Merge same transaction

I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in
the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info
and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and
pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my
transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these
two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge
them?

It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's
already in the register and then merges them beautifully. How do I get that
same result when it doesn't recognize the transaction?
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jmburton2001 wrote:

>I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in
>the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info
>and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and
>pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my
>transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these
>two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge
>them?
>
>It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's
>already in the register and then merges them beautifully. How do I get that
>same result when it doesn't recognize the transaction?

Don't accept the transaction initially, and instead click Change to
match to the right transaction. Then Accept the transaction.
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/4/2008 4:04:41 PM
I take it that this is impossible given that there have been no replies?

=?Utf-8?B?am1idXJ0b24yMDAx?= <jmburton2001@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote on 05 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:

> "jmburton2001" wrote:
>
>> I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed
>> info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction
>> download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction.
>> Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded
>> transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN...
>> Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions
>> are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them?
>>
>> It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction
>> that's already in the register and then merges them beautifully. How
>> do I get that same result when it doesn't recognize the transaction?
>
> I take it that this is impossible given that there have been no
> replies?

When the unrecognized transaction appears it will be bolded. Select the
transaction and click the "Change" button. A window will appear that
lists all the transactions in your account. Check the box next to the
transaction that matches, and click the button to accept.

You just told Money which transaction is the correct one. Now you can
click the "Accept" button.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
In microsoft.public.money, jmburton2001 wrote:

>I take it that this is impossible given that there have been no replies?

I suspect you won't read this either.
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/5/2008 4:09:10 PM
Thank you Cal and Steve for your replies. Steve's replies work well in the
regular account registers. Does this apply to the investment registers as
well? On another note, is there a way to merge transactions after they've
been accepted?

Cal, you're an MVP and your replies are much sought after. I understand that
you've most likely become jaded and aggravated with people on this board and
if my reply seemed to strike a nerve with you, I apologize.

I assure you that I am waiting for your reply and will read it after it's
posted.

wrote on 06 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:

> Steve's replies work well in the regular account registers. Does this
> apply to the investment registers as well?

If your brokerage is like mine, the downloaded transactions are only
partly useful. Every month I go through and change a bunch of
dividend/purchase or dividend/add shares transactions into "Reinvest
Dividend" transactions. The same thing for interest income. I'm not a
tax accountant, so I can't say whether there's a difference, but it
makes my registers lots shorter, and my accountant has never complained.

All that said, I wind up manually marking transactions as reconciled. I
seem to recall that the matching thing doesn't apply to investment
accounts.

> On another note, is there a way to merge transactions after they've
> been accepted?

No. You have to delete the accepted transaction, re-sync with the
financial institution, download the transaction again, and accept it
properly. I _think_ that if you delete the unmerged downloaded
transaction, it will just get downloaded again at the next sync.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
In microsoft.public.money, jmburton2001 wrote:

>Thank you Cal and Steve for your replies. Steve's replies work well in the
>regular account registers. Does this apply to the investment registers as
>well? On another note, is there a way to merge transactions after they've
>been accepted?
>
>Cal, you're an MVP and your replies are much sought after. I understand that
>you've most likely become jaded and aggravated with people on this board and
>if my reply seemed to strike a nerve with you, I apologize.
>
>I assure you that I am waiting for your reply and will read it after it's
>posted.

You can review the thread at
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/fea5d358a8202968/9cfda27ac832c9e2

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, jmburton2001 wrote:
>>
>> >I take it that this is impossible given that there have been no replies?
>>
>> I suspect you won't read this either.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/6/2008 6:17:13 PM
Thank you Cal. I wasn't aware that there was a google group that you had
replied to. I was just looking here for a reply. Thank you for your help!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, jmburton2001 wrote:
>
> >Thank you Cal and Steve for your replies. Steve's replies work well in the
> >regular account registers. Does this apply to the investment registers as
> >well? On another note, is there a way to merge transactions after they've
> >been accepted?
> >
> >Cal, you're an MVP and your replies are much sought after. I understand that
> >you've most likely become jaded and aggravated with people on this board and
> >if my reply seemed to strike a nerve with you, I apologize.
> >
> >I assure you that I am waiting for your reply and will read it after it's
> >posted.
>
> You can review the thread at
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/fea5d358a8202968/9cfda27ac832c9e2

> >> I suspect you won't read this either.

Thanks Steve! You hit the nail right on the head here. It seems like I've
experienced the same phenomenon as you have. Looks like I've been handling it
(investment accounts) the same way myself!

wrote on 07 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:

> "Steve" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?am1idXJ0b24yMDAx?=
>> <jmburton2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 06 Jan 2008 in
>> group microsoft.public.money:
>>
>> If your brokerage is like mine, the downloaded transactions are only
>> partly useful. Every month I go through and change a bunch of
>> dividend/purchase or dividend/add shares transactions into "Reinvest
>> Dividend" transactions. The same thing for interest income. I'm not
>> a tax accountant, so I can't say whether there's a difference, but
>> it makes my registers lots shorter, and my accountant has never
>> complained.
>>
>> All that said, I wind up manually marking transactions as
>> reconciled. I seem to recall that the matching thing doesn't apply
>> to investment accounts.
>
> Thanks Steve! You hit the nail right on the head here. It seems like
> I've experienced the same phenomenon as you have. Looks like I've
> been handling it (investment accounts) the same way myself!

Be sure to choose properly between long-term and short-term dividend
reinvestments. Otherwise your CPA will get incorrect tax information at
the end of the year.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
In microsoft.public.money, jmburton2001 wrote:

>Thank you Cal. I wasn't aware that there was a google group that you had
>replied to. I was just looking here for a reply. Thank you for your help!

It was not a google group. It was the Microsoft group. Google
archives the even semi-popular text groups. The postings get passed
around. It's a search engine thing. Fortunately for us all, Google
took over the DejaNews operations.
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/7/2008 4:25:37 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote:

>If your brokerage is like mine, the downloaded transactions are only
>partly useful. Every month I go through and change a bunch of
>dividend/purchase or dividend/add shares transactions into "Reinvest
>Dividend" transactions. The same thing for interest income. I'm not a
>tax accountant, so I can't say whether there's a difference, but it
>makes my registers lots shorter, and my accountant has never complained.
>
>All that said, I wind up manually marking transactions as reconciled. I
>seem to recall that the matching thing doesn't apply to investment
>accounts.

I don't bother marking the transactions in the investment
transactions as reconciled. If the cash balances out, there is a
good chance that there were no missing Buys and Sells. I do compare
the cash+sweep balances manually. It was easier when my broker did
download the MMF buys and sells. It made for a busy register, but
the expected cash balance was always zero if there were no unsettled
trades.

 But the OFX position information in the download does get compared
to the holdings that Money sees in the registers. If there is
downloaded position that has a different quantity than Money
expects, it will tell you. I don't usually accept Money's offer to
make an adjusting transaction. The position information sometimes
leads or lags the corresponding transactions. After the difference
is there for a while, I track down the missing (or possibly
duplicated) transaction.

Regarding the sweep money market account, I agree with your method.
It is also the method I would use if entering data by hand. It's too
bad that Money doesn't have a way to associate the monthly dividends
for ABC MMF to the cash balance. As it is, the yield for ABC MMF
looks really good, with apparently little or no holdings, it pays a
non-zero dividend.
0
via_newsgroup (13115)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Word mail merge

Transaction matching NOT
What are the "rules" for money's matching transactions? I find that it constantly mismatches items when the name is different and the amount is different. Is there a way to direct it to "only" match exact amaounts? I don't need it to attempt to match to similar entries. Money 2004 deluxe. Scott I have the exact same issue. Have you had any luck finding out why the problem exists or how to fix it? >-----Original Message----- >What are the "rules" for money's matching transactions? I >find that it constantly mismatches items when the...

Cancelled transaction report
Hi everybody I'm looking for a report of cancelled/aborted transactions Any help would be appreciated! ...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

imaginary transactions?
I budget my money for bills and savings by making weekly "imaginary" transactions for equal amounts that total up to the monthly bill that I am budgeting for. The downside to this is that it makes balancing my account a pain. Is there a way to make "imaginary" transactions for budgeting purposes without the transactions scewing the results of reconciling my bank statements? In other words, I want to be able to make transactions that are not calculated in account reconciliations. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps with an option in each category for exclusion fr...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Password expired because of scheduled transactions
Hello, Please help me regain access to my money file that I have created when I first set up the account. I had scheduled some transactions in the account, not knowing that my password will expire because of the scheduled transactions. Now I can't access my file,and I can't go into passport to submit the security question, because initially I did not use passport to set up my money account. Please help! AC Your posting is very cryptic to me. Please help clarify: What makes you think "[your] password will expire because of the scheduled transactions"??? What does w...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

Merging .pst files
Over the last couple of years I have been working from both a desktop and a laptop computer when travelling (both running XP but with Outlook 2007 and 2003, respectively; but I'm told that shouldn't have any impact as they use the same type of .pst file system). I have copied outlook,pst files from one to another to ensure I'm always working with a current file. However, during those years, I have not always understood how to manage that process. Fortunately, I've always saved the old .pst file in case I screw something up. Well, I have screwed something up....

Wrap text in merged cells
Hi, I have a complicated spreadsheet which results in a nicely presented report in which l need the user to input some narrative. To preserve the look and feel of the report l would like the user to be able to input the narrative on a single row, restricted to say 6 columns. The row height needs to adjust automatically dpendent on the amount of text entered. It seems a simple problem but l have tried many methods without success. Anybody got any idea's on how to do this ? All replies greatly appreciated. Regards Michael Beckinsale. You have a problem because: >>restricted t...

Exchange 2003 SMTP Service Timeout Waiting for Transaction
I have an Exchange 2003 Ent server on a Win2k box that is having symptoms identical to what is described in KB831572. The hotfix provided there doesn't apply, obviously. I've been having to watch the server and manually run iisreset each time. This works, but eventually things start hanging again. Time between the crashes varies--the longest I've seen it go today is about an hour and a half. I'm not sure why this started--I hadn't touched anything on the box in several weeks. After it first started, I applied some Windows patches and rebooted. I can't re...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

Help with Mail merge
I have Publisher 2003 and am trying to merge and excel speadsheet of names & addresses. My publisher document is 4 - 1/4 page postcards. I am merging a list of addresses on the back side. I am getting the same name & address in each of the 4 address blocks. How do I set it up properly. I have already printed a test page it does move to the recipient on the follow page of 4. So what I am getting is 4 1/4 page postcards for each recipient. I am a newbie so any help is appreciated. Thanks Are you using the postcard page setup? When you merge you can only have one card on your scre...

Centering Pictures in a Catalog Mail Merge
I'm creating a church directory. I've successfully merged three columns of pictures into my catalog. My picture are all different aspect ratios and sizes. I would like all of the pictures to be CENTERED in their columns. However, when I merge my pictures they all show up on the LEFT SIDE of the picture field of the merge area. I really don't want to center each picture in every column of every individual page. I NEED HELP AUTOMATING THE CENTERING OF MY PICTURE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COLUMNS. I see two potential solutions, but cannot figure out how to do either o...

Merged accounts not staying merged.
I recently upgraded to Money 2006 Premium from 2005 Premium. Since I upgraded I am now able to use online features for one of my banks that I have not been able to use with previous versions. The problem I am having is that it will download the new account information, I merge it with the existing account and everything looks good. If I open Money again the next day after my machine has been shut down it shows both accounts again and I have to re-merge them. Also, I am still having problems getting online information for a few of my banks, but I guess that is probably a Yodlee issue...

How do I delete merged cells in Excel without deleting the final d
I have a column of dates that was formatted YY/MM/DD that I wanted formatted MM/DD/YY. I split the cells then recombined the 3 new columns into a 4th using the concatenate function. How do I delete the 3 columns without deleting the combined data in the 4th? Thanks, Mary First, if the data were really dates, you should be able to just format the cells the way you want. But if it's text that looks like data, you did ok! You can either hide the original columns and keep the concatenation formula --or convert the column of formulas to values (edit|copy, edit|paste spec...

E-mail merge
I wonder if there is a way to e-mail merge in Publisher 2003 ...