange System Manager. I am not using the default http virtual server in owa. Can nay one help Try exporting the certificate. Then remove the certificate and them import...

Rollback 2005 to 2004
Hi: I would spare you all the details of how disappointing the "upgrade" has been. In fact my posting title says it all. So, the question is, what does it really take to go back to Money 2004? I "upgraded" (heh, I can't type "upgrade" without typing the quotes) abou two weeks back and I know Money creates a backup file. So, is it simply a matter or uninstalling the software and re-installing Money 2004 and then pointing it to the My Money.M12 (I have a .M11 file too. Created in 2003). I think I would rename the file to a .MNY extension and I should be al...

How to create a blank storage group and also remove storage groups
Hello everyone, I have moved my mailboxes to another server but I will still like to keep the previous server running for the SMTP gateway and site connectors, etc. I like to get rid of the storage goups first. Can I just go and delete the mailbox stores and then the storage groups, or is there any other process I need to do? Also I know I have to keep the default "First storage group/Mailbox Store (servername)" alive for the services to run since the system attendent account is on it, but I like to empty the database. Although I have moved all the mailboxes but the dat...

how can i remove the template?
i want to use my old backgrounds, but i can't remove the templates Excel stores templates in this folder with .xlt extensions. C:\documents and settings\<user>\application data\microsoft\templates You can locate and remove your template here. -- C01d ------------------------------------------------------------------------ C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34422 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544036 ...

Money 2005
Recently up-graded to Money 2005 from 2004. When I started my computer in 04 my bills and deposits were displayed. In 05 they are not. I have set the option for the display but find it only on the Home Page. Am I doing something incorrectly? Any help appreciated. GOD BLESS -- Tom aa_FLHTCUI_00@hotmail.com_aa (Remove aa to reply) In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >Recently up-graded to Money 2005 from 2004. When I started my computer in 04 >my bills and deposits were displayed. In 05 they are not. I have set the >option for the display but find it only...

MONEY 2005 problems. How to return for refund?
Transitioned from MONEY 2003 to MONEY 2005. 1st issue... even when selecting the option to "Work Offline" MONEY 2005 continues to "call home" to Microsoft if your computer is connected to the internet. You can verify this "feature" if you have a personal firewall installed. 2nd issue... with the option selected to display internet information using my default browser, MONEY 2005 continues to display the information within MONEY 2005. Does anyone no how to return MONEY 2005 to Microsoft for a refund? Personally I'm tired of purchasing thei...

Is there a Money manual?
It's been so long since I first installed Money that I don't remember a manual. I'm getting pretty detailed now (several businesses) and I need it. Is there a good reference manual available? Try the help files inside money. or money support site http://tinyurl.com/w41y >-----Original Message----- >It's been so long since I first installed Money that I >don't remember a manual. I'm getting pretty detailed now >(several businesses) and I need it. Is there a good >reference manual available? >. > Microsoft Money Homepage http://www.micr...

how to remove a password
I set a password so no one else can change anything in the database, but I need to remove the password. There are several ways/places to apply passwords. Here are the most common 2: You can apply a database password that users must supply when opening the file. (File must be open exclusively to make this change. Open Access >File>Open>Browse to file>click arrow on the "Open" button in the File Dialog and select "Open Exclusive") Then, in Access UI: Tools>Security>Unset Database Password: supply current password You can apply a password that would...

Microsoft Money 2003 #10
How do I install Microsoft Money 2003 over 2002? Just like you install any other application. M03 should detect the old version and uninstall it. The data file is separate and should not be touched until the new version starts and goes through the upgrade process. But having backups is ALWAYS a good idea in case strange things happen. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:746d01c43085$05bd6b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I install Microsoft Money 2003 over 2002? ...

How to stop money from adding duplicate entries?
Money seems to do this a number of places. The easiest example is when I enter an invoice, it will automatically add a new transaction to my checking account. I'd rather money not add any transactions anywhere, especially to accounts that are downloaded. Is there a way to just globally turn this "feature" off? -Max Money 2005 Business Also cannot seem to mark an invoice as paid WITHOUT adding a duplicate entry to an account. Anyway to get around this nonsense? This is why I hate using these Money/Tax programs! -Max "Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote i...

can't log on to money 2007.
I keep getting a message that I have enterd the wrong password or ID even thoguh they have been reset and I have verified them online. Any suggestions? I can't login to update online services. In microsoft.public.money, Ed wrote: >I keep getting a message that I have enterd the wrong password or ID even >thoguh they have been reset and I have verified them online. Any suggestions? >I can't login to update online services. Don't overwrite your backups. Money keeps 4 by default, but those could go quickly if you keep opening and closing Money by default. I don't ...

Money 2002 Stock Splits
I converted my Quicken financial file to Money after purchasing the product. Money does not show the correct total no. of shares for a stock even though it does tag individual entries with an "s" near the price for a stock split. How do I get it to use the stock splits correctly and report the correct no. of total shares? In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >I converted my Quicken financial file to Money after >purchasing the product. Money does not show the correct >total no. of shares for a stock even though it does tag >individual entries with an "s...

Portfolio view bug
I am running MS Money Deluxe 2006. I customize the portfolio view, then exit the application. The next time I start Money and go into the portfolio view, it's reset to the default. Aggravating. Anyone find this problem and/or a solution? PS- anybody else feel MS Money in general is fraught with bugs? I'm a software professional and while MS is not known for software innovation, I thought at least they'd ensure quality software, especially with personal finance products. In microsoft.public.money, tgl64 wrote: >I am running MS Money Deluxe 2006. > >I customize ...

Converting 2002 money files to 2006 files
When I attempt to open my 2002 version files in 2006 the conversion process stop in the middle and locks up money 2006 version? Anyone have any ideas? Try running a file repair from M2002 first. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Striker" <Striker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76D3E2D6-70AB-4070-BFFF-A8D03378B2CF@microsoft.com... > When I attempt to open my 2002 version files in 2...

What the heck is wrong with Money?
I've been having this problem for quite some time now and cannot justify buying ANOTHER upgrade until I know for sure one way or the other if this problem is correctible or not. At present I"m using money 2006 deluxe and am continuing to experience troubles with Debt Reduction Planner. It always says that I'm going to be out of debt at such and such a time if I pay X amount of dollars towards the debt. Example: Debt from one account being $3,248. There is NO forecast spending (not using the card). Forecasted Interest is $236. Total Spending & Interest $3,484. Mon...

Remove custom items from built in menu
Way back in the dim and distant past (last century actually) in the days of Excel 5, I added custom items to the built in Tools menu. Some time later, I added new Menus to the Menu bar and wished to remove the custom items from the Tools menu. However, I found that while removal was easy, when I shut down Excel and re-opened it, those custom items were back again. The years have gone by and Excel versions have come and gone, updated to Excel 97 and now to Office XP with all it's whistles and bells but yes, you've guessed it, those pesky custom entries are still there in the Tools men...