Margin transactions not handled proprtly.

I have an online brokerage account which can accept
transctions. The margin balance is reflected as a
negative cash balance. When margin interest is downloaded
to my Money account the interest appears as a negative
number (which is correct) but it appears positive in the
cash transactions. Not sure how to change this.

Dennis.
0
dflaherty (1)
9/26/2003 5:09:12 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Dennis Flaherty wrote:

>I have an online brokerage account which can accept
>transctions. The margin balance is reflected as a
>negative cash balance. When margin interest is downloaded
>to my Money account the interest appears as a negative
>number (which is correct) but it appears positive in the
>cash transactions. Not sure how to change this.

Do you mean in the QIF or OFX transaction it shows as negative but
enters into the cash transactions register in the Deposit column?

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Image Object outside margins on report
I have a report, with a width set to 21.2, and margins set at .2 for both left and right. The report is setup to print in landscape on letter size paper. The width is set this wide so that the report prints 2 pages wide. I have an image object in the upper right corner of the page header, to display a company logo. I have a 2nd image object in the upper right corner of what will be page 2 when printed, outside of the page width, so this same logo will print on the 2nd page. For some reason this image wont print on the 2nd page. Everything else seems to print just fine. If I place a text...

Problem with margins in Publisher 2007
Hello, I am having a difficult time with a flyer that I created quite some time ago in the 2003 version of Publisher. I made a few changes using 2007 and now anything below the bottom 3/4'' won't print. The other margins are the same as the bottom one but it gets cut off when it prints. I created a .pdf to see if it was a printer problem or a Publisher problem and the .pdf comes out with the same part cut off on the bottom of the flyer. I have changed the margins to 0 and still no luck. I have examples if needed. Please help - I have tried everything! Nancii Take a ...

margines
how do i make margines unmoveble. i have sean some excels where top block is standing stile while u can scroll down.. how can i do that, please help thanks, krex You should try using freeze panes under Windows on the menubar. Simply activate a cell and select that option. You'll need to experiment with this to determine which cell activated will freeze which rows and columns. Rob "krex123" <krex@hi.hinet.hr> wrote in message news:C082554A-E2DA-4873-84E9-DDE21D1A4306@microsoft.com... > how do i make margines unmoveble. i have sean some excels where top block is stan...

frozen transactions
MS Money 2004 Windows XP with SP2 I have two transactions (disbursements) that show up in italics in the journal listing and can not be edited or deleted. The originated at Electronic Payments (Epays) that were saved as drafts because my bank was down. When I later went back and tried to submit the payments I got an error message. I deleted the payments from the page where you submit the payments but they did not go away from the journal listing. The little envelope indicating that they are electron pays did go away. Further the date has passed and the payments were not made elect...

newly downloaded transactions are not showing
Up until now Money 2006 has been working flawlessly. Today I go in to Money and download new transactions from my bank. Money shows that I have 42 new transactions to read; however when I go into the account to see the transactions they are not listed. I have checked my Views and all is as it should be. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. Has anyone else ever experienced this phenomenon ? Money thinks it has 42 transactions (and it should) however they are not viewable. Any ideas, Duke In microsoft.public.money, Duke wrote: > Up until now Money 20...

transactions
Can I turn off the date match after I download transactions and want to match. Mine match except the date when I enter the check and the bank don't match. In microsoft.public.money, Douglas wrote: >Can I turn off the date match after I download >transactions and want to match. Mine match except the date >when I enter the check and the bank don't match. I am not sure I understand your question. There are these: Tools->Options->OnlineServices->OverwriteTransactionDatesWithDatesFromDownloadedTransactions Tools->Options->OnlineServices->MatchTransactio...

Margins
How do I set up margins around cells so there is more space around text in a cell? And how do I keep this as part of my master template, and how avoid having to add this format if I add a row or column, since excel doesn’t seem to keep formats even though I change them from the top or right for the entire row. Everytime I add a new row or column it forgets how I changed the sheet. Do you use a common rowheight for all your rows? If yes, then select all the cells (ctrl-a, (twice in xl2003) and adjust the rowheight of all the rows. If no, then it looks like excel will pick up the row ...

M2005 undeletable transaction stuck
I have a transaction that is "STUCK." It shows up in reports as having various categories, but in the account register it is blank / unassigned. Until you hover over it with the mouse. Then, it shows the erroneous categories in a pop-up. There seems to be no way to delete or edit this transaction. I have run the quick and standard repairs on my file, but it is still stuck. ...

Margins
i have a message that pops up when i try to increase my margins or even just change the page set up. That wont allow me to change anything. It says increasing the right margins causes uneven spacing in the columns which becomes to narrow. ...

How to avoid automatic additions to payee list based on credit card transactions
Microsoft Money 2005 Premium Edition If I download/update my CitiCard (MasterCard) statement online, every entity that I made a credit card payment to gets added to my Payee list. How do I stop this, since a lot of these entities may never again receive any payment from me so I do not want their names to clutter my Payee list ? Thanks in advance for any help. Matt http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=63, though that path is slightly different for M05 and the UFAQ has not been updated just yet with the exact path. It's in Tools|Settings|something. "Admin" <Net*man@yahoo.com...

margins
Hi! I am using Publisher 2000 and I am printing to a HP 6127 LaserJet Color Printer. My problems is this: I am creating a brochure, 8.5 by 11, landscape and have set the margins to .3. My printer has nonprinting margins of .25. When I print the brochure the top, bottom and left margins are just fine, but the right margin is approx 1/2 inch. Nothing I do will correct it so it is .3 there also. I have tried to set margins to .5 but it just shifts the right margin even farther (like to .75). I thought it was a printer problem and so I typed up a Word doc and set it for .25 margins and it ...

problem with repeated transactions
My american express transactions are auto downloaded into Money 2002. But a lot of the transactions are repeated - the same transaction shows up twice in the register. This happens with most of the transactions. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks. This is probably because they are being sent again by the bank. If you can, specify a date range, or use any options that they provide (if they do) to download since the previous download. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To sen...

margin
I am having trouble with the bottom margin of my poster. I have tried to set the bottom margin so that I could print within 1/4 inch from the bottom, but I cannot. I am using Publisher 2002 with a HP deskjet printer. Any ideas how to let me print that way? You can sometimes eek out another few mm by setting the page size to Legal. You'll most likely get a printer error about the page size not matching the paper, but it should print anyway. I used to do that all the time with an older HP printer we had. Melissa "Bradd" <miltsdad@aol.com> wrote in message news:022401...

problems viewing transactions after downloading
Although account statements download properly and show up on screen, Money will not allow me to view and therefore accept the transactions into the register. When you go to the accounts area it shows the account with the number of transactions in brackets with the current date of the download, but will not allow access to view them. Can anyone help? Thx in advance H In microsoft.public.money, H wrote: >the accounts area it shows the account with the number of >transactions in brackets with the current date of the >download, but will not allow access to view them. > C...

Outlook 2003 adjusting custom stationary margins
Is this possible? I've downloaded different stationary's from different sites on the internet that I would like to use. My problem is that when I use them to send someone an email message, it looks great because the first thing I do is set the margins. When the receiver replies, however, they don't know to set the margins. I get the reply and can't see the left-most 3rd of their reply because it's hidden under my stationary. How can I set a custom stationary to use a different margin, both for sending and receiving? Is it possible? If not, what good is custom ...

Getting a left margin to behave like a header or footer
Good morning. Our letterhead lists our products along the left margin, and i'd like them to be "cemented" on, like they would if they appeared in the header or footer, but can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions? A header or footer can be anywhere on the page. Open the header view and insert a (borderless?) text box in the left margin to take your margin text then close the header view. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My ...

Right margin space even with margin setting at 0.1???
When using office word, my right margin is set at 0.1 yet there is a ton of space on the right side that I can't break through. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Do you have Track Changes enabled? Or does the document contain comments? If so, Word is allowing extra margin space for markup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Computer Illit" <Computer Illit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9C827D-E8B9-40B6-A096-2927B0526A39@microsoft.com... > When using off...

voided transactions and deposits
Sometimes a transaction is voided to correct a misring (I made a reason code for it). When it involves using a deposit (such as picking up an entire work order), voiding it seems to eliminate the deposit. The POS doesn't restore the deposit when this is done, though, so when I RE-ring in the transaction, I have to manually add a "coupon" a non-inventory item with a negative price of the deposit amount. I save a copy of the transaction and make a note so that when I enter the info into my accounting software, I correctly debit the deposit liability account. Is there anoth...

Microsoft Money quits working after Downloading Amex transactions
Not sure if I should notify you or American Express but I narrowed down a problem that began abrubtly today. I download my monthly statement and transactions for my credit cards, American Express is one and I also have a MasterCard. I have not tried to see if there is a problem with the MasterCard or not. I downloaded my transactions on Wednesday and allocated them to their categories. I have been in and out of Money several times since. Early this afternoon (Friday) I opened Money (Premium 2007 running in a Vista Home environment) and I began to get an error: "Money has stoppe...

Default Transaction Type
I am using Money 2003. It used to be that 'Debit' was the default transaction type in my checking account register. At one point I needed to create a different transaction type named 'Temporary'. Now that I did this 'Temporary' has become the default, which is very inconvenient. How do I reset it back to 'Debit'? I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you. I'm thoroughly confused, too. What's a default transaction type? Are you talking about Payee? Are you talking about stuff that gets entered in the fields when you start a new transact...

How Outlook 2007 Beta handles IMAP?
Is there an option to choose if copy of outgoing message can be stored on server or locally? Is there any difference in handling IMAP between OL2007 and OL2003? Thanks. Charles Hi Charles, There are some major differences in IMAP between 2003 and 2007. 2007 is now fully IMAP spec compliant, which means IMAP support should be better (there are still quite a few IMAP bugs though in Beta 2). If you experience weird IMAP issues, please post here so that they can be relayed to MS. 2007 now has the option you are looking for. Tools, Account Settings, click change on your IMAP account,...

a good add-in to handle matrix items?
I am looking for a good add-in to better handle matrix items. I need better handling of matrix items on POs. Also, I need something that will make adding items to matrices much easier than the stock RMS way. I have looked at the Retail Realm solution, but was wondering if there was anything else out there that I should check out. I setup a system for retail shoes stores where every item is part of a matrix and I can confirm that our buyer has been really happy with the retail realm add on. It even prints PO's with matrix view. Dave Weston Sole Desire Stringers wrote: > I am looking...

Transact SQL teaser
Hi Gurus! I need your immediate help with a brainteaser… My problem: I need a setbased SQL for loading a Data warehouse. I have a dataflow with many rows per category. These rows should be grouped per date interval and ID and category. min (from_date) and max (to_date) should be delivered as in the result below. I can easily handle this with a cursor, but that’s to slow… What would you suggest? Best, Jocke The example: ID Category from_date to_date 1691789 43 2004-09-01 00:00:00.000 2005-03-01 00:00:00.000 1691789 43 2005-03-01 00:00:00.000 2005-09-01 ...

class for folder-handling (md, rd, etc.)
Hi all, is there a class that include methodes like ::_mkdir( ) etc? I didn't found anything concerning this. Regards Ralf "ZZT" <a@b.c> skrev i en meddelelse news:bvdblq$i87$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de... > Hi all, > > is there a class that include methodes like ::_mkdir( ) etc? I didn't > found anything concerning this. > > Regards Ralf > Take a look at functions like CreateDirectory(), RemoveDirectory(), maybe MakeSureDirectoryPathExists() -- Bjarne Nielsen ...