Manually adding a transaction requires manually entering category

I posted about this before and didn't get a resolution. Before I buy a
new financial package can anyone tell me if you personally can enter a
transaction manually in Money 2006 and when the transaction downloads
from the bank it not only moves it to the register but also adds the
category. Everything everyone has told me to look at in reference to
this was already set the way they asked me to change it.At this point
I'd like to know if this works for anyone or is this just a feature
that should have been in Money but wasn't included.

Thanks.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Downloaded transactions will match to existing transactions and adopt their
categories. You may have to manually match and edit the first few, until it
recognizes the association. Money will also attempt to associate an unknown
payee with a category based on hocus-pocus. Sometimes it works, sometimes
it doesn't. I'm guessing it's based on SIC codes in the vendor number, but
I'm just making a guess.

This doesn't work 100% of the time. It works well enough for me. Sometimes
the downloaded descriptions are ambiguous to the point that Money can't
consistently determine which to match to. There are ways to configure that
in the payees setup area.

Try the trial version before spending money.
http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_info.mspx. Even if you do spend
money, you may get your money back if not satisfied, depending where you
bought it. Microsoft does that but you can buy Money cheaper elsewhere,
like at Sam's.

Don't bother with "Essentials".
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

<neal.wilkinson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I posted about this before and didn't get a resolution. Before I buy a
> new financial package can anyone tell me if you personally can enter a
> transaction manually in Money 2006 and when the transaction downloads
> from the bank it not only moves it to the register but also adds the
> category. Everything everyone has told me to look at in reference to
> this was already set the way they asked me to change it.At this point
> I'd like to know if this works for anyone or is this just a feature
> that should have been in Money but wasn't included.
>
> Thanks.

0
spam_magnet (1210)
8/26/2006 6:30:07 PM
Chris Cowles wrote:
> Downloaded transactions will match to existing transactions and adopt their
> categories. You may have to manually match and edit the first few, until it
> recognizes the association.

I've been entering data for almost a year so I'm guessing it should
have enough to go on. There must be something that switches it off
somewhere, I just can't find it.

The fact that data exist does not mean Money has learned the relationship
between existing and downloaded transactions. It really works pretty well,
though.

Look in options regarding autocomplete in the register, and days to search
in online settings. Also, go to Payee Rules Manager in Payees. Review the
'Excluded payee names' and Preferred payee matches lists. If you clean them
up a little, it may improve considerably.
--

> I've been entering data for almost a year so I'm guessing it should
> have enough to go on. There must be something that switches it off
> somewhere, I just can't find it.

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Adding Backup and Security Status to Windwos SBS Console
Backup Status; It is possible to add the same Backup Status notification to a second server? Or maybe a client machine that you are using Windows based backup? Security Status; I would assume that I need to enable the firewall rule for the severs to have the the Security Status change from "Not Available" to OK correct? Or is there a fix for this? I tried to search for threads and couldn't find anything. Kev wrote: > Backup Status; > It is possible to add the same Backup Status notification to a second > server? Or maybe a client ma...

"The Starting balance entered ... does not match the starting balance calculated
Searched faqs and recent posting without success. I am trying to balance a new checking account with Microsoft Money 2004, windows XP. My statement balances are identical with that of the corresponding bank. I have a 3 month report. Yet when I try to balance the account, I always get the message: The starting balance entered from hyour statement does not match the starting balance calculated from your Money records". If I choose the option for Microsoft Money to enter a starting balance, all my balances no longer compare with that of the bank. Spend over an hour with support ...

Project Trans tables- posted and unposted transactions
I need some help narrowing down the tables for a project transaction detail report that would include posted and unposted project transactions. My client wants a transaction detail report that would include these columns: Date, Batch ID, Document ID, Cost Category, Description, Actual Cost. They could run this report for any project and it would list all costs associated with that project. I see some references to a combined history table- does that include all of the posted project transactions? And does anyone know what table would the unposted transactions be in? Thanks...

Update only the added invitees
I recently started using Outlook 2007. I added an invitee to a meeting and wanted only them to get the invite versus the whole group. I checked the send to only the added invitees button. What went wrong. Is there a save and close option like 2003? ...

Entering repeat data
Hi Using Excel 2000 SP3. I have a spreadsheet with two columns about 2,500 cells long. A2 shows the date of the first purchase and B2 shows the cost, B3 to B5 (say) show the cost of each transaction on that day but the date is not repeated in A. A6 shows the date of the first transaction on that date and B6 the cost and so on, there is no consistancy in the number of transactions per day. I need to fill in the date of each transaction and dont want to do it manually by dragging the cell down as I have over 250 seperate dates on the spreadsheet. Is there a way to automate this? thanks D...

Regular investment transactions
My wife's 401K broker's website does not integrate directly with Money. It doesn't even have the almost as good option of letting you download and then import the transactions. They have to be entered by hand. This is not a *huge* hassle, but it does mean entering purchases 5 different investments weekly and I'd like to be able to automate it somewhat. My first thought was that I could enter this as recurring investments in the bills section, but the problem with this is of course that the price of the investment changes each week. (What would be great is if the program c...

Adding SOP number to POP blank form
I'd like to know how to add the SOP number to the POP form in GP 8.0. I realize in the earlier version you were able to configure the SOP_POPLink table relationships to POP_PO however I can't seem to configure this in 8.0. Is there a new report writer function? Thanks, ...

Formula to enter to round an Excel value up to the next $0.5?
If I have a value of $10 and add 10% by dividing by 0.90, I get $11.11 which I would like to round up to the nearest $0.5, i.e. $11.15. Does anybody know the formula and can you use it on a result which is also a formula? Thanks, Lee "Lee" wrote: > If I have a value of $10 and add 10% by dividing by 0.90, > I get $11.11 which I would like to round up to the > nearest $0.5, i.e. $11.15. From your example, I presume you mean "nearest $0.05" (nickel). > Does anybody know the formula and can you use it on a > result which is also a formula? If you truly ...

Transaction by Document not opening
I just upgraded from version 6 to Dynamics 9 SP4 (9.00.0352). For some reason now I can't open Transaction by Document (Inquiry-Sales). Any ideas why that doesn't open? I tried logging on as 'sa' and myself with neither working. This window was not modified in the previous version. Thanks, Beth Well, that was the immediate point that came to my mind. Form being Modified. You can still give it a try to revert the access back to the original GP form (to ensure that you do have access to that form), by either doing it from Advanced Security or by running the Security Rec...

Adding row to a table
I have appreciated the input of g. mayor and have found his "An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table" (http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm) to be quite helpful. It is designed to be an 'exit macro' and I am trying to use it in a slightly different way. My issue is that as a user tabs through a form they will always come to the last cell and tabbing to the next formfield just creates another row. So I am attempting to set up a button (commandbutton) that will run the macro and add an additional row 'on demand.' I have this...

how do I enter a list in a list box or a combo box
hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... On 31/05/2010 11:42 AM, word challenged wrote: > hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box > but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... See the following page of Greg Maxey's website: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm If it's an ActiveX combobox that you haved inserted directly into the document, right click on it and select View Code and use c...

Federal Tax Refund
MS Money 2008 Plus Premium. I'm trying to decide what category/category group to place a Federal Tax Refund in. I see a Category Group under INCOME titled "State/Local Tax Refund". There is also a Category Group under EXPENSE titled "Federal Taxes". I'm not sure of the implications behind this decision. Any thoughts? There is no one right answer. Personally, I have expense categories for ___ Taxes - Previous Year (for Federal and State) and use those. I think those are in some Taxes category group. But category groups are of such limited utility that I proba...

Can I assign a Payee to a category?
Can I assign a Payee to a category in Money 2007? If so, how? It's not clear what you mean by "assign a Payee to a Category". Are you saying you always want downloaded data that references a given payee name to be assigned to the same income or expense category? "Christopher" <Christopher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C24FBA5-6968-41EE-A4A1-995F6C2FBB2F@microsoft.com... > Can I assign a Payee to a category in Money 2007? If so, how? That's exactly what I'd like to do, do you know how to do it? "Dick Watson" wrote:...

How do I enter a date in excel without "/" ex. 041504 will show 0.
Excel can't do this without some help. You could look at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html for an addin that can set this up. tj "Amy" wrote: > ...

Receivables transactions custom fields
We have multiple outside billings systems that we integrate with Great Plains. There are some items that we need to bring in that we have a custom table to hold. It would be nice to have fields in the Receivable Transaction screen that are customizable to our use. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cl...

A required .dll file, MFC 42U.dll, was not found.
Someone attempted to run my SDI program, created in C++ 6.0, on an Windows 98 laptop. I do not support my software on Windows 98. However, could someone tell me what this indicates: "A required .dll file, MFC 42U.dll, was not found." On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:27:34 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >Someone attempted to run my SDI program, created in C++ 6.0, on an Windows >98 laptop. I do not support my software on Windows 98. However, could >someone tell me what this indicates: > >"A required .dll file, MFC 42U.d...

Money 2003
I have a problem with downloading statements from my bank. If a = downloaded deposit needs to be matched with multiple entries in the = register as when depositing several items at once, I can manually match = them up just fine. The problem is the next time I download, Money = somehow does not realize the transaction has already been downloaded and = I get another copy. At this point I am stuck since I can not re-match it = and deleting the downloaded transaction just causes it to be downloaded = again. Matching downloaded transactions with a single entry causes no = problems. Any ideas on wha...

Adding Child Support as an expense
I've found out that Money 2004 has "Child Support Received" listed as an available income, but I am unable to find something like "Child Support Paid" in the expenses. The closest I've found, is Child Care. Does anyone have any "How-To" or "Where It Is" advice for this? You can always create your own expense account. I'd probably create a whole new category just as you suggest "Child Support Paid." "Rick" <rickgibson@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:1edd101c456b9$9cd7bfa0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'...

SQL Command to enter picturei for supplier
I want to add a picture to all items from a particular supplier. For example, I have a coke logo, and forall items where primary supplier is "Coke" I want to use picture coke.jpg. I don't want to manually add the filename to each item... Any help? Hi Jason...we have a tool that wil make this a snap called the Product Attribute Manager (PAM). Basically its a mass item editor for RMS. We use it for our web integration, but you could use it seperatley of course. Please email me at todd.jensen@nitrosell.com or call my office 480-968-7798. All the best, Todd Jason wrote: >...

Inventry field in Receivings Transaction Entry
I have done an upgrade from GP9 to GP 10. Since the upgrade the additional line on the Receivings Transaction Entry window is missing, the fields in question are: Inventry Account, Tax Detail ID, Change Reason and Tax Amount. How do I get this back on again? -- Stephen Great Plains Consultant Stephen, was this a customization you had in GP 9.0? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9123...

Newbie Question Column Adding Please Help
I have a spreadsheet that has a column and the contents of the column is either a "Y" or "N" I would like to know how to count (sum) the number of "Y"'s and "N"s to give me the total number of "Y"s and the total number of "N"'s Column A Y Y Y Y N N N N N Total Y 4 Total N 5 Thanks Tom =countif(A:A,"n") =countif(a:a,"y") Tom Grassi wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet that has a column and the contents of the column is > either a "Y" or "N" I would like to know how t...

Help required in Update query
Hi, pls help me here table t1 has 3 fields, and data is as below name , grade , marks n1 a 10 n2 b 20 n3 c 30 n4 a 30 n5 c 10 n6 n7 40 now i want an update query where 2 names should be swapped. like n1 is updated as n2, and n2 updated as n1. i tried to put update query, but problem is if n1= n2 then we have 2 n2's in the table then again n2=n1 tried then we have 2 n1's , i want both names should be interchanged, any help STEP 1: BACKUP you...

Unclassified Transactions In Report
I am using MS Money 2002. I cannot create a report that allows me to include unclassified transactions while leaving some (but not all) classifications unselected. It appears that the only options are (A) to only include specific classifications or (B) include all classifications including unclassified transactions. There seems to be no way to inlcude only some classifications and also include unclassified transactions. This option is available in Quicken, and the limitation in MSMoney is keeping me from making the transition (which I would very much like to make). Could you tel...

Can't enter new transactions
Please help...I can't enter new withdrawals..I get the message "This transaction cannot be entered" Haven't changed any settings just started with this message today. In microsoft.public.money, Diane wrote: >Please help...I can't enter new withdrawals..I get the message "This >transaction cannot be entered" Haven't changed any settings just started >with this message today. Make a repaired version of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2. If that does not do it, restore a backup that predates the problem. ...

Microsoft Outlook requires password but not the same as login password
Hi I have logged into the microsoft domain network successfully and then when I try to open Microsoft Outlook it asks me for a password, I put the same password in with the same login details but it will not accept this. What can this be - it is happening on 2 users only - the other users are fine - they just log into the network and are able to open Microsoft Outlook without having to further put in a password. Please help. Thanks in advance. Em I assume this is an Exchange connection? See if this KB article applies to you http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321652 -- Robert Sparnaaij [...