merging 2 -3 different MS money files into one

hi

over a period of testing and doing other things i have created multiple MS
Money files mostly with the same accounts and same transactions, the main
difference is the transactions that are available in those files, the oldest
file has the oldest transactions and newest one has all the new transactions
but both contain some common

so i want to merge all of them into one so that i can get all transactions
from the begining till now.  what is the best method to do this.

thanks
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

There is no good method. The only method, and not a good one, is File|Export
of individual accounts to .QIF format and then File|Import of the same
accounts. If Transfers are involved, special precautions must be taken. This
won't work for Loan Accounts. Details of Payees, Accounts, Categories, etc.,
do not migrate this way. Duplicate Account names will cause real problems.
And so on.

In microsoft.public.money, jlprasadreddy wrote:

>over a period of testing and doing other things i have created multiple MS
>Money files mostly with the same accounts and same transactions, the main
>difference is the transactions that are available in those files, the oldest
>file has the oldest transactions and newest one has all the new transactions
>but both contain some common
>
>so i want to merge all of them into one so that i can get all transactions
>from the begining till now.  what is the best method to do this.

The method is to File->Export to QIF files. The differences are in
how to eliminate/reduced overlap. One way is to use a text editor to
delete the transactions from an unwanted date range. The QIF files
are normally in chronological order.

If there are transfers involved, import all of the massaged QIF
files all at once.

Keep lots of backups.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/10/2007 1:33:54 AM
Thanks for your help

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, jlprasadreddy wrote:
>

> >over a period of testing and doing other things i have created multiple MS
> >Money files mostly with the same accounts and same transactions, the main
> >difference is the transactions that are available in those files, the oldest
> >file has the oldest transactions and newest one has all the new transactions
> >but both contain some common
> >
> >so i want to merge all of them into one so that i can get all transactions
> >from the begining till now.  what is the best method to do this.
>
> The method is to File->Export to QIF files. The differences are in
> how to eliminate/reduced overlap. One way is to use a text editor to
> delete the transactions from an unwanted date range. The QIF files
> are normally in chronological order.
>
> If there are transfers involved, import all of the massaged QIF
> files all at once.
>
> Keep lots of backups.

Outlook 2003 PRF File
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up multiple profiles in a PRF files. We have a document management product that required a second profile in order to interact and so when Outlook is started we would like it to set-up the user profile and this additional profile, so 2 profiles. I know that you can set-up multiple services but we would like to have multiple profiles. Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council Each PRF file can set up only one profile, and Outlook can process only one PRF file per Outlook session. Therefore, you can do this, but it will require ...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Sales Document Print Options #2
Hi, I'm trying to modify the above window but I have difficulties in determining which window that triggers it in order to get the SOPType and SOPNumber. So far I notice that you can open this window from Sales Transaction Entry window and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window but how do you tell programmatically? Can't use Isloaded properties cause it fails if both windows are loaded. TIA, Sugih ...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Can't find how to change Y-axis range to show new data in Excel Mac 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a simple bar chart that I created some years ago in a previous version of Excel. I add data each month and it shows miles I drive per month over the year, very helpful to keep track of distance and gas mileage. I've extended the Y-axis range downward a few times before, but can't find out how to do it this time. I always install the latest updates from Microsoft and now I'm running Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.2.4 (100205). My Y-axis range in this chart starts at 800, but I drove only 772 miles ...

.csv file
I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them include zeroes at the beginning but even if I format the column as text, the zeroes keep disappearing. Is there a way to keep the zeroes at the beginning of each cell? I am on Windows XP Professional and running Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks, Katherine How are you checking for the leading 0's? Are you opening the .csv file in NotePad? Or are you reimporting the file into excel? Try opening in NotePad to check. BCK57 wrote: > > I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them ...

Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outlook.
Just recently some of the users cannot open some JPG files. After some testing when file was saved through Outlook the size increased by ~30 KB and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer wasn't able to open the file. When files was saved through OWA Windows Picture and Fax Viewer could open the file fine. Tried to disable antivirus on outlook, server and nothing helped. Eventually uninstalling "Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)" fixed the problem. Since then if the file is saved through Outlook it opens fine. Anybody experiencing this problem as well? Is there...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

Closing Outlook in a .bat file...?
Hi, Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? Thanks... -- Susan "Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:42d0ef53$1_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... > Hi, > > Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the > backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? > Yes, but two caveats: 1) The tool you use may depend on your version of Windows 2) Unless you take very special measures (keystroke pushing to answer dialogs) ...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Account Group ID #2
Even though I have included Account Group ID in my FA import it is not being assigned to the asset. This is a problem since the asset G/L depends on this ID. Right now all assets appear to be defaulting to the default Account Group ID. ...

Opening a pst file with Outlook...
I sent home my contacts from outlook at work to my home here. The file is contacts.pst which is 761 KB. I went to outlook and clicked "file" "open" then "open data file" but my contacts are not showing. It brings me to a blank page. Does anyone know or have any idea where the contacts may have gone. I need these fiels ASAP as I am now working from home. If you can help please respond or call my cell at 630.532.1773 It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shaun How did you create this PST? It's too small to contain much data. If you opened it and they...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Free! Learn MS Excel
The following is a video that demonstrate to you: How to plot a chart with Microsoft Excel. http://raymondlamsk.blogspot.com/2008/05/free-learn-microsoft-excel-how-to-plot.html I hope it helps you in one way or another. ...

Did Microsoft Money 2006 Premium Have A Product Key?
Hi, I just found my jewel case for Money 2006 with the DVD inside. However, I didn't see a product key inside the manual booklet or inside the jewel case (like I have with Money Plus). All I see on the jewel case is a sticker on the back that starts with X11. Not sure what that is. Maybe 2006 didn't have a product key that you needed to activate it, and I just forgot. Can anyone help me out? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, MoneyTech wrote: > > >I just found my jewel case for Money 2006 with the DVD inside. However, I >didn't see a product key inside the m...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

Excel "file is already open"
Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from outside Excel (such as from Windows Explorer), Excel indicates that the file is already open - although, once I click OK, I seem to be able to work with the file normally. The same file will open fine from within Excel. I am using Excel 97 on an XP-Home machine. Can you explain why I may be getting this message, and how I might correct for it? The FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site might give the solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen John McFadden wrote: > > Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from ...

Outlook problem!!! #2
Hullo folks. When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is absolutely NO text in the box what so ever. And i cannot click anywhere in the box to make my post send. What gives? Best Regards Silver. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:42:22 -1000, Silver <dsl46016@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote: > Hullo folks. > > When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a > message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is > absolutely > NO text in the box what s...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Copying Cells #2
How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in the same range on the second sheet. Say the area is from A1 thru B2. Select A1 thru B2 on the first sheet and: Edit > Copy then select cell A1 only on the second sheet and: Edit > Paste Special > Formats. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200808 "DJ" wrote: > How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one > worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in ...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

Moving exchange from one server to another
I have moved all mailboxes and public folders from one server to another in the same site. I had deleted items retention set to 6 month on the first server so users could retrieve deleted items from their outlook client. Now since their mailboxes are moved to the new server and they try to recover deleted items, it comes up blank. How do I move the delete items from the old server to the new one? I don't want to have to overwrite the priv.edb on the new server since it is the most recent one now. I guess you should start practicing your disaster recovery skills as it seems to be not...

look up question #2
I have a list of people with their system rights in the next column by group. Each person may have more than one type of right in the list as follows John Smith Edit Joe Doe Submit Cathy Dory Edit John Smith Submit As you can see above, John Smith has both edit and submit rights on this list. What I am looking for is a formula where I can look down the list of names and find all instances of John Smith and then it can tell me if John Smith ever has edit rights or ever has submit rights. What I would like it to do is return a 1 if he has edit rights a...

Word mail merge

Windows Media Player says ERROR: Cannot Find File Setting up sync
When I try to set up the sync for my microsd card, it says Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted. I haven't even selected any files from the library TO sync. I'm just trying to set up the sync for my device! It's done that with BOTH of my micro sd cards, and it's VERY aggravating. Please help. (I have Windows XP basic home edition, and Windows Media Player 11) ...