Market Value calculation

When viewing my total assests in either the accounts list
or portfolio manager views, why is the market value column
displaying the market value minus the contributions cost
in the totals?  I have not found a way to display only the
market value including using custom views.

I am more interested in the total value of holdings at
this point than gains.  Besides, gains has it's own column.

Can anyone point out where I may be missing something
here?  Is the attempt to display market value futile,
stupid, worthwhile but currently broken,  other?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74721)
4/6/2004 3:39:36 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

display values in cell
Hi, how can i display values in 2 cells into a 3rd cell? eg. cell 1 value is US cell 2 value is 1234 cell 3 to display US1234 [both cell 1 & 2 value] regards Assuming A1=US and B1=1234, in cell C1 put =A1&B1 to get US1234 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C324FDDA-9B1C-4D38-A093-BB940B6DE3F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > how can i display values in 2 cells into a 3rd cell? > eg. cell 1 value is US > cell 2 value is 1234 > cell 3 to display US1234 [both cell 1 & 2 value] > regards one...

email sort is confused by absolute value of received time
i am sorting mail by conversation, then by received . i am finding that email timed at 12:39 pm is at top of list, while 9:30 pm is below it. or, within a conversation the received times, from top to bottom are 12:59pm, 9:41 pm, 11:11 PM, and 8:10 pm. the first three are progressively indented. i've tried various settings, ascending and descending. but can't find a setting that simply puts the newest email at the top. any ideas? jeffrey -- jeffrey forgot to mention, i am using OL 2007 -- jeffrey "jeffrey" <astro46@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2lqXk...

Function or Formula to Add lowest X number of values in a range
I'm looking for a way to total (SUM) the lowest X number of values in a given range of values. For example, I have a row of 15 values. I'd like to do some analysis and determine what the total and average is for the lowest 5 values, lowest 10 values, or whatever number of values I desire. Is there a function or formula that will help me accomplish this? Ctrl/Shift/Enter: =SUM(SMALL(A1:A15,ROW(1:5))) for the smallest 5. If you want the smallest X, where X is in cell D7, for example, ctrl/shift/enter: =SUM(SMALL(A1:A15,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&D7)))) Bob Umlas Excel MVP ...

Look up tables vs. value fields via combo box on form
I have tables such as t_WeatherData in which I have fields such as Temperature, WindSpeed, WindDirection. The WindSpeed and WindDirection fields each have a lookup table with an ID (primary key/autonumber) and a field that holds a category ("N", "NE", "NW", "W", etc., or "< 5 mph", "5-10 mph", etc.). As I have it, the look up tables merely serve to populate a combo box on the data entry form... OR, is creating a combo box with a value list sufficient? What should be the factors in my decision on when to use a look...

display last value in a column
I would like to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in a column in a specific cell. For example, A1 is to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in column B. The number of entries and values in column B changes frequently; therefore the last value in column B is in a different row. Thanks. -- Mike Try this... Assuming there are no logical TRUE entries in the range. =LOOKUP(1E100,1/B2:B100,B2:B100) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFFCBDB0-3632-46AC-A3AB-073E6F0D475...

High and Low values in column
Is it possible to show the high and low values in column b based on the grouping in column a? I have a customer list with the prices each customer paid for the products. I want to know what the highest and lowest price each customer paid for their products. Is this possible using Excel 2000 or 2003? Thanks, Lee Coleman This is an array formula which must be entered/edited with ctrl+shift+enter =MIN(IF(C3:C33="customerA",D3:D33)) =max -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Lee Coleman" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message news:...

Looking Up Values On Different Sheets
is it possible to look up values from different sheets ??? *for example: * i have created a page called *print-out* and this is where i want th findings to be put. i need something that will look up all values tha say *10.00am* and copy columns A-D onto the printout sheet. But thes are all on differnt sheets. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 Sheet 3 Sheet 4 10.00am 10.20am 10.00am 10.00am 10.20am 10.40am 10.40am 10.20am 10.40am do you understand ???? this if for a tournament scheduler where i need to print out al fixtures star...

How assign multi-valued value to a variable
I am using 2007 How do you get the value of a multi-valued field on a form into a variable? Something like this does not work. strCompanys = me.Companys.value Why not? I can see that the textbox contains a value of WPTS, JTS. But trying to get the value this way produces a type mismatch error. The multi-valued field (MVF) contains a *recordset* of values. You will therefore need to set a Recordset variable to the field, and loop through the recordset to manipulate the values. Assuming you have a DAO object of type Field, test it to see if it is an object. It will be if it is an ...

Calculated field in pivot tables
Hi Can a defined 'Name' be used in a calculated field? You can't use names, or cell references in a calculated field. nc wrote: > Hi > > Can a defined 'Name' be used in a calculated field? > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

are there templates for email marketing for mortgage brokering
I am hoping to find a template for the mortgage brokering business i can use in my email in newsletter or offring format ...

Working with formatted values
I am trying to reference formatted data (eg. 8.6) as opposed to the unformatted data (8.5789....) in a cell in that is in another worksheet which is apart of the same workbook. The problem I am having is my calculation are using the unformatted data which skews my results. Simply put, I just want to "fix" the data that I see in the source worksheet for further calculations later! Please help!!! :) -- A squirrel trying to get a nut!!! Then you must make the value the same as the format. For instance, if 8.6 is in A1, you would have to put: =round(a1,1) (this rounds A1&#...

Add a new cell value to the old one?
Hi I want to add the new cell value to the old? example If the value is 10 in A3 and the sum realted cell A5=10. Then cell A get a new value, 13, then the cell value in A5 should be 23 and so on. It is possible to do that direct in excel or vba? Run -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rune, With VBA you can Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(2, 0).Value = .Offset(2, 0).Value + ...

restricted value
How do i unrestrict a value in a cell? I've tried to unprotect the sheet/workbook, tried formating the cell to text. It does not except text but will except numeric ...... The restriction may be caused by Data Validation. To remove it: 1. Select the cell 2. Choose Data>Validation 3. Click the Clear All button, click OK Renee Mills wrote: > How do i unrestrict a value in a cell? I've tried to > unprotect the sheet/workbook, tried formating the cell to > text. > > It does not except text but will except numeric -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Bo...

Value from another cell but...
I want a cell to have a value that comes from another cell, but the cell from which it comes depends on what is in a 3rd cell. I'm not even sure this is possible For example Cells A1 = Hello, A2 = Bye The value in cell C1 will come from a cell in the A col, but which cell exactly depends on the value in he cell B1 So if B1 = 1, C1 takes the value from A1 (Hello). Is B1 = 2, C1 = Bye. If B1 = 15, C1 takes its value in cell A15, and so on. So is that possible? If so, how do i do that? -- Cthulhu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cthulhu's Pro...

Copy Color Formats Based On Column Date Values
I currently have this code, where HMLoc is the starting point for a color paste at C6. Instead of having this a constant field, I need it to search for today's date in the cell above it (C5) (The dates are given in the range C5:BO5), and then color accordingly. I have struggled with this all morning and can't get it to work the way I want it. Please help me! Option Explicit Const LegendLoc = "BH3" Const HMLoc = "C6" Const None = 0 Sub ColorHM() Dim theRow As Integer Dim theCol As Integer Dim NumX As Single Dim Color1 As Integer Dim Color2 As Integer Dim Color3 A...

"empty" picklist value
Hi All, I'm trying to create a picklist which has an empty element. This could be used whether the user does not know which value fit to the data. Eg. I'd like to create a picklist with the values: " ",Black, White, Yellow. I'm not able to do this becasue a value should not be empty. Have anyone feced to the same problem? Is there a sophisticated solution? Thanks. Why not just use the value "unknown"? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 05:43:05 -0700, "...

Calculations in Excel
Hi every1! If u can, plz help me with this excel question (its been bothering me for ageas already!): Total Available: 25 Runout date: ??? A B Date Quantity Required 1/6/2003 6 3/7/2003 14 4/8/2003 9 8/11/2003 6 How do i make it show the date that the food runs out on (4/8/2003 in this case) and the day before it will run out (3/7/2003 in this case)? If u can help, then plz reply!! Thx in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One possible way:...

Excel 97 quote calculations
Hi Bit new to this. I'm a bit stuck on how to create a formula so that a quote ca automatically be given. For example if a price of a house is between �0 - �40,000 then it' �293.75 between �40,000 - �80,000 it's �323.13 and so on. There are levels. I would like to create something where they input an amount and it wil generate the quote in another cell. I've tried an IF statement but can only get it to do the first bit an I can't get it to work out anything further This is the first bit =IF(B4<40001,293.25) Can anyone help with the rest of it? Thanks Jackie : -- Messa...

Missing Sales and Marketing entries from the Navigation bar
Hi, I'm a newbbie to Crm. Crm 3.0 has been installed with just the web client i,e no outlook/ exchnage integratiion. When i run the site the only entries on the navigation bar are Workplace, Services and Settings. Any reason why Sales and Marketing are missing?. How can i gain access to these? Thanks for all info. John Hi John, I guess you are connecting with the installation user. Try going to Settings/Settings/Business Units/Users and open your user. Check if the "Restrict user" box is checked and uncheck it. Save the user settings Hit <F5> and you should be set. H...

calculating a rolling mean
Hi all you gurus out there I am a diabetic and as part of my spreadsheet recording blood glucose reading, I have Column B - Dates (01/01/05-31/12/05) Columns E-K will hold blood glucose readings at different times of day (e.g. waking, 2 hrs after breakfast etc etc) There is a value called HbA1c which may be calculated from the average of the last 2 weeks or 4 weeks of all readings. So from today's readings I wish to average Row 04/07/05, cols E-K to Row 20/06/05 cols E-K; and average Row 04/07/05, cols E-K to Row 06/06/05 cols E-K. (Ideally should be 1 month, but I can live with 4 weeks...

Calculate differences between age
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have ages in a YY: MM format (excel doesnt like that, any help would be great). eg. 11:08 is 11 years and 8 months. I will have an actual age for every entry and then a reading age in the same format for every entry. I will then calculate the difference and put them in order of the highest difference. I basically need to know the formula for the format I want to use as my efforts have not come to fruition as yet! Thank you in advance, this is a great little community by the looks of it! Carl -- carlharris ----------------------------------------------...

Using formula values
I have a workbook which has 3 worksheets. The first (Sheet1) is a manual data input form. The second (Sheet2) is automatically populated with specific entries from Sheet1. The final sheet (Sheet3) was created so I could compare (and therefore highlight via conditional formatting/macro) 'old' data and 'new' data. That is, the information in Sheet2 is current whereas the Sheet3 data is out of date. I have two problems. First, I want to know how I can actually pull the values that arise from cell formulae (rather than just the formulae) in order to create Sheet3 (the '...

Convert a textbox string value into date
I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, can any one help please, thank you. >>I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, Converting I understand but 'into a date in the same format' is confusing. DateSerial("20" & Right("31-12-09",2),Mid("31-12-09",InStr("31-12-09","-")+1,2),Left("31-12-09",2)) If you format it for display the results is a string. If you are going to use it in calculati...

Accessing Color palette values
Hi, Objective ******* I'm developing an utility where the user is given a option to select color. Then certain cells in the excel will be filled with that color I have a user form where the user chooses the color. I'm usin CommonDialog.ShowColor to show the dialog. Problem ****** CommonDialog.Color returns a long. And Cell1.Interior.ColorIndex=CommonDialog.Color throws an error. I thin this is due to the fact that ColorIndex can take values on upto 5 only. Is there a workaround or is there any way to achieve the objectiv mentioned above Thx Min -- Message posted from http://www....

Tracking current value of Euro account balance in home currency, Money 2006...
I have an account in Euro currency from which I make occasional transactions. I have several accounts set up in my own currency, and it is easy to track the transactions from these. However, the rate of exchange between this currency and the Euro fluctuates, I would like to be able to change this rate from time to time to see the current value of the Euro account compared to my currency and add it to the other accounts to give an accurate total. However, it seems that I can only enter the value of this exchange rate once on account setup, and it seems like this is now fixed, for if I delete a...