Money 2003 annoying beep

Why when I update certain totals Money 2003 makes a beeping sound from
inside my computer?  Not through my speakers, but from somewhere
inside my actual tower.  It's very annoying.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Matt Lewis wrote:

>Why when I update certain totals Money 2003 makes a beeping sound from
>inside my computer?  Not through my speakers, but from somewhere
>inside my actual tower.  It's very annoying.

Try entering "sounds" into the Ask Money box of Help to see if you
can find what you want.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/19/2003 9:34:50 PM
Hi Matt,

Sorry, no expert I, but, you are not alone with these types of 'whines in
the night' of an unknown source.  There has been some discussion on this
type of problem in the Windows ME newsgroup not too long ago.   You might
see the MS newsgroups, Microsoft.public.windowsme.hardware.  Then check for
..6/9/03...subject ..Beeping..and there are a few others on the subject as
well. It was about a beeping noise from somewhere in the PC itself, and
there was a good deal of discussion in one thread as to what might be
causing the problem

A Google search might help find some other threads as well.

It is sorta like having 'HAL' living in your PC somewhere, just letting you
know now and then they are there. <g>

Jan :)

> Why when I update certain totals Money 2003 makes a beeping sound from
> inside my computer?  Not through my speakers, but from somewhere
> inside my actual tower.  It's very annoying.

0
janilac1 (4)
7/20/2003 3:31:39 AM
Thanks.  I can turn off sounds to fix the prob.  Maybe it's an issue
with the demo version, we'll see if it's fixed when I upgrade.

I have run into the same problem after I reloaded MS
Money after a system reload. The first time when I
installed Money, I told it to do a complete install (all
my sounds were intact). When I loaded it the second time,
I only reqested the basic install (then I would only get
the system beeps). You may want to try to reload MS Money
again and make sure that you do a complete install (with
tours and walkthroughs and etc)

Hope this helps,

Matt
0
mjpint (3)

Excel 2003 Macro shortcut keys
Hello, I have had several excel macros working just fine until last week and all of a sudden the shortcut keys stopped working. I did have a new PC profile created because Word kept crashing. It is fine now. For instance, I have a simple macro that shifts data from one column to another (Ctrl + Shift + S) and another that uses (Ctrl + Shift + L). The macros will run if I do them manually, but now the shortcut keys just give me the default Excel behavior, such as font size or column width. If I change the shortcut letter, the macro works again with key strokes, but I use so...

Problems converting Money 98 File to Money 2004
I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. My only recourse is to kill 2004 in task manager. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, evvb wrote: >I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file >on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. >It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. >My ...

Bug Report: Money Standard 2002
Hello - I am using Money Standard 2002. I last downloaded Internet Updates on 11/14/03. In my Bills & Deposits list, I have a recurring transaction set up to pay my credit card bill. It is configured as a recurring direct debit from my checking account to my credit card account. When the monthly reminder comes up, I go to Manage Bills & Deposits and click Enter into Register. Bug: Even though the transaction is correctly configured as being FROM my checking account and TO my credit card account, for at least the last two months, when I enter the transaction, it instead crea...

how do i import excel data into Money 05?
"rodshar" <rodshar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A674E2FA-7500-4743-B71C-3BFF6ABE9D15@microsoft.com... > Here's a tool that will do the necessary conversion: http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php /Fredrik ...

Linking data from cells into word doc in 2003
When I open a word document, that has links to the excel app I am opening it from, it prompts me with a question if I wish to update links. I have the option already check marked in Word so that it will update links automatically upon opening, and I did the same thing in excel, but it still prompts for an answer. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what do you do to fix it. This is destroying our automation at work where the hyperlink is triggered to open the word doc, the word doc updates, prints, saves and closes before going on to the next hyperlink. ...

Multiple To addresses in Exchange Server 2003
We have AD Accounts which have multiple SMTP addresses, however when these accounts receive an eMail it does not show the actual email address that was used just the top level account name. Basically we want to be able to have a Department AD Account and then see the actual eMail address that was sent to. Ie. was the eMail sent to Design@company.com OR Development@company.com NB. This worked how we wanted it in ExchangeServer2000, however this has been lost since upgrading to ExchangeServer2003. Make sure your Exchange 2003 server is not configured to resolve anonymous mail. https:...

Why is the sort command in excel 2003 shaded out?
suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot get the sort command and icon to be usable. Is the worksheet protected? "jico" <jico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50391B74-4CC0-4410-9693-7DC3ED145C6A@microsoft.com... > suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot > get the sort command and icon to be usable. I don't know about "protecting" a worksheet. I did notice that "[Group]" appeared after the filename at the top of the window. I've been using the Micr...

Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003 Sent Items Retention
Hello, I have an issue that has just surfaced. When setting up my mailbox account on new clients, Outlook only shows that past few months of Sent Items. Until recently, it would show items back to 2002 (when the server was first set up) I have no Archiving enabled, and my mailbox size is well below the limits I have set on the Exchange Server. And, the Sent Items Properties shows that no retention polocies have ever been set. What is causing this? Did an update to Exchange trigger some new default setting? In any case, there are older Sent Items that I need to have! Running Excha...

How do I stop outlook 2003 from addng SPAM to every message in my
I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. I am trying to use outlook instead. It adds the word SPAM to the beginning of all my messages when I open them and then keeps this at the beginning of the subject name when I go to forward or attach the email to another one. I have turned off the SPAM filter and it still does this. It even adds SPAM to messages I am sending. It is a serious problem Marleneburton <Marleneburton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. Always best to export from OE to Outlook, btw. Importing in Ou...

money 2003 #45
payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits I have Money 2004 and have the same problem of no payees in pull down. In tools settings I do have it checked to display drop downs. They should show the most common used in last 12 months but do not. They do bring up one if you start to type it in. Wonder if new year of 2008 is not recognized in software but it had up till now? Leap Year? Looks like a common problem that needs an answer. "kahuna" wrote: > payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits "kahuna" wrote: > p...

cannot recieve email with outlook 2003
I have not recieved any email from my exchange server for the last two days. I can recieve email from the other user accounts I log with and use outlook 2003 but not one particular account. check antivirus files and everything is uptodate and clear. Where do I go next. Please help. Any suggestions. do I need to do something on my exchange server?? Please help. thank you. It sounds like you might have a problem with your mailbox on the Exchange server. There are a few tests to try to narrow down the problem. 1. Try creating a new profile in Outlook and setting up your Exchange account...

Since we installed Office 2007, Outlook 2003 no longer runs
Hello, One of our technical people has this problem. On an Xp Sp2 box with Office 2003 he tried to install Office 2007. Since that Outlook 2003 stopped working with this error message : MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. Renaming MAPI32.dll and restarting Outlook does not work. When I go into Contral Panel and Click on Mail, I get the message that I need more memory or system resources. Tried uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall and repair office 2003 without any result. We still get the message MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. What could I try now? Regards, ...

Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard after SP1 #2
Hi... I have been progressively migrating multiple domains from an old failing server to a new 2003 server. This has been working fine. The method I was using was to locate all the users in a domain and use the wizard to export to file. Then from the new 2003 server I would import from the files, and activate the accounts and a few settings, and all went well. Now after SP1. This process fails. The new accounts created on the new server come in with no account name information. When I place the account name, reset the password I still cannot access the account. When I try to access the acc...

Toolbars in messages, Outlook 2003
It can best be explained with this screenshot: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7817/untitled0yz.jpg I want the "desired" layout in the picture. I've tried the following that I found from an old usenet post: "try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebuild the default toolbars the next time you open it. If your changes to the toolbars "stick" after doing this, then you know it was the outcmd.dat file causing the problem. Make sure to make a backup of the new outcmd.dat file so you can restore it if you ever run i...

Money creating duplicate Credit Card account
Everytime I perform an on-line update to my accounts, Money creates an additional copy of one of my CC accounts. This particular account does not appear to be and is not supposed to be one of those that updates. I am not able to merge the two accounts. When I try to do so, the choice of that account is not available. I found an online solution, which was essentially to merge the two, but that does not work. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? Probably more information is needed to answere the question, such as how the accounts are being named, etc. Check the account settings...

How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report?
How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report? You can simply add a text box with a control source like ="Jan" or a label with a caption of Jan If you want the month abbreviation tied to the current date or a field in your report's record source, you could set the format property to mmm -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JWalk" wrote: > How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report? thanks for the info i used =now and format mmm "Duane Hookom" wrote: > You can simply add a text box with a control source lik...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Outlook 2003 downloading emails
My Outlook 2003 will only download one email at a time. If there is more than one email on the server, it times out. I have to go to Verizon Webmail and move all but one email to another and download them one at a time. I have two Yahoo Plus mail accounts and their emails come through fine. Can anyone help? Do you have any integrated Anti Virus? Tried starting Outlook using the safe switch? Start>Run>Outlook.exe /safe (Note space between, exe /) "nanageek" <nanageek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4201651A-FC09-4FEE-9701-6982C8E354B6...

HTML Problem with certain clients w/ Exchange 2003
I am having a very strange problem: HTML email that comes in is being somewhat garbled and not displayed properly on clients such as Outlook Express and Mac Clients (for example). Outlook (full) seems to be fine. Anyone know what's wrong? Is it the encoding? I have Windows 2003 EE w/ SP1 and Exchange 2003 with the latest SP. Mike, I was wondering if you ever got this resolved. I am experiencing the same issue "MikeZ" wrote: > I am having a very strange problem: HTML email that comes in is being > somewhat garbled and not displayed properly on clients such as Outlo...

Moving data in Excel 2003
I have a data file imported from a AS400 down load and it is not coming in neatly. All the even rows, starting at row 2, use columns A.B,C,D,and E. Odd rows use column A We are using several hundred rows. How can I move the data from each odd row to Column F in the row immediately above. THis is an on going event and the number of rows may vary from one week to another. Thank you A little more general than you indicated, but less prone to errors in that it does not check for even/odd rows, and can be rerun without destroying data. Starting from the bottom, because that is what you do whe...

Upgraded Vista -Win7 now crashing Outlook 2003
Hi Q 1 I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and receive regular updates from MS. Since the upgrade when I open Outlook 2003 it starts downloading emails and ½ way through it crashes. additionally my email rules frequently dont work - typically I need to run - detect and repair a few x [restore my shortcuts while restoring]. How do i fix this? Q 2 Re: The other option 'Discard my custom settings and restore default settings" - I'm not clear on what this is - i cant seem to find detailed information on this..... if this is a solution i would need to save and ...

Problem with my Microsoft Word 2003
Hi, For some reason my 'Backspace' key no longer deletes whole words when I'm writing in word. If I highlight some text and press it, nothing happens - I have to use the 'Del' key intead. Any ideas why this has suddenly happened and how I can put it right? Tools >options > check 'typing replaces selection'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>&...

Outlook 2003 calendar events into Excel 2003?
Hello, I would like an Excel sheet that grabs my calendar events (i.e. to have a list of my Outlook calendar events, such as people's Birthday's, in an Excel sheet and updates whenever you open up the Excel sheet. A lookup formula would be useful as I already have a list of the year's dates with my hours worked, sunrise and last's average temperatures for each day. Is this possible in some way? Kol Kolin, I have posted an example of how to navigate the Outlook Object Model to: http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls http://HelpExcel.com "Kolin Tregaskes&...

Outlook 2003 New Hyperlink Question
Hello Using Outlook 2003 Int Explorer 6.0 Windows XP Question: When I read emails in Outlook, some contain multiple hyperlinks which I want to view. Problem is, each time I click a hyperlink, Internet Explorer steals the focus from Outlook. What I really want to do, is click all of the hyperlinks that I want to view later, whilst keeping Outlook "always on top". Then once I have selected all the hyperlinks I want to view from Outlook, I could then go to the opened Int.Explorer and view the opened pages. At the moment I have to switch back and forth between Outlook and Int.Explore ...

Attaching documents in Outlook 2003
Hi, I have recently come across a strange problem in Outlook 2003. A user wanted to copy 4 attachments to an email but when she was pasting the last two, she did so twice. She then removed the extra copies by highlighting them and hitting delete. She then sent the email out to the external recipient. For her files, she then printed the email and the attachment from her sent items, on doing so, she realised that two of the documents had the correct name but not the correct body of the document attached?? My only reasoning for this is that something screwed up with the clipboard?? Has any...