money 2000

1.When I reinstalled  Vista all my entries in Money 2000 between 8/2008 and
11/2009 are missing.  Any idea how I can retrieve those

2. When I try to back up money files I get a message that says Back to hard
disk failed or was canceled.
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"marys" wrote:

> 1.When I reinstalled  Vista all my entries in Money 2000 between 8/2008 and
> 11/2009 are missing.  Any idea how I can retrieve those
>
> 2. When I try to back up money files I get a message that says Back to hard
> disk failed or was canceled.

You should have a backup from the last time you closed Money and all of the
ones previously, assuming you chose "backup" each time. Hope you can find
them on your HD by searching for " .mbf"  and ".mny" files. Use one prior to
when you lost the data. Good luck.
marys wrote:
> 1.When I reinstalled  Vista all my entries in Money 2000 between 8/2008 and
> 11/2009 are missing.  Any idea how I can retrieve those
>
> 2. When I try to back up money files I get a message that says Back to hard
> disk failed or was canceled.

Did you originally install Vista on 8/2008?

Was your Money data file located in "Program Files"?

If yes to both, Vista has been "virtualizing" your Money data file since
8/2008, which is why the transactions are missing.

If your old user directory from 8/2008 to 11/2009 was deleted when you
reinstalled Vista, and you have no backups of that user directory, you
are probably out of luck.

If your old user directory from 8/2008 to 11/2009 still exists, or you
can restore a backup of it, change "Folder Options" so that you can see
hidden and system files, and files protected by the operating system,
and look under "C:\Users\[old
username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\[name of Money 2000
directory]\" for your data file.

Whether you find your old file or not (hopefully you do), make sure you
move your active Money data file to "Documents" or another such location
in your user profile, and double-click it to start Money and set the new
location as the default location.

--
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com
marys wrote:
<snip>

> 2. When I try to back up money files I get a message that says Back to hard
> disk failed or was canceled.

The backup path is embedded in the Money data file, and the target
location may no longer exist due to the reinstallation of Vista.  You
should be able to fix this by checking your backup options.  As Money
2002 was my first Money version, I'm not sure where this will be in
Money 2000, but if the interface is similar, look under > Tools >
Options, and then look for a tab with backup options.

--
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com
0
Scott
12/5/2009 9:15:49 PM

"Scott Tyler" wrote:

> marys wrote:
> > 1.When I reinstalled  Vista all my entries in Money 2000 between 8/2008 and
> > 11/2009 are missing.  Any idea how I can retrieve those
> >
> > 2. When I try to back up money files I get a message that says Back to hard
> > disk failed or was canceled.
>
> Did you originally install Vista on 8/2008?
>
> Was your Money data file located in "Program Files"?
>
> If yes to both, Vista has been "virtualizing" your Money data file since
> 8/2008, which is why the transactions are missing.
>
> If your old user directory from 8/2008 to 11/2009 was deleted when you
> reinstalled Vista, and you have no backups of that user directory, you
> are probably out of luck.
>
> If your old user directory from 8/2008 to 11/2009 still exists, or you
> can restore a backup of it, change "Folder Options" so that you can see
> hidden and system files, and files protected by the operating system,
> and look under "C:\Users\[old
> username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\[name of Money 2000
> directory]\" for your data file.
>
> Whether you find your old file or not (hopefully you do), make sure you
> move your active Money data file to "Documents" or another such location
> in your user profile, and double-click it to start Money and set the new
> location as the default location.
>
> --
> Scott Tyler
> agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com
> .

Worked! Thank you!!! Found all the files! You made my day!!!

"Scott Tyler" wrote:

> marys wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > 2. When I try to back up money files I get a message that says Back to hard
> > disk failed or was canceled.
>
> The backup path is embedded in the Money data file, and the target
> location may no longer exist due to the reinstallation of Vista.  You
> should be able to fix this by checking your backup options.  As Money
> 2002 was my first Money version, I'm not sure where this will be in
> Money 2000, but if the interface is similar, look under > Tools >
> Options, and then look for a tab with backup options.
>
> --
> Scott Tyler
> agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com
> .
> Okay you did it again! This too is fixed and I thank you profusely!

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Test Backup restore from Exchange 2000 to StandbyServer
I would like to perform a full restore (db and mailbox) from my ExchangeProduction to ExchangeStandbyServer to make sure I become familiar with new backup software setup recently. I also would like to have an idea of time it takes to perform that backup and test data integrity often. Besides my StandbyServer, currently I have just one server available (not the same hardware used in the Exchange production) that I could use to setup a lab for the testing. I have no $ for DLT or other servers like DC's I would need to setup the lab. Would be possible, viable and safe perform this restore t...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Exchange Server 2000
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. My E-Mail is down. I have Jobs in the Que but none of the users can connect to the server. The last time this Happened, someone from Microsoft Rebuild my data file. I beleive I have some of the commands but I want to make sure. Does anyone have the instructions? I had to re mount the Store and go into the Command Promt and run some commands but I am not sure the procedure and what files to remove. Thanks MOE Check your Event Viewer for related errors to this issue. Sounds like you may be reaching your 16GB limit...

Stencil Help for Visio 2000
Hi All, Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? thanks r Reg, The "Building Core" stencil has stairs and elevators, but I believe that this stencil only shipped with the Technical version of the product. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Reg" <rabjohnson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:03e501c35083$1a591750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? > > thanks > > r ...

Return Receipt causes Outlook 2000 crash/exception
One of our users on Outlook 2000 has received a message from a user that requested a return receipt. He moved the message to his "Deleted Items" folder, and now cannot delete it or empty the deleted items. If he clicks on it, Outlook crashes with an exception code of 0xC0000005. Attempting to change the message status to "read" results in the same crash. Other info: - The message was sent by a Mozilla/Gecko client - In the Deleted Items folder, the message claims to have no "From:" info, but in the headers, it clearly does. - The message has no X-Se...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...

MS Money 2006 and Money for PPC
I have installed MS Money2006 trial version and microsoft money for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 operative system,device i-mate JASJAR. i can't sinchronize both money data pn PC and PPC and all the time ther is window with message "reading device databases". With Windows Mobile 2003 SE with same softwares there was no problems. I'm using also ZoneAlarm Firewall. If somebody know solution, I will appreciate it! Thanks in advance. Davor Opic P.S. Please, if you want, answer on my email addres: davor.opic@po.htnet.hr ...

Can I setup Exch2003 (co-exist with Exh2000) if FE 2000 is running ?
I would like to upgrade from Exch2000 to Exch2003. I am trying to install a new box with Exch2003 and gradually move mailboxes from my existing Exch2000 to the new Exch2003. The problem is that when I tried to install Exh2003, I got a message saying that I can't install Exch2003 if Exch2000 FE is running. I will need two weeks to prepare users for OWA 2003. I can't just upgrade it now. Is there any workaround that lets me setup Exch2003 when running FE 2000 ? Please advise. Hi Marlon, The frontends must be upgraded first. Your users will not see a difference in the appearance of ...