Money 2004 Deluxe does not work with windos vista business (32-bit)

I have money 2004 Deluxe (standalone version) and bookkeeping all my
financial stuff there for a four years.  I just upgrade to wondows
vista business 2004(32-bit) and install the money 2004 deluxe.  The
installation is smooth.  But it report some problems and vista close
it once I click the icon.  Is there any workaround or have I upgrade
to a new version.  The function in 2004 is pretty much enough for me
and I feel that I do not need any new function in newer version.  :(

0
zggame (6)
3/27/2007 6:50:36 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

BTW:  I also try to set it into the compatible mode as winXP and it
does not work either.

On Mar 27, 1:50 pm, "George" <zgg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have money 2004 Deluxe (standalone version) and bookkeeping all my
> financial stuff there for a four years.  I just upgrade to wondows
> vista business 2004(32-bit) and install the money 2004 deluxe.  The
> installation is smooth.  But it report some problems and vista close
> it once I click the icon.  Is there any workaround or have I upgrade
> to a new version.  The function in 2004 is pretty much enough for me
> and I feel that I do not need any new function in newer version.  :(

0
zggame (6)
3/27/2007 6:53:11 PM
In microsoft.public.money, George wrote:

>I have money 2004 Deluxe (standalone version) and bookkeeping all my
>financial stuff there for a four years.  I just upgrade to wondows
>vista business 2004(32-bit) and install the money 2004 deluxe.  The
>installation is smooth.  But it report some problems and vista close
>it once I click the icon.  Is there any workaround or have I upgrade
>to a new version.  The function in 2004 is pretty much enough for me
>and I feel that I do not need any new function in newer version.  :(

What error message do you get?

Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
IE Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.

Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let
any available updates happen.

Make sure your Money file is not in ProgramFiles folder. It should
be in a folder that is fully writable by the user, such as your
Documents/MyDocuments folder.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
3/27/2007 7:30:12 PM
Thanks for your suggestion.  I actually already have all your
suggestion on.  But it does not work either.   I start money, it seems
stop at the stage it tries to load up.  Then a window pops up with
"microsoft money has stopped working ....".  I have no way to set up
the file before this.

I check one of the error reporting file,   C:\Users\Pooh\AppData\Local
\Temp\WER6691.tmp.appcompat.txt, it looks like this

    <MATCHING_FILE NAME=3D"msmoney.exe" SIZE=3D"57344"
CHECKSUM=3D"0x1C600C1A" BIN_FILE_VERSION=3D"12.0.0.613"
BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION=3D"12.0.0.613" PRODUCT_VERSION=3D"12.00.0613"
FILE_DESCRIPTION=3D"Microsoft Money" COMPANY_NAME=3D"Microsoft Corp."
PRODUCT_NAME=3D"Microsoft=AE MSN Money Deluxe" FILE_VERSION=3D"12.00.0613"
ORIGINAL_FILENAME=3D"MSMoney.EXE" INTERNAL_NAME=3D"MSMoney"
LEGAL_COPYRIGHT=3D"Copyright =A9 Microsoft Corporation" VERDATEHI=3D"0x0"
VERDATELO=3D"0x0" VERFILEOS=3D"0x4" VERFILETYPE=3D"0x1" MODULE_TYPE=3D"WIN3=
2"
PE_CHECKSUM=3D"0x1CB81" LINKER_VERSION=3D"0x50002"
UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION=3D"12.0.0.613"
UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION=3D"12.0.0.613" LINK_DATE=3D"06/13/2003 13:39:06"
UPTO_LINK_DATE=3D"06/13/2003 13:39:06" VER_LANGUAGE=3D"English (United
States) [0x409]" />

On Mar 27, 2:30 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, George wrote:
> >I have money 2004 Deluxe (standalone version) and bookkeeping all my
> >financial stuff there for a four years.  I just upgrade to wondows
> >vista business 2004(32-bit) and install the money 2004 deluxe.  The
> >installation is smooth.  But it report some problems and vista close
> >it once I click the icon.  Is there any workaround or have I upgrade
> >to a new version.  The function in 2004 is pretty much enough for me
> >and I feel that I do not need any new function in newer version.  :(
>
> What error message do you get?
>
> Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
> IE Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.
>
> Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let
> any available updates happen.
>
> Make sure your Money file is not in ProgramFiles folder. It should
> be in a folder that is fully writable by the user, such as your
> Documents/MyDocuments folder.

0
zggame (6)
3/27/2007 9:44:55 PM
It is weird and should has something to do with the directory access.

Instead of starting the money from the software, I click a money file
in a normal folder and it does work.  I think the default one is in
the document.  And It probably causes some problem.  At least now I
can work partially.  Thanks.

It will be great if I can still work from the program file.  Is there
anyway to get this fixed?  Thanks.

wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, George wrote:
> >I have money 2004 Deluxe (standalone version) and bookkeeping all my
> >financial stuff there for a four years.  I just upgrade to wondows
> >vista business 2004(32-bit) and install the money 2004 deluxe.  The
> >installation is smooth.  But it report some problems and vista close
> >it once I click the icon.  Is there any workaround or have I upgrade
> >to a new version.  The function in 2004 is pretty much enough for me
> >and I feel that I do not need any new function in newer version.  :(
>
> What error message do you get?
>
> Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
> IE Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.
>
> Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let
> any available updates happen.
>
> Make sure your Money file is not in ProgramFiles folder. It should
> be in a folder that is fully writable by the user, such as your
> Documents/MyDocuments folder.

0
zggame (6)
3/27/2007 9:53:08 PM
What an interesting discovery.  I copy my money mny file into the
document directory and invoke money by click this money file.  Close
it.  Now I can start directly from the money 2004 program file.

So I guess the problem is the initiation of the program.  There must
be something during the initiation offend the vista and leads the
program to be closed.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

On Mar 27, 4:53 pm, "George" <zgg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is weird and should has something to do with the directory access.
>
> Instead of starting the money from the software, I click a money file
> in a normal folder and it does work.  I think the default one is in
> the document.  And It probably causes some problem.  At least now I
> can work partially.  Thanks.
>
> It will be great if I can still work from the program file.  Is there
> anyway to get this fixed?  Thanks.
>
> On Mar 27, 2:30 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
> wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, George wrote:
> > >I have money 2004 Deluxe (standalone version) and bookkeeping all my
> > >financial stuff there for a four years.  I just upgrade to wondows
> > >vista business 2004(32-bit) and install the money 2004 deluxe.  The
> > >installation is smooth.  But it report some problems and vista close
> > >it once I click the icon.  Is there any workaround or have I upgrade
> > >to a new version.  The function in 2004 is pretty much enough for me
> > >and I feel that I do not need any new function in newer version.  :(
>
> > What error message do you get?
>
> > Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
> > IE Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.
>
> > Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let
> > any available updates happen.
>
> > Make sure your Money file is not in ProgramFiles folder. It should
> > be in a folder that is fully writable by the user, such as your
> > Documents/MyDocuments folder.

0
zggame (6)
3/27/2007 9:59:36 PM
Vista "protects" certain folder such as the Program Files folders.
So, you should move all of your personal files and documents into the
Documents folder.

-Mark

"George" <zggame@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What an interesting discovery.  I copy my money mny file into the
> document directory and invoke money by click this money file.  Close
> it.  Now I can start directly from the money 2004 program file.
>
> So I guess the problem is the initiation of the program.  There must
> be something during the initiation offend the vista and leads the
> program to be closed.
>
> Thank you very much for your suggestion.
>
> On Mar 27, 4:53 pm, "George" <zgg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is weird and should has something to do with the directory access.
>>
>> Instead of starting the money from the software, I click a money file
>> in a normal folder and it does work.  I think the default one is in
>> the document.  And It probably causes some problem.  At least now I
>> can work partially.  Thanks.
>>
>> It will be great if I can still work from the program file.  Is there
>> anyway to get this fixed?  Thanks.
>>
>> On Mar 27, 2:30 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
>> wrote:

>> > What error message do you get?
>>
>> > Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in
>> > IE Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.
>>
>> > Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let
>> > any available updates happen.
>>
>> > Make sure your Money file is not in ProgramFiles folder. It should
>> > be in a folder that is fully writable by the user, such as your
>> > Documents/MyDocuments folder.

0
abcd7779 (838)
3/27/2007 11:13:34 PM
But the odd thing is that the first time money run, it tries to create
the file in document directory.  Or maybe it want to create some
hidden configuration file in "program file"?

On Mar 27, 6:13 pm, "Mark" <a...@abcd.com> wrote:
> Vista "protects" certain folder such as the Program Files folders.
> So, you should move all of your personal files and documents into the
> Documents folder.
>
> -Mark
>
> "George" <zgg...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > What an interesting discovery.  I copy my money mny file into the
> > document directory and invoke money by click this money file.  Close
> > it.  Now I can start directly from the money 2004 program file.
>
> > So I guess the problem is the initiation of the program.  There must
> > be something during the initiation offend the vista and leads the
> > program to be closed.
>
> > Thank you very much for your suggestion.
>
> > On Mar 27, 4:53 pm, "George" <zgg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> It is weird and should has something to do with the directory access.
>
> >> Instead of starting the money from the software, I click a money file
> >> in a normal folder and it does work.  I think the default one is in
> >> the document.  And It probably causes some problem.  At least now I
> >> can work partially.  Thanks.
>
> >> It will be great if I can still work from the program file.  Is there
> >> anyway to get this fixed?  Thanks.

0
zggame (6)

SBS 2003
Hi, We have a Windows 2003 SBS with SP2. We have been having problems with the IIS websites since last Tuesday. They will run correctly for a few days and then just stop. User's see the following message when they try to access the websites: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" The IIS websites will show up as "running" in IIS, and restarting the IIS services doesn't help, but if the server is rebooted everything will come up and work correctly for a few days. There are not any errors in the application log, and the W3SVC1 log does...

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Commissions not working
Yes The filter is set I have tried everything ...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

previously functional Office 2004 now won't launch after Mac OS updates
Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 applications and cannot open any of my files. Any advice? Thanks, Mark On 6/27/07 1:02 PM, in article 1182974541.212063.281740@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "breadhead420@gmail.com" <breadhead420@gmail.com> wrote: > Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X > Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). > Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 app...

money 2002 #26

working offline and getting a mail notification
Hello Can Any one let me know if it is possible to receive a mail notification while working offline. Thanks JB-- The working offline means that you are not connected to network even if network is present so i guess you cannot receive notification of new e-mail. however if you do any activity, such as send and receve e- mail it will ask you if you would like to go online. Irfan >-----Original Message----- >Hello Can Any one let me know if it is possible to >receive a mail notification while working offline. > >Thanks >JB-- >. > ...

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

My Mail Views have stopped working!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I really enjoy using the &quot;Mail Views&quot; at to show messages meeting various conditions. However, my Mail Views no longer display anything! I've even tried modifying one view to use very simple criteria but I get no messages. <br><br>Any help is appreciated. On 2/5/10 12:52 PM, sodajunkie@officeformac.com wrote: > I really enjoy using the "Mail Views" at to show messages meeting > various conditions. However, my Mail Views no longer d...

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

HELP!!! Message stuck in outbox! Large message
I have Outlook 2007, running on VISTA. I wanted to reply to a message, but I hit forward. the message has an 8meg attachment. This message is now stuck. I have tried to simply move the message - does not seem to do anything. No error, and message stays Created new profile, set up to recieve in another PST, then opened the problem PST, still could not move the message set "work offline" still can not delete turned off network, rebooted, and still could not do anything. When ever I attempt to open., i get error message "cannot open this item outlook has already begun transmi...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...