Matching Transactions between Downloaded and Manually/Automatically Entered Transactions

I statement is updated automatically.  Between updates I generally enter
transactions since my last update with the merchant's name, amount,
category, etc.  This generates duplicate transactions in money during a
subsequent update.  Is it possible for Money to match the transactions that
I've entered manually with those received through the automatic update
process?  This also causes a problem with scheduled bills that are entered
automatically. I recall 2004 had such functionality.

Kind regards,

Orlanzo

0
none89 (807)
10/11/2004 2:41:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

how to foward mail automatically
How to foward mails to another address automatically Make a Rule to do that in Rules and Alerts (select Tools on the Menu) 60yearold wrote: > How to foward mails to another address automatically ...

cannot see a list of transactions for 401k
I downloaded the transaction lists for my 401k account. However, all I saw is "add shares" without the list of transactions. I tried the following resolution suggested in the money help. But it just doesn't work. Please help. "On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List. Click your 401K or 403B account, and then click Change account details. Click to clear the Retirement check box. Click to select the Retirement account check box, and then click OK on the message that appears. In the Edit Account dialog box, click Other (for employees), and then click F...

Matching function or no match
I am using this formula to compare 2 list to see which numbers are not included in both column A and Col C. The formula I am using below pulls out the ones that i do have a match . Is there another function that I could use that would only pull out the ones that there is not a match? =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),"",A1) Thanks Uh =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),A1,"") -- HTH Bob "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE688A2B-3D42-45A0-AA3F-B65034C685E1@microsoft.com... > > I am using this for...

Client E-Mail and Web E-Mail not matching
I've got a few complaints from about 4 users where e-mail they see in their Outlook Client is not showing up in their Outlook Web Client when they check their e-mail from a remote location. We're using Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed and all the users have Office Outlook 2003 with SP1 Installed also. This seems to only have been a problem since we upgraded to Exchange SP2 two weeks ago. (Although I can't confirm it, but I wasn't told of any problems before th upgrade.) We had to upgrade to SP2 because of the 16 Gig limit so rollback is not an option. Best as I can t...

Matching cells #3
Here's my spreadsheet: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 6 4 5 10 5 8 11 6 9 7 10 8 9 10 11 12 13 How do I get the matching numbers on the same rows, like: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 11 11 12 13 13 I would just re-create the columns. 1. Copy column A into D. 2. In E1 put: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,$A1),$A1,"") 3. Copy it over to F1 and then down as far as needed. 4. Select columns D thru F, copy them, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. Press OK. 5. Delete column A thru C. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &g...

2005 Small Business Bank Download
Since I've upgraded to 2005, I am getting an error in Money when I try to download my account activity from my bank. Something about a corrupt or bad file. I believe the software is set to automatically download the activity into the account register. Any ideas on how to correct? Thanks - Steve ...

Bank of America transaction downloading
Anyone else trying to use Money'05 with Bank of America (California) and having problems with the content that goes intot the account register? I'm getting some fairly worthless information inserted into the Payee field. Most of my downloaded transaction come in as "INTRALINK NETWORK TRANS 876565" or "BANK CARD PURCHASE 765765" instead of "Walmart Store 54657" or "Exxon". For checks the, check number is not in the "Num" field, it's in the payee field. I'm curious if this only a Bank of America phenomenon or a Money-wi...

Project Timesheet Transaction Type
When entering a Project timesheet, there is the option to select a type of Standard or Referenced. The Referenced type appears to allow one to change an existing timesheet. Is this correct? And can you modify the Cost Category time has been posted/submitted against? Thanks Hi Adam-- Referenced allows you to adjust the cost categories/projects on an existing timesheet, but it does that by creating a second timesheet with the positive and/or negative quantities (it does not actually adjust the original). The reason you would use referenced instead of standard to do this adjustment is s...

Lookup Formula: Return 1st match, then 2nd match, then 3rd match
I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following. Tab 1. Col A=Name. Col B = Task. A B Bob Reconcile Cash Tim Do Sales Report Bob Create presentation Tim Prepare financial statements Bob Hire staff person Now on tab two, I want to create another list that pulls all the tasks together by person. For example, Tab 2 would look like this: Bob Reconcile Cash Bob Create presentation Bob Hire staff person Tim Do Sales Report Tim Prepare financial statement. I realize I can just sor...

Automatic Start up of my application
Hi, I am writing an application that the pc need to boot into so that the user does not have access to the windows desktop. I am going to do this by changing the following Registry value :- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT \CurrentVersion\Winlogon and change it from explorer.exe to MyApp.exe. The question I have is what do I have to do to switch back as after i do this the pc will always boot into my application and i wont be able to get access to the registry. Will booting up in safe mode give me access to the Windows desktop and allow me to change the registry value bac...

Windows Mail
When I signed into Windows Mail, from my stamps.com program, Windows Mail automatically downloaded my entire in box from my "prodigy.com" mail box. Is there a way to transfer my messages back to the prodigy in box? Thanks, Dino No, not unless Prodigy offers the IMAP protocol as well as the POP3 protocol. The only other thing you can do is resend them back to yourself, one at a time. By default Windows Mail will delete messages from the server after a successful download. To change that behavior, go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced...

AP Transaction in work and history
We had a problem with a users workstation where when she posted a transaction it kicked her out of GP. I have since fixed the problem but she posted some Receipt/Invoices and I was able to confirm them with the following script and then delete the one in work. select a.POPRCTNM from POP10300 a, POP30300 b where a.POPRCTNM = b.POPRCTNM Now, the user also posted some AP transactions that were AP invoice and cut a check on the fly but it seems to be stuck like the others in work and history. GP created batches with the user ID as the batch number and I have tried to delete it but cannot...

Index Match Functions
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? ...

Is there another way to access downloaded statements in MNY 2007?
Hi, can anyone tell me of another way to get to the downloaded statements page other than having to go through the Call Summary page in Money 2007? Now, I have to click the update icon in the upper right, then "view downloaded statements". In MNY 2004, which I "upgraded" from, the program would automatically take you to the DL statement page if there was new info. Is there anyway to automate this in 2007, or to create a shortcut to the page? Thanks in advance for your help. Nick ...

Entering minutes and seconds
Can anyone please help before I go completely mad. I am trying to enter minutes and seconds into a spreadsheet but even though the cell is formatted as m:ss it still requires the user to type in 0:01:10 for one minute ten seconds and I want to just type 1:10 for one minute ten seconds, or just 45 for 45 seconds. Please help. Thanks. -- burrowsybobs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ burrowsybobs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792...

How to start with new message automatically when opening WLM
Hi all, I use Paperport 12 Pro (a program for filing pdf's, etc) and one of my links at the bottom is Live Mail, it is supposed to work so that when I drop a pdf (or whatever file) on it, will open Live Mail, start a new e-mail and add the file as an attachment. It is not working, all it does is open WLM, and I just wonder if anybody uses it the same way and knows how to make it work. Any help really appreciated Never used it, but have you ensured that WLM(Windows Live Mail) has all of its defaults ? - If it opens WLM, without creating a new message it may not be prog...

Not matching transactions
I have it set to not automatically do anything. I've tried resetting the account quite a few times with the help of technicians, but it's too long and involved, and I'm tired of rebalancing the account every time. I have 3 accounts, 1 works without passport and does fine. One of the others I can manually download from the web site, and have no problems doing it like so and decided this is the best way, prior tries it wouldn't work with passport. But the other still insists they are new transactions, and I can't download from their site directly. They only allow...

NetApp v3140 and Transaction Log placement Best Pratice
Given the unique nature of how NetApps manage the data in their SAN arrays, what is the recommended Best Practices for Transaction Log placement in this scenario? The old school says to place the Transaction Logs on separate disks, preferably Raid1. But, in this big pool of disks where writes happen all over the place, I argued with the tech guys referencing this way of thinking but the original placement of the logs still ended up on the same big set of disks as the datafiles... I am forcing them to change the log file placement for safety reasons but they are planning on s...

data in row didnt match import type 12-30-05
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? It looks like a data problem. You need to check if all dates are correct (and filled), if numbers are numbers (not letters), etc... Regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Aam" <Aam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C51E8ED0-443D-4B35-B436-0A9EDB09B419@microsoft.com... > while impo...

autotab to the next cell after entering a character/number
to save on my dataentry time i have to fill in a worksheet with numbers between 1 and 5 - im sick of pushing the tab key to get to the next cell - HELP! is autotab possible? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.593 / Virus Database: 376 - Release Date: 20/02/2004 This might be what you're looking for. http://tinyurl.com/39vzv -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "...

Automatic spell checker
Could someone help with automatic spell checker not working in Word 2007. No matter what I do the spell checker doesn't want to work. I have downloaded the latest updates with no luck. I have followed the various suggestions such as selecting the text and then unchecking the "do not check spelling grammar" box in Set Language box. I did get an error once that stated something like spell checker doesn't work with English (UK) get in touch with reseller or check Microsoft Office site. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stef...

Getting Rid of Transaction Numbers on a Imported Statement
When I download the statements from one of my credit cards, the 'transaction numbers' are filled in with something like 9-digit numbers. I find that having these numbers causes my monthly reports to hang (presumably Money is looking for all the transactions with lesser numbers). So every time I import, I go through and blank out the transaction numbers from the register. Is there anything I can do to make this suck slightly less? Thanks! "ed" <mr.warmth@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:8MM6i.1718$J76.1293@trndny03... >=20 > Is there anything I can do to...

Manually matching transactions
Hi, I'm new to Money 2007 so maybe this is an easy question but I don't find an answer after searching help and recent posts. I have setup a checking account and a bill for Tuition. My transactions are automatically downloaded to my checking account. One of these transactions was my Tuition payment, but the bill still shows as being past due. Can't I simply mark that transaction as being a Tuition payment somehow? I'm sure I could record payment from the bill with the same info as that transaction has then delete the downloaded transaction that wasn't associated ...

Citibank Download Transactions NOT SHOWING UP
Hello, I have seen several others with the same problem. I download my transactions directly from the Citibank website, and they appear to import correctly into Money 2006, but when I go to review the transactions the account registry is totally blank. I did the whole, clearing the internet files, but it didn't work. Any other ideas? I would really appreciate it, or I'm going to have to switch to Quicken! Thanks! Delfin I also have this problem; it is driving me nuts. (Downloadabl accounts is one reason I chose Citibank as my transactional bank). have tried setting up a ...

Automatic population of a field in an input form
I have been away from Access for a few years, so I am struggling with a problem which I'm sure is an easy fix. I am working with Access 2003, and my form has a field for a Customer ID number. When that number is put into the Customer ID field, the Customer Name is supposed to automatically populate the Customer Name field as soon as I tab into that field. I am working off of one table to accomplish this. Is this accomplished with the criteria section of a query, and if so, how? If now, can someone please walk me through the steps to accomplish this. OwlLover, If I unders...