Missing payees in drop down list

I'm using Money Plus and I can't bring over new payees to the drop down list
when adding a transaction. All payees are in the payee list in "account
tools/catagories&payees" but they don't show up in the drop down list.
However if I manually start to type them in, auto complete will show them.
I've tried changing the name, deleting, and adding as new, but neither option
brings them to the drop down list. Any help is appreciated.
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

I've managed to discover my error. When looking in my Account Register and
seeing Payees in question I noticed as I right click on each identical payee
"Go to payee" they were not all grouped in the same list, even though they
had the same exact name (i.e. XYZ). I renamed all the payees in question to
"***", went back to "account tools/catagories & payees", removed any Payee
Rules for XYZ and deleted payee XYZ. Now I entered a new payee XYZ. Going
back to the Account Register I was now able to edit *** to XYZ from the drop
down list choices. Reinsert any Payee Rules you may need.

In microsoft.public.money, Cool Breeze wrote:

>I've managed to discover my error. When looking in my Account Register and
>seeing Payees in question I noticed as I right click on each identical payee
>"Go to payee" they were not all grouped in the same list, even though they
>had the same exact name (i.e. XYZ). I renamed all the payees in question to
>"***", went back to "account tools/catagories & payees", removed any Payee
>Rules for XYZ and deleted payee XYZ. Now I entered a new payee XYZ. Going
>back to the Account Register I was now able to edit *** to XYZ from the drop
>down list choices. Reinsert any Payee Rules you may need.

Good find. I would have used Move to consolidate, but your way works
too.

>"Cool Breeze" wrote:
>
>> I'm using Money Plus and I can't bring over new payees to the drop down list
>> when adding a transaction. All payees are in the payee list in "account
>> tools/catagories&payees" but they don't show up in the drop down list.
>> However if I manually start to type them in, auto complete will show them.
>> I've tried changing the name, deleting, and adding as new, but neither option
>> brings them to the drop down list. Any help is appreciated.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
12/9/2007 9:33:39 PM
After reading other posts I was able to successfully move and consolidate
some payees. However one payee did not have that option available in "Payee
set up" since only one payee name was listed. Adding a new similar payee and
moving the old one into the new, I think still left two other identical
payees floating around somewhere and creating the problem in the dropdown
list. How I managed to get three identical payee names into Money is a
mystery to me, since I'm always advised that an identical payee already
exsist and I need to choose another name. Thanks for your input. If anyone
else has this problem I hope these posts help.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> Good find. I would have used Move to consolidate, but your way works
> too.

In microsoft.public.money, Cool Breeze wrote:

>After reading other posts I was able to successfully move and consolidate
>some payees. However one payee did not have that option available in "Payee
>set up" since only one payee name was listed. Adding a new similar payee and
>moving the old one into the new, I think still left two other identical
>payees floating around somewhere and creating the problem in the dropdown
>list. How I managed to get three identical payee names into Money is a
>mystery to me, since I'm always advised that an identical payee already
>exsist and I need to choose another name. Thanks for your input. If anyone
>else has this problem I hope these posts help.

Remembering Dick's use of the term "implicit payee", I searched back
to this thread, which I think also discusses the topic:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/fdc0347ce3ab51b/5116f57c35616856

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
12/9/2007 11:17:57 PM
> Remembering Dick's use of the term "implicit payee", I searched back
> to this thread, which I think also discusses the topic:
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/fdc0347ce3ab51b/5116f57c35616856

Mystery solved!

Print or make list of senders of email I have received
I want to print or generate a name/email-address listing of senders who have sent me mail. the received mail in a specific mail folder. Is there a way to do this? TIA You can use File-> Import and Export... for this. Export it to e.g. an Excel sheet. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "tech2go" <meHi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9o1gp0t7tihg78u6fs0v4avnorphc71tl6@4ax.com... >I want to print or generate a name/email-addres...

Updated Junk email fiters list
Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 -- marx404 "mjh404" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u9Lwb.2287$zu1.1375423@news2.news.adelphia.net... > Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how > to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. > > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C > TT=6&...

Missing files

Distribution lists #4
I have an inherited Exchange 2000 Server which has a large number of distribution lists. Is there a way to print the members of these lists or extract to a file which could be used to review and indicate changes needed. I am able to print list of users but not their mindividual memberships nor the lists and their member thanks very much for your consideratio bill Here's a script that will get you started; it wouldn't be difficult to modify it further to suit your needs. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/dumping_group_m.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange...

NDR/DSN and LDAP distribution lists problem
Hi all, I have a small problem with NDRs here. I will give a quick example of my problem. Currently when sending to a DL here the DL is a contact in the exchange GAL, once sent this queries a LDAP server and returns the list of addresses to send to, and off it gos. Here is an example of a delivery reciept: ------------------------------------------------- Your message To: distrib.one (Distribution List) Subject: Test Message - Please Ignore Sent: 3/3/2005 10:44 AM was delivered to the following recipient(s): distrib.one (Distribution List) on 3/3/2005 10:44 AM ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address
About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it. I can send a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to" feature. Any ideas? -- christinewv "christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:133071c331d4e1bf5f974795ec9ed6d5@nntp-gateway.com... > > About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of > the reply-to email address for ...

Money 06 Sm. Business
Greetings all, I have MS Money 2006 Sm Business edition and I use it t track mileage for my business trips. I have not yet been able t figure out how to export the trip/mileage data that I've entered. Doe anyone know how to do it? I've been able to print up the standard "trip report", but it doesn' spin the data the way I want it so I'm looking to get the data out so can spin it different ways for analysis. Any ideas? Thanks very much for your help. --Natha -- ntsakiri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ntsakiris's Profi...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Help on convert Custom Email Address Policy, Address List on Ex 20
Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH filters: It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange server and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version: (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com))) when we right clic...

Payee with multiple accounts
I have been using MS Money for over 7 years. I use it to pay bills, track my accounts (both bank and investments), track my loans, and account balancing. Dealt with a few minor problems. But, I recently upgraded from 2005 to 2006. I went to send and pay 2 scheduled bills and they both failed. In the payee name I have Verizon {111-2222} for the first payee and Verizon {333-4444} for the second. I received an error message stating that: "Unexpected attempt to change payee name". The braces (and contents within them) are not suppose to be transmitted to the bank. Apparent...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

ANN: C# Online.NET Open Source List
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE The Open Source Movement has yet to play as critical a role in the development of C# systems as it has in the development of Java systems. Perhaps, it never will. But, for those who cannot afford Microsoft licensing fees or who cannot wait for Microsoft to address a particular domain, open source is a viable alternative. C# Resources - Open Source is a new list of C# open source projects which are both free and open source. The recent sale of the JBoss Application Server to Red Hat for $350 million illustrates vividly that there is a difference. C# Resources - Open Sou...

Manual Checks appearing in Check Edit Lists
We marked some invoices as manually paid and posted them. We built a batch today by selecting checks in noticed on the Check Edit List, these manual payments appear - as a $0 check. When I perform an inquiry on the vendor account, the original invoice and payment are appearing as History items as they should; however, the $0 check is showing as a WORK item. I do not understand this - can anyone shed some light on this subject? ...

Multiple listings
I don't really know if this the right form or how to describe what information I'm looking for... but I'll try this first: I have a tables for the folowing items: product types, product layers, application methods, manufacturer names, a table named after each manufacturer and a table with fields for manufacturer name, product type, application method and product name. I ended up with all these tables because I do not know how to filter out duplicate items from a query. For example: there are 4 ways to apply "Item3". Like so... Item1 - Apply1 Item1 - Apply2 Item2 -...

Lists on different sheet without using the filter.
Hello, In Excel 2007 I am trying to create a new sheet that will list all rows that have the same entry in it. I can not use the filter option on the main sheet as each person will only be allowed to see their own data so is there are function that might assist me? I.e. If the person type Paul into a cell and the month number in to another then the list that is created and displayed is all the rows that contain the name Paul in column R for the given month. Thanks for any asssitance offered -- Jim On the main list sheet, do you have dates or just month numbers in a column ...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

removing duplicates from a list
I have a list of IP addresses of visitors to my website. I want to remove the duplicates so that only a unique list remains. Can anyone point me to a solution? Thanks, ADC -- aleccamp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aleccamp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28913 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486574 ADV Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. Check "unique records only" and "copy to another location". To copy to another worksheet see Debra's...

Missing Message Text

Global Distribution List
I want to create a distribution list that all users can access (ie, All Employees DL) and filters the members of this list based on criteria. In the System Manager, I like the feature where I can create/save filters under "All Address Lists". Is there a way to do this for distribution lists, so that users can type in "All Employees" in the To: box in Outlook? Thanks! In article <433601c3e449$9a13cbc0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I want to create a distribution list that all users can > access (ie, All Employees DL) ...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Update Excel Data List for Drop Down use
I have created data lists that were named (name field left of formula field) and have those lists tied to cells as drop down data validation options. I now need to add additional entries to the data lists, but am unable to get them added into the existing groups. I've tried re-highlighting and naming again - no go. I am an admitted novice, but really look forward to getting this recurring document as drop and click as possible. Appreciate any help. You could use a dynamic range, that would automatically expand to include new entries. There are instructions here: http://www....