Missing transactions in transaction account

I just found an interesting anomaly in Money 2004 Standard edition that I
feel worth sharing.

I found two transactions missing in a transaction report which was
customized to show the current month's transactions for my checking account.
After much playing around, changing categories, dates, payees, check numbers,
etc., I found that after I cleared all the members of a classification,
applying the change, then reselecting all members of the classification
(which were selected to begin with), the transactions appeared in the report.

I'm not sure why this happened.  I had also tried repairing the file prior
to the above exercise, which yielded nothing.

Any clues?
0
bob2246 (10)
8/30/2005 10:25:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

From column missing in Outlook inbox
Posted before but can't resolve. The From column is missing in Outlook. I clicked something by accident and eliminated the column. running Windows XP and Outlook 2000 Someone suggested run: cleanviews/outlook. didn't work- msg was cdn't locate or somethign like that How do I restore this column? Thanks for the help Right-Click on any other column header, and choose "Field Chooser" from the context menu that pops up. From the Field chooser Drag the From header back up between colums where it used to be. Hope this is helpful. >-----Original Message----- &...

Missing email #3
For several months now, I have been having a problem with not receiving all of my email. Many, many times, I have learned that someone sent me an email, yet I never received it. Also, emails I send are sometimes not received. I have a small LAN and WLAN and my husband, who sits three feet away, always seems to get his email. I have taken to having him copied on anything important and he always seems to get his copy, but I frequently don't get mine. I have tried eliminating every possible cause I could think of, including the following: 1 - My system: The problem also occ...

Entering Savings, or Cash Account Interest
How is interest earned by a money market or brokerage cash account entered, so the program can calculate interest rate and amount earned? Up to now, I use the 'Deposit" tab, and enter the amount and call it "Interest" but it seems to me that there should be a drop down menu that lists "interest or dividend" like in the investment accounts so the program can calculate earnings. The way I do it, it just seem like another deposit, which it is not. -- Dave Schwartz Commack, NY Well, it's not just another deposit, quite. You should categorize the income as s...

Combining Account Activities
We had a customer (Acme) buy another customer (Widco). Now the sales rep wants all the activity history information from Widco to move over to Acme so it all shows together. Then we'll delete Widco. Is this possible? it is possible but you need to know the data source for widco. what are they running for a CRM tool if any? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us <klawson@aetinc.com> wrote in message news:1112039157.568633.45770@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > We had a customer (Acme) buy another customer (Widco). Now the sales > rep wants all t...

One Note is missing all my folders
I have the one note Icon on the MS Office Outlook tool bar and previously have been able to transfer e mail and other items into it. However now I am getting an error message: One Note cannot find the destination section. Make sure that the section is not deleted, password protected and not marked 'read only' To specify a different destination in One Note click Tools -- Options --Outlook Integration. I have my files in backup but they have disappeared -- HELP PLEASE -- Timmo what does tools \ options \ outlook integration show as the section being used? -- Thanks,...

Fix old transactions
I have few sales / apply / credit transactions from last few years that are not adding up. For example, a sales transaction of amount $10, but the payment is $9.00; therefore $1 is still on customer account. These transactions are shown in the aging reports. Is there a way to fix old transactions? Thanks! Use the Write Off Documents Routine in Sales. This will create debit & credit memos as apporpriate and automatically apply them to the outstanding documents. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at ww...

Standard user accounts
Hi, I've created Standard user accounts for the SBS2008 network I look after. As you all know, standard user accounts stop users installing programs which you might not approve of. (prompts for elevated credentials) However, it also stops lots of things I wouldn't mind users doing themselves such as installing a printer. Up until now, i've been going to the users desks and typing in elevated credentials - now i'm a bit sick of doing this :-) Is there any other way of getting around this without compromising on security? I thought about creating an accou...

Re: two accounts in the same Outlook
> With the email you wish to send open; click on 'options' and a window will > open. In that window you have the 'send with' option. Good luck. > Adam > > > > I would to know that is possible, in MS Outlook 2000 similar to 'Send > with' > > in Outlook Express that let me choose the account to send a mail. Thank > you > > very much. > > > > Oscar > > > > > > ...

Please help with bizarre Outlook mail account problem!
Hello, I have been using the same Outlook 2000 configuration for about 2 years and have just begun experiencing strange problems during the past month. I have about 8 mail accounts set up in outlook to send mail, but all accounts use the same msn pop3 and smtp servers to send and receive mail. MSN is my isp. Recently when I try to send mail I receive errors for some of the mail accounts, but not all. For example, I may have 6 messages in my outbox to send using different accounts for each, all going through the same msn pop3 server, but maybe only 2 or 3 will be sent and the rem...

Account setup Unavailable : 2005
Account setup for the 2005 seems to be buggy. Whenevern I tried to do the manage online. It gives error theat account setup is offline. When I remove the account completeley and try again, it gives error that unable to get the information from bank. I tried all approach , but got failure only. Then I went to MSN moeny central website and added account from there and everythings look great. Finally I merged my account in 2005. Oh god... It's lot of works. This usually indicates a problem with the Msn servers. It's been a bit spotty off and on for the last several weeks. -- ...

re-enabled ADUC account is bouncing mail
Had an account that was disabled, re-inabled this morning and the mail is bounding to that individual. Is there some timing or cache on exchange that is delaying this? Looks fine in Exchange Admin. TIA, TurboT It could be that the Recipient Update Service (RUS) has not ran yet. If you'd like, I can provide a VBScript that will force the RUS to run. "TurboT" <TurboT@msn.com> wrote in message news:%237%23yPCJvGHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Had an account that was disabled, re-inabled this morning and the mail is > bounding to that individual. > >...

Merge Contact within Account
When merging Accounts, if a contact is defined in both accounts, once the merge is complete, you now have duplicate contacts. is there any way to have the merge cross accounts/contacts to eliminate the duplication of contact records after the merge of the accounts? Any input is appreciated. Thank you, ...

How to get an email account to merge with the default inbox
I have a MobileMe email set up in Outlook, but it adds a separate folder and a separate inbox instead of the one it opens automatically, the one in personal folders. I want my MobileMe inbox to be integrated with the default one, because then I can get a desktop notification. Here is a picture describing what I mean http://i48.tinypic.com/2dlpuno.jpg Not possible if your account type IMAP. "Dillon" <Dillon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F837589-5806-4D09-908C-D18FB8483D69@microsoft.com... >I have a MobileMe email set up in Outlook, but it ...

Accounts Receivable statements
We are trying to generate an Account Receivable statement. We want to be able to print the statements for our customers. The method I am trying is "Journal -> Close Billing Cycle" . We select the first option: "Close billing cycle for all customers" and check the option "Print statements". After clicking "Generate", POS returns the message "No Customers with accounts were found." This occurs even though when we generate reports through 'Reports -> Customers -> Accounts Receivable: Detailed', there is a list of existing Acc...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Online linked account number changed...now can't download updates
So my bank (thanks a lot bank) changed a suffix part of my account number that was linked for online updates. Money tried to work with this by creating another account with the new number tied to that bank. End result is my downloaded transactions are going to the duplicate account instead of merging into my original one. I tried doing something creative like changing the account number of the old one, but it did not help. What do I need to do to get the original account back updating again with the new account number? I can't merge because they are both online accounts (one isn't...

Printers missing in Access under TS
This applies to just one user in her Terminal Services Session on Server 2003. She has a choice of 3 different Laser printers in her printer list. MS Access 2003. Open existing databases (in Access 2000 file format) and zero printers are available. No databases in 2003 format. Forms and tables are viewable but not reports. I am not sure if this is a TS problem or Access problem? How do I determine which? No other users have the problem. TIA -- Len ______________________________________________________ Hi Len, Not sure if this will help--I don't know much about Terminal Serv...

how to make a drill down account summary report
Hello: We have the following situation: We are a major liquor distributor here in my country, we have several houses(the companies that internationally or regionally represents each brand and provides to us), and within every house there's a brand, for each brand we have it's expenses, and for each expense the detailed information of them. i.e: account_number Description 062 "Brand Expenses" 062101 "Globaliza" (This is the name of the house or company that sells to us) 062101--01 "Johnie Walker" (The n...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

Bank Account AND Investment Account
I have had several investment accounts at etrade for some time and been able to get online updates with no problem. I just added a bank account and am unable to set up the online services to pick up both the investment accounts AND the bank account. I can configure to update the bank account ONLY or the investment accounts ONLY, but NOT BOTH. When you sign up for online services it asks whether you are setting up a bank, credit, or investment account. When you select one, you must be setting a flag because that is it. It will only retrieve the data for that type of account. Then, o...

Downloading transactions for credit card account.
Hi, I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that account again but to no avail. Any idea as to how one can do it? -Regards, Shridhar In microsoft.public.money, Boka wrote: > >I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial >institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the >transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that acc...

NETLOGON not shared out correctly and missing in two DC's
OK, I have in the domain: DC1 - netlogon and sysvol present DC2 - only sysvol present DC3 - only sysvol present All are global Catalogs, DC1 has all the FSMO roles and is happy. Generally -all looks well, including Group Policy, but there is a weird situation whereby only SYSVOL is present for DC2 and DC3. I have confirmed this by "net share" and also running diagnostics on dcdiag and netdiag (including all variations of forward slash /v /v etc). Running UltraSound on DC3 tells me the following: ---- "Members - Netlogon not shared out correctly" Repl...

Missing Zero's when copying from XLS to CSV
I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem, i have an excel spreadsheet that has a column with a series of numbers that have 6 numbers in each cell, now when i save this excel spreadsheet as a CSV it removes all the leading zero's therefore if something was in Excel as 000001 it comes over as 1. Is there anyway to get it into a CSV as what it was originally. Any help would be much appreciated Have you looked at the .csv file in Notepad? I bet you're losing the leading zeros when you re-open the .csv file in excel--not when you save it as a .csv. lgardner wrote: > &g...

New Exchange account in Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 32-bit
How is this accomplished? I have looked for the Mail applet in Control Panel with no luck, and most posts regarding its diapperance apply to 64-bit OS. Thanks, Scott "ScottB" <ScottB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCEDB0CE-C17A-42C5-846C-E4FC0019C70E@microsoft.com... > How is this accomplished? I have looked for the Mail applet in Control > Panel > with no luck, and most posts regarding its diapperance apply to 64-bit OS. Where in Control Panel are you looking? Have you tried a classic view? It's there. I have Windows 7 3...