Money 04 #4

My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from
it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, starting from scratch. I
have my old hard drive set up as a slave and can access files from it. I
cannot open Money from the old drive, XP is fried. How can I get my Money
file from this old drive, set up as a slave, into my new drive and Money
file. Where do I find it on the old drive?
0
Gary103 (266)
7/20/2008 3:58:19 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote:

>My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from
>it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, starting from scratch. I
>have my old hard drive set up as a slave and can access files from it. I
>cannot open Money from the old drive, XP is fried. How can I get my Money
>file from this old drive, set up as a slave, into my new drive and Money
>file. Where do I find it on the old drive?

The files you want is your latest *.mny file and your more recent
*.mbf files. You will only need one, but you might as well copy them
all while there. The typically place that you will find the file is
your MyDocuments folder. That would be
"C:\Documents and Settings\userName\my documents" where userName
represents your username on the old machine. If you don't find the
files there, search the whole hard drive for *.mny,*.mbf files.

You may have made a fairly recent backup onto other media such as
USB flash drive. The *.mbf from that would do the job also.

You will need to install Money 2004 on the new machine from the
install disk. If you don't have that, you can buy Money Plus Deluxe
(not Essentials).

During the new install, you can point Money to the *.mny file. You
would only File->Restore a *.mbf file if there was a problem with
the *.mny file. If you restore from a *.mbf file, don't have money
restore to the default location. Instead Browse to your MyDocuments
folder and pick a filename.

Once inside change the backup locations to something that exists on
the new machine. Set up a plan to back up periodically to a USB
flash drive in case your hard drive were to fail in the future.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/20/2008 5:08:10 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 08:58:19 -0700, Gary
<Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from
>it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, starting from scratch. I
>have my old hard drive set up as a slave and can access files from it. I
>cannot open Money from the old drive, XP is fried. How can I get my Money
>file from this old drive, set up as a slave, into my new drive and Money
>file. Where do I find it on the old drive?

Unless you moved it, Money stores the data file in your documents
folder.  On the old drive you should find it at:

Where <user> is your login name.

George
--
for email reply remove "/" from address
0

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote:
>
> >My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from
> >it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, starting from scratch. I
> >have my old hard drive set up as a slave and can access files from it. I
> >cannot open Money from the old drive, XP is fried. How can I get my Money
> >file from this old drive, set up as a slave, into my new drive and Money
> >file. Where do I find it on the old drive?
>
> The files you want is your latest *.mny file and your more recent
> *.mbf files. You will only need one, but you might as well copy them
> all while there. The typically place that you will find the file is
> your MyDocuments folder. That would be
> "C:\Documents and Settings\userName\my documents" where userName
> represents your username on the old machine. If you don't find the
> files there, search the whole hard drive for *.mny,*.mbf files.
>
> You may have made a fairly recent backup onto other media such as
> USB flash drive. The *.mbf from that would do the job also.
>
> You will need to install Money 2004 on the new machine from the
> install disk. If you don't have that, you can buy Money Plus Deluxe
> (not Essentials).
>
> During the new install, you can point Money to the *.mny file. You
> would only File->Restore a *.mbf file if there was a problem with
> the *.mny file. If you restore from a *.mbf file, don't have money
> restore to the default location. Instead Browse to your MyDocuments
> folder and pick a filename.
>
> Once inside change the backup locations to something that exists on
> the new machine. Set up a plan to back up periodically to a USB
> flash drive in case your hard drive were to fail in the future.

0
Gary103 (266)

Two computers, one Money file.

Global variable #4
How i can avoid global variable in my program? I use 10-15 global variable because i have to use it different callback functions(all are system callback, like hook,directX etc...)is there any way to avoid this? i must use these variables(some variable using in different file as external variable) any advice really appreciable thanks NB: this forum is the best forum in programming ,no doubt about it. <keralafood@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1192698448.786104.165730@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > How i can avoid global variable in my program? > I use 10-15 glo...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Access 2003 10-25-04
I have a user who is unable to open an access 2002 database with 2000 as the backend. everyone in the office is able to access the MDB we are on 2002. The user is able to key in the password but gets the messge "Database is in an unrecognizable format" Please help You may convert the Access 2002 file to Access file 2000 on Tools, DB Utilities, Convert. "Mykas_Robi" wrote: > I have a user who is unable to open an access 2002 database with 2000 as the > backend. everyone in the office is able to access the MDB we are on 2002. > The user is able to key ...

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

XmlString message not available in CRM 4.0 plugins?
In callouts we get Xmlstring and process it in pre or post events. How is this done in CRM 4.0 Plugins? Is it done by accessing context object like below: public void Execute(IPluginExecutionContext context) { context } Do I have to chnage all the Xml parsing code in callout to make it a plugin? Please help.. -- romeo!! -- romeo!! the context contains some collection including the InputParameters property. If use the following: DynamicEntity target = (DynamicEntity)context.InputParameters["Target"]; This will return the dynamic entity which was contained in the XmlString -- ...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Excel Report builder #4
How can I get the Excel Report Builder option on the menu? I've deployed the Excel reports and data connections to a network and to Sharepoint. I can open the existing report from within GP and and sharepoint. However, I cannot create a new report. Per the manual, there should be a Excel report builder option on the smartlist builder menu, but I have checked 3 differrent installs and cannot find that option. I am logged in as sa. Any help is greatly apreciated. ...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Need Help #4
All, When outlook 2000 running in idel mode, i get the following message: the procedure entry point STRTOKEX could not be located in the dynamic library MDSERT2.dll Please help with troubleshooting this problem. Thanks. ED ...

How do I enter a date typing 040906 and have it appear 04/09/06? I
I would like to format a cell so that I can just type in the numbers in a date and have the cell display the date with the forward slashes added automaticly! Example type in only 040906 and have Excel display 04/09/2006 in the cell. You cannot format a cell to do this. Chip Pearson's site has event code that will look after the change as you enter the numbers. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:52:02 -0700, Stover <Stover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to format a cell so that I can just type...

Downloaded transactions #4
Anyone having downloaded transactions that do not appear? I have followed all troubleshooting steps from the website to no avail. Items to review appears, but transactions do not appear from Bank One direct statements. In microsoft.public.money, Joe wrote: >Anyone having downloaded transactions that do not appear? >I have followed all troubleshooting steps from the website >to no avail. Items to review appears, but transactions do >not appear from Bank One direct statements. Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOp...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Language 02-02-04
Is it possible to install CRM 1.2 client in combination with W2k/Office 2003? Is this also possible when CRM is in a other language then Office 2003? Thanks for your help. Joop. CRM 1.2 supports Office 2003 so that shouldn't be a problem. Not sure about the different language question though. On 2 Feb 2004 08:20:24 -0800, j.hilverink@hfmcv.nl (Joop) wrote: >Is it possible to install CRM 1.2 client in combination with W2k/Office 2003? >Is this also possible when CRM is in a other language then Office 2003? > >Thanks for your help. > >Joop. ...