Microsoft Money 2004 - Where's the value?

I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can
somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE
SAME SOFTWARE?

Very, very disapointed.
0
pbward (2)
8/6/2003 1:19:04 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

What information did you rely on to set your value expectation level that
M04 was way different, indeed AUD$80 better, than M02? That might help
explain it better than we can.

"Paul Ward" <pbward@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can
> somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE
> SAME SOFTWARE?
>
> Very, very disapointed.

>Upgrading to 2004 from Money 2002 for features - $47.69
>All the savings from upgrading
>    -5.95/ month of Billpay savings I was paying - $71.40
>    -$50 free from Ing Direct for setting up a online
savings account
>    -$20 rebate
>    -$10 magazine rebate

None of which are any use in Australia!

>Being able to recover and fix my corrupt Money 2002
file - PRICELESS

This is useful!

But doesn't seem much point in spending the dollars for a
product that is very US-centric, and doesn't have any
major changes...
0
Adrian
8/6/2003 6:32:47 AM
Perhaps the difference between Windows NT 4.0 and Windows
XP? Same company, two versions apart. Wouldn't you expect
some value?

0
pbward (2)
8/6/2003 7:27:41 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Paul Ward wrote:

>Perhaps the difference between Windows NT 4.0 and Windows
>XP? Same company, two versions apart. Wouldn't you expect
>some value?

Windows NT came out in 1996. Windows XP came out in 2001.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
8/6/2003 7:50:41 AM
Then don't.

"Adrian" <a@a> wrote in message
> This is useful!
>
> But doesn't seem much point in spending the dollars for a
> product that is very US-centric, and doesn't have any
> major changes...

0
NoSpam1246 (979)

Anymore info on money's future?
Hello, I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken. Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade. Thanks Frank More than what? Are you aware of the announcement of no Money release this fall and so forth? "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uP2NRX4FJHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken. > Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade. ...

picking a certain value from a cell
HI I have in cell E13 "24 for �24" and cell E14"19" I want enter a formula in E15"=(E13)-E14" I want the answer 5. How can I do that ie pick �24 from the cell E13 and minus 19 in E14. I think I do clearify the point here. please help Thanks one way: E15: =--MID(E13,FIND("�",E13)+1,255)-E14 The -- coerces the string returned by the MID() function to a value from which E14 can be subtracted. In article <R%p8b.251$Nb6.171@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>, "MeAgain...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Delete row containing all previous values.
I have a column in a spreadsheet with repeated values for e.g a name which is repeated 5 times I would like to keep the last row containing this value but delete all previous rows i.e in this example i would like to keep row five containing the last occourence of this value and delete all previous rows. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200605/1 try this Sub deleledupsinpreviousrows() For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1 If Cells(i - 1, 1) = Cells(i, 1) Then Rows(i - 1).Delete Next End Sub -- Don Guillett ...

Problem reading with Percentage values
Hi, I am using OleDB provider to read excel file. I am facing the problem when reading percentage values from some excel sheets (very rarely). Suppose a cell has 42.3%, when reading the value it comes like 0.423... but while reading other Workbook's excel sheets (for those actual value is 24.7%), it reads properly like 24.7.... When i checked excel sheet cell Format for both Workbooks, it is same with Percentage with 1 decimal. Connection String i am using to read excel sheet is Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source='" + strFilePath.R...

Money 2005 #6
Do we have a confirmed ship date for Money 2005. I have heard many different date batted around. Anything confirmed? Amazon says it will be released on 13th Sept (at least it's not Friday 13th!) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "frankie" <fastigers@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:d5reh09imp34eh2fqajkae3fu8o24il4mh@...

Please Help: compare values in two columns present in seperate tab
Hi All, How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in different tables) ? I also want to display the values that dont match in a seperate table. For eg: If values in Column1 from Table1 does not match Values in Column1 from Table2 then display those values in a seperate table Is there a way to do this? THanks in advance Here's one way: http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/query/distinct_vs_distinctrow/unique_values_records.asp -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "sam" wr...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...

Microsoft Promo

MS-Money 2001 restore
I had to reformat my hard drive so I backed up my money files to diskette/condensed. The two files had passwords. After reloading MS-Money, I tried to restore. All goes well until it asks for the password to open. I type in the "correct" password and it says it is wrong. I know the password is right. Why is it not accepting the password and how do I get to the files? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152. Now I know you are going to say "but I'm sure I was using M01." Just be aware that many before you have found themselves in this trap. "CLost" <CL...

how can I put checkbox value in ltext box
I'm trying to set up a chart. I have my check box so only one can be checked at a time. I'm needing a value put into a test box. then I would like to total the text box at the end. I'm getting a headach. Help :) ...

Money Plus Deluxe
I downloaded mny2008usweb.exe (the 60-day trial version). When I run the program, I get to the "accept-the-license" screen. That screen doesn't show any graphics, and the text doesn't fit in the boxes it's suppossed to. If I click on the "I accept" button, the installation program hangs (although all other programs on my computer continue to run). If I click on any other buttons (e.g., decline the license, change the destination folder, etc.,) those functions work. I have Windows Vista with all current updates. Any idea why the installation program hangs? ...

microsoft XL

Getting chart series values from object values
VB6 EXCEL2000 I am trying to automate plotting an XY curve from data contained in an object. Basically there appears to be no way of transfering the contents of an object into chart's x and y values (.XValues & .Values respectively). Edited code below. Source data from array dFrequency is placed in a collection (for good reasons!): Public FreqTable As New Collection That is some seriously edited code... <g> -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Business solutions leveraging technology Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) 2000-2004 In article <nildespera...

money 2003 account balance doesn't work on notebook.
purchased and installed money 2003 on my desktop previously and money 2003 also came preinstalled on my new hp zd7000 notebook. when balancing account, the first screen pops up fine on both machines ... but when i enter starting balance and press next on desktop it works fine but on notebook, it just sits there. i click next repeatedly and nothing happens. i had copied the money backup file from my desktop to my notebook, restored it, checked the totals, and everything seemed ok. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks, mike ...

Counting unique values #3
I am trying to count the number of unique values in my data. Here is an example: 589450 589451 589452 589453 589454 589455 589455 589455 589455 Ideally I want to know that the count for the first 5 values will be 1, but also the count of 4 for the last four values, such as: 589450 1 589451 1 589452 1 589453 1 589454 1 589455 4 I have tried VLOOKUP, advanced filters, and COUNTIF but nothing has worked properly and with some I get the following result: 589450 1 589451 1 589452 1 589453 1 589454 1 589455 4 589455 4 589455 4 589455 4 I have over 19,000 values that I need to count in this way...