Microsoft Money Plus -- Date Display in Account Registry

In one of those exasperating "tics" in a program where you say "It can't
really work like that," but apparently it does, Microsoft Money Plus has a
glitch when "matching" checks in one's check register with information
downloaded from the bank:  Money displays the date the check was written, and
the date it cleared the bank.  If one attempts to "accept" the matched
transaction, Money then changes the "Date" displayed to the date the check
*cleared* the bank, rather than the date written.  This can be fixed
manually, for each transaction, but that is rather cumbersome.

Since no one I know, including myself, keeps a check register by date
*cleared*, is there any way to change the default behavior so that the date
displayed, after "matching" with the downloaded transaction, remains the date
the check was written?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DJ
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, deejaynyc wrote:

>In one of those exasperating "tics" in a program where you say "It can't
>really work like that," but apparently it does, Microsoft Money Plus has a
>glitch when "matching" checks in one's check register with information
>downloaded from the bank:  Money displays the date the check was written, and
>the date it cleared the bank.  If one attempts to "accept" the matched
>transaction, Money then changes the "Date" displayed to the date the check
>*cleared* the bank, rather than the date written.  This can be fixed
>manually, for each transaction, but that is rather cumbersome.
>
>Since no one I know, including myself, keeps a check register by date
>*cleared*, is there any way to change the default behavior so that the date
>displayed, after "matching" with the downloaded transaction, remains the date
>the check was written?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

See if un-ticking
Tools->Options->OnlineServiceSetting->OverwriteTransactionDates...
helps.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/11/2009 5:54:16 AM
Cal:

Thanks much for your quick response.  We've made the correction you
suggested.  We'll give the fix a run through when we next download
transactions from the bank, and we'll let you know if it did the trick.

Thanks again.

DJ

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, deejaynyc wrote:
>
> >In one of those exasperating "tics" in a program where you say "It can't
> >really work like that," but apparently it does, Microsoft Money Plus has a
> >glitch when "matching" checks in one's check register with information
> >downloaded from the bank:  Money displays the date the check was written, and
> >the date it cleared the bank.  If one attempts to "accept" the matched
> >transaction, Money then changes the "Date" displayed to the date the check
> >*cleared* the bank, rather than the date written.  This can be fixed
> >manually, for each transaction, but that is rather cumbersome.
> >
> >Since no one I know, including myself, keeps a check register by date
> >*cleared*, is there any way to change the default behavior so that the date
> >displayed, after "matching" with the downloaded transaction, remains the date
> >the check was written?
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated.
>
> See if un-ticking
> Tools->Options->OnlineServiceSetting->OverwriteTransactionDates...
> helps.

Cal:

We've now had the chance to "test-drive" your proposed solution, and I'm
pleased to say all is fixed.  Thanks again for your help in this matter.

DJ

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, deejaynyc wrote:
>
> >In one of those exasperating "tics" in a program where you say "It can't
> >really work like that," but apparently it does, Microsoft Money Plus has a
> >glitch when "matching" checks in one's check register with information
> >downloaded from the bank:  Money displays the date the check was written, and
> >the date it cleared the bank.  If one attempts to "accept" the matched
> >transaction, Money then changes the "Date" displayed to the date the check
> >*cleared* the bank, rather than the date written.  This can be fixed
> >manually, for each transaction, but that is rather cumbersome.
> >
> >Since no one I know, including myself, keeps a check register by date
> >*cleared*, is there any way to change the default behavior so that the date
> >displayed, after "matching" with the downloaded transaction, remains the date
> >the check was written?
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated.
>
> See if un-ticking
> Tools->Options->OnlineServiceSetting->OverwriteTransactionDates...
> helps.

Display Binary Leading Zeros
All, Forgive me if I'm just obtuse, but I can't seem to get Excel to display the leading zeros of binary numbers. (I'm just doing up an ASC/DEC/HEX/BIN cheat sheet.) Formatting the cells as "Custom :: 00000000" doesn't work. Any ideas as to how I do it? Thanks in advance! Thomas If this is just a cheat sheet - with no computation involved, try putting a ' in front of the zeros ('0000). The ' won't show in the cell or when you print it out. HTH, Carole O "tocuin" wrote: > All, > > Forgive me if I'm just obtuse, but...

Anymore info on money's future?
Hello, I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken. Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade. Thanks Frank More than what? Are you aware of the announcement of no Money release this fall and so forth? "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uP2NRX4FJHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken. > Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade. ...

Tracking mail account logons by script.
Hi, I need to create a script that will track when an email account is logged on and put the account name and time logged on into a csv file. We are running 5 Exchange 2003 Servers and want to keep track of how many students are using their email accounts. Thanks for any suggestions. CJ If you just want to track how many - ESM will show you mailbox logons that can be exported to CSV. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B453F7A-006D-...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Errors with Multiple accounts on same POP3
Does anyone know of a workaround to the known issue of having multiple accounts on the same POP3? I can't for the life of me find a way to check my second account. I found the following Microsoft KB article but even that doesn't work for me. I can see the pop3 server I just can't access it without a login error. Thanks for any help. Light SYMPTOMS When you log on to Microsoft Outlook by using a profile that contains two Post Office Protocol (POP3) accounts, you may be prompted to provide a password for one of the accounts, and you may receive duplicate e-mail messag...

Money 2005 #6
Do we have a confirmed ship date for Money 2005. I have heard many different date batted around. Anything confirmed? Amazon says it will be released on 13th Sept (at least it's not Friday 13th!) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "frankie" <fastigers@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:d5reh09imp34eh2fqajkae3fu8o24il4mh@...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

Microsoft Promo

MS-Money 2001 restore
I had to reformat my hard drive so I backed up my money files to diskette/condensed. The two files had passwords. After reloading MS-Money, I tried to restore. All goes well until it asks for the password to open. I type in the "correct" password and it says it is wrong. I know the password is right. Why is it not accepting the password and how do I get to the files? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152. Now I know you are going to say "but I'm sure I was using M01." Just be aware that many before you have found themselves in this trap. "CLost" <CL...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Changing Accounting Years and FrX
Will changing the accounting years using the Prof Service Tools "Fiscal Year Modifier" utility have any effect of FrX? We are changing from a fiscal year APR - MAR to a calendar year. The stub year will be APR 07 - DEC 07. Will FrX automatically pick up the changes in GP or is there a utility or refresh of some king that must be run? Thanks, Reid To be absolutely sure FRX recognises the amended Financial years from DynamicsGP/Great Plains, delete the appropriate .G32 file from the FRX sysdata folder. The next time you connect to that company, the .G32 will be rebuilt. --...

Money Plus Deluxe
I downloaded mny2008usweb.exe (the 60-day trial version). When I run the program, I get to the "accept-the-license" screen. That screen doesn't show any graphics, and the text doesn't fit in the boxes it's suppossed to. If I click on the "I accept" button, the installation program hangs (although all other programs on my computer continue to run). If I click on any other buttons (e.g., decline the license, change the destination folder, etc.,) those functions work. I have Windows Vista with all current updates. Any idea why the installation program hangs? ...

microsoft XL

money 2003 account balance doesn't work on notebook.
purchased and installed money 2003 on my desktop previously and money 2003 also came preinstalled on my new hp zd7000 notebook. when balancing account, the first screen pops up fine on both machines ... but when i enter starting balance and press next on desktop it works fine but on notebook, it just sits there. i click next repeatedly and nothing happens. i had copied the money backup file from my desktop to my notebook, restored it, checked the totals, and everything seemed ok. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks, mike ...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Account settings
Anyone seen this problem in outlook 2007. Under the tools dropdown, accessing accounts, none of the accounts show up. You can't even grab an account, display it, or make changes if necessary. An unistal reinstall of the office package and outlook only didn't work. Any Thoughts? Thanks What type of accounts? POP3, Exchange, IMAP, RSS? =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, kevin.f.flowers@contoso01.c...

Looks like Money 2007 is available now
http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx -Mark For those who haven't linked just yet: NEW and IMPROVED in Money 2007. Savings & Spending Budget Spending Tracker for budget groups Smart Spending message boards Enhanced tax estimator Balance Adjustment Tool Improved MSN Bill Pay Essentials Investment Accounts Enhanced Expert Picks Improved Invoice Designer+ Invoice dropdown+ 14 new invoice templates+ Invoice design ideas+ PayCycle´┐Ż payroll integration+ * ? +Money 2007 Home & Business Only Trial: http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_info.mspx "Mark" <abcd@...