Money 2004 crash in mnyob99.dll with new file

I just upgraded to money 2004. Whenever I created a new file (via
File->New File), money crashes and the system (XP) reported the fault
was in mnyob99.dll. This means that I won't be able to create any new
money file at all. I also followed some earlier message by opening the
sample money file, it works, but then it still crashed when I tried to
create a new file.

I searched suport.microsoft.com and did not find anything that would
solve the problem.

Please help. Thanks.
0
tmp8260 (2)
11/5/2003 11:18:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

MJ - I have a very similary problem installing money 2003, and the suggested
help provided to me in an earlier message doesn't work.  Have you had any
success yet?  Mine crashes when I try to convert a Money 2001 file.  To add
insult to injury, i reinstalled Money 2001 and now it asks me for a password
for my old file (which wasn't password protected before!)  I'm afraid i'm
going to have to start all over......

In microsoft.public.money, bds wrote:

>MJ - I have a very similary problem installing money 2003, and the suggested
>help provided to me in an earlier message doesn't work.  Have you had any
>success yet?  Mine crashes when I try to convert a Money 2001 file.  To add
>insult to injury, i reinstalled Money 2001 and now it asks me for a password
>for my old file (which wasn't password protected before!)  I'm afraid i'm
>going to have to start all over......

When Money converted, or attempted to convert, your Money 2001 file,
it left a backup of the Money 2001 file named *.mn9. I would copy
that file to *.mny, and open the copy with Money 2001.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/8/2003 5:04:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. You may be able to get the backup copy of your
original money file that was created when money 2003 converted your
file. Look for a file with filename extension such as .MN9 (or .M10)
in the same folder that holds your original money file.

No, I did not have any success. In fact, I went through different
places trying to look for an answer. But still, the problem is not
solved. I even tried on 3 other different machines (run Windows XP),
they all have the same problem. That is, money crashed (no exception,
at the same mnyob99.dll) every time when I tried to create a new money
file.

From this newsgroup and other locations that I've visited,
I believe there are many people who are having the same problem.

Does Microsoft pay attention to this newsgroup? Help, please.

Here two messages logged in the event viewer: (note: the fault address
are different)
msmoney.exe, 12.0.0.613, mnyob99.dll, 12.0.0.716, 000dc6f0.
msmoney.exe, 12.0.0.613, mnyob99.dll, 12.0.0.716, 0023d642.

"bds" <bryan.szalwinski@xxnospamxx.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<VBUqb.2129$g8.881158195@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>...
> MJ - I have a very similary problem installing money 2003, and the suggested
> help provided to me in an earlier message doesn't work.  Have you had any
> success yet?  Mine crashes when I try to convert a Money 2001 file.  To add
> insult to injury, i reinstalled Money 2001 and now it asks me for a password
> for my old file (which wasn't password protected before!)  I'm afraid i'm
> going to have to start all over......
>
> "MJ" <tmp@msn.minidns.net> wrote in message
> > I just upgraded to money 2004. Whenever I created a new file (via
> > File->New File), money crashes and the system (XP) reported the fault
> > was in mnyob99.dll. This means that I won't be able to create any new
> > money file at all. I also followed some earlier message by opening the
> > sample money file, it works, but then it still crashed when I tried to
> > create a new file.
> >
> > I searched suport.microsoft.com and did not find anything that would
> > solve the problem.
> >
> > Please help. Thanks.

0
tmp8260 (2)

Two computers, one Money file.

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Find and replace new line character
I would like to find and replace a return character (or new line, or \n, or chr(10) -- take your pick) at the beginning of a field with an empty string "". I would really rather not have to write an update query or a script. Is there a way to enter special characters into the find & replace dialogue box? I would expect to be able to find "\n" and replace with "", matching "Start of Field" but that doesn't work. I'm using Access 2003. On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:50:00 -0800, mmapes <mmapes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The F&...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Saving a document in a particular file
Is it possible to restrict the locations in which an Excel document can be saved? I want to put a restriction on a particular file so that the people I send it to have to save it in a specific location on their hard drives... Thanks for any help. Copy/paste to Thisworkbook module. Edit to suit your path. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal _ SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) 'Saves the current file to a certain folder 'Note that any previous version is overwritten Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Gordstuf...

money 2002 #26

Write files no shutdown
I have a program that needs to write to several files right before it terminates. I have just noticed that when the program is killed by a system shutdown, these files don't get written. Can anyone give me their opinion as to how to get around this problem? Much appreciated. It depends on how your program is "killed". One way to take care of the problem is to write the files out periodically (every seconds if they have changed). Lots of programs do this sort of thing in a "save" mode so that if the program crashes or is killed the files can still be restored to ...

Random emails crash Outlook
Random emails crash Outlook. I have checked if they have had any virus or worm content stripped in Exchange but they do not appear in the TrendMicro log. Right-clicking the email allows for it to be sent to deleted items. If I connect remotely to the user's mailbox I can open the message without problem. I then forward it to the user and they can open the forwarded message. 1 user recently reported that a previously problem email was suddenly viewable so I thought this might suggest that the problem is on the Exchange server but cannot find any errors in the logs. The messages of...

previously functional Office 2004 now won't launch after Mac OS updates
Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 applications and cannot open any of my files. Any advice? Thanks, Mark On 6/27/07 1:02 PM, in article 1182974541.212063.281740@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "breadhead420@gmail.com" <breadhead420@gmail.com> wrote: > Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X > Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). > Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 app...

money 2005 #11

how to importa data from our company program into an excel file?
I need to import data from our company program and turn it into an excel file, anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks! Hi Sarah hopefully your company program has an export facility where you can export data ... once you've exported it you could then try and import it. if you'ld like to mention the name of the company's program or even what program you think it might be writen in (try help/about from the menu) we might be able to assist further. Regards JulieD "Sarahcw80" <Sarahcw80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5B30D9C-A8BD-4022-83EA-6B...

DLL global variable
If I have global variable in my dll, will it hold same information for all Apps that use that DLL in the same time, or every app will have own instance? TIA > If I have global variable in my dll, will it hold same information for >all Apps that use that DLL in the same time, or every app will have own >instance? Jan, Unless you specifically declare a shared variable (by placing it in a shared data segment), each process that uses your DLL will have its own instance. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq > Unless you specifically declare a shared variable ...

Excel last open file should move to top of list when used
When opening Excel I see list of last documents which I have used. I think that document which is opened from the list now, should move to the top of the list. That how frequently used documents would be on the list always. Now document need to be opened once every 9 (maximum numbers of history) different file used. You could send a message to MS asking for this enhancement: mswish@microsoft.com or xlwish@microsoft.com Put Excel in the subject so that it goes to the correct group. (then cross your fingers and get your checkbook out to by the newest version!) Matti Simperi wrote: > ...

problems opening new email/calendar entries
when I try to open a new email/calendar entry, I get the following error message in Outlook 2007: Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found. I have had this problem previously but can't remember where I found the solution which was somewhere on this forum. I know I have to delete a specific file folder, but can't remember which one. anyone who can assist? Thanks! ...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

Adress list drop down button crashes Outlook 2003
Hello! I got a probem with my Outlook 2003: When I press the button "New Mail" then push "To:" the address book with my contacts open. There is a drop down button on the upper right which should show the list of address books and contact folders. As soon I push this button, the drop down list doesn't open, Outlook reports a "serious error" and crashes - it can only be terminated by the task manager. First I tried to delete to Outlook Address Book in "Control Panel - Mail" because I thought this was corrupt. Deleted it and created a new one. T...

provide option preference to Set number of previous files shown
Publisher 2003 appears to have a fixed number of 4previous files to be shown on file menu. This should be increased and settable as a user preference option in line with other Office apps. Also consider increasing the current limit of 9 (to, say, 30, if there has to be a limit at all) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based N...

Recover DRM liceenses from crashed hard drive?
I can read the drive when connected as a secondary drive to another computer, but the drive will not boot. Can anyone please tell me how do I recover the DRM licenses from a crashed hard drive? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:58:05 -0500, "Toni" <Toni24@yahoo.com> wrote: >I can read the drive when connected as a secondary drive to another computer, but the >drive will not boot. > >Can anyone please tell me how do I recover the DRM licenses from a crashed hard drive? Oddly enough, this is one of the cases you're expecially hosed. The DRM license i...

Moving files after re-stalling Windows XP Pro
Due to a corrupt Windows file I had to re-install Windows. Unfortunately this meant that the new Outlook "Contacts" files, and files I had set up in "My Shortcuts", do not show up in the current Outlook. How can I locate, and move, these files from the old Outlook into the current Outlook? Thanks, The file you need up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm There are specific steps you should take ...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Outlook 2003 closes when saving new Note
Hi, I've got a problem with Outlook 2003 and cant find the answer anywhere. I use Notes, well I would like to, in Outlook 2003; I can create the Note fine, but as soon as I click on the X to close the Note I get 'Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' and then the option to Restart Outlook or not, either way Outlook closes. The error signature is: - AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8312.0 AppStamp:4a403990 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 ModStamp:00000000 fDebug: 0 Offs...

Missing or Broken reference to FPDTC.DLL
I am unable to successfully open an Access 2003 database in Access 2007. I immediately receive the following error: Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'FPDTC.DLL' version 1.0. To ensure that your database or project works properly, you must fix this reference. I can click OK three times and get into the database, but it doesn't work correctly. I can't seem to find much about this error. Anyone have any idea? "Corbism" <Corbism@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C53DE9D-DBB...

Problems with Money 2005