Money 2004 #27

I have been trying to set up online banking with
Chase.com.  Money only lists JP Morgan Chase, which is
fine but when I go to put in my password Money only
recognizes / expects a 4 digit password when in actuality
Chase requires 6 - 10 digits.  Is there a patch or work
around for this.

Thanks,

James
0
anonymous (74718)
12/5/2003 10:20:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

You need to contact Chase and ask them to set you up for Money.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying to set up online banking with
> Chase.com.  Money only lists JP Morgan Chase, which is
> fine but when I go to put in my password Money only
> recognizes / expects a 4 digit password when in actuality
> Chase requires 6 - 10 digits.  Is there a patch or work
> around for this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
12/6/2003 7:41:19 AM
HI Bob:

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.

Maybe I did clearly state my question.  I have signed-up
with Chase for online banking and have a user name and
password.  Chase requires their password to be between 6 -
 10 digits in length.  When I try to access my Chase
account using Money, Money expects and will only accept a
4 digit password.

The conflict is with Money not with Chase.  Money was
not "programmed" to accept the correct length password.

Thanks again for your help.

James

0
anonymous (74718)
12/6/2003 1:33:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, James wrote:

>HI Bob:
>
>Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.
>
>Maybe I did clearly state my question.  I have signed-up
>with Chase for online banking and have a user name and
>password.

Note there is a difference between JPMorgan Chase Bank (Texas) and
JPMorgan Chase Bank. They both want you to supply your SS number and
a 4-digit pin during setup.

Call Chase and ask them for help setting you up for online access
with Microsoft Money. You might find
http://www.chase.com/cm/cs?pagename=Chase/Href&urlname=chase/pf/online/learn/icob/options
of interest, altho it may be out of date.

>  Chase requires their password to be between 6 -
> 10 digits in length.  When I try to access my Chase
>account using Money, Money expects and will only accept a
>4 digit password.
>
>The conflict is with Money not with Chase.  Money was
>not "programmed" to accept the correct length password.
>
>Thanks again for your help.
>
>James

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
12/6/2003 2:38:03 PM
Hi Cal:

Thanks for your reply.

One more time.

I have setup my user name and password with Chase (not
Chase Texas).  Chase requires a password between 6 & 10
digits in length.

Money lists Chase as JP Morgan Chase (the non Texas
one).  Money asks for a 4 digit password for Chase which
is wrong.  Money did not set up the correct field length
and will not accept the password because it is asking for
a 4 digits rather than the 6 - 10 required by Chase.

I am not sure how many time I need to explain this
because obviously I am not doing it correctly so someone
can give me the correct information to fix this problem.

Are there any updates that might correct this problem?????

James

0
anonymous (74718)
12/6/2003 3:56:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, James wrote:

>I am not sure how many time I need to explain this
>because obviously I am not doing it correctly so someone
>can give me the correct information to fix this problem.

This is the last time that I will suggest you call Chase.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
12/6/2003 4:27:00 PM
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 07:56:03 -0800, "James"

Individuals have provided you with the answer already twice.  Unless you
are quite obtuse and are unable to understand their instructions, you are
required to call your bank and inform them that you wish to use Microsoft
Money and they will provide you with a 4 digit password.  This would be a
different 4 digit password than the one you would use for your ATM banking
or online access which are typically 6 to 10 digits...

My thought is how many times does one have to explain it to you for you to
finally get the fix...

>Hi Cal:
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>
>One more time.
>
>I have setup my user name and password with Chase (not
>Chase Texas).  Chase requires a password between 6 & 10
>digits in length.
>
>Money lists Chase as JP Morgan Chase (the non Texas
>one).  Money asks for a 4 digit password for Chase which
>is wrong.  Money did not set up the correct field length
>and will not accept the password because it is asking for
>a 4 digits rather than the 6 - 10 required by Chase.
>
>I am not sure how many time I need to explain this
>because obviously I am not doing it correctly so someone
>can give me the correct information to fix this problem.
>
>Are there any updates that might correct this problem?????
>
>James

0
levack1 (7)

Two computers, one Money file.

Error Code: 0x80246002 02-27-10
this error code appears when i try to install update: Windows XP x64 Edition Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB978207) i tried the 2 methods on the microsoft website to no avail. Any ideas? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed IE8? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the comput...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

previously functional Office 2004 now won't launch after Mac OS updates
Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 applications and cannot open any of my files. Any advice? Thanks, Mark On 6/27/07 1:02 PM, in article 1182974541.212063.281740@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "breadhead420@gmail.com" <breadhead420@gmail.com> wrote: > Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X > Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). > Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 app...

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...

MS Money 2006 and Money for PPC
I have installed MS Money2006 trial version and microsoft money for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 operative system,device i-mate JASJAR. i can't sinchronize both money data pn PC and PPC and all the time ther is window with message "reading device databases". With Windows Mobile 2003 SE with same softwares there was no problems. I'm using also ZoneAlarm Firewall. If somebody know solution, I will appreciate it! Thanks in advance. Davor Opic P.S. Please, if you want, answer on my email addres: davor.opic@po.htnet.hr ...

Balance Forward Transaction
I am using Vista and I just started using Money. I am a Quicken user and this is my first time with Money. I downloaded all my bank transactions for this calendar year. The first transaction was on 1/1. In Quicken, you can add a transaction by clicking right into the "register." The only way I could find to add a transaction to Money was by using the "adjustment" transaction at the top of the page - so I used that section to add a transaction for "balance forward" on 1/1 in the amount of $904. My ending balance on that account is correct but the daily...

Did Money 2006 Fix 2 problems?
I'm wondering if Money 2006 fixed the following 2 problems: 1) Money 2005 Small Business version would not properly merge bank information with payment received information. The result was two seperate transactions. The fix according to Microsoft is to download bank information into a cash account and then to transfer into the business account. Quite unacceptable. 2) Money 2005 Small Business version would not properly synchronize business accounts with the Pocket PC version. Again, Microsoft suggests using a cash account to do this. This was not a practical solution. I'd...

Money 2004 #17
I upgraded from MS Money 2003 to 2004. Every time I try to enter data the program freezes. When I close and reopen the prog the data is there. I've repaired the thing 3-4 times. Any ideas? Certainly don't want to go thru MS famous customer service. (Been there, done that...) ...