Money 2000 2K+1 No Longer Supports Online Banking after 31 Jan

Received a note from our bank today saying Money 2K will no longer support
online banking services as of January 31st. Not clear as to the implications
of that. I am guessing that Microsoft will no longer provide software updates
as necessary but Money 2K will still allow online banking. Or...does this
mean that the software can no longer be used for online banking after 31
January. The bank is implying the latter, but that sounds a little harsh and,
of course, the notice is rather short. Can anyone here clarify?
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It may well mean that the bank is dropping OFC (or similar) protocol that is
all M2K supports. I'm betting the bank is changing, not an old version of
Money.

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>It may well mean that the bank is dropping OFC (or similar) protocol that is
>all M2K supports. I'm betting the bank is changing, not an old version of
>Money.

Or dropping OFX Version 1.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/22/2005 11:16:28 PM
Letter from bank says "we have been informed by your financial management
software provider" that ... Money 2000 and 2001 will no longer support online
banking services. They go on to say: "This change is not under the control of
[the] bank". That says to me that Microsoft has initiated the change. So, do
you think that users of Money 2000 and 2001 will not be able to connect
online with my bank after January 31? You see, this is what is puzzling. If
the bank is not making a change, why should I not be able connect with the
bank and exchange data. It's just my computer talking to the bank's server.
How is Microsoft involved in that transaction?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:
>
> >It may well mean that the bank is dropping OFC (or similar) protocol that is
> >all M2K supports. I'm betting the bank is changing, not an old version of
> >Money.
>
> Or dropping OFX Version 1.

I'll let the True Believers in Downloaded Transaction Data answer for sure.
My bet is still that the FI is upgrading their system interface. Maybe
Microsoft has some hooks in a contract with them that they can force the FI
to stop supporting an old interface. Who knows?

> Letter from bank says "we have been informed by your financial management
> software provider" that ... Money 2000 and 2001 will no longer support
> online
> banking services. They go on to say: "This change is not under the control
> of
> [the] bank". That says to me that Microsoft has initiated the change. So,
> do
> you think that users of Money 2000 and 2001 will not be able to connect
> online with my bank after January 31? You see, this is what is puzzling.
> If
> the bank is not making a change, why should I not be able connect with the
> bank and exchange data. It's just my computer talking to the bank's
> server.
> How is Microsoft involved in that transaction?
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:
>>
>> >It may well mean that the bank is dropping OFC (or similar) protocol
>> >that is
>> >all M2K supports. I'm betting the bank is changing, not an old version
>> >of
>> >Money.
>>
>> Or dropping OFX Version 1.

BTW, if you want a definitive answer, get copies of winpcap
(http://winpcap.polito.it) and ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com) and
capture the net transaction before and after the breakage. If the outbound
traffic doesn't change but just doesn't get replied to or gets a different
reply, it would seem that your copy of Money hasn't changed its behavior but
something on the server side has for some reason you may never get to know.
Plus this kind of analysis is always a growth opportunity that will expose
you to the magic of the net.

In microsoft.public.money, It's me again wrote:

>Letter from bank says "we have been informed by your financial management
>software provider" that ... Money 2000 and 2001 will no longer support online
>banking services. They go on to say: "This change is not under the control of
>[the] bank". That says to me that Microsoft has initiated the change. So, do
>you think that users of Money 2000 and 2001 will not be able to connect
>online with my bank after January 31?

Save an OFX file before then, and I suspect you will find it is
version 1.x. I suspect they are switching to 2.x, and I think 2002
was the first version to take OFX 2.x versions. 2.x is proper XML
whereas 1.x is not.

>You see, this is what is puzzling. If
>the bank is not making a change, why should I not be able connect with the
>bank and exchange data. It's just my computer talking to the bank's server.
>How is Microsoft involved in that transaction?

I agree with your analysis.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/23/2005 6:11:45 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>BTW, if you want a definitive answer, get copies of winpcap
>(http://winpcap.polito.it) and ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com) and
>capture the net transaction before and after the breakage. If the outbound
>traffic doesn't change but just doesn't get replied to or gets a different
>reply, it would seem that your copy of Money hasn't changed its behavior but
>something on the server side has for some reason you may never get to know.
>Plus this kind of analysis is always a growth opportunity that will expose
>you to the magic of the net.

That traffic is SSL, so that would probably make analyzing the
traffic difficult.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/23/2005 6:13:19 AM
I thought of that problem after I posted. Is it all (OFX1/2) on the same
port? 443?

> In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:
>
>>BTW, if you want a definitive answer, get copies of winpcap
>>(http://winpcap.polito.it) and ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com) and
>>capture the net transaction before and after the breakage. If the outbound
>>traffic doesn't change but just doesn't get replied to or gets a different
>>reply, it would seem that your copy of Money hasn't changed its behavior
>>but
>>something on the server side has for some reason you may never get to
>>know.
>>Plus this kind of analysis is always a growth opportunity that will expose
>>you to the magic of the net.
>
> That traffic is SSL, so that would probably make analyzing the
> traffic difficult.

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>I thought of that problem after I posted. Is it all (OFX1/2) on the same
>port? 443?

For all that are invoked within Money, I think. It is probably
possible to get an OFX file from a non-secure web site, but I have
never seen that.

However in Money 2000, a user can proceed to download within Money
until the Connect button appears. The user then holds down the
Ctrl+Shift buttons down as he clicks Connect. The request and
response files are saved on his drive in the same folder as the
Money file. THey are named ...RQ.txt and ...RS.txt. I don't know how
the server is going to respond after the change, but perhaps there
will be a ...RS.txt returned in OFX2 format, but with an ERROR
indication inside. I don't have an FI set up that is switching to
OFX2 exclusively that I could test with.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/23/2005 1:44:31 PM
Thanks, Cal. I'll try that. Considering that 3/4 of the letter from the bank
VP was devoted to convincing me to switch from Money to a browser based
access where the data bases remain on the bank servers, this is probably a
change like you describe. If that is the case, then the bank is being
disengenuous in hanging this on Microsoft. We'll see.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, It's me again wrote:
>
> >Letter from bank says "we have been informed by your financial management
> >software provider" that ... Money 2000 and 2001 will no longer support online
> >banking services. They go on to say: "This change is not under the control of
> >[the] bank". That says to me that Microsoft has initiated the change. So, do
> >you think that users of Money 2000 and 2001 will not be able to connect
> >online with my bank after January 31?
>
> Save an OFX file before then, and I suspect you will find it is
> version 1.x. I suspect they are switching to 2.x, and I think 2002
> was the first version to take OFX 2.x versions. 2.x is proper XML
> whereas 1.x is not.
>

> >You see, this is what is puzzling. If
> >the bank is not making a change, why should I not be able connect with the
> >bank and exchange data. It's just my computer talking to the bank's server.
> >How is Microsoft involved in that transaction?
>
> I agree with your analysis.

A bank being disingenuous? Say it isn't so, Auntie Em...

> If that is the case, then the bank is being
> disengenuous in hanging this on Microsoft. We'll see.

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

Banking
Using CRM, how do we import real time banking information to update balance. Simular to Quicken and MS Money Do you know of any modules to perform this task? what information ar you looking to import and where are you looking to store it in CRM? "Hal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D753280-0C3A-4F8C-A36F-23F3F17236E5@microsoft.com... > Using CRM, how do we import real time banking information to update balance. > Simular to Quicken and MS Money > Do you know of any modules to perform this task? Hal, What exactly do you want to impor...

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Test Backup restore from Exchange 2000 to StandbyServer
I would like to perform a full restore (db and mailbox) from my ExchangeProduction to ExchangeStandbyServer to make sure I become familiar with new backup software setup recently. I also would like to have an idea of time it takes to perform that backup and test data integrity often. Besides my StandbyServer, currently I have just one server available (not the same hardware used in the Exchange production) that I could use to setup a lab for the testing. I have no $ for DLT or other servers like DC's I would need to setup the lab. Would be possible, viable and safe perform this restore t...

[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports Querying of OpenDocument Format
[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports MySQL; adds Extended File- Type Support & Output Enhancements. [Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml, DataDirect Technologies has released an updated version of DataDirect XQuery, an easily embeddable, Java-based implementation of the XQuery 1.0 and the XQuery API for Java standards. Here are some of the highlights of the new release: * Extended file type support and output enhancements, DataDirect XQuery version 3.1 further simplifies the performance of combining and processing heterogeneous data sources. The product now supports the abil...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Exchange Server 2000
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. My E-Mail is down. I have Jobs in the Que but none of the users can connect to the server. The last time this Happened, someone from Microsoft Rebuild my data file. I beleive I have some of the commands but I want to make sure. Does anyone have the instructions? I had to re mount the Store and go into the Command Promt and run some commands but I am not sure the procedure and what files to remove. Thanks MOE Check your Event Viewer for related errors to this issue. Sounds like you may be reaching your 16GB limit...

Stencil Help for Visio 2000
Hi All, Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? thanks r Reg, The "Building Core" stencil has stairs and elevators, but I believe that this stencil only shipped with the Technical version of the product. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Reg" <rabjohnson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:03e501c35083$1a591750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? > > thanks > > r ...

Return Receipt causes Outlook 2000 crash/exception
One of our users on Outlook 2000 has received a message from a user that requested a return receipt. He moved the message to his "Deleted Items" folder, and now cannot delete it or empty the deleted items. If he clicks on it, Outlook crashes with an exception code of 0xC0000005. Attempting to change the message status to "read" results in the same crash. Other info: - The message was sent by a Mozilla/Gecko client - In the Deleted Items folder, the message claims to have no "From:" info, but in the headers, it clearly does. - The message has no X-Se...

receiving only 1 page of 2 page emails
My problem is I have a user (Malinda) with a windows xp cpu using outlook 2003. When Malinda forwards or sends an email to Jackie, also on the same server with a windows 98 cpu and outlook 2000, Jackie can only view 1 page of the email. Sometimes she can print out the entire document and sometimes it only has the 1 page (the same amount that can be viewed) I cannot determine who's computer is having the problem and how to correct it. It is only happening on these 2 computers. No one else has a problem receiving or sending emails from these 2 people. Sometimes the emails forw...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Exchange in cached mode not possible for 1 user
Hi I have one exchange user which are not able to run in cached mode. When I turn off cached mode - no problems. Does anybody have an idea? I have tried setup on several pc's - same problem occurs Kind regards Peter Jensen What specific issues or problems do you see? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Peter Jensen" <peter.topp@mail.dk> wrote in message news:%23U6EvZAYHHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have one exchange user which are not a...