Money 2000: Wont Add New Transaction

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Anyways I went to add a new withdrawal to my checking
account and when I go to hit the button to add a new
withdrawal transaction it wont do anything.  Transfer and
deposit will work.  Am I missing something?
money 28651 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Cousintroy wrote:

>If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
>Anyways I went to add a new withdrawal to my checking
>account and when I go to hit the button to add a new
>withdrawal transaction it wont do anything.  Transfer and
>deposit will work.  Am I missing something?

Try entering the transaction as a deposit or withdrawal. For the
Category choose Transfer and choose the other account as the
Subcategory.

0
via_newsgroup (13119)
12/6/2003 2:42:25 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Cousintroy wrote:
>
>>If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
>>Anyways I went to add a new withdrawal to my checking
>>account and when I go to hit the button to add a new
>>withdrawal transaction it wont do anything.  Transfer and
>>deposit will work.  Am I missing something?
>
>Try entering the transaction as a deposit or withdrawal. For the
>Category choose Transfer and choose the other account as the
>Subcategory.

Oops... I mis-read. You might try switching to "Enter Transactions
Directly into the Register" by clicking the little down-arrow above
the flag at the top of the register.

0
via_newsgroup (13119)
12/6/2003 3:02:54 PM

I tried that as well but no avail.  The wierd thing is
that if I go to my savings account and click the new
transaction for a withdrawal it will work.  But if I go
back to checking account and click the new withdrawal
transaction button it still wont do it.
0
anonymous (74739)
12/6/2003 4:01:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> [...]

I would make sure that the problem does not occur for a
File->NewFile  or the sample.mny file. If the problem is not common
to one of those, consider file repair with salv.exe.

See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104

0
via_newsgroup (13119)
12/6/2003 4:32:10 PM

Found out what it was.  Saw the link you posted and saw a
thing about a fix and added the -s to the executable and
it worked.  Thanks for the help guys.

Two computers, one Money file.

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Find and replace new line character
I would like to find and replace a return character (or new line, or \n, or chr(10) -- take your pick) at the beginning of a field with an empty string "". I would really rather not have to write an update query or a script. Is there a way to enter special characters into the find & replace dialogue box? I would expect to be able to find "\n" and replace with "", matching "Start of Field" but that doesn't work. I'm using Access 2003. On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:50:00 -0800, mmapes <mmapes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The F&...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

problems opening new email/calendar entries
when I try to open a new email/calendar entry, I get the following error message in Outlook 2007: Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found. I have had this problem previously but can't remember where I found the solution which was somewhere on this forum. I know I have to delete a specific file folder, but can't remember which one. anyone who can assist? Thanks! ...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

Test Backup restore from Exchange 2000 to StandbyServer
I would like to perform a full restore (db and mailbox) from my ExchangeProduction to ExchangeStandbyServer to make sure I become familiar with new backup software setup recently. I also would like to have an idea of time it takes to perform that backup and test data integrity often. Besides my StandbyServer, currently I have just one server available (not the same hardware used in the Exchange production) that I could use to setup a lab for the testing. I have no $ for DLT or other servers like DC's I would need to setup the lab. Would be possible, viable and safe perform this restore t...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Adding the Notes functionality to a new Notes tab
I would like to include the standard Notes functionality on an existing Entity (Quote Product) Form. Currently we can not add notes at the Quote Product level but rather only at the Quote level. Instead of creating a big memo field we'd like to use the current Notes functionality. Thanks! On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 07:15:01 -0700, MDV1457 <MDV1457@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to include the standard Notes functionality on an existing >Entity (Quote Product) Form. Currently we can not add notes at the Quote >Product level but rather only at the Quote lev...

money vs simply accounting

Stencil Help for Visio 2000
Hi All, Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? thanks r Reg, The "Building Core" stencil has stairs and elevators, but I believe that this stencil only shipped with the Technical version of the product. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Reg" <rabjohnson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:03e501c35083$1a591750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? > > thanks > > r ...

Money Data #2

Missing Sent and From when saving a new e-mail message
Hi, I have developed an Office Add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2007. I intercept the Sent event to bring up a dialog for the user to choose a location in our document management system and then use the built in SaveAs(...) method to store the e-mail. This works fine, except for the fact that the e-mail has not yet been sent at this stage, so the saved file does not include any information of "Sent" or "From" as it normally would. What would be the best way to overcome this issue? I have tried storing the EntryID of the mailitem and then retreiving the item later to do the S...

Return Receipt causes Outlook 2000 crash/exception
One of our users on Outlook 2000 has received a message from a user that requested a return receipt. He moved the message to his "Deleted Items" folder, and now cannot delete it or empty the deleted items. If he clicks on it, Outlook crashes with an exception code of 0xC0000005. Attempting to change the message status to "read" results in the same crash. Other info: - The message was sent by a Mozilla/Gecko client - In the Deleted Items folder, the message claims to have no "From:" info, but in the headers, it clearly does. - The message has no X-Se...

Exchange Server 2000
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. My E-Mail is down. I have Jobs in the Que but none of the users can connect to the server. The last time this Happened, someone from Microsoft Rebuild my data file. I beleive I have some of the commands but I want to make sure. Does anyone have the instructions? I had to re mount the Store and go into the Command Promt and run some commands but I am not sure the procedure and what files to remove. Thanks MOE Check your Event Viewer for related errors to this issue. Sounds like you may be reaching your 16GB limit...

How can I add a value to entire spreadsheet?
I have a speadsheet with numbers in the columns. I need to add the same value to each amount in the columns. I know this can be done as I have done it before but I cannot remember how to. Any help would be great! You've a response to your post in worksheet.functions -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Brita Jack" wrote: > I have a speadsheet with numbers in the columns. I need to add the same value > to each amount in the columns. I know this can be done as I have done it > before but...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Add userdefs to Unit Account setup
Can you add userdef fields to the Unit Account Setups form? We have users that could make use of those fields. It looks like it would be an easy thing to add. I can use Modifier, but if it's out of the can, it would be better for our clients. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...