Microsoft Money 2004 password problem

Hi

I am having a problem with Microsoft Money 2004 - sorry if this is doubled
up as my first attempt atposting a question didn't work.

I have never set a password on my money file and it has recently started
asking me for a password. I downloaded a password recovery program (even
though I know i never set one) and it says that there is no password on the
file.

However, Money keeps asking for a password. I have reinstalled Money and
downloaded the update but it still keeps asking for it. I cannot do a repair
on my money file because Money needs the password before it can repair.

Can anyone help?

Thanks again

David
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, aussiedave282 wrote:

>I am having a problem with Microsoft Money 2004 - sorry if this is doubled
>up as my first attempt atposting a question didn't work.
>
>I have never set a password on my money file and it has recently started
>asking me for a password. I downloaded a password recovery program (even
>though I know i never set one) and it says that there is no password on the
>file.

Typically this indicates that the file is from a later version than
your installed version of Money.

Are you actually saying that you were using Money on the same
computer without reinstalling Money, and suddenly Money started
asking for a password?

While you are thinking of it, copy your *.mny and later *.mbf files
to a USB flash drive to guard against loss, including loss by hard
drive failure.

If running XP, open Sample.mny from your to see if that opens OK. If
so, while it is open, try to make repaired version of your *.mny
file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.

If that does not do it, consider File->Restore of a backup. Rather
than choosing the "default location" I would browse to a spot in my
MyDocuments folder and choose a new name for the restored file.

>However, Money keeps asking for a password. I have reinstalled Money and
>downloaded the update but it still keeps asking for it. I cannot do a repair
>on my money file because Money needs the password before it can repair.
>
>Can anyone help?
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/29/2008 6:28:49 AM
Thanks for the response

I had not reinstalled Money when it started asking me for the password. The
laptop i use i only use for accounts and basically Money is the only program
I have on there.

I have already tried your suggestions. Other files open fine, I can also
create new money files. I cannot restore a backup because it comes up with a
password prompt and I cannot do a repair on the file because it asks for a
password again before it does the repair.

Any other suggestions?

Dave
In microsoft.public.money, aussiedave282 wrote:

>I had not reinstalled Money when it started asking me for the password. The
>laptop i use i only use for accounts and basically Money is the only program
>I have on there.
>
>I have already tried your suggestions. Other files open fine, I can also
>create new money files. I cannot restore a backup because it comes up with a
>password prompt and I cannot do a repair on the file because it asks for a
>password again before it does the repair.
>
>Any other suggestions?

Search your hard drive for a *.m12 file. If you find that, then
somebody at some time (probably on the date of that file) had
installed a later version that left that backup.

Assuming that you do not have such a file, do you only have one
backup file? Think. Maybe you have one on a USB flash drive.

Based on "aussiedave282", I am assuming you are not in the US. If
you were, there would be some other things to try involving later
versions. It is possible that an Australian Money 2005 install would
fix things, but there is not a trial to point you to.

You could maybe make a restore point on your laptop and install the
US Money Plus Deluxe trial. In that case, if somehow your file was
produced by Australian Money 2005, then the error message would
change to "incompatible version" upon install.

Also, regarding repair, you could try the salv.exe from
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466 "M06-Repair.exe package".

This does not look promising. :-(
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

.pst size problem
I know I am an idiot. I didn't archieve my Outlook 2003 .pst files when repeatedly prompted to do so. So I am admitting that right up front, and will understand the shower of abuse. With that understanding, my .pst file somehow reached over 4 gigs, but this was evidently not a problem until yesterday morning when Windows crashed for some unknown reason (black screen after POST). I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade from XP to 7, and Outlook 2003 to 2007. After installation of Win 7, all my old files were intact under the Windows(old)file, and after I loaded Outlook 2007, I ...

Anymore info on money's future?
Hello, I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken. Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade. Thanks Frank More than what? Are you aware of the announcement of no Money release this fall and so forth? "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uP2NRX4FJHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken. > Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade. ...

More Date problems
I have a macro that deletes returned records older than 7 days. It first sorts the data into returned date order then checks to see if the first cell is empty (no records returned) and if so, re-sorts the data into the original order (a different date) and quits. If the first cell contains a date less than 7 days old ie date >today()-7, again it re-sorts and quits, otherwise it deletes the data older than 7 days, re-sorts the remaining data and quits. At least that what is supposed to happen The line to check the age of the date in the macro below doesn't work. G6 contains a control ...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

how to pass a password to crystal report 9.0 from vb6.0??!
Is there any way passing a password to crystal report 9.0 from Visual Basic 6.0. so that when loading the report in vb6.0., it can connect to the database access file and show the report? Thanks a lot. No idea. But I use this in VB.Net to do it: Public Sub SetConnectionForReports(ByVal ReportDoc As ReportDocument) Dim crTable As Table Dim crTables As Tables Dim crDatabase As Database Dim crTableLogOnInfo As TableLogOnInfo Dim crConnectionInfo As New ConnectionInfo Try crDatabase = ReportDoc.Database crTables = crDatabase.Tables With crConnecti...

Stored procedure and dictionary file problem
We have recently installed version 7.5 for use as a demo to prospective clients, and have encountered a couple of problems. When we try to login we get on of two different errors. 1. The dictionary file 'Dynamics.dic' being used remotely is 'out of date', login fails and GP closes. 2. When One is successful at getting past the dictionary issue an error message that states 'dynamics.dbo.hrSysdoesHrSysExist' stored procedure is missing. I have reloaded the entire system on a remote system and still get the 'Dynamics.dic' error, and I have checked for the store...

Problem reading with Percentage values
Hi, I am using OleDB provider to read excel file. I am facing the problem when reading percentage values from some excel sheets (very rarely). Suppose a cell has 42.3%, when reading the value it comes like 0.423... but while reading other Workbook's excel sheets (for those actual value is 24.7%), it reads properly like 24.7.... When i checked excel sheet cell Format for both Workbooks, it is same with Percentage with 1 decimal. Connection String i am using to read excel sheet is Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source='" + strFilePath.R...

Money 2005 #6
Do we have a confirmed ship date for Money 2005. I have heard many different date batted around. Anything confirmed? Amazon says it will be released on 13th Sept (at least it's not Friday 13th!) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "frankie" <fastigers@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:d5reh09imp34eh2fqajkae3fu8o24il4mh@...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

Microsoft Promo

e-mail username and password
I have outlook 2002, and every time I click the send/receive button, I am prompted for my username and password. I want it(the computer) to recognize my dial up username and password. HELP Hi, Try this. Click "Tools", then "Email Accounts". Choose "View or change email accounts". Highlight your email account and click "Change". Enter your password in the password field and check the "Remember Password" box. Ron >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2002, and every time I click the >send/receive button, I am prompted ...

External Mail Problem #2
I have a user who is using Outlook 2000 within an Exchange 2003 environment. It seems that this user cannot send any external mail. The user always gets the following NDR back... "No route was found for this recipient server. Please contact your system administrator. <fqdn of server #5.4.4>" Everyone else in the organization can send/receive external mail fine. I have verified that the external address is correct as I was able to send/receive a message to that address. Any help is greatly appreciated! Could it be that the user is on separate server? Or is setup with In...

MS-Money 2001 restore
I had to reformat my hard drive so I backed up my money files to diskette/condensed. The two files had passwords. After reloading MS-Money, I tried to restore. All goes well until it asks for the password to open. I type in the "correct" password and it says it is wrong. I know the password is right. Why is it not accepting the password and how do I get to the files? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152. Now I know you are going to say "but I'm sure I was using M01." Just be aware that many before you have found themselves in this trap. "CLost" <CL...

Backing up problem
Each time I back up my Money and close out of it, then when I open it back up all of my accounts and information are gone, and then I have to restore my accounts from my backup. Also, when I back up it now takes three disks, where before, it always only took one. I don't have anymore information in it than I did before, so why is it taking 3 now? In microsoft.public.money, Melody wrote: >Each time I back up my Money and close out of it, then >when I open it back up all of my accounts and information >are gone, and then I have to restore my accounts from my >backup....

Money Plus Deluxe
I downloaded mny2008usweb.exe (the 60-day trial version). When I run the program, I get to the "accept-the-license" screen. That screen doesn't show any graphics, and the text doesn't fit in the boxes it's suppossed to. If I click on the "I accept" button, the installation program hangs (although all other programs on my computer continue to run). If I click on any other buttons (e.g., decline the license, change the destination folder, etc.,) those functions work. I have Windows Vista with all current updates. Any idea why the installation program hangs? ...

Password Cracker?
Hi Does anyone have or know where I can get hold of a FREE program that cracks Excel passwords? Regards Martyn Here's a fairly comprehensive listing of resources by Norman Harker: http://google.com/groups?threadm=OukvFyJ5CHA.1860%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl -- Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Martyn Jones" <Martyn.Jones.Uk@Ntlworld.Com> wrote in message news:fN6Ya.379$XB4.169@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... > Hi > > Does anyone have or know where I can get hold of a FREE program that cracks > Excel passwords? > > Regards > > Martyn &g...

All Internal Passwords.xls Error 91
As with Nathan below, I ran this code on Office XP (XL) with XP Pro and received the same error. I loaded ONLY allinternalpasswords.xls and ran the Macro. Does another W/S have to be loaded? How does one apply this macro to a specific sheet? As Nathan Gutman & myself found: When trying to run it it gets to line: WinTag = .ProtectStructure Or .ProtectWindows and gives runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. Can someone help to undertand why and how to fix that? Dennis, You should open the workbook whose passwords you want to break. This should be...

microsoft XL