making a transfer show up in the budget

Hi all.
I am running MS money 2006.  How do I make a transfer show up in my budget?
I have several liabilities and credit cards, and I would like to make a
budget with the monthly amount owed to each creditor showing up in my
budget.  The MS Money 2006 standard program does not allow me, as far as I
can tell, to make a monthly transfer to a credit card or liability show up
in my budget, unless I make it a category.  Any help with this is much
appreciated.
thanks

0
aptdoc (8)
7/4/2007 9:59:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=124 for the short answer. You may be
more interested in "cash flow" than "budget". Unfortunately, M06 Standard
doesn't provide the cash flow tool.

"PeterInMN" <aptdoc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am running MS money 2006.  How do I make a transfer show up in my
> budget? I have several liabilities and credit cards, and I would like to
> make a budget with the monthly amount owed to each creditor showing up in
> my budget.  The MS Money 2006 standard program does not allow me, as far
> as I can tell, to make a monthly transfer to a credit card or liability
> show up in my budget, unless I make it a category.  Any help with this is
> much appreciated.

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Make Default

UserForm show question
Is there any way to cause a userform (UserForm2) to show when someone clicks in TextBox1 on the current userform? I am not sure I understand the question, but you can call a UserForm anytime from any code module because it is a separate object. But if it is already visible you cannot open a second instance of it. The TextBox has a double click event that could be used, but not a single click. There are other events such as enter and exit that could also be used to call a userform. You can view these events by creating a textbox from the Control Toolbox and then right click ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

Msn not showing emoticons
I checked the box in the customisation window, i checked it so i can see emoticons, but yet i still cant. i tried restarting the computer, but it still didnt work. Anyone help? Greetings, What exactly are you seeing instead? For instance, are you seeing the textual equivalent, like :)? Or are you getting a blank white area or what? Additionally, are these custom emoticons or the built-in ones? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jona...

making tickets

Transfering a Money file to a laptop
I have recently converted from Quicken to Money 2005. I have Money istalled on my home PC and I wish to be able to transfer my Money fioe to my laptop to have it available when away from home. I have installed Money on the laptop and backed up my file to a USB device but when I try to restore the file to the laptop I am unable to do so getting a message saying "....the file can't be located, or it is read only, or I don't have permission, or it is write-protected", none of which are correct. If I copy the file directlt to my laptop and try to open it I get the same mes...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Quicken'04 to Money (Trial) did not transfer any transactions or balances
After going thru the install, and conversion of Q'04 to Money, Money re-created all the accounts, and on the confirmation dialogue box it reported(correctly ) the account balances that it would import. However, none of the transactions showed up, and all the account balances are equal to zero. I imported the data file, as well as attempted to bring in the QIF(but shouldn't have had to). Got an error message. Any suggestions? Pierre Since M04 doesn't support conversion of Q04 files, I'm surprised you got anything. "Yippy" <yippy@snippy.net> wrote in mes...

After data transfer my Cancelled and Credited Invoices became Read
Hello, we had a consultant in to perform data transfer for us from a test server to our production server. The data came over just fine, but now any of the invoices we had that have status of Cancelled-Cancelled or Cancelled-Credited are not viewable. The error screen displays a message indicating the record is read-only and can not be displayed. How do I fix this? Recheck the security previleges of the user role that you are using to open th invoice. "kathyc" wrote: > Hello, > > we had a consultant in to perform data transfer for us from a test > server to our...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Outlook 2003 Calendar
Boss and secretary. Secretary takes a new job elsewhere. Secretary's account was disabled and deleted according to our normal procedures. For some reason, every time the boss has an appointment or meeting scheduled by her new secretary (or anyone else for that matter), we get bounce back message saying that the former secretary's email cannot be found. Below is the exact message: <<<<<<**********<<<<<<< Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test date for ****** (former secretary) Sent: 4/7/20...

Loan Payments Show Overdue After Payments Are Entered
I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule. I set the payment type to Write Check. I download transactions from my bank and select Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category for my payment and then Accept. The transactions enter properly into the loan schedule. Bills and Deposits status consistently shows the payments are overdue. I have to manually Skip Payment for each one to get rid of the warnings. Input please! Anyone? On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:27:24 -0500, Kris <asdf@asdf.net> wrote: >I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule. I set the payment >type to Write C...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Medium time text box shows year
I am working with an adp access frontend and a SQL Server backend. One of my forms uses several Medium Time fields with Input Mask: 99:00\ >LL;0;_ Default Value: #10:00:00 PM# (for example) The problem is that whenever I click on one of these fields the following year information shows, too, in addition to the time: "12/30/1899" The year information is also saved in the SQL Server table, e.g. "12/30/1899 10:00:00 PM" I only want to save the time, how do I get rid of the year? Thanks for your help. ...

Paycheck showing up on budget report
When allocating a paycheck to verious pre-tax, post-tax, etc. categories my net deposit does not show up on the monthly budget report. I have checked and the category is correct but does not show on the budget report. It does however show on the monthly income/expense report. Why and how do I correct this? In general, you don't--if you really want to track the gross paycheck--which there are many reasons to do. That's because there is nothing assigned to the "net" category since the net is just what you assigned to "gross" less all of the other things you...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Formulas showing in sheet
I have a spreadsheet that after several times of making changes the formulas will suddenly be visible rather then the answers. I have tried everything to get the formulas to not show. The only thing I can do is create a new page, copy the old page and paste it in the new page. Randy Try the following in the Tools Menu. Tools, OPtions and in the View Tab make sure that the Display Formulas checkbox is not ticked. (Click on it to remove the Tick then click OK. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet that after several times of making >changes the form...