Money 2002 - Editing a Wrong CD Transaction

Hello;

Investment Name: GIC(in US$)
Investment Type: CD

About a year ago, I used "Remove Shares" activity, "Value" = 3,000 as a
partial cashing of the CD.

I didn't realize till much later that the transaction was posted in the
"Investment Information for GIC (in US$)" (for whatever reason as)
"Quantity" =
3,000, "Amount" = US$ 0.00 !!!!! (no Price).  Obviously, that is very wrong,
or at least not what I had intented!

I would like to edit that transaction so that I end up with " - 3,000" under
the "Amount" in the "Investment Information", no matter of "Quantity" and /
or "Price", and no other A/C or Investments involved.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

0
monir (43)
3/8/2005 9:13:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Unneeded .txt attachments in Outlook 2002
Recently, for no apparent reason, my e-mails come in as usual, with one exception. They all come with a .txt file as an attachment. When the .txt file is opened, a notepad window opens displaying all the same exact contents as in the body of the e-mail, only in the attachment, everything is plain text. This never happened before and I cannot find any reference to this problem. How can I block these redundant .txt attachments????? Thank you for your knowledge! -Steve Have you restarted Outlook and/or rebooted your machine lately? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to m...

Outlook 2002 hang with error message when closing. #2
My customer is using Windows 98 operating system, with the Office 2002 (XP) version, and many user encounter error message during they want to close the outlook, the problem did not happen when they open it, appreciate somebody can help/advice on this issue. Below is the Error report Contents:Exception Information Code: 0xfff60951 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000 System Information Windows, Minor Version: 10 Build:67766446 CPU Version Code:88A78094 - 30025EC0 -00000001 cpu Version: 00000686 CPU FeatureCode: 0383F9FF CPU AMD Feature Code:...

2002 vs 2007 MS Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs t
I have an Excel file with VBA code that was running fine in version 2002. When I switched to version 2007, it now gives me intermittent "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." My choices are to Send Error Report or Don't Send. It also has a check box for recovering the file. I posted this issue before and it was decided that perhaps the file was corrupted, so I rebuilt the file in the new version from scratch. No change in the problem...ouch! So I'm going to post this code again in hopes somebody will have an idea about how t...

Outlook 2002 crashes when receiving appointment
Hi all, Kind of a weird situation. Our sys admin setup one user with Outlook 2000 so that it will automatically send appointments in her calendar to our exec. director. Used to work fine until the exec got a new computer with Office XP. Now, whenever the exec opens that email, she gets a runtime error and Outlook crashes. My short-term fix was to tell her not to open those emails. I've searched the knowledge base for this or any incompatibilities between Outlook 2000 and 2002. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks, Steve ...

add ticker symbol money 2003
Set up investment accounts with mutual funds but did not enter ticker symbols when I set them up. I need to go back and add them but can't seem to find that option. Is there an easy way to add them by looking them up or entering them? Which screen? On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:56:10 -0700, "s" <shelbyite@hotmail.com> wrote: >Set up investment accounts with mutual funds but did not >enter ticker symbols when I set them up. I need to go >back and add them but can't seem to find that option. Is >there an easy way to add them by looking them up or >e...

Headlines still don't open in MS Money Deluxe 2004
It's been a while since I first reported this problem, and it's still not fixed, at least for me. The "Breaking News" stories open, but the links to the "headlines" don't work. Anyone else having the same problem? "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OmXjNsE9FHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > It's been a while since I first reported this problem, and it's still not > fixed, at least for me. The "Breaking News" stories open, but the links > to the "headlines" don't work. A...

Payroll Transaction Edit List
I would like to modify the Payroll Transaction Edit list to have a pay total per employee and an overall sum at the bottom of the report. I have tried to modify it by multiplying the pay rate by the amount which is in hours. This works for hourly employees, but does not for salary employees. The salary employees pay code is setup with their annual salary so it is multiplying their salary by the hours which is totally wrong. How can I get it to calculate correctly for both hourly and salary employees? Thanks, Jocelyn A calculated field based upon the pay code or pay type would prob...

HR Attendance Transaction & Void efficiency suggestions
Suggestion #1: Balance Adjustment types of HR Attendance Transactions should not be editable after saving... they should go to the same place that posted or "history" transactions go so the only transactions available on lookup would be current, unposted, editable transactions. Suggestion #2: When a payroll check that included attendance transactions is voided, create offsetting balance adjustment attendance transactions automatically. (And then refer to Suggestion #1 again... these transactions should not be editable.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsof...

Money 2004 dragging
Could anyone suggest why 2004 on my XP Home (SP1) might be dragging so slowly even though I have archived the first 6 months of my money file? She starts up great, but I get the rolling hourglass on many of the pages. I back up the file every day to floppy and so far everything seems stable except the way it acts. Thanks for the help. Smitty See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q4. "Smitty" <Smitty@fuhgettaboutit.com> wrote in message news:VsSdnYngw5ahvF2i4p2dnA@comcast.com... > Could anyone suggest why 2004 on my XP Home (SP1) might be dragging so > slowly even thou...

Microsoft Money 2008
I am experimenting with an upgrade to Money Plus (2008 version), from Microsoft Money 2004. The data conversion itself took almost 20 minutes on a P4 XP-Home system. Now that the data is converted, it takes 5 minutes plus to move between areas of the program. During this time, the CPU is maxed out. For Money 2004, this was instantaneous. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this, and/or have a work-around? EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Your file may well be a candidate for "nuke the bills". See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1...

Outlook 2002 Specs
We are wondering if anyone knows the computer specs. that a computer needs in order to run Outlook 2002? Any clues or links are appreciated. Thanks. Jason OFFXP: System Requirements for Microsoft Office XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285342&Product=offxp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jason Dolf asked: | We are wondering if anyone knows th...

file locked for editing
Every time I try to open a certain excel file it say file is locked for editing by certain user. I can open it in read-only mode. The user that is suuposedly got this file locked is not even logged on to the Neteware server where the file is. Any ideas? When this is a single user, two common solutions are to clean up the windows temp folder and to reboot the pc. But since it's a network drive, you might try having the server rebooted (just a guess). larry wrote: > > Every time I try to open a certain excel file it say file > is locked for editing by certain user. I can op...

Editing Wrap points of a graphic
I now have the XP version of publisher. I find it very frustrating. It has lost some of its powerful features. In the older versions of publisher one could edit the wraping points of a graphic from it's "box" to fit its actual outline with just the click of a button. Now it seems that the process is much more complicated...Now, as far as I can tell, the only way to edit the wrap points of a graphic is to do it manually one section at a time. Arrange - textwrapping - edit wrap points. Does anyone know of a faster way?? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new ...

Unassigned value in split transactions in conversion from Quicken 2001 to Microsoft Money v 14
With Quicken withdrawing from the UK market I have taken the plunge and upgraded to MM v 14. There is a serious conversion issue with the processing of split transactions where the first entry is converted correctly but all the other lines from the split transaction generate "empty" split entries each with a blank category and description with a zero value. This leaves an unassigned value equal to the sum of the ignored split entries. I have two Quicken accounts my private accounts going back to 1987 which generated a vast number of these unassigned amounts in split transactions a...

Money 2007 H&B
I have been using Money for years. With the 2005 edition I began having significant slowdown problems, so I upgraded to 2006- Then I had whole pages that would not come up- like the page that tells you what accounts to reconcile after you download from the back. Now I have tried to upgrade to 2007. My first problem was that the email address from before is no longer a valid email address. Do I need to change that??? The second thing is that when I sign in it needs to upload the updates and needs to shut down the program, but it give the error message that it cannot proform this functio...

Bank Transaction Journal
We currently are entering our cash transactions as a Bank Transaction Journal. The problem is that any entries to cash is netted & we only see one amount. On a Bank statement we have both in's & out's for the single transaction. Is there a way that the transaction casn be shown as (2) entries or can we do this entry as a general transaction? Thanks In Tools -- Setup -- Financial -- Posting -- select Series Financial-- Select Origin Bank Transaction Entry -- In the create a Journal Entry Per section -- verify this is by transaction As long as you are entering each ...

Distributed Transaction on SQL 2005
A stored procedure running from server A database db1 updates both local tables, as well as, remote ones, on server B database db2 via a db link. All updates are part of the same distributed transaction. I have got it to work on one server. In other words, I have made all provisions to make this work like turn off rpc security, configure msdtc in windows components. However, when I changed the remote server to be server C database db2... The two inserts done on the local server succeeded. But delete comman against remote table never comes back. No errors or locks. Wha...

How do you build and Share an Outlook 2002 Distrbution List
How do you build an email distribution list on one computer, and then email that same distribution list to another computer? (Computers are not currently networked ...

Money 2005 and Windows Me
Is Money 2005 compatible with Window Me? If it is, is there any reasons why I wouldn't to upgrade Money 2000 to Money 2005 on a computer running Windows me? In microsoft.public.money, 1992mom wrote: >Is Money 2005 compatible with Window Me? Yes. http://www.microsoft.com/money/SystemRequirements.aspx?pid=003 > If it is, is there any reasons why >I wouldn't to upgrade Money 2000 to Money 2005 on a computer running Windows >me? Money 2006 is out and you can get Deluxe at Sams or Costco very reasonably without rebate. ...

Pub 2002
In Publisher 2002, is it possible to join two publisher files formatted exactly alike, without having to copy and paste each page one at a time ?? And a second question : when JPEG pictures are incorporated into a publication, does Publisher convert them to BMP internally, or keep them in compressed form? Thanks for the info.. liaM wrote: > In Publisher 2002, is it possible to join two publisher files formatted > exactly alike, without having to copy and paste each page one at a time ?? No. I've written a tool to do this if you have Publisher 2007; hopefully I'll be able ...

Money 2005 Budget/Debt Issue
Hi all, I am having an issue with the Budget Planner. For some reason, my car loan payment is showing up twice under the debt section. I have seen solutions (make a temp category; find and replace; etc) for other items in the budget...specifically bills, but never for a debt payment which is a section you can't delete. I have an account called Car Loan and must have changed the terms at some point or another because it is deducted twice from the budget, even though it is only in Bills and Deposits once. Also, it has been removed from the DRP so its not coming from that. Any he...

Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Server Citrix Metaframe XPa
I am having problems with setting up the signature file for a user. Outlook will not save the settings. The user has a profile directory and a home directory. the profile dir has the ntuser.dat the home has application data and windows etc.. I get a message saying "This operation has been disabled due to restrictions etc...." How can I fix this ...

Money 2000: Internal Application Error (reports)
Each time I press the reports tab, I get an "MSMONEY" error message: "Internal application error" the only option button is "ok". After pressing ok, the same error message appears once more and the reports page is not activated. I am also unable to view investment charts or get into the "Portfolio" section. When any portfolio link is pressed, there is a slight flicker and the portfolio page never opens. I have already searched all of the related bug reports and attempted most relevant subjects without any luck: The "salvage utility&quo...

outlook 2007 emails started going to the wrong folder??
Emails had been going into the Inbox folder and suddenly are going into another folder. The setting in Account Details are still telling me they should be going into the Inbox??? "jmadden35" <jmadden35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D224E243-62B9-4194-9698-B1793E95BDD7@microsoft.com... > Emails had been going into the Inbox folder and suddenly are going into > another folder. The setting in Account Details are still telling me they > should be going into the Inbox??? Outlook will not do this on its own. What did you change? To what ...

Upgrading from Money 2005 Trial Edition to Full M05 Deluxe Version
I downloaded the M05 Trial Version and purchased the full version of M05 Deluxe on CD at Staple's due to a promotion they're running with Tax Cut. I installed the version I purchased at Staple's and tried to open my Trial Edition M05 file, but couldn't, as it wanted to re-run the file conversion process. I tried running the conversion process, thinking it would see that it was already an M05 file, but was never able to make it work. I've since reinstalled the Trial version, but want to install the full version and use my file. What am I doing wrong? This is a multi-...