Money 2002 lost accounts

I opened a new account in MOney 2002 and was trying to
coordinate it with my bank online, so I put in my new
email address and picked a new password for it on the
welcome screen.  Now I can't access my other accounts,
which I had always done offline, even when I put in my
old email address and password on the welcome screen.
Can anyone help me get them back?  I do have them backed
up on a floppy disk.  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/26/2003 3:50:23 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

MS Money & Amex
I am trying to get my American Express account in MSM2003. I go to the account details --> Online setup and put in the SAME userid and password I use at the american express website. It says it is not valid. Has anybody else had this problem? Solutions? I have it working and if I remember correctly you have to visit the amex website and request a username and password for use with ms money. It will be different than the one you use for the amex website. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to get my American Express account in MSM2003. I go to the >account details --...

Accounts not updating in Money Plus
I can update the direct accounts through the banks, but the ones that=20 require signing into MSN don't update half the time. I have to jump = through=20 hoops. This used to happen once in a while and now it is happening all the = time. Looks like I may not be able to wait for Quicken 2010.=20 Same here. Tried clearing the cache and temporary internet files, repaired file and then went to backup but still no downloads. JC "SteveC" <conks@community.nospam> wrote in message news:683D7797-97F6-428C-B800-4D3FFA96F04D@microsoft.com... I can update the direct accounts th...

Money 2004 Small Business #7
I have installed OK and have set up a business file OK. Now I want to set up a file for my personal accounts but when I try it always asks for business info. I tried looking in the help guide but can't figure it out. Just ignore the requests. I have exactly your scenario and have two files one for my personal data and one for my Company. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Margin Account
I am looking for an excel spreadsheet that would help me caclualte the margin call amount in an account. For example, if a client invests $10,000 and the assets have a loan value of 50%, he has a margin of $5,000. Now if he invests this $5,000.00 into assets that have a loan value of 25%, he has an additional margin of $1,250.00. And if he invests this available margin of $1,250 into assets that have a loan value of 50%, he has addition 625 margin available and so an. So I was wondering a spreadsheet would be available to help me caclulate how much margin would be available if the exces...

very basic accounting question regarding great plains modules
I will preface this by saying I'm the IT guy here, not the accounting guy, so I may get some details wrong. Our accounting dept uses microsoft dynamics/gp and is trying to reconcile payments made to health insurance to the general ledger. The payments are all made individually in payroll but need to be totalled to reconcile against the lump sum paid to the insurance company. The person in charge out there says that 'the modules won't talk to eachother', I am assuming this is the AP module and the Payroll module, but I could be wrong. Is this true? The modules won't talk...

Loan to Cash accounting
Hi All Is there any ways to book loan proceeds other than income? For example I take a loan to purchase a car and some misc items. So I create the loan account with the repayment terms etc. Then the bank gives me the cash. The cash is then used to purchase the assets. To be able to reflect the purchases, I have to post cash received from the bank as income. In QuickBooks or Quicken an accounting entry would have created by transferring from the loan account to the cash account and the individual purchases recorded accordingly. However, when you use money and set up the loan, no ...

Money 2006/7 QIF imports and stock splits?
Hello-I realize that in Money 2004 the program had trouble importing stock split transactions through QIF format (and conversely did not export stock splits through QIF format either). Has this been remedied in Money 2006/7? That is, can Money now receive a stock split through a QIF file? Thank you. -Eric Eric, I recently went through the Export / Import drill in Money 07 No, splits still need to be redone once the import is complete. -Kevin <E7Kilian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1166021779.448343.38370@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello-I realize that in Money 2004...

Update Orginating Lead on an Account
Is there any way to update the Originating Lead on Account after the Account has been created, programatically or otherwise? -- Sydne Strong Sydne, By using a post callout this can de realized.. Regards, Ron Wallegie "Sydne" <Sydne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38F1F286-426E-439C-B728-D75A543163E2@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to update the Originating Lead on Account after the Account > has been created, programatically or otherwise? > > -- > Sydne Strong > ...

Telephone Mask for 2002/XP?
After everything I've read online and via Google, it appears as though there is no easy solution to the built-in mask that Outlook uses for telephone numbers (which comes from your regional settings). It seems as though (###) ###-#### is the hard coded default. Several users were looking for ###.###.#### instead. I have two questions about this: 1. Am I correct in saying that there is no way around this? 2. Will Outlook 2003 have any additional flexibility to allow custom masks? Thanks a million in advance. Kevin 1. Yes 2. No -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.c...

Outlook Connector on free Hotmail account
I use outloook 2007 on vista ultimate sp1. I would like to be able to use outlook to send and receive all of my hotmail emails. I tried the outlook connector but it never actually connects to my account. if I click the connector toolbar it shows mail, calendar, and contacts all with the same status of "Connecting" although it never actually does. I know that the calendar function is only available to subscribers. I called ms support and the guy told me I would have to have a paid account to use the connector. To my understanding, the connector is supposed to allow free accoun...

Get mail from external pop3-accounts
Does anyone know if there is a freeware-version of an app to get mail form pop3-accounts and deliever them to the correct mailbox in Exchange? Yip google for "pullmail Regard Oliver ...

Problem with Online Services - Citigroup Accounts Only
My Online Services for Transaction Data Download were working properly for approximately 1 yr. July 15th was my last successful connection and download. I now get the following error: "There is a problem with the data received from this online provider. If the problem persists, contact the providers customer service for help". I called Citigroup and they said that it is a money problem - they were useless. I am running Money 2000 and haven't changed a thing. Did the service end? Does the latest 'Update Internet Info'have an error for Citigroup? In microsoft.p...

Lost the newsreader
I tried to install the newsreader. I followed the instructions and put "news" on top of go and closed the options on the standard menu. After the attempt, it was not in the "Go" menu nor anywhere else on the taskbar. So I tried again. However, there was no longer a "News" option on the list to the right of the categories list. I then tried the autorepair process under the help menu, hoping to get the news option back, still no newsreader to be found. Any ideas short of a complete reinstall? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Con...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Import Outlook 2007 PST into 2002?
Hi Is is possible through some converter or whatever, to import the contents of a PST file created by Outlook 2007 Beta2 into Outlook 2002? It doesn't seem to want to do it natively. Thanks Jeremy no. you need to export it into the 2002 format using 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange S...

Outlook 2002
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! ...

MS Money 2004 Premium #2
Logon to MSM2004P is via email address userid and PW through passport. When the softeware is opened, my original default email address appears in the userid input field. The thing is, I recently changed my email address and can't get MSM2004P to use my new email address as the default userid. My passport profile had already been changed to reflect my new email address. I have searched hi and low all over the software's settings looking for a way to make the needed change and can't find any such settings (and no, logging on with the new email address doesn't make i...

MICROSOFT PUBLISHER 2002 #6
I have windows xp/serive pac 2.aprox 6 months ago began receiving "pop-up window- windows installer-The feature u r trying to use is on a cd rom or other removable disk not available-Insert publisher 2002, This pop occurs every time i open window,tab,site etc? attempted tp create "Back-up File",would this cause pop up? have had desktop bout 2 years. Did you try a repair? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rlh" <rlh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D525693E-D1...

Cannot send in html format in outlook 2002
When I send html fomatted email all the recipient receives is attachments and plain text. Even the stationery I try to use comes through as an attachment. This also happens when I forward html formatted mail. I can receive and view html mail. My mail format is set to compose in html and MS Word is selected as my mail editor. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The problem can be on the receiver's end. He might have his Outlook set to "read all mail in plain text." Many companies require this. Try sending mail without Word as your editor and see if that changes anything...

Tracking CD's in MS Money?
I am frustrated trying to us MS Money 2006 to track my CDs. If someone can provide answers to what I thought would be simple questions I would gretaly appreciate it. 1) When I open a CD, how/where do I record it? 2) When I receive monthly interest on the CD, how/where do I record it? 3) When a CD matures or I cash out, how/where do I record it? I'd be happy to just figure out these first three, but as a bonus.... My CD's are at Bank of America, along with my checking and Money Market Savings. Online updates work fine for those accounts, but the CDs never update. Not sure if ...

Money 2000 2K+1 No Longer Supports Online Banking after 31 Jan
Received a note from our bank today saying Money 2K will no longer support online banking services as of January 31st. Not clear as to the implications of that. I am guessing that Microsoft will no longer provide software updates as necessary but Money 2K will still allow online banking. Or...does this mean that the software can no longer be used for online banking after 31 January. The bank is implying the latter, but that sounds a little harsh and, of course, the notice is rather short. Can anyone here clarify? It may well mean that the bank is dropping OFC (or similar) protocol that ...

Export Data From MS Money 2005 STD
How do you export payee info in order to import that contact info into another application? There's no direct way, but an indirect way would be to take the spending by payee report, and customize it: On the Chart Tab: change the view to a report On the Rows & Columns Tab: remove the 'combine all values' entry On the Date tab select all dates On category tab select all categories On payee tab select all payees On the details tab select 'all types' in the Type fields Now view the report (may take a little while to generate). Right click on it...

Does Money Support INternet update from TD Bank ?
I just installed Money 2004. I want to setup direct Internet update from TD Bank, I don't see it under customize updates. Does TD Bank support direct Internet downloads ? If so, how can I find out? If not, which banks in Canada support direct Internet Download ? Thanks There are no banks in Canada which support it right now as far as I know. They are all web-connect... it had something to do with some earlier banking law I think. I know that Quicken XG (CDN) boasted that is supported direct download (with the caveat that the bank had to support it). When I called the rep he said t...

2001 to 2002
When updating Money said it can't find my file and will not convert the old one. Is there any way to fix this. File|Open? "Vip" <Vip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC7810A0-1E8B-4F89-BC5A-76265E126D4E@microsoft.com... > When updating Money said it can't find my file and will not convert the > old > one. Is there any way to fix this. > ...

Setting up account on Pocket PC
Hi everyone, Don't know if this is the right newsgroup or what, but I'm having problems setting up my hotmail on my pocket pc. In Outlook and Outlook Express, it's done almost automatically but on my PDA, it asks for incoming and outgoing mail servers and whether it is POP3 or IMAP4. Does anyone know what the settings for hotmail are in this respect? I have emailed MS but no-one's gotten back to me......... Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Lindsey Copy of post from the PPC group: Lindsey, Could you think about cross posting in future, rather than multi...