Money 2001 Crash, file verify on restart fails/locks

On reading the unnofficial FAQs for the newsgroup through a websearch for a
solution to my problem, it sounds like I may have no hope, but didn't
address my specific problem so I thought I'd see if anyone had a clue as to
what I should do.

Upon opening M2001 last night, it crashed and said (I believe) msmoney.exe
must shut down as it experienced a fatal error (I was only trying to open
the program)  it has done it a few times before, but upon reopening the
program it will open my money file and work fine.
This time, when I reopened it told me that I had not properly closed the
file the last time I had had it open (of course I couldn't it crashed) and
it would subsequently verify to make sure all the pieces are there, or
something like that.
It then locks about 1/4 of the way through the process and I have to use
ctrl-alt-del task manager to end the task to get money closed...
Is there any way to bypass this process?  I tried installing the M2004 trial
thinking it may help, but the repair tool hangs as well.  I have a backup,
but it's a couple months old, I know I should be backing up more often, I
was just wondering if it's possible to restore the old file somehow by
bypassing the verification process.
Thanks in advance for anyone who can possibly help!
-Josh

0
joshm14 (2)
4/7/2004 2:21:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

sorry, forgot to post that I'm running on 2000 Professional, if that would
make a difference
-Josh

"Joshua Z. Metz" <joshm14@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> On reading the unnofficial FAQs for the newsgroup through a websearch for
> solution to my problem, it sounds like I may have no hope, but didn't
> address my specific problem so I thought I'd see if anyone had a clue as
> what I should do.
>
> Upon opening M2001 last night, it crashed and said (I believe) msmoney.exe
> must shut down as it experienced a fatal error (I was only trying to open
> the program)  it has done it a few times before, but upon reopening the
> program it will open my money file and work fine.
> This time, when I reopened it told me that I had not properly closed the
> file the last time I had had it open (of course I couldn't it crashed) and
> it would subsequently verify to make sure all the pieces are there, or
> something like that.
> It then locks about 1/4 of the way through the process and I have to use
> ctrl-alt-del task manager to end the task to get money closed...
> Is there any way to bypass this process?  I tried installing the M2004
trial
> thinking it may help, but the repair tool hangs as well.  I have a backup,
> but it's a couple months old, I know I should be backing up more often, I
> was just wondering if it's possible to restore the old file somehow by
> bypassing the verification process.
> Thanks in advance for anyone who can possibly help!
> -Josh

0
joshm14 (2)

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Write files no shutdown
I have a program that needs to write to several files right before it terminates. I have just noticed that when the program is killed by a system shutdown, these files don't get written. Can anyone give me their opinion as to how to get around this problem? Much appreciated. It depends on how your program is "killed". One way to take care of the problem is to write the files out periodically (every seconds if they have changed). Lots of programs do this sort of thing in a "save" mode so that if the program crashes or is killed the files can still be restored to ...

money 2002 #26

Saving a document in a particular file
Is it possible to restrict the locations in which an Excel document can be saved? I want to put a restriction on a particular file so that the people I send it to have to save it in a specific location on their hard drives... Thanks for any help. Copy/paste to Thisworkbook module. Edit to suit your path. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal _ SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) 'Saves the current file to a certain folder 'Note that any previous version is overwritten Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Gordstuf...

Random emails crash Outlook
Random emails crash Outlook. I have checked if they have had any virus or worm content stripped in Exchange but they do not appear in the TrendMicro log. Right-clicking the email allows for it to be sent to deleted items. If I connect remotely to the user's mailbox I can open the message without problem. I then forward it to the user and they can open the forwarded message. 1 user recently reported that a previously problem email was suddenly viewable so I thought this might suggest that the problem is on the Exchange server but cannot find any errors in the logs. The messages of...

Opening files from other versions
Is there any way that Pub2000 can open a .pub file from another version? I am editor of our local Neighbourhood Watch newsletter and a contributor has sent me an article that refuses to open because it is from a different version. TIA, Willy What version was the original saved in and for that matter wht other information can you give us before this gets to be a guessing game? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "willy" <willy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41f376b1$1@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Is there any way that Pub2000 can open a .pub file from another &...

Print all tabs to a pdf file
I need a macro that will print all of the worksheets in an Excel workbook to separate pdf files for each tab. I would also like to name the pdf file as the name of the tab. How can I accomplish this? If 2007/2010 see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee834871(office.11).aspx Or http://www.rondebruin.nl/pdf.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "JOSEPH WEBER" <JOSEPHWEBER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C7B4249-C429-4762-9BF7-13C17BAFFCAE@microsoft.com... > I need a macro that will print all of the...

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

locked for editing
I've been getting this problem recently. An excel file frequently claims that it is locked for editing when I try to open it. If I restart the computer, it's okay, but it's not always convenient to restart when I need access to that file. This happens even when no one else could possibly be accessing the file over the network because I am disconnected from it and no one has access. The fie is on my local hard drive. What can cause this? A bad or incomplete save? The file is not corrupt when I reboot and am able to access it. Where is the locked for editing status stored? In the f...

Microsoft Money in Australia

Adress list drop down button crashes Outlook 2003
Hello! I got a probem with my Outlook 2003: When I press the button "New Mail" then push "To:" the address book with my contacts open. There is a drop down button on the upper right which should show the list of address books and contact folders. As soon I push this button, the drop down list doesn't open, Outlook reports a "serious error" and crashes - it can only be terminated by the task manager. First I tried to delete to Outlook Address Book in "Control Panel - Mail" because I thought this was corrupt. Deleted it and created a new one. T...

Recover DRM liceenses from crashed hard drive?
I can read the drive when connected as a secondary drive to another computer, but the drive will not boot. Can anyone please tell me how do I recover the DRM licenses from a crashed hard drive? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:58:05 -0500, "Toni" <Toni24@yahoo.com> wrote: >I can read the drive when connected as a secondary drive to another computer, but the >drive will not boot. > >Can anyone please tell me how do I recover the DRM licenses from a crashed hard drive? Oddly enough, this is one of the cases you're expecially hosed. The DRM license i...

provide option preference to Set number of previous files shown
Publisher 2003 appears to have a fixed number of 4previous files to be shown on file menu. This should be increased and settable as a user preference option in line with other Office apps. Also consider increasing the current limit of 9 (to, say, 30, if there has to be a limit at all) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based N...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Moving files after re-stalling Windows XP Pro
Due to a corrupt Windows file I had to re-install Windows. Unfortunately this meant that the new Outlook "Contacts" files, and files I had set up in "My Shortcuts", do not show up in the current Outlook. How can I locate, and move, these files from the old Outlook into the current Outlook? Thanks, The file you need up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm There are specific steps you should take ...

'Lesson Company failed to initialize'
I am getting this error whenever I am trying to install Great Plains. I have followed the instructions at "http://www.albaspectrum.com/Customizations_Whitepapers/Dexterity_SQL_VBA_Crystal/Great_Plains_Installation_Issues.htm" Here they have referred to "TechKnowledge 21167 and TechKnowledge 18256", but I am not getting them. Please give me some clue regarding it: 1. Where shall I found these techdocs, 2. what is the probable problem and how to solve this. (I have checked the SY01700 table in Dynamics, it is empty.) Looking forward for a fast reply Thanking you in anticip...

Problems with Money 2005

Macro for test result Count as pass, fail and incomplete.
Hi all, Please send me a macro to resolve my issue as i have to excecute test cases and after that at the end of the day i need to send the number of count for my test cases as Pass, Fail and incomplete, and right now i'm doing this manually so please send me a macro so that just running that macro i 'll able to count my test result separatly as pass fail and incomplete... Thanx in advance... Amar You have given no information about the data layout, so it is difficult to be specific, but you can probably do what you want with a worksheet function instead of a macro. See Help fo...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

CFileDialog and file selections
Hello, I've derived CFileDialog and added my own button to the default toolbar. The propose of my derived file dialog is for choosing images from a directory and its subfolder. The new button, enables the user to import image from another directory. When the user presses the new button a standard file dialog is opened and the user chooses an image file. Aftre the standard file dialog is closed the focus is back to my derived cfiledialog class. The selected file is copied to the current directory (of my dervied cfile dialog). This process is working, and all I need to do and I don't...

Return Receipt causes Outlook 2000 crash/exception
One of our users on Outlook 2000 has received a message from a user that requested a return receipt. He moved the message to his "Deleted Items" folder, and now cannot delete it or empty the deleted items. If he clicks on it, Outlook crashes with an exception code of 0xC0000005. Attempting to change the message status to "read" results in the same crash. Other info: - The message was sent by a Mozilla/Gecko client - In the Deleted Items folder, the message claims to have no "From:" info, but in the headers, it clearly does. - The message has no X-Se...