Min bal requirement

My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to waive the
service charge fees, so I want to keep the minimum in the account.  Any
recommendations on how to balance to the statement?  Should I deduct the $250
from the check register & try to remember this every month when I balance to
subtract the $250 from the bank's balance?  Is there an easier way?

Thanks.
0
KeliB (5)
9/9/2007 12:04:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?S2VsaUI=?= <KeliB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 08 Sep
2007 in group microsoft.public.money:

> My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to
> waive the service charge fees, so I want to keep the minimum in the
> account.  Any recommendations on how to balance to the statement?
> Should I deduct the $250 from the check register & try to remember
> this every month when I balance to subtract the $250 from the bank's
> balance?  Is there an easier way?

Enter transactions as you make them so that you always know how much money
is in the account. When the balance approaches $250, stop spending money.
:)

As far as I know, Money offers no feature to fool yourself into thinking
you have $250 less than you actually have. It will be just as easy to
remember to keep the balance up as to remember to do some kind of gyration
at reconciliation time. Such a kludge would definitely have unpleasant
side effects. I haven't tried it, so I'm speculating, but I suspect your
reports would be off and you'd get warnings about improper balances.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
In microsoft.public.money, KeliB wrote:

>My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to waive the
>service charge fees, so I want to keep the minimum in the account.  Any
>recommendations on how to balance to the statement?  Should I deduct the $250
>from the check register & try to remember this every month when I balance to
>subtract the $250 from the bank's balance?  Is there an easier way?

Go to the settings for the account, and set a minimum balance of
$250 (or more if you want to experiment). I think that would alert
you if the balance goes below $250 as you enter the future checks
etc.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/9/2007 5:11:19 AM
I just balanced the account.  I don't know why I didn't think of this before.
 I entered a $250 w/d payable to the bank & used the real ending statement
balance.  Now my balance doesn't include the $250 (so I don't have to
remember not to spend it to avoid charges)  & I don't need to adjust my end
bal every month.  I worry too much in advance.... (sigh).... :)
0
KeliB (5)
9/9/2007 4:20:02 PM
This is available in the Alerts settings.

From Tools/Settings select "Alerts Center"

Then select "Customize your Advisory FYI Alerts"

First Check Account Balance limits and then on the Accounts tab select your
account you want alerts on and enter a minimum and maximum.  Thus you will
get an alert each time your transaction results in exceeding the limit. You
only get one warning when you pass the limit. Additional transactions that
keep you below your minimum will not result in additional warnings.

Other alerts are available.

Art

"KeliB" <KeliB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to waive the
> service charge fees, so I want to keep the minimum in the account.  Any
> recommendations on how to balance to the statement?  Should I deduct the
> $250
> from the check register & try to remember this every month when I balance
> subtract the $250 from the bank's balance?  Is there an easier way?
>
> Thanks.

MIN formula help
Hello All, I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following formulas. The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however it's the Min that I have a problem with. =Max(A2:A10) =MIN(A2:A10) If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150, then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show me 150. Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells in my range (A9 and A10). How can I fix this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.. Hi! MIN/MAX ignore empty cells. >Instead it's blank because I ...

Min bal requirement
My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to waive the service charge fees, so I want to keep the minimum in the account. Any recommendations on how to balance to the statement? Should I deduct the $250 from the check register & try to remember this every month when I balance to subtract the $250 from the bank's balance? Is there an easier way? Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?S2VsaUI=?= <KeliB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 08 Sep 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to > waive the servic...

how do i convert Min:Sec to Min.sec for example 68:43:00 = 68.43
how do i convert Min:Sec to Min.sec for example 68:43:00 = 68.43 (68 minutes and 43 seconds) In article <5F13B001-9B6B-4D5D-BD81-ACAAF5799CF6@microsoft.com>, "=? Utf-8?B?dmVsZSBQaGFudA==?=" <vele Phant@discussions.microsoft.com> says... > how do i convert Min:Sec to Min.sec for example 68:43:00 = 68.43 (68 minutes > and 43 seconds) > =MINUTE(C31)+SECOND(C31)/100 where C31 contains the time in hh:mm:ss. Note that XL may format the cell containing the formula with a time format. If so, change it to 'General'. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-m...

Rounded Rectangle Required
Using Publisher 2003, how do I create a border with radius corners, a rounded rectangle, around a text box? I say text box, but I plan to boarder the entire page. I'm making the text box as big as the page. -- (||) Nehmo (||) Run Publisher and on the left select "Autoshapes//Basic Shapes". There you will fiind a rectangle with rounded corners. Using this Autoshape, draw you border. You can then adjust the radius of the corners using the little yellow diamond. Hope this helps, Ed "Nehmo" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1141837402...

Error
I have a few fields at the Account level that have a constraint (Requirement Level) of Business Required. I no longer want these fields to be required. When I open the Attributes and try to change the Requiremet Level to No Constraint and then try to save the changes to the attribute, I get an error that says to contact my sys admin. Has anyone a solution to this? James I am presuming you are using an account that has permission to make the required changes!!! -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "James" wrote: > I have a few fields at the Account level that ...

Require selection from combo on checkbox?
Hi - is it possible to set a form to require a selection from a combo if a check box is set to true? I've tried using the validation rule set to the check box name, but it doesn't work... Steve Since we're not there, we don't have any way to know HOW you "tried using the validation rule ..." If this were mine, I'd add a validation check in the form's BeforeUpdate event that ensured that there was a selection made in the combobox if the checkbox were true (and "Cancel"ed the update if there wasn't). By the way, you can make it easier f...

Version 8 functions that no longer require 'sa'
Can you please provide a list of functions/tasks that previously could only be performed by 'sa' but now can be performed by DYNSA or other users. Penny, The GP v80 What's New pdf contains this information: (Not much of list but the only thing I've found specifically addressing your question) -- Reduce dependence on “sa” user Dependence on the "sa" user has been reduced. (The "sa" user is the system administrator account for SQL Server.) Most tasks that could be completed only by the "sa" user in previous versions now can be completed by ...

SDI MAX/MIN childframe?
In an SDI application (NOT MDI), is it possible to HIDE/SHOW the child frame, or max/min the child frame? Thanks in advance On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:24:46 -0800 (PST), rockdale <rockdale.green@gmail.com> wrote: >In an SDI application (NOT MDI), is it possible to HIDE/SHOW the child >frame, or max/min the child frame? >Thanks in advance No. It doesn't even make sense to consider this. It *is* possible to change the view (there's even an MSDN article on how to have multiple mutually-exclusive views in SDI) but simply hiding the frame makes no sense. What do ...

IE8: Additonal Favorites toolbar required. How?
Is it possible in IE8 to make the Favorites toolbar line to go to two or more lines? I have a number of favourites added to the tool bar and now they go over to the ">>" extension on the RHS, so it is another click to access them. I was wondering if this toolbar could be made to go onto two lines. So far I have been unable to find a way to do it. Ta. David. Hi David, No. See if my video gives you some tips in managing your Favorites Bar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgvOBIv4d8 I use the Add to Favorites bar button to add new links at the top of the F...

Email a Merged Worksheet or just required cells
XP Prof. Office 2003 Please help; I have created a Purchase Order Workbook. Two worksheets; ws1 holds the spreadsheet information (which is entered via a Userform). ws2 Is a friendly, easy layout form which shows one selected order looks like a paper order & simply calls the cell information from ws1 by row (unique No.). I can print this information (B8:L34) and everything works well. I would like to be able to email an order and as you can simply do this by viewing the desired order, selecting "file/send to/mail recipient/this sheet only" I would think that creat...

Question about If using Min
My question is regarding using IF statements with MIN or MAX I am takin a class and our spreadsheet deals with a car dealership and sales. I a having problems with creating an IF statement, using MIN, to displa who sold the least cars. I was able to create one for the MAX number o cars sold. Here is the MAX statement which works displaying �Hill� =IF(J11=MAX($E$11:$J$11:$O$11:$E$20:$J$20),"Hill",IF(E11=MAX($E$11:$J$11:$O$11:$E$20:$J$20),"Hanks",IF(O11=MAX($E$11:$J$11:$O$11:$E$20:$J$20),"Sills",IF(E20=MAX($E$11:$J$11:$O$11:$E$20:$J$20),"Farmer",IF(J20=M...

MIN function
What I need to know is; How to find the address of the value returned by the MIN function? Assuming that the data is in column c check column is B. =Address(min(if(b1=B6:b29,row(B6:b29),3))) entered as an array formula(Ctrl+Shift+Enter). Regards Peter "Walt" wrote: > What I need to know is; How to find the address of the value returned by the > MIN function? Or =CELL("address",INDEX(B6:B26,MATCH(MIN(B6:B29),B6:B26,0))) it is not volatile and can be entered normally -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "PeterAtherton" <PeterAtherton@discussions.micros...

RMS Database requirements
Hi, We're thinking of installing RMS in our shops. Am I right in thinking its needs SQL server or can it run with MSDE 2000 or even better the new SQL Server Express? N Nelson, You can run RMS on MSDE which is what RMS comes with. But it really all depends on how many lanes you are going to be running as there is a 2GB limit to the MSDE, how many transactions you will do in a day and how many people will need to be accessing the database on a regular basis. Now for most retailers that have 1 - 4 lanes (this is just an approx), MSDE will be more than enough, but for some they may...

CRM 3
I have a client who wants to upgrade Outlook 2000 to 2003 but not the rest of the office suite, will this have any limitations or challenges in regards to the CRM 3 Outlook Desktop client? thank you Brad Brad, You should be fine to go ahead and do that. You may want to remove Outlook 2000 from the Office 2000 suite first and then do a fresh install of Outlook 2003, it might just minimise on possible complications HTH Ben Brad I would check with the Outlook MVPs too - there are many merging issues between Word and Outlook when you run disparate versions. -- Judy Gleeson [MVP ...

Run-time error 424 Object required
Anyone know what causes this error and how to fix it. Whenever the login screen is required to come up either after a transaction or when hitting rf9 to secure the error pops up and RMS crashes. I am running RMS 2.0 w/ SP2. Oddly enough I had the issue on a few of the machines and reindexed the database as I recently upgraded from 1.3 and some of the terminals were fixed while some new ones started having the issue. -- NateS ...

blue screen every 10 min please help
I keep getting this Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1a BCP1: 00005003 BCP2: 8A000000 BCP3: 00005BFD BCP4: B67AF009 OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\122609-26379-01.dmp C:\Users\Johnbebe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38891-0.sysdata.xml Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read o...

Adding minutes showing total in hours/minutes, i.e., 60 mins + 60 mins + 15 mins to total of 2 hours 15 mins?
I've been fiddling and fiddling for some time now this evening but I seem to be missing something completely today. In the past I've dealt with adding/subtracting times formatted the same way as the end results, so they've worked from the get-go. In today's case, I have a spreadsheet that I'm using to calculate best fits for movies transferred from VHS to DVD via a DVD Recorder. My DVD Recorder deals with hours and minutes but my internet source gives total running time in minutes only. How do I get Excel 2000 to add up a column of minutes and then give the results in a...

Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on sender side, reciever or both?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0178_01C4F8D8.6864AFF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have asked this question in two Outlook newsgroups and nobody has been = able to give me a definite answer.=20 Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on = the=20 sender side, receiver side, or both? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0178_01C4F8D8.6864AFF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HT...

Requir excel
Purchase Excel On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:11:01 -0700, Brijesh <Brijesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: To the original poster: Please enter a quesion in the body of your emai; if you don't the web won't let us reply, instead it displays the following error message. "An error occurred while sending your post We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated as soon as possible. Please try again later." This means, that to respond we need to start a separat...

Problem with a MIN function
Hi all Please can someone explain to me why this doesn't work: =MIN((A46:A52>0)*(A46:A52+B46:B52)) array-entered I've got dates in both ranges - and both ranges also contain blanks. I don't understand why this formula does not return what I want!! I'm trying to get the earliest date in A46:A52 where there is a blank in the corresponding cell in B46:B52. I've checked the formula (including the F9 option in the formula bar to view each part) and it's got me beat! -- Andy. Hi try the arraz formula =MIN(IF((A46:A52>0)*(B46:B52=""),A46:A52)) >---...

rights/privileges required for Backup/Restore
We are getting ready to disable the builtin\administrators group per a SOX requirement. We use a 3rd party tool to backup our SQL databases (TDP for SQL), that currently uses "local service". Is this sufficient to back up our databases after we disable the builtin accounts, or will my backups break? If not, what are my options? Here are the ones I see: 1: Set up windows account, and add it to the sysadmin role at the server level. 2: Set up windows account, and add it to the backup operator role in each database on the machine. Does the backup operator also ...

Outlook requires user, domain and password on openning.
When I open Outlook 2000 under Windows 2k/XP, the system requires me to input user, domain and password to access my mailbox. How can I do to make the system getting this information authomatically from my login?. Regards. �Problemas con las news? Webnews, el acceso m�s r�pido y fiable http://webnews.aforo.com User IP: 80.58.44.235 ...

Min in a week/min between dates
Hi guys/gals, I have a sorted list (descending) of business days in column A, Monday to Friday excluding holidays, and in column B, the related data I need to work with. I need a formula to find the min value of every week (mon to friday). Due to holidays, the range of the week is not always 5 cells, and I can not "hard coded" like =min(B2:B7) The min value should be in column C in the same row of the last business day of that week. Any help is appreciated.. Thanks for your time Mika Mika Try this: =IF(WEEKDAY(A6)=6,SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$21<=A6)*($A$1:$A$21>=A6-4)*($B$1...

template required for book
I've just done a book which runs to about 110 pages and suddenly I've realised it's not in proper A5 format but A4. I've done it in 12 point text. Does anyone have a template I can use to convert it to A5? Thanks Why not just change the page size? Assuming Word 2007, check the "Page Layout" tab and then the "Size" button in the "Page Setup" group. I'm not sure why you are mentioning templates in this context. Although templates can specify the paper size, they cover a much broader aspect of formatting. I doubt you want to change...

Look for Min and second Min
Dear expert, Have posted a similar message before, but look like no one replied. Lat me try the last time as I found the previous post was not clear enough. I'm looking for the min and the second lowest (after the first min is found). In thie case, I hope I can use function to sort out 24.59 after the lowest 18.25 is formed. 18.25 is easy ... just the problem of 24.59 .... Thanks indeed. 21.36 22-Jan-10 35.04 28-Jan-10 36.34 02-Feb-10 18.25 09-Feb-10 57.50 19-Feb-10 67.52 02-Mar-10 26.85 18-Mar-10 24.59 01-Apr-10 Try the SMALL & LARGE functions. -- Regard...