Money 2000 compatible with XP Professional

Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional?
Thanks.
0
dwifi (3)
6/14/2005 6:26:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, dwi-fi wrote:

>Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional?

Yes, but it has to be an Administrator account.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/14/2005 6:35:55 PM
Does this mean I can move Money 2000 version 8.0 from my 98 based PC to my XP
based PC and it will run ok? Thanks.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, dwi-fi wrote:
>
> >Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional?
>
> Yes, but it has to be an Administrator account.

0
dwifi (3)
6/14/2005 9:46:04 PM
"move" as in copy some files like msmoney.exe? No. You will need to install
it using the Money installer.

"dwi-fi" <dwifi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does this mean I can move Money 2000 version 8.0 from my 98 based PC to my
XP
> based PC and it will run ok? Thanks.

I have the same question..except I have the Deluxe (Canadian) version of
Money 2000. I have tried to install it on my XP MCE 2004 system, with
administrator privileges, to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Someone said it can
be done under the Administrator account.  How do I go about doing this? I
believe the message I get is " this version of Money is not supported", or
something like that.

"dwi-fi" wrote:

> Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional?
> Thanks.
0
imkhat (3)
11/10/2005 7:32:11 PM
In microsoft.public.money, imkhat wrote:

>I have the same question..except I have the Deluxe (Canadian) version of
>Money 2000. I have tried to install it on my XP MCE 2004 system, with
>administrator privileges, to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Someone said it can
>be done under the Administrator account.  How do I go about doing this?

Start->Settings->ControlPanel->UserAccounts will show for each
account if the account is a "Computer Administrator" or a "Limited
Account". Guest is another possibility, but that is unlikely to be
the account you are trying to install and run from.

>believe the message I get is " this version of Money is not supported", or
>something like that.

When posting an error message, it is good to post the precise
message.

>"dwi-fi" wrote:
>
>> Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional?
>> Thanks.

I am not sure, but I think so.

Try installing but have Money not try to convert your old file.
Instead have Money create a new file called temp.mny.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/10/2005 8:59:21 PM
Thanks for the response.  I am the Administrator on my PC, and have fre reign
over what to install.

I tried again to install Money 2000 Deluxe on My XP Pro (actually MCE 2004,
which is based on XP Pro) so I could give you the precise error message and
actually encountered something entirely different this time! I tried to run
the setup.exe file, as it would not Autorun from the disk.
The message window had

'16 bit Windows Subsystem'

at the top, and then the body reads

 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
terminate the application.'
My options were then to choose Close or Ignore, with both options resulting
in the application shutting down.

I attempted the install a few times, with the same message each attempt.  I
really hope I can figure this out, as I love my version of Money, and as a
Canadian, can not get a Deluxe version of a newer release.

Sorry for the novel!  Hope somebody can help.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, imkhat wrote:
>
> >I have the same question..except I have the Deluxe (Canadian) version of
> >Money 2000. I have tried to install it on my XP MCE 2004 system, with
> >administrator privileges, to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Someone said it can
> >be done under the Administrator account.  How do I go about doing this?
>

> Start->Settings->ControlPanel->UserAccounts will show for each
> account if the account is a "Computer Administrator" or a "Limited
> Account". Guest is another possibility, but that is unlikely to be
> the account you are trying to install and run from.

> >believe the message I get is " this version of Money is not supported", or
> >something like that.
>
> When posting an error message, it is good to post the precise
> message.
>

> >"dwi-fi" wrote:
> >
> >> Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional?
> >> Thanks.
>
> I am not sure, but I think so.
>
> Try installing but have Money not try to convert your old file.
> Instead have Money create a new file called temp.mny.

0
imkhat (3)
11/11/2005 2:42:01 AM
Have you tried compatibility mode if available on mce.

"imkhat" <imkhat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the response.  I am the Administrator on my PC, and have fre
> reign
> over what to install.
>
> I tried again to install Money 2000 Deluxe on My XP Pro (actually MCE
> 2004,
> which is based on XP Pro) so I could give you the precise error message
> and
> actually encountered something entirely different this time! I tried to
> run
> the setup.exe file, as it would not Autorun from the disk.
> The message window had
>
> '16 bit Windows Subsystem'
>
> at the top, and then the body reads
>
> 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
> terminate the application.'
> My options were then to choose Close or Ignore, with both options
> resulting
> in the application shutting down.
>
> I attempted the install a few times, with the same message each attempt.
> really hope I can figure this out, as I love my version of Money, and as a
> Canadian, can not get a Deluxe version of a newer release.
>
> Sorry for the novel!  Hope somebody can help.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, imkhat wrote:
>>
>> >I have the same question..except I have the Deluxe (Canadian) version of
>> >Money 2000. I have tried to install it on my XP MCE 2004 system, with
>> >administrator privileges, to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Someone said
>> >it can
>> >be done under the Administrator account.  How do I go about doing this?
>>

>> Start->Settings->ControlPanel->UserAccounts will show for each
>> account if the account is a "Computer Administrator" or a "Limited
>> Account". Guest is another possibility, but that is unlikely to be
>> the account you are trying to install and run from.

>> >believe the message I get is " this version of Money is not supported",
>> >or
>> >something like that.
>>
>> When posting an error message, it is good to post the precise
>> message.

>> I am not sure, but I think so.
>>
>> Try installing but have Money not try to convert your old file.
>> Instead have Money create a new file called temp.mny.

0
jbfoofy1 (37)
11/13/2005 3:54:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I got it figured though.  Apparently installing
Microsoft's AntiSpyware Beta, (which I did) puts something called
"gcasDtServHolder" on the startup menu and alters 3 files in the
Windows\System32 folder: CONFIG.NT, AUTOEXEC.NT, and the MS Dos Application
command. This effectively prevents installing any DOS-based program into XP.
To fix, I downloaded the files and copied into the Windows\System32 folder,
and Money 2000 is now installed and working beautifully on my system.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my query. Hopefully, this will be of help
to others.

**One person claimed to have this problem also after installing the NVIDIA
GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X video card, which I also have.  However, the
majority of people with this error message discovered it to be from the
Microsoft AntiSpyware program.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Have you tried compatibility mode if available on mce.
>

> "imkhat" <imkhat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the response.  I am the Administrator on my PC, and have fre
> > reign
> > over what to install.
> >
> > I tried again to install Money 2000 Deluxe on My XP Pro (actually MCE
> > 2004,
> > which is based on XP Pro) so I could give you the precise error message
> > and
> > actually encountered something entirely different this time! I tried to
> > run
> > the setup.exe file, as it would not Autorun from the disk.
> > The message window had
> >
> > '16 bit Windows Subsystem'
> >
> > at the top, and then the body reads
> >
> > 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
> > terminate the application.'
> > My options were then to choose Close or Ignore, with both options
> > resulting
> > in the application shutting down.
> >
> > I attempted the install a few times, with the same message each attempt.
> > really hope I can figure this out, as I love my version of Money, and as a
> > Canadian, can not get a Deluxe version of a newer release.
> >
> > Sorry for the novel!  Hope somebody can help.

> >> Start->Settings->ControlPanel->UserAccounts will show for each
> >> account if the account is a "Computer Administrator" or a "Limited
> >> Account". Guest is another possibility, but that is unlikely to be
> >> the account you are trying to install and run from.

> >> When posting an error message, it is good to post the precise
> >> message.

> >> I am not sure, but I think so.
> >>
> >> Try installing but have Money not try to convert your old file.
> >> Instead have Money create a new file called temp.mny.

0
imkhat (3)

Two computers, one Money file.

Move folder in XP
Hi, The following macro takes files that are in one directory ("C:\Fishbowl\Req_Serv\one"), and puts them in a newly created directory ("C:\Fishbowl\Solved_Service_Cases\one". This works in Excel 2000 running on 98, but does not work in Excel 2000 running on XP. In 98, this creates a new subdir named "one" under "Solved_Service_Cases" and MOVES everything from the first directory into it. (Before running this macro, there is a dir called "one" in the "oldname" directory but not in the NewName directory.) I have heard that XP wil...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

Moving files after re-stalling Windows XP Pro
Due to a corrupt Windows file I had to re-install Windows. Unfortunately this meant that the new Outlook "Contacts" files, and files I had set up in "My Shortcuts", do not show up in the current Outlook. How can I locate, and move, these files from the old Outlook into the current Outlook? Thanks, The file you need up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm There are specific steps you should take ...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Test Backup restore from Exchange 2000 to StandbyServer
I would like to perform a full restore (db and mailbox) from my ExchangeProduction to ExchangeStandbyServer to make sure I become familiar with new backup software setup recently. I also would like to have an idea of time it takes to perform that backup and test data integrity often. Besides my StandbyServer, currently I have just one server available (not the same hardware used in the Exchange production) that I could use to setup a lab for the testing. I have no $ for DLT or other servers like DC's I would need to setup the lab. Would be possible, viable and safe perform this restore t...

Problems with Money 2005

using windows xp chart wizard, how to create secondary axis
previous posts related to secondary axis were unhelpful they did not reveal steps related to windows xp chart wizard i.e. what does display the format dialog mean? Hi, You can display the Format dialog in a number of different ways. Select the item and then right click. From the popup menu choose Format select object. You maybe able to simply double click the item, which will show the dialog. Or again with the item selected use the menus Format > Selected xxx None of the above is XP specific. Cheers Andy geraldwicks1962@yahoo.com wrote: > previous posts related to secondary axis...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Exchange Server 2000
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. My E-Mail is down. I have Jobs in the Que but none of the users can connect to the server. The last time this Happened, someone from Microsoft Rebuild my data file. I beleive I have some of the commands but I want to make sure. Does anyone have the instructions? I had to re mount the Store and go into the Command Promt and run some commands but I am not sure the procedure and what files to remove. Thanks MOE Check your Event Viewer for related errors to this issue. Sounds like you may be reaching your 16GB limit...

Stencil Help for Visio 2000
Hi All, Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? thanks r Reg, The "Building Core" stencil has stairs and elevators, but I believe that this stencil only shipped with the Technical version of the product. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Reg" <rabjohnson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:03e501c35083$1a591750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? > > thanks > > r ...

Return Receipt causes Outlook 2000 crash/exception
One of our users on Outlook 2000 has received a message from a user that requested a return receipt. He moved the message to his "Deleted Items" folder, and now cannot delete it or empty the deleted items. If he clicks on it, Outlook crashes with an exception code of 0xC0000005. Attempting to change the message status to "read" results in the same crash. Other info: - The message was sent by a Mozilla/Gecko client - In the Deleted Items folder, the message claims to have no "From:" info, but in the headers, it clearly does. - The message has no X-Se...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...