Matching DL Deposits with Invoice Payments

I have setup Money 2004 Small Business to download transactions from my
bank.  This is working fine.  Most of the deposits are payments received for
invoices.

When I download the deposit record from the bank, it does not match the
transaction with the existing transaction that was created when I run the
"Receive payment for invoice" task in the Accounts Receivable window.
Furthermore, when I try to manually match the downloaded transactions, the
deposits created manually do not appear.

What is wrong here?  Is there something I'm missing or is there a problem
with the program?

Andy Nestor

money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C459E4.78537F10

Due to the "underwhelming" response to my earlier post I decided to =
contact MS product support on this issue.  I'm posting the results here =
for the benefit of those who monitor this newsgroup.

The tech observed the same problem (he seemed to be unaware of the =
problem previously).  He suggested a work around of marking the manual =
transaction ("payment for invoice") as cleared and deleting the =
downloaded transaction without accepting it.

=20

I tried the work around and it works OK and the deposit does not get =
re-downloaded from my bank.  It seems to me that the work around could =
be a problem if you don't balance the account as soon as you receive the =
statement from the bank.

Andy Nestor

"Andy Nestor" <Andrew.Nestor@AmbTechAdvisors.com> wrote in message =
> I have setup Money 2004 Small Business to download transactions from =
my
> bank.  This is working fine.  Most of the deposits are payments =
received for
> invoices.
>=20
> When I download the deposit record from the bank, it does not match =
the
> transaction with the existing transaction that was created when I run =
the
> "Receive payment for invoice" task in the Accounts Receivable window.
> Furthermore, when I try to manually match the downloaded transactions, =
the
> deposits created manually do not appear.
>=20
> What is wrong here?  Is there something I'm missing or is there a =
problem
> with the program?
>=20
> Andy Nestor
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C459E4.78537F10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Due to the "underwhelming" response to =
my earlier=20
post I decided to contact MS product support on this issue.&nbsp; I'm =
posting=20
the results here for the benefit of those who monitor this=20
newsgroup.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The =
tech&nbsp;observed=20
the same problem (he seemed to be unaware of the problem =
previously).<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>He suggested a work around of =
marking=20
the manual transaction (=93payment for invoice=94) as cleared and =
deleting the=20
downloaded transaction without accepting it.<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o =
ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I tried the =
work around=20
and it works OK and the deposit does not get re-downloaded from my =
bank.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>It seems to me that the work =
around=20
could be a problem if you don=92t balance the account as soon as you =
receive the=20
statement from the bank.</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Andy =
Nestor</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN>&nbsp;</P></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Andy Nestor" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:Andrew.Nestor@AmbTechAdvisors.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Andrew.Nestor@AmbTechAdvisors.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:Og%23b0l9VEHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2>news:Og%23b0l9VEHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; I have setup =
Money 2004=20
Small Business to download transactions from my<BR>&gt; bank.&nbsp; This =
is=20
working fine.&nbsp; Most of the deposits are payments received =
for<BR>&gt;=20
invoices.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; When I download the deposit record from the =
bank, it=20
does not match the<BR>&gt; transaction with the existing transaction =
that was=20
created when I run the<BR>&gt; "Receive payment for invoice" task in the =

Accounts Receivable window.<BR>&gt; Furthermore, when I try to manually =
match=20
the downloaded transactions, the<BR>&gt; deposits created manually do =
not=20
appear.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; What is wrong here?&nbsp; Is there something =
I'm=20
missing or is there a problem<BR>&gt; with the program?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Andy=20
Nestor<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C459E4.78537F10--

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:12:06 -0400, "Andy Nestor"
<Andrew.Nestor@AmbTechAdvisors.com> wrote:

>Due to the "underwhelming" response to my earlier post I decided to contact MS product support on this issue.  I'm posting the results here for the benefit of those who monitor this newsgroup.
>
>The tech observed the same problem (he seemed to be unaware of the problem previously).  He suggested a work around of marking the manual transaction ("payment for invoice") as cleared and deleting the downloaded transaction without accepting it.

I reported this same problem in Money 2003 over a year ago. They do
know about it. It's been reported here often. Apparently they either
can't or won't fix it.

>I tried the work around and it works OK and the deposit does not get re-downloaded from my bank.  It seems to me that the work around could be a problem if you don't balance the account as soon as you receive the statement from the bank.
>

>Andy Nestor
>

>"Andy Nestor" <Andrew.Nestor@AmbTechAdvisors.com> wrote in message news:Og%23b0l9VEHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> I have setup Money 2004 Small Business to download transactions from my
>> bank.  This is working fine.  Most of the deposits are payments received for
>> invoices.
>>
>> When I download the deposit record from the bank, it does not match the
>> transaction with the existing transaction that was created when I run the
>> "Receive payment for invoice" task in the Accounts Receivable window.
>> Furthermore, when I try to manually match the downloaded transactions, the
>> deposits created manually do not appear.
>>
>> What is wrong here?  Is there something I'm missing or is there a problem
>> with the program?
>>
>> Andy Nestor

Thanks, Andy, for bringing up perhaps the most INFURIATING issue with
an otherwise great piece of software. Although I dislike Quicken, I
was forced to migrate to it primarily because I could not get along
with this particular feature. I am sure it is also related to the
issue by which paid invoices are not accounted for in budgets, which
IMHO removes a significant chunk of functionality.

Perhaps as this defect is brought up repeatedly the folks at MS will
take heed and finally fix it (it is a known issue).

"Andy Nestor" <Andrew.Nestor@AmbTechAdvisors.com> wrote in message news:<Og#b0l9VEHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> I have setup Money 2004 Small Business to download transactions from my
> bank.  This is working fine.  Most of the deposits are payments received for
> invoices.
>
> When I download the deposit record from the bank, it does not match the
> transaction with the existing transaction that was created when I run the
> "Receive payment for invoice" task in the Accounts Receivable window.
> Furthermore, when I try to manually match the downloaded transactions, the
> deposits created manually do not appear.
>
> What is wrong here?  Is there something I'm missing or is there a problem
> with the program?
>
> Andy Nestor

what are the steps to export dl list
what are the steps to export a distribution list in exchange 5.5. I have tried to use the export tool in excg. adm to no avail. I know i posted earlier, but i have noticed when i reply to what someone has posted in a post of mine i get no response. Thanks for the help. Isnt there a check box in the Export dialog box in the Exch admin for "Distribution Lists"? On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:01:03 -0700, "mikee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what are the steps to export a distribution list in exchange 5.5. I have tried to use the export tool in excg. adm ...

Client E-Mail and Web E-Mail not matching
I've got a few complaints from about 4 users where e-mail they see in their Outlook Client is not showing up in their Outlook Web Client when they check their e-mail from a remote location. We're using Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed and all the users have Office Outlook 2003 with SP1 Installed also. This seems to only have been a problem since we upgraded to Exchange SP2 two weeks ago. (Although I can't confirm it, but I wasn't told of any problems before th upgrade.) We had to upgrade to SP2 because of the 16 Gig limit so rollback is not an option. Best as I can t...

Matching function or no match
I am using this formula to compare 2 list to see which numbers are not included in both column A and Col C. The formula I am using below pulls out the ones that i do have a match . Is there another function that I could use that would only pull out the ones that there is not a match? =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),"",A1) Thanks Uh =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),A1,"") -- HTH Bob "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE688A2B-3D42-45A0-AA3F-B65034C685E1@microsoft.com... > > I am using this for...

Matching cells #3
Here's my spreadsheet: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 6 4 5 10 5 8 11 6 9 7 10 8 9 10 11 12 13 How do I get the matching numbers on the same rows, like: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 11 11 12 13 13 I would just re-create the columns. 1. Copy column A into D. 2. In E1 put: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,$A1),$A1,"") 3. Copy it over to F1 and then down as far as needed. 4. Select columns D thru F, copy them, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. Press OK. 5. Delete column A thru C. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &g...

Lookup Formula: Return 1st match, then 2nd match, then 3rd match
I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following. Tab 1. Col A=Name. Col B = Task. A B Bob Reconcile Cash Tim Do Sales Report Bob Create presentation Tim Prepare financial statements Bob Hire staff person Now on tab two, I want to create another list that pulls all the tasks together by person. For example, Tab 2 would look like this: Bob Reconcile Cash Bob Create presentation Bob Hire staff person Tim Do Sales Report Tim Prepare financial statement. I realize I can just sor...

Index Match Functions
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? ...

Not matching transactions
I have it set to not automatically do anything. I've tried resetting the account quite a few times with the help of technicians, but it's too long and involved, and I'm tired of rebalancing the account every time. I have 3 accounts, 1 works without passport and does fine. One of the others I can manually download from the web site, and have no problems doing it like so and decided this is the best way, prior tries it wouldn't work with passport. But the other still insists they are new transactions, and I can't download from their site directly. They only allow...

DL owners can't modify lists 03-11-10
So we've just completed a review of all our distribution lists - many had no owners, were not used anymore, etc. We cleaned up a lot of stuff and assigned an owner to each list, then notified the new owners that they are in fact now owners. Several of them are running into problems whereby they cannot modify the group. They get an error message saying You do not have sufficient permissions to update the list. Can someone give me some ideas on where to start troubleshooting this? Not all owners have this problem - just a handful of them. Thanks! On Thu, 11 Mar 201...

data in row didnt match import type 12-30-05
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? It looks like a data problem. You need to check if all dates are correct (and filled), if numbers are numbers (not letters), etc... Regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Aam" <Aam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C51E8ED0-443D-4B35-B436-0A9EDB09B419@microsoft.com... > while impo...

Manually matching transactions
Hi, I'm new to Money 2007 so maybe this is an easy question but I don't find an answer after searching help and recent posts. I have setup a checking account and a bill for Tuition. My transactions are automatically downloaded to my checking account. One of these transactions was my Tuition payment, but the bill still shows as being past due. Can't I simply mark that transaction as being a Tuition payment somehow? I'm sure I could record payment from the bill with the same info as that transaction has then delete the downloaded transaction that wasn't associated ...

Payments recieved in Invoices stopped going to reports
When I recieve payments on an invoice in money 2003 Business & Personal I tell it to send the payment to an account I set up called "undeposited funds". Those payments are reflected in the undeposited funds account under the category "payment for invoice" which is a name the program defaults to for all payments recieved for invoices even though they are actually allocated to whatever category I tell it to be allegated to. This part of the program is still funtioning fine. But as of the 1st of october, those payments will no longer show up in any of my cash flo...

How does MATCH handle a Non-Match?
I would like a steer on how the MATCH Worksheetfunction behaves if it doesn't find an exact match of values in the array it is searching. I am looking through a series of Dates and instead of picking the nearest one - which I need and seems most obvious - it seems to pick the previous one. I.E. - Searching for 14 Oct 2005 In a list which contains (among others) 15 Sep 2005 16 Oct 2005 And it picks the 15 Sep row! PS. Cell values are actually 14/10/2005 but formatted as above. In Excel's Help for the MATCH function, it describes how the values are returned. Chris wrote: > I w...

Index, Match, Min and Max question
I'm trying to retrieve a date (in column A) that corresponds with a Min and Max amount (in columns B:D). Basically I need to know when my amounts hit their Highs and Lows. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks, Maria Dates in column A; values in B Then =INDEX(A1:A9,MATCH(MAX(B1:B9),B1:B9,0)) Returns the date corresponding the max value in B Is this what was needed? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <mgriffiths@klmtel.net> wrote in message news:1194464476.732636.234500@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >...

Finding a DL's home server
I'm trying to write a VBS that will add mailboxes to Distribution Lists, based on the CSV file from a Directory Export. I'm having troubles because in order to ADD a mailbox, you need to use the DL's home server in the LDAP ADsPath. This is not required if you only want to READ a property of the DL. For example, Let's say that the DL, 'DL-Office', is on Server1 which is in another Site. Say Server2 is local to me. If I just want to know how many members there are in 'DL- Office' I can do the following: strDL="LDAP://Server2/cn=DL-Office,cn=DLs,ou=Ci...

How to delete Invoice that is not yet posted?
I transferred a batch of Sales orders (two orders) into invoices. I meant to only make one of the orders an invoice. I did not post the invoice yet. Is there any way to go back to the order? I do not want to have to post the invoice, then void the invoice, then show the material on the inventory missing/then having to return that material. (Is there an easy way to take the unposted invoice back to the Sales order step?) Please let me know, Thank you!! I would backorder all of the items on the invoice and transfer it to a BackOrder document (assuming your document id for the Invoi...

fuzzy logic matching in Excel
Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? For example, if I have Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 Davie Kings Road London England and Davie Kings Road - London This should match as a potential pair. How can I do this in Excel? Any ideas? Nothing built in. Davie wrote: > > Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? > > For example, if I have > Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 > Davie Kings Road London Eng...

Recurring deposit on second wednesday of very month -- how to set up??
I have Microsoft Money 2000 (version 8). Is there a way to set up a recurring deposit that arrives on the second wednesday of every month?? (I see options for monthly, weekly, etc.) Thanks. Barb Hi Barb On 2K business the menu that comes up shows monthly as the first option. If you move the "slide bar" in the side "every other week" shows up. Lew "striped_moose" <striped_moose@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:28542eee.0402141312.26633ba9@posting.google.com... > I have Microsoft Money 2000 (version 8). > > Is there a way to set up a recurr...

version matching
Do both people have to have the same version of Outlook running in order for Tasks and Appointments to sync up properly when emailed between clients? I'm seeing some irregularities between someone running Outlook in Office 2000 and mine which is part of Office 2003. Appointments with reminders sent from Office 2002 or later will show up as text in Outlook 2000 unless a hotfix is applied to the Outlook 2000 installation. Besides this issue, I am not aware of any others except for ..pst file type incompatibilities, easily solved on the 2003 side. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Excel 2002: How to select an invoice entry ?
Hi, Let's consider the table below: A B C 1 Invoice Line code Selection 2 2010030101 18 A 3 2010030101 2 A 4 2010030102 3 B 5 2010030102 3 B 6 2010030103 18 A 7 2010030103 6 A 8 2010030104 4 B 9 2010030104 6 B 10 2010030105 ...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

Offset match formula
Hi, I have the following offset match formula that I use to correctly pull data into a summary sheet by date and metric name. Every day I update my week and it pulls in the new data corrrectly. Is it possible to add to this formula so that I can sum range of dates in my source sheet? For example, I have a YTD total that I would like to be able to use this formula for. But in order to do that I need to adjust it so that it will sum up all of the rows between two dates. Is this possible? What would the formula look like? Do I need to use a different formula? =OFFSET(Source!$F$118:$ES$201...

Missing Invoice Sales Order
Hello again. If I entered a sales order, had it fulfilled, uploaded a tracking number for it after it was shipped, invoiced it out, and even had delivery confirmation that it arrived but can now no longer find the order anywhere in Great Plains should I look to find its history? I mean does GP (from the GUI or through SQL Server) maintain a comprehensive history of deletions, corruptions, etc? I have the customer number, name, and address from the distribution center that fulfilled it for me to search in GP. Again, it is nowhere to be found. Thanks. First, check to make sure history...

MSM07
I've got an online payment in my register marked with a red question mark and an envelope. The transaction is a payment initiated from MSM to my bank's online bill payment service. The payment has prcessed and MSM has matched the banks transaction with this one and it has an "E" in the cleared column.. My account online shows the payment and it has been processed successfully. The question mark remains.. How can I clear this question mark? Thanks Bryan ...

using MATCH for multiple matches
Greetings Is it possible to use the MATCH function to list all matches in a column rather than just the first one, or is there another way of doing this? Many thanks. Mat, Not sure what you want to extract, but the easiest way is to autofilter your list: Data | Filter | Autofilter.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mat" <buffaloesinc@DELETE2REPLYhotmail.com> wrote in message news:c7diur$ksu$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... > Greetings > > Is it possible to use the MATCH function to list all matches in a column > rather than just the first one, or is there another way o...

Excel should allow correlations of data so chart markers match up
When creating complex charts with columns and markers all markers show up in fromt of one column instead of being matched with the correct column. If information could be correlated the markers could be line up with the correct column which would make reading the chart easier! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...