Money 2002 will not run

I had been using Money 2002 for approx. 3 yrs on my home pc (Dell Dim 2100,
XP Home Ed. w/SP2). Last year, it simply would not launch. No error message,
no splash screen, no app opening, no process listed in Task Manager. Just....
nothing....
The only change that was made to the system since M2k2 last ran was
upgrading my a/v solution from Trend Micro PC-Cillin to TM Internet Security.
I have tried disabling every aspect of the Internet Security product, as well
as completely un-installing the app, and then attempting to run Money, but
the same thing (nothing) happens.
I was considering of buying the latest version of Money, but am hesitant
that this prob may reoccur. Not critical, I'm still pretty "old school" when
it comes to my personal finances and keep everything hand-written as well,
but it just makes me wonder...
Anyone ever see anything like this? TIA for any help...
0
Val (44)
3/4/2005 6:39:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

If you're on XP, then you could go back to a restore point to see if money
works again. It wasn't clear below, but did you try reinstalling Money also?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had been using Money 2002 for approx. 3 yrs on my home pc (Dell Dim 2100,
> XP Home Ed. w/SP2). Last year, it simply would not launch. No error
> message,
> no splash screen, no app opening, no process listed in Task Manager.
> Just....
> nothing....
> The only change that was made to the system since M2k2 last ran was
> upgrading my a/v solution from Trend Micro PC-Cillin to TM Internet
> Security.
> I have tried disabling every aspect of the Internet Security product, as
> well
> as completely un-installing the app, and then attempting to run Money, but
> the same thing (nothing) happens.
> I was considering of buying the latest version of Money, but am hesitant
> that this prob may reoccur. Not critical, I'm still pretty "old school"
> when
> it comes to my personal finances and keep everything hand-written as well,
> but it just makes me wonder...
> Anyone ever see anything like this? TIA for any help...

0
glyn1 (1533)
3/4/2005 7:05:47 PM

"Val" wrote:

> I had been using Money 2002 for approx. 3 yrs on my home pc (Dell Dim 2100,
> XP Home Ed. w/SP2). Last year, it simply would not launch. No error message,
> no splash screen, no app opening, no process listed in Task Manager. Just....
> nothing....
> The only change that was made to the system since M2k2 last ran was
> upgrading my a/v solution from Trend Micro PC-Cillin to TM Internet Security.
> I have tried disabling every aspect of the Internet Security product, as well
> as completely un-installing the app, and then attempting to run Money, but
> the same thing (nothing) happens.
> I was considering of buying the latest version of Money, but am hesitant
> that this prob may reoccur. Not critical, I'm still pretty "old school" when
> it comes to my personal finances and keep everything hand-written as well,
> but it just makes me wonder...
> Anyone ever see anything like this? TIA for any help...
0
DJ (46)
3/5/2005 3:45:02 PM
I have the same problem.  To make money work I have to reboot my computer.  I
have reinstalled Money but it makes no difference

"Val" wrote:

> I had been using Money 2002 for approx. 3 yrs on my home pc (Dell Dim 2100,
> XP Home Ed. w/SP2). Last year, it simply would not launch. No error message,
> no splash screen, no app opening, no process listed in Task Manager. Just....
> nothing....
> The only change that was made to the system since M2k2 last ran was
> upgrading my a/v solution from Trend Micro PC-Cillin to TM Internet Security.
> I have tried disabling every aspect of the Internet Security product, as well
> as completely un-installing the app, and then attempting to run Money, but
> the same thing (nothing) happens.
> I was considering of buying the latest version of Money, but am hesitant
> that this prob may reoccur. Not critical, I'm still pretty "old school" when
> it comes to my personal finances and keep everything hand-written as well,
> but it just makes me wonder...
> Anyone ever see anything like this? TIA for any help...
0
DJ (46)
3/5/2005 3:49:03 PM
I have tried reinstalling, but haven't tried a restore point yet....will see
if that helps....thanks!

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> If you're on XP, then you could go back to a restore point to see if money
> works again. It wasn't clear below, but did you try reinstalling Money also?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
> http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had been using Money 2002 for approx. 3 yrs on my home pc (Dell Dim 2100,
> > XP Home Ed. w/SP2). Last year, it simply would not launch. No error
> > message,
> > no splash screen, no app opening, no process listed in Task Manager.
> > Just....
> > nothing....
> > The only change that was made to the system since M2k2 last ran was
> > upgrading my a/v solution from Trend Micro PC-Cillin to TM Internet
> > Security.
> > I have tried disabling every aspect of the Internet Security product, as
> > well
> > as completely un-installing the app, and then attempting to run Money, but
> > the same thing (nothing) happens.
> > I was considering of buying the latest version of Money, but am hesitant
> > that this prob may reoccur. Not critical, I'm still pretty "old school"
> > when
> > it comes to my personal finances and keep everything hand-written as well,
> > but it just makes me wonder...
> > Anyone ever see anything like this? TIA for any help...

0
Val (44)

Two computers, one Money file.

Outlook 2002 and Personal address book
Outlook 2002: I would like to put people in my personal address book on e-mail, but when I click on the person's e-mail address it only says "Add to contacts". It doesn't say add to personal address book. Can you make it add to personal address book please? Thanks! ...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

OL2002 Exchange Server 5.5; Rules do not run automatically; Run fine manually
I have OL2002 SP3 (on XP-Pro) with some rules to filter emails. I am connecting to an Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. My rules do not execute automatically - but if I run them manually they work just fine. All rules are enabled for automatic processing. The problem occurs when Outlook is first started and every other time. The rules never work automatically. A coworker is running OL2000 SR-1 with similar rules and his works fine against the same Exchange Server. Thanks, Scott ...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

publisher 2002 files won't print correctly
Hi For the last few weeks I have been having problems getting some of my publisher 2002 files to print correctly. I am using a canon 2800 printer. For files that are a few pages long all is working well. When I am trying to print booklet files of more than 60 or so pages the printer doesn't print them correctly nor does it store them if I use print to store. When I try to print to store it won't sotre and prints incorrectly. The files aren't huge (around 5-8mgb)I have printed them without probelms until a few week ago. The printer is processing files from other programs cor...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Windows inst wants to load outlook 2002 every time I Launch outloo
I have Xp service pack 2 and I just removed a cadd program and cleaned up my hard drive and now every time I want to get into outlook 2002, I get a popup windows that wants to install the outlook program again. -- Chris C Chris C <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Xp service pack 2 and I just removed a cadd program and > cleaned up my hard drive and now every time I want to get into > outlook 2002, I get a popup windows that wants to install the outlook > program again. So, why not load the Office CD and let Outlook finish installing? -- Brian Tillman ...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

White screen during Long running query
I have an Access app that does a lot of number cruching and exports the data in Excel. However, I notice that when my long running queries are running, I cannot jump to another application on my PC and jump back to Access (using the task bar at the bottom of the screen). What I get is a white screen when I try to get Access to resume its focus. I tried scattering DoEvent commands in my VBA code that runs the queries but that doesn't help. Any suggestions? My users are getting annoyed by this. they can't seem to use their PC for anything when Access is busy running. Try using A...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...

MS Money 2006 and Money for PPC
I have installed MS Money2006 trial version and microsoft money for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 operative system,device i-mate JASJAR. i can't sinchronize both money data pn PC and PPC and all the time ther is window with message "reading device databases". With Windows Mobile 2003 SE with same softwares there was no problems. I'm using also ZoneAlarm Firewall. If somebody know solution, I will appreciate it! Thanks in advance. Davor Opic P.S. Please, if you want, answer on my email addres: davor.opic@po.htnet.hr ...