Money 2003 Unable to Backup to Jump Drive

Money 2003, basic version, on Windows XP.  Unable to
backup to a Jump Drive.  Procedures as outlined by
Microsoft for backup to a CDR do not work on this version
of Money where Microsoft says to merely type in the path
of the CD drive.  In my case the path to my jump drive is
I: and this cannot be manually input on the
tools/options/backup.  There are three removable drive
options that I can select from on my PC.  Money does not
recognize the jump drive.  Is this a limitation of the
basic version of Money?

I tried re-initializing Money after installing the Jump
Drive and I tried rebooting the system with the Jump Drive
installed, but Money failed to recognize the Jump Drive as
a backup option.  Is this a problem?

Does Money 2004 permit the use of Jump Drives as a
removable drive backup option?
0
anonymous (74721)
2/1/2004 8:08:25 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Whether you can back up to a device is the function of the operating system.
If the jump drive is not being handled as a direct writing device by XP then
you will have to backup to the hard disk and then copy the file to the jump
drive.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

"Buster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Money 2003, basic version, on Windows XP.  Unable to
> backup to a Jump Drive.  Procedures as outlined by
> Microsoft for backup to a CDR do not work on this version
> of Money where Microsoft says to merely type in the path
> of the CD drive.  In my case the path to my jump drive is
> I: and this cannot be manually input on the
> tools/options/backup.  There are three removable drive
> options that I can select from on my PC.  Money does not
> recognize the jump drive.  Is this a limitation of the
> basic version of Money?
>
> I tried re-initializing Money after installing the Jump
> Drive and I tried rebooting the system with the Jump Drive
> installed, but Money failed to recognize the Jump Drive as
> a backup option.  Is this a problem?
>
> Does Money 2004 permit the use of Jump Drives as a
> removable drive backup option?

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
2/1/2004 10:27:54 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Buster wrote:

>Does Money 2004 permit the use of Jump Drives as a
>removable drive backup option?

Money sees USB Flash drives as removable drive backup option.
Perhaps a "Jump Drive" is one of those?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Upgraded to Office 2003, now can't open existing Publisher files
I need to access my previous Publisher files. Each of the other Office program files are accessable and readily open. How can I open existing files? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A9B1907-D229-4DBD-8AF9-1C4DCB293CF8@microsoft.com... >I need to access my previous Publisher files. Each of the other Office > program files ...

Publisher 2003 won't print part of a page
I have been printing a newsletter for my garden club for 2 years; today, it prints everything on 3 pages except for a portion in the right column and under the heading on page 1. Any suggestions? Printer driver update? Are you using the same publication over and over? Might start from scratch, copy/paste from the old into the new. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "capri" <capri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0549BBC-BC3F-4DBF-96AD-198CDAB91AFE@microsoft.com... >I have been pri...

Exchange 2003 mailbox permissions being reset
I have seen many posts on this same problem with no real answer, hopefully somebody out there has found a solution. I add "send as" rights to a mailbox for a user other than the owner of the mailbox (or full access, make no difference) and it works fine for a short while, then when less than an hour goes by (not sure exactly how long), the user that was added in the permissions tab is missing and obviously the send as ability is gone. I have tried adding the user on the Security tab, then also hitting the advanced button and adding it there (per ms kB#327000). The user that I'...

Money 99 "No disk...."
When I try to open Money 99 I get message: There is no disk in the drive. As I lost manuals, could someone help me? In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open Money 99 I get message: There is no >disk in the drive. As I lost manuals, could someone help >me? Put any CD into the drive is one way. Tracking down any money registry keys that refer to your CD drive and changing the references to C: could do it, but you could mess things up if you do it wrong. ...

Backups Fail
Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows2000. I've been doing Full Online backups for over 2 years with no problem. The only new addition has been Microsoft MOM. I've uninstalled the MOM client - still the same symptoms: The first time I try a online backup, it hangs and never starts. I've tried to perform a backup accross the net and also local. After that, it quickly completes informing me the exchange files are in use. So then I tried to switch to a offline backup. I've rebooted since the online attempts. I shutdown all services, backup all harddrives including System State, then resta...

Money 99 and XP
I have tried installing Money 99 on a new Dell w/ XP, The install goes through the process, but when you try to access Money, a Windows error appears and if you send a report, a "solution" points to the Sun home page for Java. Is Money 99 compatible w/XP? If not, can a Money 99 file be transferred to Money 2004 w/o loss of data? Can't answer for M99 vs. XP, but there have not been lots of reports of problems. Of course, it may not be a really popular combination. M04 is designed to upgrade an M99 file with no loss of data, provided the old version and new version are the s...

Print ACCESS 2003 report via VB6 Application
Hi Good Guys, I need your help. Please help me. My office is still using VB6 SP6 software and ACCESS 2003 Database. I am trying print ACCESS 2003 report with VB6 application and I constantly get the POPUP Screen of SECURITY WARNING from ACCESS 2003 which created problems for the users. How to stop the POPUP SECURITY WARNING SCREEN for happening. Here are the overall VB6 coding. Option Explicit Dim objAccess As Access.Application Dim dbName As String Dim rptName As String Dim strSql As String Private Sub Form_Load() Set objAccess = New Access.Application ...

Money launch
Can anyone tell me what is ocurring when Money 2003 launches? I've noticed (per my desktop cpu meter) that upon launching money, 100% of the cpu is being used for about 30-45 seconds after signing in and home page displays. My concern with this, is on more than one ocasion, if I submit a bill for on line payment before the cpu percentage drops to less than 5%, the program freezes after the confirmation displays and my only exit option is via task manager. I haven't a clue what the program could be doing since don't use passport, or any of the other resource hogging features, ...

Moving Workflows that creating records with Money fields
I currently have a workflow that creates a number of child records based on the options selected on the triggering record. This works fine. The issue I have is when I try to deploy this to an other tenancy (on the same server or a different server) I cannot publish the workflow - it gives me an error about the transactioncurrencyid not being valid. The child records do have an money field. I changed my workflow and added the Currency field to the form and set the default value to the correct currency ( as per KB 946795 - How to use a workflow rule to update a value in the Money field ...

Money Vs. Small Business Manager
I have started a new business and I want software that will track users who have purchased my items. I want to keep track of an inventory and report on what I need to buy when something sells. What product should I use? What are the differences between them? Any help would be great. Thanks, Scott ...

Money 2005
I recently upgraded from Money 2000 to 2005 and all seemed to go OK. However, the majority of my Favourite Reports are Bar Charts. In Money 2005, the only option that is not grayed out is the View as Report radio button and I cannot get access to the View as Bar radio button. I have tried a Quick and Standard Repair and also have Advanced Reports switched on. Can anyone shed any light? OK I finally solved the problem by trial and error, plus a lot of wasted time. I choose the Income and Spending Over Time report. This allowed me to 'Change View' to a Bar Chart. From there I ...

Why do I get BCM unable to initialze form message?
CAn anyone offer any assistance to this error message? I'm sure the data is in my pc somewhere but I cannot access it. Try posting in the microsoft.public.outlook.bcm group and including both = your BCM version and the exact text of the error message.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Lydia" <Lydia@discussions.microsoft.c...

Setup was unable to find instance of CRM services
This occours when I try to run the Sales for Outlook, CRM works fine on the same machine through IE. is your workstation and the crm server in the same domain? "Vignir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13a0c01c41ad7$b0162a70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This occours when I try to run the Sales for Outlook, CRM > works fine on the same machine through IE. > ...

Money 2004 and Norton Antivirus
When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I couldn't find any information on how to do it. I've searched Microsoft's site, but still can't find any information. Has anyone found anything about using Money with antivirus software? "Steve" <steve2896@hotmail.com> wrote in news:#1gyCI7VDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus > software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I > couldn't f...

From a Temp Exchange 2003 to a new Production one
Hi Thanks for taking the time to read this. I recently migrated an Exchange 5.5 system to a new Windows 2003 Forest with Exchange 2003. All went very smoothly (Phew!) The Exchange 5.5 system ran (until yesterday) on a decent server. The Exchange 2003 system is running on a temporary server at the moment. Having decommissioned the Old Exchange 5.5 server now, I've rebuilt it as a Windows 2003 server in the new domain and have installed Exchange 2003 upon in. It has appeared as a new server within the organisation. Excellent so far. What I want to do is move all mailboxes, public f...

restore backup?
hard drive crashed and now i can't get my files to restore correctly good backup copied to hard drive etc etc save backups to diskette also. just like your password diskette. >-----Original Message----- >hard drive crashed and now i can't get my files to restore >correctly good backup copied to hard drive etc etc > >. > junior "etc etc...................Is there a question there? Bob "junior" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045401c3d0c2$36047340$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hard drive crashed and now i can't ...

Money Software Issue
I get a error when I try to access my Money application. Cannot load or run 'info32.exe' specified in the win.ini file. Make sure the file exist on your computer or rename the referance to it in the win.ini file. Not sure what to do with this?? I have this file installed in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo directory. Does that directory exist, and is the file there? I believe msinfo32.exe is installed with Windows, so it must have somehow gotten deleted. You might try copying it from a different Windows installation (of the same Windows version), or...

Problems upgrading to Outlook 2003
I've just recently upgraded to MS Office 2003 Pro. from Microsoft Office XP Small Business (2002). Everything works perfectly except my Outlook. When installing, I selected the "upgrade" option, with the intent of not having to worry about losing any contact information or emails that were currently in Outlook 2002. Outlook 2003 works the first time I open after installing, but if I close the program and try and re-open it, it freezes. When I shut down my computer and try re-opening, I can only open Outlook in "safe mode". I've tried reinstalling, but ...

Money 2008 Activation on Vista
I've been thru the same crazy maze as Alan van der Vyver, with the same bad result. Thanks to Chris Cowles and Cal Learner for explaining RunAsAdministrator to get activation to succeed. Now, same as Alan, I have MyMoney.mny in User\(me)\Documents, I have full rights AND OWNERSHIP to the file and its folder. I've taken all the steps suggested by Cal in 12/8/07 post, except I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled. Still, when I start Money as me (not administrator), it thinks it has not been registered, and offers to do it then. BAD. When I RunAsAdministrator, it knows ...

Outlook 2003 BCM v2
Hi, I would like two know when we can expect the BCM v2 to be finished, because we have tested the BCM in outlook and it's really nice we like it a lot. But we need Multi-user support because we have several people in the sales department. I heard that Multi-user support would be added in v2. And are we able to use the current BCM v1 and then when we update to v2 we can combine all contacts to a multi-user environment? Regards Martin ...

Problems connecting from EXCEL 2003 to OLAP Server
Hi, I=B4m trying to work with the EXCEL Addin for OLAP Server, butI=B4m having problems to connect to the server, I get the following message: OLAP Server error: Property name was not recognized, 'Safety Options' Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I can connect to the cubes using Pivot Tables but not with the addin. ...

Money files compatibility
I have recently installed Money plus, and was trying to open my old money file where I have years of history. It is a money 2002 (with updates) file. When I try to open it, I get the following message: Money can't open this file, because it was created using a different version of money. This is very disappointing, surely I can still convert my old file into the new format somehow? if there a converting little software that I can download from your site, to use as a one-off? Please let me know. Many thanks in advance for your help. Money Plus Deluxe or Premium? (Essentials is a tota...

Exch/Outlook 2003 Delegates
I have an Exchange 2003 Standard Server with Outlook 2003 clients. My users have noticed that they cannot properly assign delegates. They can choose delegates and assign the permissions normally, but when they quit and restart Outlook, the delegates are there but with "None" as their permissions. What might cause this? Hi Tim, Thank you for posting here. According to the information in your post, I suggest you use the following message to trouble shoot this issue: 1. New Outlook profile ============= Please create a new profile to isolate the issue. For the steps on how to cr...

Free/Busy Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5
Hi, Where I can configure Free/Busy replication between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5? I put Exchange 2003 in Exchange 5.5 site for migration, messages work fine but schedule appointments don�t sincronize. Any suggestions ?! Thank you Hi pls look at this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244588 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 (3.Rehome the Schedule+ Free Busy folder: ) -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Alessandro Neves" <no@spam.com> ���g��l��s�D :umbFEwcvEHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Where I can confi...

After deleting local data file is mail still on the drive?
I have two email accounts: one Live and one Comcast. I set the Live one to be the default Data file and Sender. Then I deleted the Local file. My question is: Is the email (old mail that I imported over) that was associated with the local data file that I removed still on my computer? If so, where is the old mail located? Thank you very much if you can assist me. -- Michael Windows 7 RC IE 8 Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest) Office 2007 (latest) Depends what mail application you used previously "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message news:AE15A5A3-258B-49...