money 2001 #14

We dumped our ME and went to XP over the holidays.  I
have my backup copy for money 2001, but I can't open it
without the program disk which I cannot find.  Do I
really need to purchase money 2001 again?  If I do, would
the newest version still allow me to open my 2001?

clueless
0
jlimroth (1)
1/21/2004 5:40:25 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The file that you really want is *.mny, this contains all your data and
account settings.

The latest version is M2004 - I would go for that. You must upgrade within
the same geography. M2001 (UK) > M2004 (US) is not allowed.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

"jean" <jlimroth@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We dumped our ME and went to XP over the holidays.  I
> have my backup copy for money 2001, but I can't open it
> without the program disk which I cannot find.  Do I
> really need to purchase money 2001 again?  If I do, would
> the newest version still allow me to open my 2001?
>
> clueless

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
1/21/2004 5:57:09 PM
In microsoft.public.money, jean wrote:

>We dumped our ME and went to XP over the holidays.  I
>have my backup copy for money 2001, but I can't open it
>without the program disk which I cannot find.  Do I
>really need to purchase money 2001 again?  If I do, would
>the newest version still allow me to open my 2001?

Yes. You would want to buy Money 2004 which can convert your Money
2001 file.

You can try the trial at http://www.microsoft.com/money/deluxe/.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2004 Question #2
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out with this. My landlord requires payment by just one check when my roommates and I pay rent. Every now and then it is my turn to turn in the check. I was wondering if there was a way to categorize my check so that only my part of the total is actually reflected back towards my account. Without the ability to categorize this, it seems that I actually pay 5 times the amount for rent every month, and it screws up my end of month charts. Hope you can help. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Tony wrote: >Hi, I was hoping someone could help me ...

I can�t convert Money 99 file Spanish to Money 2004 English
I can�t convert my file of money 99 spanish to money 2004 english. Why can I do? perezlaser2@ono.com Basically Money cannot convert a file from one region to another. However there is a workaround - see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "Rafael P�rez" <perezlaser@retemail.es> wrote in messa...

Calculated Field (Current Date plus 14 days)
Dear Experts: I would like to insert a calculated field into a letter. The field is first to reference a bookmarked field {DATE} that is placed in the letterhead (bookmark name = CurrentDate). Then 14 days have to be added to this bookmarked {DATE}-Field and the result is to be displayed in a field. Is that possible. Regards, Andreas See http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_other_than_today.htm and especially the links to http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

error message 11-14-07
I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message for this error." when I try to open my data base. This is a linked data base that the employees use. I can open the main data base with no problem. This just started happening this morning. -- clcnewtoaccess This probably has something to do with the linked tables. Try to relink the tables one by one and you'll be prompted with the one causing the trouble (renamed?) hth -- Maurice Ausum "clcnewtoaccess" wrote: > I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message...

Money Data Recovery
Here is a nice one for all you MVPs out there. Money file on PC damaged. Can't find my backup CD. About two years of data in there. Pocket PC has all the data. Cannot sync because file damaged. Create new file and sync, ask to break link said ok and still will not sync data. Can I get this data out from the Pocket PC and into a file somewhere in any readable format? If I upgrade both machines will it magically sync after that (hoping that some MS programmer saw this coming and decided to spend a weekend working on this). Darion Find the readme for the PPC client. I believe it ha...

disk cleanup deletes Money
Everytime I run my disk cleanup utility it deletes Money Express. Any ideas why this happens or how to prevent it? Thanks What is Money Express? Is it deleting the data files (designated by ????.MNY where ???? is the name of your Money files, assuming this is Microsoft Money). >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I run my disk cleanup utility it deletes Money >Express. > >Any ideas why this happens or how to prevent it? > >Thanks >. > oscar It probably realizes that Money Express is Totally useless. Bob "oscar" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Run-time error 2001 when I build a filter
I am building a filter from a set of fields for my users to search the database. I have the whole "if not isnull(textfeild) then" stuff.... and when I stick to fields that relate to text it works fine... I have an auto number fiend (relates to the item ID) and a date field. How do I extract these pieces of information and add them to the filter string in order for searches to be done on them? Thanks Jeremy ...

'Headlines from MSN Money'
Hi, I'm using Money 2005 and the 'Headlines from MSN Money' section hasn't changed for over two weeks even though I update it every other day the Headlines have remained the same. Any ideas? Cheers. Just managed to sort the problem. Seems it was related to a Winsock fault I had and a copy of Winsockxpfix soon sorted it. "Sean Ashdown" <sashdown@tracecontrols.com> wrote in message news:kP_ve.7310$G2.2547@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hi, > I'm using Money 2005 and the 'Headlines from MSN Money' section hasn't > changed for ove...

2004 money deluxe file on win XP trying to open in money plus on V
I have recently transferred from XP to Vista - also upgraded to money plus. I cannot open my file in money plus. The one I did get opened there is nothing there. Do I need to export from old computer? I have no CD drives working so I can use the easy transfer cable. I thought I did transfer my money file but when it opens it is blank. HELP! In microsoft.public.money, Sweet P wrote: >I have recently transferred from XP to Vista - also upgraded to money plus. >I cannot open my file in money plus. The one I did get opened there is >nothing there. Do I need to export from...

Help with Formula #14
Hi, Just need help with a quick formula. Column A contains the Month (i.e. January, February, March etc..) Column B contains either "Open" or "Closed" I currently have the following formula in column C :- =COUNTIF(B1:B54,"Open") This counts how many cells in column B contain "Open" I would like a formula in the cell that say's countif A = January and B = Open. Thanks Try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A154="January")*(B1:B154="Open") -- Special- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Special-K's Pr...

Money 2006 Small Business invoices
I just bought Money 2006 SB because I read somewhere that it (finally) can email HTML invoices and has a totally revamped invoice designer. So imagine my disappointment -- disgust, actually, since Microsoft hasn't gotten this product right in over 10 years -- when I found the same old piece of crap invoice designer and no way to send HTML invoices. Am I missing something here? Some secret key that I have to enter to unlock this function? I upgraded from Money 2004 SB, if that makes a difference. Rahul M. "Rahul M." <rmangaldas@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131143473...

Importing Money File Problem
I've used Money to track my finances for several years. Got a new computer and when I imported the Money file it shows the available save directories of the old computer. Can't understand why it doesn't show the new alternatives. This is causing me to have to manually copy/paste a file from the C Drive to my external HD. Any ideas? Thanks Instead of opening Money and then the file, go to the file itself in Explorer and double-click it. Does that work? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:320ADD3E-3ADE-4...

Vanguard transactions not downloading correctly, Money 2006
I am having a terrible time trying to download my Vanguard transactions into Money 2006. For some reason everytime I try to update my vanguard accounts money tries to make some adjustments so that my account in money will match my account at vangaurd. The problem is that the account matches before the adjustment so after the adjustment the account is wrong. I adjust my account in money to make up for the bogus transaction entered by money but next time I update from the internet money will again make a bogus transaction to "balance" my account. Is anyone else having this problem? A...

Money Plus Install Error
When trying to install downloaded trial version MS Money Plus I receive this error: "The AUTORUN.INF file is missing or corrupt." What is necessary to correct this problem? [Windows XP SP2 on an IBM Thinkpad A31] In microsoft.public.money, Mr. Wizard wrote: >When trying to install downloaded trial version MS Money Plus I receive this >error: >"The AUTORUN.INF file is missing or corrupt." >What is necessary to correct this problem? >[Windows XP SP2 on an IBM Thinkpad A31] You downloaded a big *.exe file. If you right-click the file in Windows Explorer...

Money 2005
I have all my accounts on the Advance Register. I had butchered them pretty badly, but I now have everything balanced. Along the way, I think I turned off automatically balanced. Once I accept and categorize all downloaded transactions, I want to balance the account. Where do I do this? I've been spinning on it for 2 hours. I don't want to have to go through the standard "balance this account" where I enter a date and amount. I want to balance it against the data downloaded from my institution. Where is this hidden :) I know I've seen it!! In microsoft.publi...

corrupted Money 4.0 file
Unexpected crashing of Money 4.0 has corrupted existing file and it will not reopen. Existing (intrinsic)repair utility fails ('error signature' message) as does latest salvage.exe operation ('no broken record' message) Program uninstalled and reinstalled and runs old backup files correctly but not recent ones (attempts to repair all of these - unsuccessfully) Most recent good backup 3 months old - lots of data to re- enter if I cannot fix corrupted file(s) Any other utilities available? Could later versions open (repair) a 4.0 file if it is unhealthy ? Grateful for a...

Online quotes for Money 2000 Italian (version 8.0)
Hello there. I recently purchased some new SICAV but cannot make the online quotes download to work. I have always downloaded quotes from IlSOle24Ore, which is the national web site where to get those info, but apparently the SICAV abbreviation belongs to the MSN web site and I am not able to make it work, though I can see the quote on the MSN web site. The abbreviation I inserted into money is correct. I'm using Money 2000 Italian on Windows XP. Unfortunately I cannot purchase the new Money version since it has not yet been released in Italian ;-) I was wondering if there was a...

FORMULA #14

Money 2005 logs you out of Passport online
A few people have posted this question already, but there is still no answer. When I open Money 2005, it automatically signs me out of my .net passport online (even if I check the box "sign me in automatically"). Is this a known issue yet? Is there a fix? ...

moving files between editions of Money
If I have two computers, one with Money Deluxe 2005 and the other with Money Standard 2006, would I be able to move a single Money file back and forth between the two machines? Depending on the computer demands of my kids, it would be nice to take the CD containing the file to whichever machine happens to be free... Forth, yes. Back. No. Money files are NOT version interoperable. Future versions update older version files irreversibly. Once an M06 file, never again an M05 file. "rofo" <rofo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06E2F189-96C5-4E2B-9F05-63DF0...

Blog on MS Money discontinuation
It might be worth adding a few comments to this blog! http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/180690.asp off topic but for people who want to continue to use the money data file as is: according to http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx Update (8/5/09): Later this year, Microsoft will release versions of Money Plus Deluxe and Money Plus Home & Business that will not require online activation. This version will allow you to keep your Money files and transactional history but will not allow access to online services or premium services. Check back here for additional informati...

When will Money for PPC support Int dates????
Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying. Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates! When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:OjWJ5L1AFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying. > > Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates! > > BUT how hard is it. NO other app is so date dumb. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-sprin...

Is there a way to synchronise Money databases?
Is it possible to synchronise (even just one way) Money databases for specific account(s)? I would like my wife to maintain her cash account in her version of Money and synchronise it to the main database. Thanks, Andre The short answer is No. Any longer answer is an ugly workaround. "Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:279C77F7-3113-4BBF-A23C-CC7007A8D171@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to synchronise (even just one way) Money databases for > specific account(s)? I would like my wife to maintain her cash account in her > version of M...

Entry of Interest Only Mortgage into Money 2007
I need help creating an account in Money 2007 for my interest only mortgage. Money automatically calculates a principle and interest entry for me that is inaccurate, because the principle balance does not change unless I make an additional payment, which I do some times. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, FiscusTJ@gmail.com wrote: >I need help creating an account in Money 2007 for my interest only >mortgage. Money automatically calculates a principle and interest >entry for me that is inaccurate, because the principle balance does >not change u...

Bought MS Money on ebay
FYI... I have MS Money Plus Premium and the online service expired a few days ago. I bought a new, still in the wrap copy of MS Money Plus Deluxe 2008. I know that's not the same title as my Plus Premium but gave it a try anyway. I asked the seller to send me the activation code ahead of the CD, which he did but the code didn't work for activating a service extension. Perhaps when I install using the CD (on a different computer to test it), it will allow me to: 1) activate the online service; 2) use the same data files from Plus Premium, so I can update stock quotes. Again,...