Matching Transactions Jumps Ahead

I am currently using M$2007 Deluxe. For some of my accounts I have it
download transactions from my bank. I've noticed a weird issue that I am not
sure why it is happening. In my checkbook, I mark transactions that have
been paid via automatic debit as "EFT" in the check number field. When the
transactions are downloaded, Money wants to match the downloaded transaction
with the next month's payment as opposed to the payment that was just made.

For example:

I have an entry in my checkbook for "Cable Company" on 01/15 for $50. I've
edited this transaction so the check number field contains the text of
"EFT". When I download transactions from my bank, it will ignore this entry
when matching and instead will propose matching it to "Cable Company" on
02/15, which is a future payment.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Merg

--
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"The Merg" <howard_mergler@NOSPAM.themerg.net> wrote on 22 Jan 2008 in
group microsoft.public.money:

> I am currently using M$2007 Deluxe. For some of my accounts I have it
> download transactions from my bank. I've noticed a weird issue that I
> am not sure why it is happening. In my checkbook, I mark transactions
> that have been paid via automatic debit as "EFT" in the check number
> field. When the transactions are downloaded, Money wants to match the
> downloaded transaction with the next month's payment as opposed to
> the payment that was just made.
>
> For example:
>
> I have an entry in my checkbook for "Cable Company" on 01/15 for $50.
> I've edited this transaction so the check number field contains the
> text of "EFT". When I download transactions from my bank, it will
> ignore this entry when matching and instead will propose matching it
> to "Cable Company" on 02/15, which is a future payment.

Don't put "EFT" in there?

What does entering "EFT" accomplish? That's a rhetorical question. I
know that it provides you with a visibile reminder of how the bill was
paid, but if it's causing this problem, you'll have to choose which you
want to have -- properly working matches or "EFT" in the check field.

I just leave the field blank. If the bank wants to put a long check
number in there, I let them. I don't care about the check number except
for the actual check I write, and there are darn few of those any more.

If you want to test, leave "EFT" out of a few transactions, and see if
the matching works properly.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

- Merg

--

"Steve" <respond@online.newsgroup> wrote in message
> "The Merg" <howard_mergler@NOSPAM.themerg.net> wrote on 22 Jan 2008 in
> group microsoft.public.money:
>
>> I am currently using M$2007 Deluxe. For some of my accounts I have it
>> download transactions from my bank. I've noticed a weird issue that I
>> am not sure why it is happening. In my checkbook, I mark transactions
>> that have been paid via automatic debit as "EFT" in the check number
>> field. When the transactions are downloaded, Money wants to match the
>> downloaded transaction with the next month's payment as opposed to
>> the payment that was just made.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> I have an entry in my checkbook for "Cable Company" on 01/15 for $50.
>> I've edited this transaction so the check number field contains the
>> text of "EFT". When I download transactions from my bank, it will
>> ignore this entry when matching and instead will propose matching it
>> to "Cable Company" on 02/15, which is a future payment.
>
> Don't put "EFT" in there?
>
> What does entering "EFT" accomplish? That's a rhetorical question. I
> know that it provides you with a visibile reminder of how the bill was
> paid, but if it's causing this problem, you'll have to choose which you
> want to have -- properly working matches or "EFT" in the check field.
>
> I just leave the field blank. If the bank wants to put a long check
> number in there, I let them. I don't care about the check number except
> for the actual check I write, and there are darn few of those any more.
>
> If you want to test, leave "EFT" out of a few transactions, and see if
> the matching works properly.
>
> Good luck. Let us know what you decide.
>
> --
> Steve B.
> New Life Home Improvement

Client E-Mail and Web E-Mail not matching
I've got a few complaints from about 4 users where e-mail they see in their Outlook Client is not showing up in their Outlook Web Client when they check their e-mail from a remote location. We're using Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed and all the users have Office Outlook 2003 with SP1 Installed also. This seems to only have been a problem since we upgraded to Exchange SP2 two weeks ago. (Although I can't confirm it, but I wasn't told of any problems before th upgrade.) We had to upgrade to SP2 because of the 16 Gig limit so rollback is not an option. Best as I can t...

Matching function or no match
I am using this formula to compare 2 list to see which numbers are not included in both column A and Col C. The formula I am using below pulls out the ones that i do have a match . Is there another function that I could use that would only pull out the ones that there is not a match? =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),"",A1) Thanks Uh =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),A1,"") -- HTH Bob "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE688A2B-3D42-45A0-AA3F-B65034C685E1@microsoft.com... > > I am using this for...

cannot see a list of transactions for 401k
I downloaded the transaction lists for my 401k account. However, all I saw is "add shares" without the list of transactions. I tried the following resolution suggested in the money help. But it just doesn't work. Please help. "On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List. Click your 401K or 403B account, and then click Change account details. Click to clear the Retirement check box. Click to select the Retirement account check box, and then click OK on the message that appears. In the Edit Account dialog box, click Other (for employees), and then click F...

Matching cells #3
Here's my spreadsheet: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 6 4 5 10 5 8 11 6 9 7 10 8 9 10 11 12 13 How do I get the matching numbers on the same rows, like: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 11 11 12 13 13 I would just re-create the columns. 1. Copy column A into D. 2. In E1 put: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,$A1),$A1,"") 3. Copy it over to F1 and then down as far as needed. 4. Select columns D thru F, copy them, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. Press OK. 5. Delete column A thru C. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &g...

Bank of America transaction downloading
Anyone else trying to use Money'05 with Bank of America (California) and having problems with the content that goes intot the account register? I'm getting some fairly worthless information inserted into the Payee field. Most of my downloaded transaction come in as "INTRALINK NETWORK TRANS 876565" or "BANK CARD PURCHASE 765765" instead of "Walmart Store 54657" or "Exxon". For checks the, check number is not in the "Num" field, it's in the payee field. I'm curious if this only a Bank of America phenomenon or a Money-wi...

Project Timesheet Transaction Type
When entering a Project timesheet, there is the option to select a type of Standard or Referenced. The Referenced type appears to allow one to change an existing timesheet. Is this correct? And can you modify the Cost Category time has been posted/submitted against? Thanks Hi Adam-- Referenced allows you to adjust the cost categories/projects on an existing timesheet, but it does that by creating a second timesheet with the positive and/or negative quantities (it does not actually adjust the original). The reason you would use referenced instead of standard to do this adjustment is s...

Lookup Formula: Return 1st match, then 2nd match, then 3rd match
I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following. Tab 1. Col A=Name. Col B = Task. A B Bob Reconcile Cash Tim Do Sales Report Bob Create presentation Tim Prepare financial statements Bob Hire staff person Now on tab two, I want to create another list that pulls all the tasks together by person. For example, Tab 2 would look like this: Bob Reconcile Cash Bob Create presentation Bob Hire staff person Tim Do Sales Report Tim Prepare financial statement. I realize I can just sor...

AP Transaction in work and history
We had a problem with a users workstation where when she posted a transaction it kicked her out of GP. I have since fixed the problem but she posted some Receipt/Invoices and I was able to confirm them with the following script and then delete the one in work. select a.POPRCTNM from POP10300 a, POP30300 b where a.POPRCTNM = b.POPRCTNM Now, the user also posted some AP transactions that were AP invoice and cut a check on the fly but it seems to be stuck like the others in work and history. GP created batches with the user ID as the batch number and I have tried to delete it but cannot...

Index Match Functions
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? ...

Not matching transactions
I have it set to not automatically do anything. I've tried resetting the account quite a few times with the help of technicians, but it's too long and involved, and I'm tired of rebalancing the account every time. I have 3 accounts, 1 works without passport and does fine. One of the others I can manually download from the web site, and have no problems doing it like so and decided this is the best way, prior tries it wouldn't work with passport. But the other still insists they are new transactions, and I can't download from their site directly. They only allow...

NetApp v3140 and Transaction Log placement Best Pratice
Given the unique nature of how NetApps manage the data in their SAN arrays, what is the recommended Best Practices for Transaction Log placement in this scenario? The old school says to place the Transaction Logs on separate disks, preferably Raid1. But, in this big pool of disks where writes happen all over the place, I argued with the tech guys referencing this way of thinking but the original placement of the logs still ended up on the same big set of disks as the datafiles... I am forcing them to change the log file placement for safety reasons but they are planning on s...

data in row didnt match import type 12-30-05
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? It looks like a data problem. You need to check if all dates are correct (and filled), if numbers are numbers (not letters), etc... Regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Aam" <Aam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C51E8ED0-443D-4B35-B436-0A9EDB09B419@microsoft.com... > while impo...

Getting Rid of Transaction Numbers on a Imported Statement
When I download the statements from one of my credit cards, the 'transaction numbers' are filled in with something like 9-digit numbers. I find that having these numbers causes my monthly reports to hang (presumably Money is looking for all the transactions with lesser numbers). So every time I import, I go through and blank out the transaction numbers from the register. Is there anything I can do to make this suck slightly less? Thanks! "ed" <mr.warmth@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:8MM6i.1718$J76.1293@trndny03... >=20 > Is there anything I can do to...

Manually matching transactions
Hi, I'm new to Money 2007 so maybe this is an easy question but I don't find an answer after searching help and recent posts. I have setup a checking account and a bill for Tuition. My transactions are automatically downloaded to my checking account. One of these transactions was my Tuition payment, but the bill still shows as being past due. Can't I simply mark that transaction as being a Tuition payment somehow? I'm sure I could record payment from the bill with the same info as that transaction has then delete the downloaded transaction that wasn't associated ...

Citibank Download Transactions NOT SHOWING UP
Hello, I have seen several others with the same problem. I download my transactions directly from the Citibank website, and they appear to import correctly into Money 2006, but when I go to review the transactions the account registry is totally blank. I did the whole, clearing the internet files, but it didn't work. Any other ideas? I would really appreciate it, or I'm going to have to switch to Quicken! Thanks! Delfin I also have this problem; it is driving me nuts. (Downloadabl accounts is one reason I chose Citibank as my transactional bank). have tried setting up a ...

How does MATCH handle a Non-Match?
I would like a steer on how the MATCH Worksheetfunction behaves if it doesn't find an exact match of values in the array it is searching. I am looking through a series of Dates and instead of picking the nearest one - which I need and seems most obvious - it seems to pick the previous one. I.E. - Searching for 14 Oct 2005 In a list which contains (among others) 15 Sep 2005 16 Oct 2005 And it picks the 15 Sep row! PS. Cell values are actually 14/10/2005 but formatted as above. In Excel's Help for the MATCH function, it describes how the values are returned. Chris wrote: > I w...

Index, Match, Min and Max question
I'm trying to retrieve a date (in column A) that corresponds with a Min and Max amount (in columns B:D). Basically I need to know when my amounts hit their Highs and Lows. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks, Maria Dates in column A; values in B Then =INDEX(A1:A9,MATCH(MAX(B1:B9),B1:B9,0)) Returns the date corresponding the max value in B Is this what was needed? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <mgriffiths@klmtel.net> wrote in message news:1194464476.732636.234500@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >...

fuzzy logic matching in Excel
Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? For example, if I have Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 Davie Kings Road London England and Davie Kings Road - London This should match as a potential pair. How can I do this in Excel? Any ideas? Nothing built in. Davie wrote: > > Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? > > For example, if I have > Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 > Davie Kings Road London Eng...

Project Transactions
The transactions on my project invoice all lump together into one line that simply reads Transactions with a unit cost. We charge customers 4 different Misc. Log transaction types each month, each with a different cost. The invoice should break these out. Is there a setting that would do this? It is very important our customers get all the necessary information on the invoice. btw ... I am using the Invoice Format of Project Summary Page 2 since this is one of the few formats that actually looks like an invoice. Hi Adam-- Check out the summary settings for the billing format and...

version matching
Do both people have to have the same version of Outlook running in order for Tasks and Appointments to sync up properly when emailed between clients? I'm seeing some irregularities between someone running Outlook in Office 2000 and mine which is part of Office 2003. Appointments with reminders sent from Office 2002 or later will show up as text in Outlook 2000 unless a hotfix is applied to the Outlook 2000 installation. Besides this issue, I am not aware of any others except for ..pst file type incompatibilities, easily solved on the 2003 side. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

Paypal Randomizer ! Get random 4$ transactions into your account!
Paypal Randomizer ! Get random 4$ transactions into your account! http://www.instantcashier.com/promo.php?from=business_mmah ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

Jumping outside a linked Excel chart
Hello, In a new created document I paste an Excel chart a linked object at the insertion point. How do I jump outside the object (the chart) to continue writing in the document and what's the proper VBA macro for that? Thanks Avi ...

Offset match formula
Hi, I have the following offset match formula that I use to correctly pull data into a summary sheet by date and metric name. Every day I update my week and it pulls in the new data corrrectly. Is it possible to add to this formula so that I can sum range of dates in my source sheet? For example, I have a YTD total that I would like to be able to use this formula for. But in order to do that I need to adjust it so that it will sum up all of the rows between two dates. Is this possible? What would the formula look like? Do I need to use a different formula? =OFFSET(Source!$F$118:$ES$201...

using MATCH for multiple matches
Greetings Is it possible to use the MATCH function to list all matches in a column rather than just the first one, or is there another way of doing this? Many thanks. Mat, Not sure what you want to extract, but the easiest way is to autofilter your list: Data | Filter | Autofilter.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mat" <buffaloesinc@DELETE2REPLYhotmail.com> wrote in message news:c7diur$ksu$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... > Greetings > > Is it possible to use the MATCH function to list all matches in a column > rather than just the first one, or is there another way o...